• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,286 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,286

Rarity and Discord's Ending

Everyone had left the courtroom. Even Bailiffs Myra Michaels/Maud Pie and Edward Miles were no longer there, having not come back after taking Rarity and Discord away for some reason…

Fluttershy was still in the courtroom, kneeling her head at the bench with her hooves in her hair. She still couldn't believe she had fallen for that trick. The real killer was going to get away with everything now…

Fluttershy cried. Her tears dripped down from her eyes onto the bench.

"I failed…" she said to herself. "I can't bring about justice...I don't deserve to be in this courtroom…"

Come on Fluttershy, you're being too hard on yourself.

Fluttershy could hear those words being spoken by Fantasy God Discord in her mind.

I must concur. Anybody could have made a mistake like that. Besides, you don't even get this down on the other two endings where you don't win the trial.

Fluttershy could hear those words in her mind being spoken by Ninja Time God Rarity.

"But this is different…" Fluttershy replied to them. "I tried this time...I really did try. And it's not like I threw the trial for the sake of saving a friend...how am I saving you guys by getting you convicted? You were just doing your jobs by writing the story as you were directed to write it...and now you're in jail just for that…"

Gee Fluttershy, when you say it like that, you make it sound very obvious who the real killer is.

Discord spoke those words.

Also, we're already out of jail now. I used my time powers to go to the time plane where we would be set free. Right now, we're actually in the Mortal World. Twilight Sparkle and her friends are here too. We teleported them back here with the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna to resolve some unfinished business.

Rarity spoke those words, and in response, Fluttershy lifted her head up from her desk in shock.

"Woah!" she exclaimed. "By that, you don't mean-"

Ha ha, chill out. There's no fire. Twilight and her friends aren't fighting with Prince Luna or anything. Thanks to us, peace talks have been made. Luna has agreed to never kill another pony before their time has come again.

Discord said that.

"Oh…" Fluttershy said in response. "Then what did you mean by "unfinished business"?"

By that, we just meant that all of them went to Princess Celestia's castle together to report back to her. After all, they were on a mission before all this stuff in our world, the Immortal World, happened.

"Oh," replied Fluttershy, "so are you going to come back now?"

Nope, not yet. Rarity and I have our own unfinished business to take care of in this world. This wasn't called Rarity and Discord's ending for no reason, heh heh.

After Discord spoke those words, the scene shifted to him and Rarity strolling through the Mortal World and seeing the result of all the chaos that had gone on in it. All of the ponies in Equestria had been merged with either demons or robots. Fire and products of the machine filled the land now. It was as if hell and robot heaven got mixed together. But Rarity and Discord looked upon this sight with glee.

"A much more beautiful scene than last time, wouldn't you agree?" Rarity said to her partner. "I'm glad we gave Twilight Sparkle liberties with this part. She really outdid herself."

"Far less blood was shed this time…" Discord responded. "I love it. These ponies are immortal now, living again not through death, but through becoming one with beings of the eternal. Fantastic…"

By last time, Rarity and Discord meant the last time they made a world immortal. That time, they had hired Myra Michaels to help them…

When the two gods had finished admiring the scenery, they took a glance at Princess Celestia's castle, which was in the distance.

"Now then…" Rarity said. "I think it's time we joined the heroes in their game of Who Went Where…"

Discord snapped his fingers to make his and Rarity's book appear in his hands, along with a pen.

"I'll admit that I'm out of practice," replied Discord as he opened the book and held the pen in his right hand, "but I'm sure I'll remember the rules along the way. After all, I'm the one writing them. Mwa ha ha..."

Inside Princess Celestia's castle…

A bizarre scene was unfolding inside the royal castle of the sun princess. Twilight Sparkle was the star of it, and Celestia, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna, were all bearing witness to it. Celestia was sitting on her throne, horrified by what she was seeing. Twilight Sparkle had just confessed to being not only the one behind the appearance of all the demons and robots in the land, but also to scheming to become the ruler of Equestria. Twilight's friends were there watching what was going on too, and they were at a loss for words. They knew that she had been working for Rarity and Discord, and that she had been hiding things from them, but this still came to them as a surprise with just how much she had hidden from them. As for Prince Luna, she looked surprised, but the others picked up a feeling that she may have known about all this…

"All that being said," said Twilight as she stood by a window and grinned at everyone in the room, "I'm sure you all know how sorry I am for this long-running charade of lies. My most contemptible one being the sham with the book. My power to make things happen in the story of this world is real, however. The book you caught me with and saw me use in front of you that time was just a replica, a fake, but the reason the stuff I wrote in it that time still happened…"

A glow of purple-pink magic was emanated around Twilight's horn as she did a spell to make a black book with a white star on it appear along with an ink-dipped quill, both floating in the air surrounded by the aura of Twilight's levitation magic.

"...is because it was pre-emptively written to happen in the real book right here." Twilight finished her sentence. "It is now time for me to do something I did not wish to write ahead of time...because this is something I wanted to do for real personally…"

Twilight said those words while looking at Prince Luna with a menacing smirk on her face. She opened up her book and came closer to her. She was about to put the quill up to a page of the book and write something when all of a sudden…

Question #7: Did Twilight Sparkle drink Pinkie Pie's coffee cake?

A. Yes

B. No

Yes

Twilight Sparkle felt an unpleasant sensation inside her stomach. Abruptly, she felt a very fluid form of cake frosting mixed with throw-up rise up to her throat and into her mouth. This combined with the shock from the sudden feeling of illness caused her to drop the book and quill and get down on the floor on bended knee, hurling up bile combined with coffee and cake frosting on the floor.

"What...the fuck?!" Twilight said in her mind. "Why am I...vomiting that up NOW?!"

Twilight was about to get the answer to that question as she saw the front hoof of Maud Pie get stamped on the book before her eyes. Glancing up, she looked at Maud in the face.

No

*SHING*

A familiar saber was plunged into Twilight Sparkle's back and went through her stomach. Twilight dropped the book and quill and bent down on the ground in pain...spiritual pain. She knew that this sword wasn't any ordinary sword. This was the sword of…

Maud Pie stepped on the book she had dropped with a front hoof. Dumbstruck, Twilight looked down at the edge of the blade and saw the initials, "M.M." engraved on it. She then saw the blade being pulled out of her, as Maud used her free hoof to grab the sword by the glowing-cross hilt and put it away in the sheath on her back. She then looked up at Maud's face...

"Myra Michaels…?" Twilight said, calling her that for the first time. "Why…"

"Sorry Twilight…" Maud/Myra apologized in an honestly sympathetic, yet dull tone. "But Rarity and Discord don't want you to win the way you want to win in this ending. Thus, I was assigned to make sure you win the way they want you to win."

"How's that…?" Twilight asked nervously in confusion.

"Rarity and Discord wanted this ending to involve us all living happily ever after by finding peace with our inner selves and making a commitment to become better people." Maud replied. "The way they want that to happen is for us to go to another world...again. But this time, it won't be the Immortal World. This time, we're going to my world…"

"And my world…" Edward Miles said with a smile as he stepped out from behind Prince Luna's shadow.

"W-were you behind me that whole time?!" Luna asked in surprise as she noticed Edward step out from behind her.

"Hey," replied Edward, "who said the shadow of the princess of the night wasn't a good place to hide?"

"Princess of the night…" Luna said. "Though I do still feel sentiment for that title, I go by the prince of death, now."

"No offense," responded Edward, "but that title makes you sound like the devil. Myra and I have an offer to make to you. If you accept it, we can help you become an angel."

"..." Luna went silent as she became curious of what he meant. Soon, she said, "Do tell…"

"The world Myra and I come from is the human world," explained Edward, "a world of much death that was once a world of much war too. Thanks to Myra's powers she inherited from becoming the God of War, conflict between nations has become far less fierce. However, the death toll is still intolerably high, with civilians everywhere dying from disease. We could really use someone like you, a controller and maintainer of death, to stabilize the death rate by only allowing those whose times have come to pass on."

"You…" Luna replied. "You would mean to say that I am...needed in another world? I have...another purpose? I would love to accept your offer, but...I thought that even Rarity and Discord wanted..."

"What Rarity and Discord wanted..." Myra intervened. "...was for you to fulfill the true destiny The Risen One had planned for you. And that was to be a light to our people…"

Luna felt tears of joy trickle down from her eyes and onto her cheeks.

"Then yes…" she said happily. "I will come to your world and do whatever I can for your people…"

Twilight on the other hand, still crouched on the floor, cried some tears of sadness.

"No…" she said sadly as she stomped the floor with her right front hoof. "No...this isn't fair...it was my duty...to make the Goddess of Death...a light to the ponies of our world…"

"Don't mull it over like you got screwed over." Myra told her as she looked down at her. "The Risen One did this so that you too could fulfill a great destiny…"

"You…" Twilight responded as she felt a familiar purple aura glow around her. "You don't mean…"

Myra then looked over at Twilight's friends, each one of them looking at themselves and seeing a familiar aura glow around them as well.

"Same for you guys…" she said. "You all have a calling to do something outside of this world. You all served your purpose in this world as Twilight Sparkle and her friends. The mission to bring eternal salvation to this world has been accomplished...it is time to bring that same salvation to another…"

Myra then turned to Princess Celestia.

"As for you," said Myra, "please have those four that you saw outside after you came back here from the incident with appearing out of Applejack's hat summoned here. They were Prince Luna's four souls, the ones who must be the light that bridges the gap between the living and the dead in her stead."

"Hmm?" Celestia hummed in confusion. "Why not ask my sister to call them back to her?"

Myra smiled at her.

"Because you are the ruler of this land," answered Myra, "the one who summons those who live and walk on it to your chambers. The Risen One knows that leading the ponies of this world is what you love to do. It's YOUR destiny."

Myra winked at her.

"Oh..." Celestia replied, also smiling now as she got what she was trying to do. "Very well then, I'll play my part…"

And so, Celestia had Octavia Melody, Vinyl Scratch, Tree Hugger, and Ken Tucke, still in the forms of Gummy, Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, and Spike respectively, brought to her royal chambers. While she had sent out her guards to find them, Myra Michaels had had an important conversation with Twilight Sparkle and her friends...

"You called?" Gummy asked Celestia in Octavia's voice. "Do you want a show?"

"If it's a musical show she wants," said Big Mac in Vinyl's voice, "then I can bust some ghostly beats out for everyone!"

"Music is good for the soul…" Apple Bloom said in Tree's voice. "It causes our spirits to vibrate, thus giving us spiritual exercise."

"BUT MUSIC CAN ONLY TOUCH THE SOUL!" Spike exclaimed in Ken's voice. "IT CAN'T GIVE TO YOU WHAT KEN TUCKE CAN!"

"While I admire your passionate...hearts," said Celestia, "I did not request for you to come here to hear you play music. I summoned you because someone you know here has something to tell you…"

"More like show," said Myra, "actually. Twilight...it's showtime."

Twilight and her friends then joined together in a circle. Closing their eyes and holding hooves together, an aura of purple, orange, pink, and blue colors began to surround them as they began floating up into the air. Prince Luna's four souls were marveled by the sight.

"Woah…" they all went. "This feeling...this isn't just a light show…that aura...it's..."

"We may not be THE Twilight Sparkle and friends…" Twilight and her friends said. "But inside each of us, we carry their wills. We gave up ourselves, our identities, to become them. Our calling in THIS world, our greater reason for being here, was to keep their wills alive. They live in us, just as your four live inside Gummy, Big Mac, Apple Bloom, and Spike. Your reason for being called here is because we've finished playing our parts as Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash...it's time for the torch to be passed on…"

"No way…" the four souls replied. "You want us to be…"

"Please…" Twilight and her friends. "...become the new Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash. We ask you not to do this for us. We want you to do it for you. You guys are not truly alive right now, so long as you are lingering in the bodies of others for yourselves and pretending that you're not dead, you have no life. If you guys want to live again...you have to be willing to die to yourselves. Try letting another linger inside of you...let them give you life...and then you might understand."

The four souls began to think all of this over as they let it sink in. They started to wonder...had they been...selfish in taking over the bodies of the ponies they had possessed, denying them a chance to live for their own sake? They all felt that they had the right to live...but was this the way to live?

"I feel like I've been…" Octavia/Gummy said. "...cold."

"I feel like I've gotten a big head…" Vinyl/Big Mac said.

"I feel like I've become a product of the machine…" Tree/Apple Bloom said.

"...And I…" Ken/Spike said, not shouting for once, and beginning to cry. "...I want to report real love to someone this evening…*sniff* *sob*"

The four souls knelt their heads. They realized it was time…

"We'll do it…" they told Twilight and her friends. "And we won't just do it for us...we'll do it for you guys and the ones who abide within you as well...we're ready to become selfless…"

In response, the aura surrounding Twilight and her friends left their bodies and wrapped itself around Prince Luna's four souls instead. It carried them up into the air, all of their eyes becoming bright-white and all of their mouths opening up to let out the ghosts of Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Tree Hugger, and Ken Tucke. The aura then carried over to the ghosts, and they traveled down towards Twilight and her friends. Octavia's spirit entered Twilight's body, Vinyl's spirit entered Pinkie's body, Tree's spirit entered Applejack's body, and Ken's spirit entered Rainbow's body. With that, the same thing that happened to the four souls happened to Twilight and her friends. Their eyes also became bright-white and their mouths were opened to release their spirits. It was then that Edward Miles held out his right front leg and created a large, white, swirling portal. He got a grin on his face as he watched Myra Michaels, Prince Luna, and the spirits of Twilight and friends all go towards it and enter it.

"Yeah…" he said. "Life's over now...so let's go all the way to the next world!"

After saying that, he too went into the portal, and it closed behind him. Now that he and all the others had left, only Princess Celestia, Luna's four souls, and the ones the four souls had possessed remained in the royal palace. Celestia looked upon Gummy, Apple Bloom, Big McIntosh, and Spike, all lying on the floor unconscious, with concern.

"Guards," she called to her soldiers, "please take these four victims home before they regain consciousness. I feel it's for the best they see and know as little about this as possible."

The guards obeyed their command and took the four possession victims out. After they did so, a blinding flash of light began to fill the palace, and the four souls completed their fusion with Twilight and her friends. The aura holding them up in the air brought them back down to the ground, and the four looked at themselves, admiring their new forms. This was a far different experience than simply possessing one's body...they felt like they had actually become polymerized with the minds and personalities of Twilight and her friends.

"I never thought I'd ever be an alligator and then an alicorn…" Octavia said, talking in Twilight's voice. "How quaint…"

"Yay!" Vinyl Scratch exclaimed in Pinkie's voice. "I don't have to be carried around in Pinkie's pocket anymore! That was such an interference to my work! The sounds I would make in there were all warped, too much interference! This calls for a wub party!"

"Yee-haw!" Tree Hugger cried in Applejack's voice. "I can communicate with apple trees on a whole new level now! I'm gonna turn barrels of soft apple cider into barrels of spirits!"

"This just in!" Ken Tucke exclaimed in Rainbow Dash's voice. "Local resident Applejack, apple farmer-turned hippy, is responsible for getting the masses drunk! It's not even time for our weather report, and I can already say that a dark cloud has hung over the Apple family's farm all day! That must be a headache! Tune in after commercial break for another awesomely exciting broadcast this evening!"

Celestia looked upon the four laughing and talking with each other, glad they had chosen this path. Though Celestia was happy for them, she couldn't help but feel...strange.

"This has to be as weird as it gets…" she told herself in her mind.

I'm afraid not…

Rarity spoke those words.

There's still one more surprise in store. Entering from stage left, feast your eyes on this!

Suddenly, a dark, swirling portal opened up on the left side of the room. Out from it jumped not the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna, but Princess Luna. Everypony turned to her in surprise.

"I have arrived…" Luna said, looking at Celestia. "...Jason."

"Woah…" Celestia replied in a stoner dude voice. "Who are you, man?"

Luna then looked at the four souls.

"You four…" she said. "There's still one more thing that has to be done…now that you are Twilight Sparkle and her friends, it's your job to give the light that was bestowed upon you...to the dark sky..."

On that night, the four souls sent the aura that had surrounded them, which represented the wills of Twilight Sparkle and her friends up to the sky. Princess Luna had only brought out a moon without glow and a starless sky that eve, but when the aura reached the night sky, the moon began to shine, and all of the stars in the sky became brighter than ever. Light came down from the stars and onto all of Equestria's citizens, and each of them felt the essence of Twilight and her friends...each of them felt a connection with ones whose times had long since passed…

Four new souls had been blessed with the light of the world...a light given to them by four young men from another...four young men who had been called Daniel Sofhard, who had been Applejack, Joseph Baker, who had been Pinkie Pie, Leon Hayst, who had been Rainbow Dash, and Raven Denouve, who had been Twilight Sparkle...

Four young men who were guided by a ninja…

Rarity spoke this.

A swordswoman formerly of the dark…

Discord spoke this.

And some crazy, crazy gods…

Rarity and Discord spoke this together.

End of Rarity and Discord's Ending.