• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,287 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,287

Devil's Coffee Cake

"Yes…" Twilight said demonically, licking her lips and wearing an evil smile. "You must not be forgiven...until I've tasted your blood…"

And with that, Twilight clutched Pinkie's front legs as hard as she could and sunk her claws into her flesh, ripping open her skin. Pinkie writhed in pain, screaming as blood dripped down from her front legs and onto Twilight's tongue.

"Oh, that's good…" Twilight said happily, enjoying every drop. "Your suffering is curing my sorrow, quelling my anger...but it's strange. I'm happy, yet somehow not content. I feel like I need to hurt you more."

Upon hearing that, Pinkie's mane began going down and a red aura started appearing around her body too.

"In fact," continued Twilight, "I feel I should hurt everyone who has dared to laugh at me in my time of need…"

With that, Pinkie's red aura grew as bright as Twilight's and with a demonic growl, she kicked Twilight in the face with her right back leg and busted her nose. Feeling a burning sensation, Twilight let Pinkie go and covered her nose with her right front legs. Recovering from the pain, her wound healing much faster as a demon, she soon pulled her legs away from her face and saw...pink cake frosting with steam coming out of it on her claws. Turning her attention to Pinkie Pie, she was shocked to see that her flesh had become just the same...pink cake frosting.

"You know," said Pinkie in a demonic voice, "even though it awakened my demonic aura, what you did to me actually didn't sting too badly. That's not the first time I've been devil's food. However, the knowledge of you wanting to hurt others...that left me STEAMING. You better stop this shit right now or I will make you stop it the hard way. You have to learn that you can't act like this..."

"BLOW OFF, "TEACHER"!" Twilight shouted as she slashed Pinkie across the face.

Following the slash, bits of cake frosting went on the carpet. Pinkie was left with scratches on her face, but with crumbs of cake bread visible in the scratches instead of blood. After wiping her left front leg that was dripping cake frosting across her face, her scratches were healed. Twilight was astonished.

"No way…" she thought. "Not only can she become a demon too...but her form is different...MUCH different."

"Teacher, huh?" Pinkie finally replied. "Then I guess it's my job to teach you a lesson. Just don't expect it to be on home economics!"

Pinkie swiped the air using her left front leg to fling hot cake frosting at Twilight Sparkle's face. Twilight ducked, rushed towards Pinkie Pie, and kicked her in the stomach with as much force as she could muster. Pinkie was thrown back against the couch, which was flipped over on its back. Pinkie picked herself up though, along with the couch. She then leaped up in the air and spun around, spreading small globs of intensely hot cake frosting in the air that acted as homing missiles. Guided down towards Twilight, Twilight tried to dodge by jumping in the air at the last second, but failed. All the globs hit her in mid-jump, but not the pain from the force of the blows nor the pain from the searing heat of the cake frosting was enough to bring Twilight down to the ground. She became enraged as she shook the cake frosting off her demon skin, and opened up her wings. She then flew towards Pinkie and grabbed her by the stomach...

Meanwhile, a worried Spike was still upstairs in Twilight's bedroom, sitting on her bed and snacking on a donut to try and calm his nerves. Just then, the bedroom door was busted wide open. The hinges broke and it fell to the ground with a loud, resounding bang. Scared out of his wits, Spike dropped his donut and hid under the covers of Twilight's bed.

Ha ha, you scaredycat. Don't you remember?

"Oh yeah," said Spike in realization as he came out from under the covers and picked his donut up, "that happens every now and then. For a sec-"

Not even a sec later, Pinkie Pie fell through the roof, landing right on top of Spike with her rear and sandwiching him between her cheeks of cake frosting and his donut. Whatever had once held up the bed was broken now and a hole had been made through the roof. Through the roof's hole, Twilight could be seen flapping her wings, eyeing her right claw with a menacing grin.

"Get ready, you wet, sugar-coated bread sack…" Twilight taunted Pinkie. "I'm going to cut your face so bad this time it'll leave a permanent scar…"

Twilight then flew down through the hole, slashed Pinkie across the face with all her might and landed on the floor close to the wall in front of the bed. Huge chunks of frosting went everywhere. Pinkie felt great pain from the slash...but she didn't scream. Wiping her face with her left front leg again, she could only halfway fill the wounds, but she still didn't make a sound.

"WH-WHY AREN'T YOU HOLLERING IN AGONY?!" Twilight shouted, her full focus on Pinkie.

Pinkie didn't respond.

"ANSWER ME!" Twilight yelled as she came closer to the bed. "OR I'LL HURT…"

Twilight paused when she saw that Pinkie was looking down sadly at Spike...who had been flattened like a classic cartoon character and had burns on his face from being under the heated frosting.

...What? Would you prefer for him to be dead?

Having fainted from what had happened so suddenly, Spike had not witnessed too much, but Twilight and Pinkie knew that they had still gone too far. After Pinkie inflated Spike back to his normal state like a classic cartoon character, Twilight decided to say something.

"How…?" Twilight asked as concern began to replace her rage. "How did that happen?"

"It happened because of us…" Pinkie replied. "This is part of the price that comes with demonic power...even those we don't aim our hatred at suffer...do you still feel the drive to hurt?"

Twilight knew the answer to that question as she changed back into a pony involuntarily, her rage needed to activate and maintain her transformation having subsided. Pinkie, however, changed back voluntarily.

"I know how to control my powers," explained Pinkie as she walked over to the short dresser and looked at the coffee cup and plate that was still on top of it, "but only because of time, patience, and help from a dear loved one. I've had them for quite some time, and it took a while before I learned how to use them for good."

"Quite some time?" Twilight asked. "You couldn't have had them that long...right?"

With her back turned to Twilight, Pinkie picked up the coffee cup and held her left hoof over it. The coffee in the cup shook, and Pinkie turned around and faced Twilight.

"You don't think I was able to plan such elaborate parties and do all the other crazy stuff I've done without some kind of otherworldly power, do you?" Pinkie replied. "I can also sense the aura of others. I felt Spike's aura when he had been crushed underneath me, and I can tell you, he wasn't just unnerved because of the fear and shock. Even after he fainted, I could feel that his aura was one of sadness. But he's not just sad because of what's happened to Fluttershy. He's also sad because he's worried that something might happen to you, seeing how depressed you've been...like you dying not just bodily, but spiritually too…"

Tears flowed from Twilight's eyes. Pinkie put the coffee cup back on the plate on the dresser to allow Twilight to give her a hug.

"I'm so sorry Pinkie…" Twilight said wholeheartedly. "I didn't even realize what I was becoming…I promise I'll never try to hurt you or anyone out of malice ever again."

"It's alright Twilight…" Pinkie told her with a smile. "I forgive you. And I trust in your promise too. I know full well that you're not a demon at heart. I've known from the beginning that you have a heart of purity and light. Literally! I've seen it before!"

At first, Twilight was slightly confused by that last bit, hoping she wasn't being sarcastic. It wasn't long though before she realized that that was just Pinkie being Pinkie in trying to cheer her up and smiled.

"Glad to see you smile again, Twilight!" Pinkie exclaimed as her mane reinflated. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to Rarity's house and try to invite her to lunch at Sugarcube Corner again! She's been turning me down a lot recently for some reason."

After Pinkie left though, Twilight's smile quickly faded as she used her magic to teleport to her library, where she got out the book the torn page had appeared in, now shown to be a black book with a white star on it, and flipped to a section of said book…

"I knew it…" Twilight said as she read the page. "This is for real…"

Twilight then teleported the coffee from her bedroom to her, and began to drink it ominously...until she realized that it was better than she had expected it to be.

"Hey, hazelnut." she remarked, regaining her smile. "I've got to give Spike credit, he knows how to prepare this stuff."

Hey, thank Pinkie Pie as well. She made the coffee cake. Thank Pinkie's sister too, she showed her how to make it for a special occasion...

Conclusion of Part Two.

"That's the end of the second part!" Boss announced. "So, are you guys hooked yet?"

The Dark Sky members still weren't that impressed, with the exception of Derpy…

"It was a little more enjoyable than the opening part," said Dumb-bell, "but still, it was mostly just okay."

"Sorry, I still don't like this story much…" Hoops said. "I appreciate that it's trying to be creative and different from what came before it, but it just doesn't grab me."

"..." Score predicted the future of Boss' project silently.

"Boring AND lame." Ghost Rainbow Dash gave it straight. "I completely agree with Score's prediction. This is TOTALLY going to turn into a cliche supernatural drama story that everyone is going to praise because it's "SO ELABORATE AND WELL-WRITTEN", when really, they're just so blinded by the length of it that they completely overlook the gaping plotholes, pretentious writing style, and how shallow and grating the characters are. Oh yeah, and that scene with Fluttershy's funeral was terribly mean-spirited and unfunny. *spits* Blow me."

"I just don't know what's wrong with this story!" Derpy proclaimed. "It's a supernatural mystery, and a really entertaining one at that!"

"Glad you all loved it!" Boss exclaimed again. "And I did not make supernatural drama, I just wanted to make an original mystery for the world that could be read like a story. Also, I haven't forgotten about the riddle..."

Fluttershy _ hit _ _ _ _ _ Hawaiian _

Clue #1: called again