• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,260 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,260

The Second Sun


I DO NOT OWN My Little Pony Friendship is Magic All Rights go to Hasbro
I DO NOT OWN Super Mario Bros all rights go to Nintendo

"So, how long can you do that?" inquired Rainbow Dash. She was trotting next to Mario who was walking down the road on his hands.

"Don't know." Mario replied. "Until I need to sleep."

Luigi was on the side of the road jumping from tree to tree. "And what are you guys doing?" Applejack continued the line of questions.

"It helps keep us sharp." Luigi replied as he long jumped across the gap and swung on a large tree limb.

Mario front flipped, landing back on his hands fluidly. "Darling, how did you get so good at your gymnastics?" Rarity asked the red capped plumber.

"Luigi, where did we learn our stuff?" Mario raised one hand and started bouncing down the road.
Luigi scuttled down from the trees before bouncing right back up. "Don't know, I guess as kids we just started."

"So, ya'll are naturals then? Impressive." Applejack stated calmly.

"If you want we can stop and eat." Mario grunted as he bounced down the road.

"The nearest town is still five miles away where would we eat." Sunset Shimmer said as she lifted a rock with her magic.

"Don't you eat grass?" Luigi questioned as he dropped onto the road with a skip to his step.

"Wait, what, no!" The unicorn pony exclaimed. "I don't know about ponies from your world, but here in Equestria ponies eat mostly grains, fruits, and vegetables with some small meats like rabbits. In times of recession, however, you're correct ponies have eaten grass. But there just aren’t enough nutrients, especially with the strain magic puts on my own and Rarity's bodies, and Fluttershy and Rainbow's wings put a heavy strain on their bodies also. Maybe Pinkie and AJ, but even they need the nutrients to help give them their ground pony agricultural talents." Sunset lectured the plumber. "Doesn't even matter though, we might as well eat grass since we have no bits."

"Bits?" Sunset’s seven companions looked at her questioningly.

"Oh, right. Bits are Equestrian currency. They're about quarter sized." The plumbers looked at her. "About this size." A tiny flame about the size of a thumb hovered in front of the plumbers. "Made of gold."

The plumbers grinned at each other. "Can we get these converted to bits?" They pulled out a large golden disk. Sunset’s jaw dropped. The other five pony-humans matched her expression. It was easily the size of her hoof.

"Do you know how much that’s worth!?" The six ponies screamed at the two. "You could buy a family a home!"

"So, it's worth a lot?" The bros looked confused.

"Where did you get that gold!?"

"Sometimes when Luigi and I helped people they give us coins as gifts. We try not to accept too much, but when they insist we try not to be rude and take it." Mario explained easily.

"Ok, we'll have no problem finding a place to stay and get some food."

7 HOURS LATER

The group had finished their trek, just as the moon was peaking over the horizon and made their way to the local inn. Sunset half laughed at the owner’s expression to the massive golden disk they paid with. The brothers had fallen asleep as soon as they hit their bed.

But the humans turned into mares were still wide awake. "Ah man look at that mane, pure awesome." Rainbow Dash preened herself. Her wings popped open. "I'm going to get up early tomorrow and learn how to use these babies." She vowed.

"Yes, I must say I'm all for the human look, but I still look just as stunning." Rarity fluttered her eyes at herself in the mirror.

"Yep, this is pretty neat. Got to thank Pinkie for this little adventure." Applejack claimed as she twitched her tail to the right.

"AJ no!"

"What’s wrong Sunset?"

"Exposing your self is extremely rude!" AJs face went deep red at the statement. "Oh, and don't ever flick your tail across a stallions nose. That's pretty much the pony equivalent of dropping your pants." All five girls nodded I agreement.

Fluttershy blushed, her flowing mane getting in her face. "Wow, the pony, Fluttershy, is very pretty."

"You're very pretty, sugarcube." AJ gently rubbed against her side.

"What's this?" Pinkie was digging through her mane.

"What is it, darling?" Rarity asked.

With a grunt Pinkie dropped a cannon in front of her hooves. "Where did..." Her body practically vibrated with twitches. "Wow that's a...a...a doozy!"

THE NEXT MORNING

Sunset was sitting in front of a lake, flames dancing around her. "Getting back my old skills."
Mario walked up clapping "Impressive."

"Not as good as I wanted to be." Sunset grumbled. "But I guess that makes sense, I've spent the last four years without magic."

"Me and my bro are going to rest here for a couple days." Mario told the young mare.

"Why?" Sunset asked.

"We're recovering from our fight and we have some time before Bowser makes his next move. We still don't know where he will attack." Mario explained his line of thought. "You should get you friends out here to practice."

CANTERLOT TWO DAYS LATER

It was a bright sunny day. In the centre of a city sat a massive fifty story pure white castle. In the throne room of the castle sat a massive white mare. She was easily four times as large as the average pony. Her mane and tail was a multicolour rainbow’s of pink, greens, and blue, with ghostly sparkles floating through her it. She had large pure white wings, golden shoes, a necklace with a purple gem, and a crown with a purple gem. In the centre of her head was a long horn. On her flank was a bright yellow sun.

Sitting beside her was a smaller alicorn. The mare was dark blue with an almost liquid mane and tail, which was a slightly lighter blue with almost star-like flecks flowing through her mane. She had a pitch black necklace with a crescent moon and a black crown. On her flank was a black patch with a crescent moon.

Sitting on the wall were six much smaller mares. The alicorn in the group was a two toned purple colour. She had a light purple body, wings, and horn. Her mane and tail was dark purple with a pink streak. On her flank was a pink star surrounded by five white stars.

Sitting on her right was a baby blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail. On her flank was a cloud with a rainbow coloured lightning bolt coming from it.

To her left was a pink pony. She has a puffy dark pink mane and tail and her body was a cotton candy pink. On her flank were two blue balloons and a yellow one in the center of the two.
On the purple alicon’s left was a white unicorn mare with a dark purple curled mane and tail. She had three light-blue diamonds on her flank.

Another was a pale-yellow colour Pegasus with a pink mane and tail. On her flank were three pink and blue butterflies.

Lastly was orange pony. She had a blonde mane and tail with a red ribbon binding her mane and tail into a ponytail. On her flank were three red apples and atop her head was a dark brown Stetson.
Standing in the center of the throne room was plain brown pony with a set of silver armor plates on. "What news do you have on the Crystal Empire?"

"The relief efforts are going well. But the crystal ponies lack of support is, well, disheartening."

"Why aren't they helping out?" The Rainbow mane Pegasus asked.

"Ninety percent of their city was destroyed, many have died, and their princess was beaten."

"Cadance is she...is she ok?" The purple alicorn cut in.

"Princess Twilight," He bowed. "I know she's your sister in law..."

"Is she ok?" Twilight urged the stallion forward.

"She's alive."

"Is she ok?" Twilight asked urgently.

"She's been sealed in a crystal.” The stallion took a step away from the alicorn.

"Why haven't you broken her out!?" Twilight got into the stallions face.

"We've been trying mam, but the crystal is not normal. Our team working on it, they say that the crystal is almost pure crystallized magic."

The large white mare stood up. "Twilight that's enough."

Twilight backpedaled quickly. "Yes, Princess Celestia."

"Keep going, Golden Pride."

"Shining Armor has been a help though."

"The Crystal Heart, have you located it?"

Golden Pride took a deep breath. "The Crystal Heart was stolen."

The ground beneath Celestia's front left hoof cracked. "What?"

"The Bowser, he was able to overpower Princess Cadance and steal the Crystal Heart."

"Bowser?" The dark blue princess raised an eyebrow.

"That's what the creature called himself."

"Bowser, continue."

"Yes, Princess Luna." Golden Pride sighed. "Before the second assault though, that's where things got strange."

"Strange like a giant fire breathing turtle?" The Rainbow mane Pegasus joked sarcastically.

"According the multiple eye witnesses, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy came to the empire to help the relief efforts."

"Wait...What, none of my friends where anywhere near the Crystal Empire." Twilight stood up.

"Yeah we were in Ponyville during the second assault." Rainbow Dash jumped in.

"We know. According to eye witnesses "you" weren't being lead by Princess Twilight Sparkle, but rather a yellow unicorn mare, with a red and yellow mane and tail and a-..."

Celestia looked down at the stallion. "Continue."

"The unicorn mare, she had a cutie mark...it was a shaped like a...a...a sun."

Celestia's heart stopped. "Sunset Shimmer." She gasped.

"Sister." Luna's wing gently touched her older sister.

"Princess Celestia." Twilight walked towards her former teacher. "Sunset Shimmer...it’s been years and the portal was closed before the second assault. It can’t be her."

"It was Sunset Shimmer." The Soldier flinched away from Celestia.

"How sure you are of that!?" All three princesses snapped at him.

"Prince Shining Armor, mam. He confirmed that it was her. But he was too busy with the relief effort to capture her."

"Where is she now?" Celestia asked in false voice, but Twilight and Luna could hear a warble of hidden emotion in her voice.

"With all due respect, I know she was your student. But shouldn't we be focused on the Crystal Empire relief effort and finding the lost Crystal Heart."

Celestia stood at her full height, her purple eyes hard. "Tell me Golden Pride, do you happen to know why I took her in as my student?" Celestia was getting slightly worse at hiding the deep pain that ached in her heart.

"I always assumed she did something spectacular at her test for the Gifted Unicorn School." He stuttered.

"So you heard of Twilight Sparkle’s story and just assumed all my students were found in the same way?" The stallion nodded, pure terror clenching him. "Do you happen to know what her nickname was before it was the Fallen Sun?"

"The Second Sun."

"Have you ever wondered why?"

"Well, you both have sun shaped cutie marks, and in her days as your student people said she was your daughter hidden from view until her accession."

"I admit I love her very deeply."

"Love as in…"

"Yes, I still love her. You can only do so much to grow indifferent when you watch a filly grow into a young mare who made you so proud in so many ways. Yes, overall she failed, but even so I still loved her." A tear streamed down her cheek. "Back when I found her we were in a time of war. A shadow beast was using my weaker control over the night as her time to attack Equestria. No night was safe.
"Our forces where mounting effective defenses though. The Shadow Queen seeing her time was coming to a close. She poisoned me, however she didn't take into our account my stronger than average immunity to most forms of poisons and sicknesses." She looked around the room, every single pony were rapture in her story. "However, she did achieve one thing; she sufficiently weakened me enough that I could not raise the sun. So there we were; I could defend myself, but my troops couldn't. That's when I saw her; a little filly, small for her age and blank flank, one of my precious little ponies face to face with the Shadow Queen with no fear in her eyes. I had only one option to save her. You see, I do not just manipulate the sun; I am the sun." As if to prove a point her horn flashed in a pure white light. "The Shadow Queen, she underestimated me. With all the strength I could muster up I erupted pure sunlight from deep within my veins, destroying all the shadows and I severely weakened their queen, causing her to flee. But there I lay, no strength left, the sun still behind the horizon. That's when I noticed her; the little blank flank filly looking at me. Her eyes shimmering with an understanding that went far beyond her age.
And then she did it..."

"Did what sister?" Luna asked quietly.

"She raised the sun."

"No, that's impossible; no filly should be able to raise the sun! It took entire squads of master unicorns to raise the sun before you princess!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Now, now, my little pony is anything truly impossible? Before you it was impossible for a filly to hatch a dragon and then rapidly age it." Celestia replied with the same serene grace she normally carried herself with. "So tell me, do you want an angry, motivated, and arguably the most powerful unicorn on the planet aligning herself with a creature with the strength to destroy one of our most powerful cities and then disappear without a trace?"

"No mam."

"Find her then bring her directly to me." Celestia ordered. "Anything else?"

"Well, Prince Shining Armor, mam. Before the attack, Shining Armor, he says there was two strange bipeds. Brothers, the older one was a shorter pale skinned male with a neatly trimmed moustache. He wears a red shirt and hat with blue overalls, and the hat has an ‘M’ in front of it. And his younger, brother very similar except her wore green, and hat an ‘L’ on it. They are called Mario and Luigi and are coming to Canterlot."

"So, this Mario and Luigi are coming, why is this important?" Applejack questioned.

"They were able to fight off some of the Bowser’s generals in combat."

Celestia sighed. "Ok, that will be all."

THREE DAYS LATER

Mario and Luigi watched the group. Rainbow Dash probably made the biggest improvements doing high speed twists and turns. Sunset had hoped Rarity gain control over her magic. Now the white unicorn was floating stones around her. As for Applejack, it was learning how powerful her hindlegs were.

Fluttershy, however, had not even attempted to master her pony body. Instead she was extremely happy just speaking with the animals. "Oooh, that's very interesting Mr. Squirrel." She said giddily.

"We are ready to go, bro?" Luigi asked.

"Yep." Mario nodded his head proudly. "They can defend themselves now."

"To Canterlot!" Mario proclaimed.

??????????????????????????????????
The Koopa King was sitting in his throne. His deep rumbling breathes scaring one of his soldiers. "Dad." Bowser Jr. was nursing his injuries from his fight with Luigi.

"Jr., how goes the search?" Bowser greeted.

"Well, dad, I hate to say it but they have disappeared.” Jr. explained calmly.

"Nothing can disappear, find them!" Bowser roared in his sons face. "And Tartarus!"

"Dad, it's a horrible idea to go and release the entirety of Equestria’s War Criminals." Jr. argued.

"Do you think me as a fool?"

"No, dad, of course not!"

"Good. If you must know, Jr., in their capitol city there's a book; a book of Tartarus."

Jr. grinned up at his dad. "And it will tell us everything about the criminals before we release it."

"Exactly!" Bowser clapped his son on the back proudly.

"But what about the Princess of the Sun, she sounds super powerful." Jr. asked worriedly.

Suddenly, the Crystal Heart started glowing. "We deal with her; Mario is the one I worry about. The Heart is not powerful enough." Bowser growled hatefully.

"Actually, dad, I might have a plan. We might just try out some of the new recruits." Jr. stated with a glint in his eyes.

"Which ones?"

"The sirens." Jr. replied.

"And they can beat Mario?"

"Who said anything about beating Mario?" Jr. retorted smoothly. Bowser clenched his fist in anticipation. "They'll weaponize him!"

Author's Note:

Sunsets back story is based heavily off Equestria's Second Sun By Alex Warlorn

Link

story/210573/pony-pov-series-sunset-shimmers-cutie-mark#comment/5071214

SHINING ARMOUR DOES NOT TRUST SUNSET SHIMMER. So didn't defend her for the Canterlot relief squads.