• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,261 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,261

Training

The day continues to roll on as the lives of the citizens of Canterlot reside themselves in temporary tent posts as dwellings outside the walls of their once peaceful city. Princess Celestia, with her sister out of commission and still recovering, took it upon herself to oversee the progression of rebuilding her city and organizing a handful of Royal Guards and specialized ponies to help with the process. The amount of destruction the invasion had brought upon was catastrophic, however, within time and with enough helping hands Canterlot shall be at least be livable again by the end of the day. Although, very aware of the power the Koopa King possesses and the known alliance with the Changeling Queen, Celestia recruited some of the guards as scoots and position them in areas around the mountain territory of Canterlot. Since Bowser came and took what he needed, with all hope, he shouldn’t have a reason to return anytime soon.

Out in the open field, a few distances away from the camping site, two figures brawl it out with one another; exchanging strikes after strikes and performing close call evasive maneuvers. Their sparring match came to an end when the equine was countered from a buck and was tossed aside by the slightly pudgy human.

Applejack landed on her back with a resounding thump. She laid stunned for a moment before opening her emerald eyes to the squatting blue eyed man sitting two feet in front of her. "You're getting better, Applejack." Mario stated simply, rubbing a bit of sweat off his brow.

"Couldn't tell…" Applejack huffed slightly as she patted her sore flank.

It’s been a few hours when the ponified teenage farmer confronted the Italian plumber and confessed she was having self-doubt on her strength and not being strong enough to help her friends. With little pep talk and testing out her capabilities, Mario saw some mark improvement. Unlike before Applejack has shown better control over her pony body and learning to properly harness her Earth Pony super strength. This will become helpful in the long run when the time has come to battle against Bowser and his forces once more. Applejack wants to be there for her friends, she’s no good to anyone if she suddenly lost control and will cause more damage and hurt the ones she wants to protect.

Mario grinned and petted the human turned pony on the head. "Well it's true." Mario pulled her back on her feet, the soreness in his body almost completely gone from yesterday’s intense battle. "One more time!"

Applejack gave a quick nod and straighten her Stetson hat before she pounce at the red plumber once more.

Elsewhere among the skies two rainbows streaked by, fading in and out every few seconds. Rainbow Dash effortlessly cut off her fast flying human counterpart, Dashie. "Still too slow!" She barked loudly as she zoomed onwards.

On ground level watching this affair was a small group of Pegasus soldiers. "I'm glad I ain't the one up there with the captain." A Pegasi whispered to his companion.

Early this morning, Dashie was practically forced by the Captain of the Royal Guards, Rainbow Dash, to get up and fly. Well, not entirely forced, more along the lines of a “challenge” to start fresh in the day for more flying lessons with the best Rainbow Dash. The end results led into training the amateur Dashie to unlock her more of her potential as a Pegasus. Dashie isn’t one for giving up, more in favouring more her arrogance to prove she’s the best at anything, refusing to admit that accepting this “challenge” by the far superior and expert flyer was more than she can chew. However, this has yet to daunt her spirits as she pushed her limits to keep trying.

The exhausted former ponified human glared at her counterpart. "I'll show you too slow…" She grumbled lowly. The cyan mare attempted to pick up speed, however, Rainbow suddenly disappeared. Dashie didn't have time to react when she felt a hoof smash in between her wings, sending the former human crashing head first into the ground. "Ow!" Dashie rubbed her temple after pulling her head out of the dirt ground. "Was that really needed?!" She yelled at the hovering Pegasi.

Rainbow grinned down at her. "Quit whining, I know what our bodies can handle." Dashie kicked off the ground and flew straight into the Pegasi leaving a thunderous shockwave that shook the forest below from her takeoff. "Good," Rainbow smirked, seeing the results of their training starting to show. She then turned her attention towards the group of Pegasus guards. "What are you waiting for, Cadets!" Rainbow casually knocked back Dashie before she can even land a blow. "Get up here, training day kiddies!" Instantly thirteen Pegasus took to the sky.

The thirteen Pegasus circled around Rainbow Dash in formation. "Ok," Rainbow looked at the group, "commit to the attack or she'll have our hides!"

"Right!" The group rang out. Dashie gulped. Maybe she did bite off a little than she can chew...

Around the camping grounds, many Ponies, Griffons, and Minotaurs tried to adjust with their temporary shelters and make use of what food and materials they have to continue through the day. Many young foals are at play making sure not to leave the premises and get in the way of construction. Others made use of their time to help support others for comfort and help those that are injured. Most of the remaining Royal Guards are posted around the large campsite as instructed by their princess. The civilians of Canterlot were more or less miserable, but they knew things will get better as long as they pull together and continue to aid one another.

In a particularly large tent remained vacant with the exception of two creatures; a pony and a grown dragon. The teenager Rarity finished scraping the dirty burnt scales off Spike’s back, revealing the gleaming purple scales beneath. "You want to hear something interesting?" Rarity jumped at the all too familiar voice.

"Spikey?!" She gasped loudly, jumping into a hug.

She felt the dragon suck in deeply. "Where's my Rare?" He asked weakly.

"She's helping other ponies, setting up a food and tents I think." Rarity replied to the dragon savior she barely knew. "We had to pry her away from your bed." She added instantly.

"How did you know to scrape the damaged scales away?" He asked, sitting up and spreading out his large wings.

Rarity fell back, only now truly grasping the size difference between the dragon and herself. "Rarity…she was doing it pretty much since the morning after you was brought in…" She explained taking a couple steps back.

"I see…" Spike looked down at his marefriend’s human counterpart.

"I figured when she left I would help her out and scrape some of the scales off…" She told Spike quietly.

She backed off quickly as Spike slunk towards her, his eyes shimmering. 'Fight or flight', her body began twitching as the dragon got closer to her. "Get back!" Her horn exploded with shimmering blue energy.

With a quickness that shocked the young ponified women, Spike pounced. In a blur of blue energy and purple scales Spike rolled into a powerful hug. "Calm down Rarity," His rumbling voice reverberating through her body, "calm down." He whispered his deep voice captivating her. She looked up into the dragons eyes. They held a predatory glint, but that was all but over powered by the kindness in them. "Calm…" She knew he was an alpha predator; claws that could fillet her, teeth that could break bone, and fire to roast her. But for all that, he was holding her gently, stroking her, calming her heart. She felt an intense heat pass through her body. "Calm…" He gently released his grip on her body.

Rarity looked up at the dragon; she could see why the pony Rarity chose a dragon; or at the very least this very special dragon. "Right the interesting thing." He spoke, grinned revealing the set of fangs in his maw, "dragon’s scales grow back strong when they're damaged." As if to prove a point he placed his claw on the recently revealed shimmering purple scale and raked his claw against it.

"Whoa…" She timidly stepped towards the large dragon for a closer look.

"Yeah and considering I spent my youth getting beat up by Twilight and the others incidents my scales are pretty tough." He told the human counterpart with ease. "Your Rainbow Dash packed a punch."

He got up limped his way towards the tent entrance. "SPIKE!" A alabaster blur flew into Spike’s waiting chest, sending Spike falling onto his back. Rarity looked away from the dragon and her unicorn familiar locked in a passionate kiss. "You stupid brute!" She punched him twice before dipping back into a kiss. "Fighting a beasty dragon!" Rarity hit him three more time, falling back into their kiss. "The humans told me what you had their Rainbow Dash do!" She hissed continuing to hit him, her hooves coming down with less force. "A bolt of lightning!" Tears began to pour down her cheeks as she hugged him tightly, bringing him into another kiss. "You could've died!" She sobbed, pulling back into a wet kiss.

Spike pulled back from the kiss. "They needed help!" He kissed her solidly. "The dragon would've killed them!" He said in between gasps for air. "I couldn't let them be hurt when I could help!" Spike rolled over, his body cocooned the mare. "You would've done the same thing!" Ponified Rarity looked back at the purple dragon and felt an intense jolt of jealousy burned through her spine. She didn’t understand why, it was just…there. Spike rolled onto his back revealing the mare sitting atop his chest. Rarity watched the two exchanged a glance, the same glance of pure devotion, pure love that her parents still had. These two weren't dating; they were in it for life. Feeling awkward that her presence may intervene, the former human Rarity quietly left the tent.

"I love you, you stupid dragon." Rarity leaned in to hug Spike.

"I love you my mare." He held her tightly.

Luigi laid on his back snoring as the wind blew through the empty streets, his nose swayed in the breeze. Earlier today, Luigi took it upon himself to help with the production of rebuilding Canterlot since the citizens outside the city are well handled and taken care of. He wanted to be in much help as possible, especially after gaining the knowledge that Bowser’s plan to open Tartarus will be a slow process. He was well rested, nearly at full health and strength; there was little to no reason to laze around and do nothing. What better way to spend time under these circumstances but to help out? Deep down, the green plumber felt this is partially their responsibility. When the Koopa tyrant gets involve with something dastardly it will become him and his brother’s business. That’s one of the very reasons why they are here in this new dimension.

Unfortunately, Luigi’s offer to lend a helping hand went unnecessary for the time being. Pretty understandable as there’s already more than enough volunteers for the muscles and magic users are plentiful, and Luigi isn’t much skilled in architecture to create the blue prints; Mario fits in line with that. However, last he heard his brother was helping one of the high school humans. So during the last few hours Luigi kept himself occupied at a workbench, occasionally striking a conversation or two with any of the workers. One thing led to another and the green clad hero zoned out. The Royal Guards and volunteer workers that came by left him in his peaceful sleep ever since.
That is until Princess Twilight Sparkle came trotting in his direction. The young Alicorn bore a nervous smile as she watched the man snore away, feeling almost a little guilty to disturb someone’s sleep. However, this was an important matter, and after studying the Mario Bros. capabilities she knew that one of them are the best candidate for the job.

Clearing her throat she hesitantly began to speak. "Luigi…?" Twilight tapped his bulbous nose, causing it to twitch. "Luigi?" She then tapped his chin which made him murmur in his Italian accent. She had to suppress a giggled with a hoof. Twilight tried a second time and pressed down on his nose…

Luigi eyes popped open. "Ahhhh!" The plumber bounced off his resting place flailing his arms before landing flat on the dirt ground. He soon lifted his head up and locked eyes with the purple Alicorn who stopped moving like a deer caught in a headlight. "Oh, hello princess."

Twilight shook her head and proceeded to fulfill her intentions."Luigi…" She timidly kicked the ground. "I need your help."

The plumber rose to his feet as he dusted himself off. "With what?"

Again she hesitated. Twilight nearly had to rethink her decision. She had done the tests, saw the results, and seen their power. It’s clear that either one of the Bros. are perfect. The young Princess took a deep breath, slowly exhaled, and met eye to eye with the awaiting plumber. "I…I wanna learn how to fight like you and your brother."

???????

Bowser slid away from a monkey, her long blonde hair burning a brilliant gold. A sudden red and black blur skidded to his left. He swung his large claws just fast enough to block a large scythe from a second primate. "You're strong." Bowser stated to the two monkeys. With a roar he sent the two flying into a wall, stunning them as they slid to the ground. "Why did you find me?"

"Two of our comrades...." The smaller black monkey in a ruby red cloak stood up. "They're in Tartarus."

Bowser looked at the two primates. He had seen this type of duo combination, nearly similar to the Mario Bros.; one is greater than the other in a specific specialty of strength, however, is weak in one particular area that the other strongly favors, making them a powerful duo enemy. "The White and the Black," His red eyes glinted dangerously, "Yellow and Red…" He grinned, his large fangs showing. "I can use your skill set." He stated simply.

Chrysalis watched from the shadows, analyzing the duo monkey’s strength and their faults. There was just one thing about them she couldn’t immediately piece together; just who are they? The scythe wielding monkey locked his eyes over towards her direction. "You could've taken us out at any time?" He questioned as he looked up the large Changeling.

Bowser chuckled. "I didn't need her to beat you." Suddenly the ground around the two erupted encasing them up to their heads in crystal. "And apparently she didn't need me."

The Changeling Queen gave another once over as she stared at the two primates. Her eyes analyzing and making judgment calls for her. Finally, it all made sense; their skills and their tactic of attacks. "Hunters…?" Chrysalis stated simply with a frown.