• Published 6th May 2016
  • 1,287 Views, 11 Comments

Awakening Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



Fluttershy dies an unexplainable death and Twilight and her friends try to solve the mystery behind it.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,287

Prince Luna's Ending

Having lost the trial, Fluttershy returned to The Risen One's home, feeling miserable. Ninja Time God Rarity and Fantasy God Discord were there too, in the dining room eating some blueberry pancakes Prince Luna had left behind, and seeing her enter the house, greeted her.

"Hi Fluttershy!" Rarity exclaimed. "Great job in court today!"

"Did you enjoy the trial?" Discord asked. "You looked like you were having a blast in there!"

"Please guys…" Fluttershy pleaded as she slumped on the couch in her depression. "I know you're just trying to cheer me up, but I'm just not in the mood for hearing mean-spirited jokes right now…"

"Aww…" Discord said unhappily as he and Rarity frowned. "And I thought that would be the perfect way to make you feel better."

"We didn't mean to be so hard on you in court," said Rarity in an honestly sympathetic tone, "but we had to. It was our job, we were strictly ordered by The Risen One to keep you from finding the truth at all costs."

"I understand…" Fluttershy replied. "I'm not mad at you guys, I'm mad at myself. I failed to uncover the truth, and I'll never get another chance to do it again…"

"Wrong." Discord said, correcting her. "You're going to get unlimited chances to do it again. Have you forgotten, or do you simply underestimate the persistence of the Decision Makers? So long as there are Decision Makers who wish to know the truth, they will keep helping you find it. This is not the end by a long shot…"

It was then that Fluttershy got up and looked back at Discord.

"Thank you Discord…" she told him with sincere gratitude. "I love how I can always count on you and Rarity to help me and give me advice when I'm feeling down…"

"Hey," replied Discord, "with friends like us, who needs counselors?"

"Still," said Fluttershy, "there's one thing that's bothering me...where are my other friends, Twilight Sparkle and the pony gang?"

"Twilight's friends were actually in the audience watching the trial," replied Rarity as she put her hoof up to her smiling mouth, "you should've seen their reactions to the stuff that was going on. Twilight and them are gone now though. They said that after what they had witnessed in court, they just wanted to be alone at home for awhile. So we decided to do them a favor and teleported them back to the Mortal World."

"They've worked things out with the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna, who's back in the Mortal World now as well." Discord explained. "She's promised them that she's not going to be going around killing others before their times have come and trying to make everyone one with her through violent means anymore. She even promised to try and make it up to them, along with everyone else she hurt."

"Wow," remarked Fluttershy in surprise, "that all happened...pretty damn fast."

"Time powers, baby." Rarity said as she put on her ninja sunglasses.

"So, um...yeah." Fluttershy said in a tone of uncertainty. "I don't really know what else to say at this point. I guess I'd like to see how my friends are doing."

"You know," responded Rarity, "I was hoping you would say that. This is exactly how we wanted to wrap this particular ending of this supernatural fantasy romantic horror comedy play up."

Discord snapped his fingers to make his and Rarity's book appear. He turned to a page with the words, "Prince Luna's Ending", written at the top of it.

"Now then," said Discord with a slick grin, "let's see how this ending shall end for Twilight Sparkle and friends…"

Back in the Mortal World…

Twilight Sparkle and company walked through the Mortal World on their way to Princess Celestia's castle, to report back to her about their mission. Much had changed since they had last left. Everywhere they looked, they saw mechanical buildings with demonic symbols on them, fire that surrounded these buildings, yet did not melt the metal. The ground they were treading was no longer made of dirt, but steel-refined coals. The sky above them was completely dark, with no sign of the moon or any stars shining in it. The only thing lighting the way in the sky was a giant, glowing light surrounding the tower of Starcatch… The sight that concerned the group the most, however, was the townsfolk. Every single pony they saw on their way to Celestia's castle was either a demon or a robot. Any attempt to speak with the demonic and robotic ponies only yielded the following response…

"When our ruler takes her throne and brings alive the Dark Sky, we shall come awake…"

Inside Princess Celestia's castle, Princess Celestia was on her throne, sobbing. Tears rolled down her eyes as Twilight Sparkle entered the throne room with her friends and Prince Luna by her side. Seeing Celestia in this melancholic state, Twilight and company became concerned and sympathetic for her.

"Princess Celestia…" Twilight said in a comforting tone as she and the others approached her. "What's wrong?"

"T-Twilight?" Celestia asked she wiped the tears from her eyes and looked at her. "Y-you've returned. I'm very glad to see that you're all safe. But...where's Maud Pie?"

"Maud Pie is fine," replied Twilight, "but she's not here at the moment. She's, um...busy on a mission."

Celestia sighed in response to Twilight's half-truth.

"You need not cover anything up," said Celestia, "Princess Twilight. I knew from the start that Maud was a god from the Immortal World."

"!" Twilight and her friends went.

"Not just that either…" Celestia continued. "I've also always known about who my sister really is, that the chaotic aura of her and Maud was what was causing all the chaos in the land, and even about the plan of The Risen One and her two lackeys, Ninja Time God Rarity and Fantasy God Discord."

"WHAT?!" Twilight shouted angrily. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"Now I understand why he hates answering questions…" Celestia said to herself. "Princess Twilight, I mean no rudeness, but just think for a moment. If I didn't tell you, and you trust me wholeheartedly, shouldn't your first assumption be that I had a very good reason not to tell you?"

"..." Twilight paused as she thought about what she had just heard.

"You're right…" she answered. "You've changed, Princess Celestia. I thought for sure you'd immediately respond to my outburst by explaining that the reason you didn't tell us was because of pressure from Rarity and Discord's men. Myra Michaels and Edward Miles told you that doing anything to interfere with The Risen One's plan to make everyone in the world immortal would lead to the death of everybody in the world. The Goddess of Death, Prince Luna would've killed everyone in her plan to make everyone one with her had she not been dispatched...is that what you were told?"

It was then that the room fell silent as nobody could believe what Twilight just said.

"What in the…" Celestia thought. "I thought I was…"

"I'm afraid to tell you that that was a lie…" Twilight told Celestia. "Prince Luna never planned to kill everybody, she only seeks to bond with all in death at the end of time. I know this because I am also one of Rarity and Discord's men. Please forgive Myra and Edward, they did not enjoy deceiving you, but it was...an essential sin they had to commit. An essential sin that I am also guilty of committing on a much greater scale…"

Everyone in the room besides Twilight became very worried as Twilight walked over to a window on the right side of the throne room, smiling sinisterly as she looked out of it. Seeing demon ponies and robot ponies walking and flying around outside, she said…

"Do you all wonder where these demons and robots came from? They were sent here by me. I wrote for them to come here in my book. The book you guys read back at Jelly Rockets was just a replica. Everything I've written in the real book has been written pre-emptively. I wrote myself to not only have ties to the underworld, but also to have a large involvement in the technological revolution. It was I who brought demon powers to this world, and it was I who created Starcatch using the powers of my book. It is because of me that every pony in this land now is either an immortal devil or an indestructible machine. I am the mother of both a demon daughter and a robot son. I made them that way after they were born to me, and now I have made the Mortal World, the home of all my other children, that way…a world of no death or decay...a world that lives FOREVER!"

Twilight then turned around and looked at everyone in the throne room.

"When I lost Fluttershy…" she told them as her eyes dotted to the right. "I became a fool. I believed that my friendship was lost. Dead forever. Lost to an infinite void of nothingness. But then I was given a chance to see her live again. All I had to do in exchange was give everyone a chance to live again. The divine request of a true god, no doubt! I died to myself so that this entire world could live again and unite with the one immortal in perfect harmony! Can any of you stand before me in good conscious and proclaim that what I did was WRONG?!"

None of them stood before her. None of them had even made a sound since she had started talking.

"I'll take that as a no...huh huh." Twilight said, still grinning. "You guys have been awfully quiet for a while though. Is something the matter?"

Twilight's friends were still nervous, and swallowed spit. However, they eventually plucked up the courage to tell Twilight what they wanted to say.

"Twilight…" Applejack said. "If you want us to be honest, we saw something like this coming."

"Oh really?" an unphased Twilight responded.

"Yeah," said Rainbow Dash, "not on this scale, of course, but we knew you were up to something. That's why we tried to get you to tell us the truth. We had a feeling that there was something much greater going on, some kind of ultimate reason for you to do this. It had to be for the greater good."

"So…" Twilight replied. "You trusted not the authenticity of my words, but the purity of my motives. Just as I expected from my dearest friends. I suppose your next course of action will be to make a speech about how you understand me, but don't condone what I've done. Please spare me such a lecture, you know it's for naught."

"We don't want to lecture you, Twilight." Pinkie Pie told her. "What's done is done. We couldn't stop you, so please, let us join you. As your friends, we'll do everything in our power to help guide you back on the right path…"

"So you wish to be my subordinates?" Twilight asked. "That's a wish I'm willing to grant any day. Once I take the throne, I'll make you three executives of the Supernatural Technology Board. I'll even give Celestia a good spot as the chairman if she renounces her title as the goddess of this land quietly."

Celestia gave Twilight a crestfallen stare before saying…

"Twilight, take my throne. I care not for it any longer. I don't deserve to be called a princess after I failed to protect my subjects, my sister, and even you, my most faithful student, from the madness of the Dark Sky…"

"Oh no," replied Twilight, "you may still call yourself a princess. Just not a goddess. Though you may not believe yourself to be one, there are many under the misconception that you are a goddess simply because you are immortal. That is false on both accounts. You are not a goddess, and you are not immortal either. The real Princess Celestia died, and you are merely a human being made to act as her replacement."

"What?!" Celestia yelled.

"Why does it surprise you?" an amused Twilight asked. "Acting as the replacements of the citizens of Equestria is the divine purpose of all life in the Dark Sky World of Rising. Dying to our human selves so that dead ponies may live again for eternity. It's such a beautiful cause, isn't it? However, now that our purpose has been fulfilled, there is no more need for us to die…"

Twilight then turned to the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna and gave her the most evil of smirks as she said…

"And thus, no more need for death."

Question #6: Did Twilight befriend the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna in her dream?

Yes

No

No

Prince Luna began to back away as Twilight started stepping closer to her…

"What are you going to do to me?" Luna asked fearfully.

"Why," replied Twilight as she used magic to make her real book and ink-dipped quill appear, "I'm going to set you free of course. I wrote for myself to write this...weird, huh?"

"Set me free?" Luna asked as she saw Twilight writing in her book. "What do you mean by that? What are you writing?"

"Luna," said Twilight, "didn't you once say that is was your ultimate goal to become one with everyone?"

"Y-yes?" Luna answered.

"Since you're the Goddess of Death," continued Twilight, "and the way you become one with someone is through killing them, it would be completely impossible to achieve your goal in a world where all are immortal. Wandering this world with nothing to do for all eternity...such a cruel fate that I will not have you endure. Instead, I'll accomplish your goal for you and have you become one with everyone...through living with them."

"?!" Luna went as she saw Twilight finish writing in her book. "Have you written what I think you've written?!"

Twilight then showed Luna what she had written…

Yes

Prince Luna closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she said…

"I'm ready to face my ultimate destiny, my dear friend."

Twilight was smiling as she cast a spell that made the real book and ink-dipped quill appear, and began writing in her book.

"I wrote for myself to write this…" she said. "...because I wanted to be with my friend as I wrote her ultimate fate."

Luna looked at Twilight, knowing what she was writing, and said…

"Thank you for being my friend, even after all that I had done."

"Oh ho," chuckled Twilight, "Luna. You say that like this is going to be the end. This is not even close to the end. One cliche that I actually like is saying that the end is just the beginning of a new adventure...but even in that regard, I can hardly call this the end. This is what I call a step in a new direction…"

Upon saying that, Twilight finished writing and showed Luna what she had written in the book...

Prince Luna splits apart, freeing all the souls from two hundred years ago that compose her body for good. The souls then become the stars in the sky, and Luna's soul then fuses with the moon. They become the dark sky and bring a light to all of the Mortal World's citizens, forever establishing an unbreakable bond between the living and the dead.

And so, it happened just as it was written. Luna disappeared, only leaving the souls that made up her body behind her. The moon in the sky brightened up and became visible, and every soul that made up Luna's body became a star in the sky. The moon and the stars then illuminated a bright, white light that all of the ponies in the Mortal World felt.

"This light…" they said. "This is the essence of the ones we had to become...the purpose of our creation was to live as them…"

Now that the prophecy has been fulfilled, a new path of light has been opened for all to take…

Back in the Risen One's home…

Rarity, Discord, and Fluttershy finished reading this ending of the story. They were all quite pleased with how everything turned out.

"Hmm," said Rarity, "that was satisfying."

"It could've used a slight bit more oomph though." Discord remarked. "Nonetheless, it was fine."

"Thanks for showing me that you guys," said Fluttershy, "I feel way better now. Still, I can't shake the feeling that a lot has been left unfinished…"

"That's true," responded Rarity, "but not as much as you may think…"

"Would you like to take a look at the Immortal World now?" Discord offered with a devious grin on his face.

He then snapped his fingers, and he, Rarity, and Fluttershy were teleported to the Immortal World. Even though they were inside Jelly Rockets, citizens of the Mortal World were there too…

"No way…" Fluttershy said.

She then got a huge smile of joy on her face.

"Our worlds…" Fluttershy said happily. "They've been brought back together…sort of..."

End of Prince Luna's Ending

Congratulations readers, your decisions have awakened the Dark Sky and brought an end to the tragedy of death in Equestria! But do you feel there's more to this story to be told? Try making different decisions next time if you want to see a different ending, and if the riddle is still puzzling you, here is the final clue…

Fluttershy 2 a3 4 5 a Hawaiian6

Farewell for now!