• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,259 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,259

Mario Bros vs ????

DISCLAIMER
I DO NOT OWN My Little Pony Friendship is Magic All Rights go to Hasbro
I DO NOT OWN Super Mario Bros all rights go to Nintendo


"We need to stop my friends before they try and storm Canterlot Castle!" Sunset started towards the door when a pegasi suddenly shot through the window of the throne and landed in a heap in front of Princess Celestia.

"Princess, the Mario and Luigi, they're attacking!"

"Go spread the word; they are not to be intercepted and open all the castle doors leading here." Celestia commanded instantly.

"Yes, Princess." He bowed before shooting out of the castle.

"Sunset Shimmer, go find your human friends." Celestia then added as an afterthought. "Twilight, you stay, but the rest of you spread out and find them." Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy nodded and proceeded to leave.

M & L

The two bros smashed face first into the ground, groaning loudly as they got to their feet. "Oh stop, that fall wouldn't even faze Super Mario and Luigi." The bros turned to look at the voice and we're met with the strangest creature they've ever saw. He had no uniformity and looked like a Frankenstein monster. It had an amphibian tail, a brown fur body with an almost a dragon like head but with a horse like fur. Each limb clearly came from separate animals with one of its wings being bat-like and the other being bird-like. He has a hoof and a claw for feet and a large paw and a bird talon for hands. Suddenly it started giggling like a school girl. "Mario and Luigi, I played all your games!" Abruptly the bros were surrounded by boxes, most of which depicted Mario and some with Luigi.

"Super Mario Galaxy 3?" Mario was about to flip it to the back cover when suddenly all the games disappeared in a flash.

"Spoilers." The creature whispered in Mario's ear, causing the red cap to jump back. The creature had a large black wig on his head now.

"What are you?" Mario frowned as the creature shot into the air with a twist.

Suddenly fireworks exploded around him as he yelled. "God of Chaos..." The ground then became chocolate, "Mischief maker" Suddenly, a doll popped into existence, "and resident good guy" He looked down expecting a medal, but came eye to eye with a Celestia stuffed animal. "Oops!" It disappeared in a golden flash. "Discord~!" He finished with a singsong tune.

"Please, we don't want to fight you." Mario noticed how the surrounding ponies where starting to step back, even soldiers were giving the three a wide berth. 'He's scaring them', Mario guessed. 'Why?', "So step aside." Mario pulled a large hammer from behind his back.

Luigi mimicked his movement as Discord snapped a single long pin into existence. "I don’t like to fight, I prefer pranking." A long dark purple mane flowed down his back. "But I'll rip you to-" The purple mane disappeared. "Doesn't really suit me does it?" His talon shot forward wielding the pin like a rapier. "Hey listen!" A tiny Discord screamed in Mario’s and Luigi's ears. "Just let me take you to Tia personally and..." Mario shot straight at the God of Chaos, swinging his hammer high above his head as he jumped into the air flying straight at Discord.

POP

Discord’s needle dug into the head of the hammer popping it like a balloon. **i]Snap/i] Suddenly, the ground beneath Mario and Discord became a crystal clear pool. Mario hit the water with a loud splash. As soon as the plumber’s head was above the water he heard a snap.
"Oh no!" Mario grumbled as he was encased in solid stone.

Discord snapped his finger levitating the cube of stone Mario was trapped in above his head. "Now Luigi…" Discord stated.

Discord’s head was suddenly thrown from his body. Luigi grinned as he rolled away from the headless chaotic being. "Luigi's gotcha!"
The head of Discord rolled straight back into his own feet. "Be careful-" Discord’s body grabbed his own head into his waiting appendages. "OUCH! I said be careful!" He snapped irately at himself before he readjusted his head.

Luigi smashed the stone with his hammer freeing Mario from his prison. "We gotta’ work together, this guys magic...it's off...it's not like the magic Sunset taught Rarity." Luigi summarized. Mario shook his head no. The older brother had noticed at least three ponies who were trapped within the stone streets.

Discord floated lazily on standby. "Shall we continue?"

Mario looked around; terrified ponies lined the streets. "We can't fight here." Discord glanced at his surroundings noticing the situation as Mario.

"Too many bystanders…" Discord frowned. He was not much of a fighter, but he had always felt like he lived in a world of cardboard. 'Literally, if I wanted it to be', Discord thought to himself bitterly. No one on the planet could match him, not even Celestia herself. But these two could, these two might even be able to push him back and that thought drove his inner animal wild, but then his mind went to the two mares, 'Celestia and Fluttershy'. After the incident with Tirek, Discord never wanted to see the look of disappointment in their eyes ever again. If he fought and hurt the bystanders he knew they would be disappointed. With a snap all the ponies in the stone ground were teleported out of their prison. "I agree," Discord dropped from his normal hover and landed on the ground softly, "what are we going to do?"

"Luigi, we've got to go with this guy." Mario stated calmly.

Luigi slowly placed his hammer back into his pocket. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." Mario replied calmly raising his hands.

"Ok, bro."

Discord sighed. "Let’s go." With a snap of his talons the three disappeared.

SUNSET SHIMMER

Sunset walked down the street quickly. 'Find the others! Mother, Twilight, and Luna will...deal with Mario and Luigi'. She was trotting through the street when out of the crowd came an orange blur at full gallop.

Bang
Crash

The two mares rolled back to their haunches. "…AJ." Sunset groaned.

"I kissed Caramel…" The blonde human turned earth pony muttered.

"You what!?"

"There was this, this stallion that came up and kissed me, the other Applejack’s fiancé!"

"Caramel?"

"Caramel!" AppleJack confirmed.

DISCORD

"Princess!" Discord did with a bow. "I come bearing gifts!"

Celestia frowned at the Chaos God. "We're waiting for someone Discord."

"Oh, oh, who?" Discord bounced from foot to foot, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"You know who." Celestia growled.

"Oh, you mean..." Discord flourished his paw, as Mario and Luigi appeared in the center of the throne room, "I present to you, Mario! …and Luigi!"

Princess Celestia shot up. "Mario and Luigi…"

The two stumbled to their feet. "Oh, Mama that’s weird." Luigi fell down onto his back with a loud groan.

Mario looked up; the sight took his breath away. The Alicorn was massive, easily five times as large as the rest of his pony companions. She was pure white and almost engulfed him with the amount of magic she carried, which was easily as much as a Grand Star. Her mane and tail shimmered in a rainbow of light pink, baby blue, and green colour that shimmered with stars like speckles. While she may not look or even act like her, Mario's mind went to a single person he had met; "Rosalina."

Celestia’s eyebrow arched up. "The guardian of the Cosmos?"

"You've met her?" Luigi looked up at the hulking mare.

"No, Mr. Luigi, we are equivalents. When I took the mantle of the sun and moon something shifted. I could see beyond the stars; I could see a blonde goddess of wisdom, a man named the watcher, and even an echidna who befriends chaos. She’s my sister guardian, one and all."

"Rosalina?" Mario looked up in awe, this universes guardian who looked down kindly at him.

"Yes. She warned me that one day her warriors, her star children, would come…" She lifted the two up with her magic, and almost immediately, eight Grand Stars appeared and danced around the room. They bounced off Luna and Twilight, the stars giggling. "…that when they came, they might not be enough." She flipped the two plumbers over towards her and gently prodded them with her horn. 'What is it? Why these two? They don't have much magic. They don't seem all that impressive. No! Rosalina chose them; she marked them as her warriors! I would hope, even if my little ponies don't impress her, she would trust my judgment'. She cast a glance back at Twilight. ‘Would Twilight, Sunset, and their friends be able to stop Bowser? Would these brothers be the catalyst necessary?’ She thought some more as she placed her hoof gently on her temple. "Can I ask you something, Super Mario?"

Mario placed a hand on her hoof. "I’ll try my best to answer it." He replied.

"Do you believe in my little ponies?"

Mario thought for a second. "I believe that your ponies are great!" Mario exclaimed happily. "They can do great things." Twilight watched the strange human comfort her mentor. "Yep, great things."

"And what of Bowser?"

"I'll beat him and then we'll go home!" Mario explained to Celestia with complete and utter confidence. "Sunset..." Mario took two steps back. "Where is Sunset Shimmer?" He glared at Celestia.

"She went to go get her friends." The sun princess answered as Twilight took her chance to get in close to prod Luigi gently. "They'll come back soon enough." Celestia finished and looked over towards Twilight. "What is it Twilight?"

"Oh, nothing, I just find these two fascinating. I mean, they look harmless, pudgy, short, and have almost a childlike aura. But these two tossed Bowser into a sun and went inside a black hole." She jabbed at Luigi's armpit. "Muscles as hard as metal…" She jabbed Luigi's slightly chubby belly. "I'm sorry, Mr. Luigi, it's just fascinating!"

A Light blush speckled Luigi's face as he bashfully kicked the ground. "What's fascinating?"

"Just seeing how magic manifest itself in other creatures." Luigi continued to blush as she prodded him. "Lightning based magic!" She giggled as she prodded his hands.

?UNKNOWN LOCATION?

A Griffon flew straight into Bowser’s gut, digging his claws into the rock-hard belly as he did. "Gwahaha!" Bowser’s right claw shot down and wrapped around the griffons neck. "You're getting better." He tossed the griffon across the room. He looked around his vicinity; a ruby red dragon laid unconscious, four unicorns where huddled together, five pegasus nursed small wounds, and ten earth ponies where scattered around him.

Bowser lumbered to his throne. "Wendy." He called. A small Koopa with a pink shell and white spikes was seated. Her large golden bracelets hung loosely around her wrists and on top of her dark yellow scale head was a large pink bow with white dots. On her feet she also wore small high heeled pink shoes. She was mustard yellow, except for her mouth and belly, which were a light yellow colour, and on her lips was pink lip stick.

"Dad." She looked upon him from his throne.

Bowser lifted her up. "Princess." He placed her on his lap as he dropped down with a room shaking with a loud boom. Bowser looked around at the injured equestrian recruits. "I have to say, these creatures are good for bolstering our forces, and some of them are better than our best." He looked down at Wendy. "How is our recruitment drives going?"

"Celestia has made many enemies," Wendy replied, "and her chosen warriors, the bearers of the elements, they've made just as many."
A thick glass window exploded and into the throne room shot a turquoise blur stopped right in front of Bowser’s jaw, giving him a good look at the interloper. She was Pegasus, with turquoise body, her mane and tail where a two toned amber, and light yellow mixture. Her dark amber eyes looked onto Bowser’s dark red eyes. "I heard you're looking for powerful ponies." She smirked at Bowser.

"And who are you little pony?!" He growled.

She suddenly shot out the broken window before rocketing back two seconds later, an apple spinning on her hoof. "Just the fastest flier in all of Equestria!"

Author's Note:

Writing Discord was a challenge!
Ok if you want to know what Celestia meant when she said equal. Basically Rosalina is the EQG counterpart to Celestia.
I think a perfect way to describe this is a quote from Bioshock.
There’s always a light house
There’s always a man
There's always a city
Does that mean each and every equal has the same name and personality? NO.
I'm taking the Bioshock anaology deeper right now. Technically Booker Dewitt/Comstock has a rapture counterpart. But said counterpart, is NOT the man in Liz's quote. The man is in fact Jack, a completely unrelated individual.
Mario and Luigi Power/Abilities
Many people may not know this, but Mario and Luigi (and quite a few other characters in the Mario franchise) are powerful figures. I'm saying this so those of you can understand why Discord understood how strong the bros are and how he felt.
Let’s put it this way, Super Mario is like Superman! He holds back everything from his strength to his speed in order to just injure, never kill (unless the characters non-sentient or purely evil). Mario, to his credit, is actually quite fast, reaching abnormally high-end sprinting speeds and have flexibilities to dodge sound waves. In Super Mario Galaxy 2 he fought the forces inside a black hole. Let’s not forget, he ripped a castle off its foundation in Super Mario World which BTW was pixel measured to be around 100, 000 tons. But most importantly, Mario’s feet, the strongest part of his body, destroyed a spaceship in space while under zero gravity in Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins.
This is not a rant, trying to point out an understanding.
Supah64th A/N:
Hi, I’m Supah64th, and I’m here as an editor and a proofreader for SECURE0777. So far all seven chapters have been worked through by me. So if there are any previous readers out there who may have a hard understanding the story, give it another go around if you wish. Everything should be shaped up.
As for the newcomers, please support this story for SEURE0777. So far it’s a pretty sweet read and up to a lot of expectations. I’m even enjoying it myself.
Thanks again, you all have a good one!