• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,259 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,259

Assault on the Crystal Empire

DISCLAIMER
I DO NOT OWN My Little Pony Friendship is Magic All Rights go to Hasbro
I DO NOT OWN Super Mario Bros all rights go to Nintendo

A Red and blonde haired young women was staring at herself in a mirror. Her leather jacket clung to her body and her sun pendant hung proudly around her neck. She looked at her bag; it was completely stuffed with text books, a teddy bear, and more text books. Today was her last day of school. She had spent the first two years of her high school career bullying her way to the top, only to spend the last two repaying all those she hurt. She snapped her finger and a single spark erupted from her finger tip.

"Was it the Element of Magic that is making magic enter this world.” Her eyes flickered over to a series of pictures. Each one depicting the same six girls; herself, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie. Her eyes went to the pictures with a seventh member to their little group. She had light purple skin and dark purple hair with a light pink streak. "Or is it us Twilight?" There was a deep ache in her heart, stories of magically powered criminals where becoming more and more common. Of course magically gifted police and military officers where racing into the fray. But what frightened her was the simple fact that the magical power was growing exponentially. She remembered how it started, her five friends where simply able to gain pony like qualities. But then, one morning while she was getting ready for school she to gained pony ears and a tail. So originally she thought it was people the Princess of Friendship interacted with that were gaining magic. But then one morning, a random track runner doubled in speed, and then Trixie began utilizing real magic in her shows. "Is it too late to reverse the damage? Am I choosing to runaway again?"

"SUNSET SHIMMER!" A puffy pink haired and skinned girl burst into her room. "We're going to be late!" She slid beside Sunset. Her Hair deflated slightly noticing Sunsets bursting bag. How Pinkie convinced her to leave her ever so comfy school attic, she'll never know. "Are you leaving?"

"I Need to go home Pinkie." Sunset Shimmer told her first friend. Yes the other four followed her more timidly, but Sunset couldn't get Pinkie to leave her alone. Everywhere she went Pinkie Pie was following her and eventually somehow she wormed her way into her heart.

"I Know Sunset...I'll miss you." She whimpered, tears threatening to pour down her cheeks.

"Don't...Pinkie, please don't cry." Sunset threw her arms around Pinkie. "Its graduation today, Pinkie, you're leaving for Cloudsdale University."
"RD’s Texas."
"AJ’s going to help her family farm and go to community college."
"Rarity is moving Manehattan."
"Fluttershy is going to veterinary school in Ponyville."

"We'll never see each other again!" Pinkie Pie howled a river of tears pouring down her cheeks.
Pinkie Pie gently placed her head on Sunset Shimmer’s shoulder. The flame haired young women gently rubbed Pinkie’s back.

"I'll come back Pinkie, when you graduate I'll be there…" She soothed the women.

"Pinky promise?" She whispered.

"Pinky promise." Sunset confirmed. "Let's get the others, today we leave high school!"
FIVE HOURS LATER

Six friends where sitting around a room. Sunset looked around; a small smile came to her lips. Rainbow Dash was wearing a plain blue dress, her rainbow colour hair done in simple curled pony tail. Beside her, Fluttershy was having her light pink hair curled by Rarity. Her pale pink dress had light pink accents around her breasts. Rarity’s dark purple hair was completely straight. She wore a purple dress with white mesh around her hips.

"So you're leaving." Rainbow Dash, a pale blue skinned girl with rainbow colour hair stated. The only signs of how distraught she was a simple warble in her voice.

Fluttershy, a light yellow skinned young woman quietly whispered. "What will you do in the other world?"

Sunset saw some tears. "I Have some apologizing to do, practicing my magic, and find a job."

"Well darling, I'm sure that your teacher will accept your apology." Rarity stated calmly.

Applejack was fiddling with her dress "I don't know, Rarity." The light pink material clung to her hour glass figure "I feel weird…"

"You're kidding me, you look stunning!" Rarity cried out in shock.

"She's right, AJ." Rainbow Dash cut in. "Looking hot!" Rainbow stated simply.
TWO HOURS LATER
The Six friends sat among a large crowd of students. "Applejack!" Principal Celestia proclaimed loudly. Sunset watched her blonde friend shake Celestia's hand and get handed a diploma. Slowly as the students get their diploma her next friend was called. "Fluttershy!" The timid girl slowly walked in front of the crowd. "Pinkamena Pie!" Pinkie laughed and bounced towards Celestia. "Rainbow Dash!" The star athlete raced, waving at the crowd as she did. "Rarity!" Rarity walked out elegantly.
Sunset closed her eyes as her name got closer and closer to being called. "Sunset Shimmer!" The red head walked up, she could see a smile spread across the older women's face. Sunset's hand shot out shaking the principal’s hands. She took the diploma from her and Celestia whispered, "You've come such a long way. If your Celestia is anything like me she'll be proud of the young woman you've become."

Sunset Shimmer fought back tears replying with, "Thank you principal."

TWO HOURS LATER
The graduates where laughing and partying outside in front of the school. A large banner was hanging in the front entrance reading, "Congratulations, good luck". Pinkie Pie had gotten a conga line going. Rainbow Dash was reminiscing about past soccer matches with her now former teammates. Applejack was eating some of the snacks her granny was giving out. Rarity had a large group of people around her, talking about her upcoming move to Manehattan. Lastly, Fluttershy and Sunset where sitting next to the portal. Sunset had to stop anybody from stumbling into Equestria and Fluttershy because she didn't feel comfortable in large crowds.

"Sunset what is that!?" Fluttershy yelped, pointing at a large pitch black cloud.

"Is a storm coming in?" Sunset asked her.

"It's coming this way!" A bright red flash erupted from the mass. Near instantly a cannon ball exploded against the ground.

"Everyone into the school!" Celestia screamed over the student’s terror. A stampeded of students raced towards the front entrance. Fluttershy dragged Sunset always from the statue.

"GWAHAHAHA!" A voice laughed. The mass split apart into hundreds of ships, all of them surrounding the statue. Suddenly the largest ship with a huge dragon like figure head slowly descended in front of the statue.

"They're trying to get into the portal!" Sunset proclaimed. She ripped her hand out of Fluttershy's grip. Sunset raced back to the statue.

"Sunset, no!" Celestia screamed frantically.

Suddenly a massive figure flew off the ship. It smashed into the ground with earth shattering force. It was easily ten feet tall, maybe even fifteen feet. The figure was wearing spiked wristbands, shoulder guards, and a collar. It had thick mustard yellow scales and a light yellow under belly shell. It had a massive cream colour jaw with razor sharp teeth. The top of its skull was bright green with large bright red eye brows and a red Mohawk. Sunset could make out a highly spiked bright green shell. The figure clenched his large dagger like claws before letting out a large pillar of fire and a bone chilling roar.

Its red eyes went to the portal. With each footfall it took shook the earth. "NO!" The creature’s eyes snapped onto Sunset standing before itself. "You're not getting through the portal!" She proclaimed.
"GWAHAHAHAHA!" The creature laughed in Sunsets face. "And what are you going to do to stop the great Koopa King Bowser?" He questioned menacingly.

Sunset raised her hand till it was aimed at his face. "This." With a snap, flames smashed into his.
Bowser roared loudly putting out the flames "That is a mistake..." He took a step towards her "Child!" He ripped her off the ground by her neck.

"Sunset!" Her five friends screamed.

Her world was rapidly darkening. The beast was placing more pressure on her neck.
Thud
"OUCHHHHHHHHH!" Bowser whipped around throwing a wild backhand, narrowly missing a red hat wearing figure. "Mario!" He snapped viciously.

"Picking on a kid, Bowser?" The man was wearing a red hat with an ‘M’ on it, a red long sleeve shirt, dark blue overalls, and brown shoes. He was also wielding a large black mallet.

Bowser roared threw Sunset angrily. Then he roared a torrent of flames straight at Mario. But Mario was too quick, back flipping, which instantly transitioned into a backhand spring, finally ending with a double back flip. Sunset flew straight into the arms of a green cap wearing man. He was dressed very similar to Mario, but had an ‘L’ on his hat, and a green long sleeved shirt. "Don't worry, my bro can beat Bowser."

Sunset groaned weakly "Who are you?"

"Imma Luigi!" His joyful demeanor putting her at ease.

Bowser
vs
Mario

The Red cap plumber frowned. "Let's-A-Go!"

"ROAR!"

Bowser charged straight at Mario and swung a wild left overhand. Mario side flipped to the right as sparks sprayed when Bowser dragged his left hand towards Mario. Dark purple energy erupted from his elbows. Mario rolled back as the large turtle twisted, sending energy through the school.
"Wahoo!" Mario jumped unto Bowser, spinning a punch into the Koopa King gut and sending him flying away from the school. Bowser slid into the streets, rolling backwards as he regained his footing.

Bowser fired a stream of flames straight at Mario. "Ow, ow!" He screamed, racing away from the turtle. Bowser rushed at Mario swinging a right-hook which the plumber instantly back flipped over, a left jab which Mario parried, and ending his combo with an attempt to bite Mario. Mario countered by ducking under then upper-cutting Bowser right in his large chin.

Mario pulled his hammer out and jumped high into the air. "So long, King Bowser!"

Crack.

Mario's hammer smashed into the top of Bowser’s head. Bowser’s eyes went wide, he could already feel a lump begin to form. "OUCH, OUCHY, OUCH!" Bowser bounced from leg to leg. Mario swung his hammer again. Thud. The Hammer smashed into Bowser’s gut.

Bowser rocketed back, cleaving through an office building. "Yippee!" Mario did a double front flip before yelling, "Mario's number one!"

"Wow!" Rainbow Dash was the first student to say anything. Mario and Luigi ran into a high five. "What are they?" Sunset limped towards the brothers. They were dancing, laughing with one another.
Suddenly a massive shadow was cast over Sunset. "Look out!" Screamed Pinkie Pie. But it was too late. Bowser’s massive claws wrapped itself around her head.

"Step aside my old rival." Bowser was nursing a couple wounds, but other than that he was completely unfazed by Mario's assault.

Sunset kicked wildly. "Kooooo!" Came her muffled scream. Both Mario and Luigi where locked onto the Koopa. "Kont set im thoo!" Bowser took steps towards the Mario Bros.

"Move!" He roared. The two brothers looked at one another, before calmly spreading their arms wide in defiance. "The hard way then…" With a sharp kick Mario went slicing straight through the school walls and with his free hand he upper-cut Luigi into the school.

He tossed Sunset Shimmer before making his way towards the statue hiding a portal. Bowser clenched his right hand before flexing to open. A large golden star erupted from his hand. Sunset Shimmer was nearly choked by the pure magic pouring off it. Bowser’s claws dug into the stars back. He was now right in front of the portal. "My Koopa!" He proclaimed loudly. "Attack!" Bowser smashed the star into the portal. A blinding explosion ripped apart the statue created a twenty foot deep crater earth. Sunset watched in horror as a castle began to collapse on the other side of portal. She watched as Bowser stepped into Equestria, the armada of his Koopa Troop army flew through the portal.
Cannons fired and Koopas ripping apart the ponies defenses.

"NO!" Sunset screamed, running towards the portal. The magic started to swirl into a tornado of pure magic. In an instant the portal collapsed, a shockwave ripped into Sunset flinging her backwards.

Author's Note:

AN

To Answer huge question before it's asked. bowser was able to sense the magic from the portal, And sensing the massive amounts of magic in the "Real Equestria he decided to attack when the connection between the two worlds are at their most powerful. On the night of the 30th moon. And Mario and Luigi, giving chase to the Koopa King. And the bros let Bowser hit them because they can't simply let bowser through. But they also can't fight when an innocent person is in danger.