• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,258 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,258

The Crystal Empire

I DO NOT OWN My Little Pony Friendship is Magic All Rights go to Hasbro
I DO NOT OWN Super Mario Bros all rights go to Nintendo

"Su...Mmer…" A heavily garbled voice called. Every part of Sunset’s body was in pain. Her head felt like a jackhammer was digging through it and her ears ringing. "Sunset!". Sunset cracked her eyes open weakly. "Thank goodness, you had us worried, Sugarcube."

"Pulljack…" Sunset slurred. She stumbled up, but fell back onto her butt.

"Whoa, stay still Sunset."

"The portal…" She mumbled weakly.

"It's gone." Applejack held down Sunset.

"No!" She screamed.

Mario pushed rubbles off his body. "Mama Mia…" He dusted his hat off. "Luigi!" He bellowed "Bro!" Mario bounced over a table, and then long jumped out of school. "Luigi!" Mario called for his younger brother desperately.

"Bro!" Luigi jumped out of the school.

"Luigi!"

"Mario!" The Brothers ran into one another and hugged each other.

"Are you ok bro!?" Mario patted his brother down.

"I'm ok." Luigi waved his big brother off him.

"Bowser!" The two looked at the destroyed buildings across the street. Two holes punched clean into the school and lastly the twenty foot crater near the front entrance. "Mario..." Luigi gently rubbed his brother’s shoulder. His eyes went to the groups of students huddled together.
"We need to go stop Bowser, bro" Mario jogged towards the crater. Shaking his head at the destruction Bowser and the battle had caused. Mario stopped suddenly and turned towards the surrounding people. "Wassa anybody hurt?" He asked.

"Luckily, no." Principal Celestia watched the strange little man let out a sigh of relief.
Mario dropped into the crater, sliding down the cliff before rolling to a stop at the bottom. Luigi Flutter Jumped down slowly, landing beside Mario with a soft thump. "The Grand Star’s magic..." He watched faint golden sparks bouncing around his hand. "Ok, good."

"The bridge wasn’t destroyed." Luigi stated simply, the same faint sparks jumping between his hands.
Mario dug into the front of his overalls and after ten seconds a large golden star erupted from his body. Both brothers took their hats off revealing neatly combed brown hair. "Please help-a us." The star hovered around surveying the damage. "There's a broken bridge, between this world and another." The Grand star erupted into a golden pillar. Both Mario and Luigi where lifted off the ground. The earth beneath them slowly corrected the damage made.

Sunset watched in awe as the buildings repaired themselves from the damage and even her own injuries were beginning to correct themselves. The intense pain in her neck and back seemed to melt away, followed shortly by the blown out ear drums. She suddenly started to feel hope begin to creep up in her heart. The hope then blossomed into joy; the star gave an almost childlike giggle.
As the damage was completely corrected a bright green pipe erupted from the ground where the portal statue once stood. Mario couldn't help but smile as pillar began to fade. The two where gently placed back onto the ground. "Thank you!" The star gave what amounted as a nod before disintegrating into a golden dust, which was instantly blown into the sky. "A Luma was born today, Luigi."

"I know bro."

"The portal, they rebuilt it!" Sunset jumped up, happiness coursed through her heart which thumped as she ran towards the pipe.

"Whoa!" Luigi landed on top of the lip of the pipe. "You can't come through; we don't know what's on the other side!"

"I do!" Luigi looked down at the young women "I came from there, the land is called Equestria. It's inhabited by ponies, dragons, leviathans, griffins, and any number of magical creatures." Luigi eyes remained firm "It’s ruled by princesses called an Alicorn. They are led by Princess Celestia, my teacher." Luigi sat down on the edge of the pipe. "Please let me go back to where I came from, let me see my teacher!"

"Mario?" Luigi deferred to his big brother.

Mario nodded at her "Lets-a go."

"Ok, Mario." The pair dropped into the pipe.

"Bye everyone." Sunset waved, tears welling as she met eyes with her five friends standing five feet away from her. "I'll miss you all." She sprawled up the pipe before dropping in.
"Bye, Sun-" The four began to say.

"Yippee!" Suddenly, a puffy pink hair and skinned girl flew into the pipe.

All of their jaws dropped as she disappeared from sight. "Did Pinkie just..." Rarity began.
"Oh my." Fluttershy squeaked.

"Why weren't you watching her!?" Applejack hissed at Rainbow Dash.

"I'm not her babysitter!" Rainbow Dash countered instantly.

"She tried to follow Twilight through the Portal..."

"Forget it, Cowabunga!" Rainbow Dash ran and dive head first into the pipe.

"For Pete's sake!" Applejack jumped in after Rainbow.

"Well now, I guess if they're going..." Rarity climbed in.

Fluttershy climbed on to the lip of the green pipe, her vision swirled as she watched the rainbow colour. "Oh my goodness…"

Suddenly, Pinkie’s head erupted from the portal. "Let's go, Fluttershy!"

"Oh my!" She screamed as she was dragged into the portal.

The group of young women felt as if they were water, all they could see is a rainbow of colour. Sunset could feel the familiar shift, her hands became hooves, her clothes disintegrated and where replaced by fur.

Mario and Luigi shot out of a green pipe. "Oh no..." Luigi cried. The city was completely leveled. Around them once stood a large castle with Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasus where injured. "We need to help."

Suddenly a unicorn shot out of the pipe. "Ah man.” She slammed face first into ground.

"Wahoo!" A pony slammed into the unicorn, her puffy pink mane flattened as she looked around the destruction

"Pinkie Pie?"

Pinkie’s tail twitch, right back hoof and front left hoof vibrated. "Wonder what that means?"
"It means get off my head!" Sunset Shimmer screamed. The pink earth pony shot up into the air from fear, levitating for a split second before shooting off in the direction of the city.

A Blue pegasi flew out of the pipe. "Look out!" Rainbow Dash crashed into Sunset.

"What are you guys doing!?"

"We're coming to get Pinkie Pie.

"Watch out darlings!" A Pure white unicorn with a dark purple mane flew into Rainbow Dash.

"Incoming!" Applejack smashed head first into Rarity's flank.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy landed on top of the pony pile with a thump.

Luigi fluttered off a boulder sized chunk of the destroyed castle. He could see a pegasi pinned beneath a chunk of the castle. "Imma coming!" He ran towards the injured pegasi. "I'm Luigi." He greeted calmly. It was a two toned green colour, with a forest green mane and tail, and light green body with wings.

The pegasus stared at the strange biped before weakly replying, "Emerald Dream…"
"Ok, Emerald, this might hurt." Luigi, with a mighty grunt he lifted the boulder off of her.
"Ahhhh!" she screeched.

Luigi gently placed the boulder down. He dug into his front pocket and pulled a red mushroom with white dots and cream base. "Here eat this. It won't heal you completely, but will dull the pain." The Pegasus timidly ate the Mushroom.

She felt some of the pain subside. "Thank you."

"Not a problem, mam." Luigi tipped his hat at her. "I've got to help more people." The green cap man jumped over a rock and front flipped over another, flutter jumping down an inclined drop going into the castle "Hello!" He hollered. "Imma here to help!"

"Over here!" A Deep voice hollered. Luigi ran down the half collapsed hallway. He slid around the corner and came face to face with a large white unicorn stallion. He was using his magic to rip boulders off pile.

"What are digging for?" If the stallion was shocked by a lanky biped easily ripping boulders off the pile, He hid it well.

"Some of our maids and a couple soldiers." The Stallion replied.

"What happened?" Luigi questioned.

The stallion grunted as he picked a large stone off the pile. "After the attack began I sent some soldiers to escort our maids to safety, but they never reported back to me." Luigi tossed a boulder back. "Shining Armor." He introduced himself.

"Imma Luigi"

"We're here…" Luigi heard a faint voice.

Both men looked at one another. "Keep going." Shining tossed another stone "We're coming!"

SCENE SHIFT

Mario shoulder climbed through a destroyed building. "Hello!?" He climbed over a chunk of wood. "Imma here to help!"

"My filly please, I'm over here!" A muffled voiced came from behind a door.

Mario jiggled the door knob. "Step back!"

"Ok!"

Mario slammed shoulder first into the door, ripping it clean off his hinges. Mario rolled into a half collapsed room. "Over here!" Mario looked over at a pony stallion trying to move a large chunk of wood. A young looking pony was pinned down. "Please, help me!" The stallion begged, nuzzling the filly. "Don't worry, Moony."

Mario squatted underneath the piece of wood. "Ok, one..." The stallion wrapped his mouth around the filly’s neck. "Two…" Their eyes met. "Three!" Mario lifted up the chunk of wood, he could here stones shifting. The stallion ripped his filly out from underneath the collapse. "Go, get out the room!" Mario ordered. The stallion quickly dragged his filly out. Mario smirked as he dropped the wood then dove, rolled, and longed jumped out of the collapsing room. "That was close."

"Thank you." The stallion was holding his filly tightly, fresh tears pouring down his cheeks. "If I lost her…"
"No problem." Mario waved off the stallion.

"Who are you?"

"It's-a me, Mario!" Mario proclaimed proudly. "I've got to go help. Take care of her, oh and get out of the house." Mario climbed out a hole in the ceiling. He could see a dark cloud swirling above them. "Bowser…" Mario jumped off the roof; he could see three stallions dragging boulders off a couple.

"Imma a coming!" He hollered.

He jumped from roof to roof. As he got closer he long jumped, slid down the steep roof, and front flipped off the roof before landing behind the group. He moved a boulder off the couple "Imma here to help." He soothed the two. Mario tossed another boulder back. "Imma, Mario, hello." He greeted.
"Star Spangled, this is Sun Spot, my wife." The stallion introduced the two.
Mario dug into his front pouch and pulled out a red and white mushroom. "It won't heal you completely, but it will help." Both ponies nibbled at the mushroom.
Mario raced off down the destroyed streets before giving a final wave.

SCENE CHANGE

Four mares walked back and forth. Rainbow Dash flapped her wings. "This is weird." She tried to stand in two hooves, before stumbling back down on to all fours.

"Your spine isn't built to stand on your backhooves." Sunset Shimmer explained to her friends.
"Ouch!" Fluttershy’s flank was in the air and her head was on the ground.

"Fluttershy! Stand up!" Sunset dragged Fluttershy to her hooves with her magic.

Applejack trotted in a small circle mis-stepping every couple of moves. Rarity took two slow deliberate steps. Suddenly a bright blue spark erupted from her horn, blowing down a piece of stone. "Oh no!"
The stone was encased in green energy. "Rarity, calm down!" Sunset placed a hoof one the white mares back. "Magic listens to your emotions."

Rarity took two deep breaths. The magic around her horn faded. "Thanks, Sunset"

Sunset looked at the destruction around her. "Let's go help."

The five mares surveyed the damage. "Where do we start?" Rarity questioned. "There!" She pointed at a crystal pony trying to free a pinned soldier.

The six slowly went down the rubble. "Hey, partner." Applejack greeted.

"The mares of Spike the hero!" the crystal pony gasped. "It's such a honor!"

"Mares of Spike?"

"Wahhh?”

"Ok?"

Applejack shook her mane; a cowboy hat fell off her head. "Where did that come from?"
"Girls, be careful. We don't know what your bodies can..."

BANG A large boulder bounced across the ground.
"Oh!" Applejack cringed as it flew down the road.

Sunset disappeared in a flash of green. She reappeared in front of the boulder, stopping it instantly before immediately teleporting back in front of her friends. "As I was saying, be careful. Your pony bodies are flowing with magic now and we don't know how that's going to affect you." Sunset lectured.

"I see what you’re talking about, Sugarcube." Applejack was bright red.

TWO HOURS LATER

Luigi gently helped a mare out of the collapsed building. "Thank you, sir!" A soldier bowed slightly to Shining Armor.

"I had help." Shining pointed towards Luigi.

"Thank you." The soldier tipped his head at Luigi.

"Oh, no problem." Said Luigi while helping another soldier out of the rubbles.

"The princess, is she ok?" The nameless soldier asked Shining Armor.

"Yes, she’s helping the medic teams." Shining Armor turned on Luigi. "Luigi, I’m going to see my wife."

"Oh, ok." Luigi tipped his hat at Shining.

"Are you going to come along?" Shining questioned Luigi.

"Umm, I'm sorry, but I want to help other ponies." Luigi replied.

SCENE SHIFT

Mario watched as a tall mare walked elegantly from pony to pony. She was pink with purple tipped wings and was wearing a set of golden armor studded with diamonds. Her mane was a long mixture of purple white and pink. She, unlike every other pony who either had a horn or wings, has both, plus her long horn was longer. She gracefully walked straight up to Mario. "My little ponies have spoken nothing but good things about you." She held herself with an air of authority. She then looked around sadly. "I wish you could see the empire at its greatest height." She gave a slight smile. "Now if I may ask, who are you?"

"I am Mario of the Mushroom Kingdom." Replied the red capped hero.

"Welcome, Mario of the Mushroom Kingdom, to the Crystal Empire. I am Princess Mi Amore Cadenza."

Mario instantly fell onto one knee and ripped his cap off his head. "Princess Cadenza, it is an honor to meet you." Mario bowed his head respectfully.

A faint blush spread across the mares face. "Oh my, aren't you the formal one." She placed a hoof on Mario's back. "Rise, Mario." The man slowly rose to his feet. Keeping his hat off his head as the mare continued to speak. "My Aunty, Celestia, taught me many things. One of which formality with a hero is never necessary." She levitated four ponies to a medical tent. "Put your hat back on." Mario placed his prized hat back on his head "Oh, and call me Cadance."

"Princess, the creature who attacked your country; his name is Bowser. Myself and my brother, Luigi, we're going to find him, beat him, and then drag him back into our world." He explained to her. "But I am unfamiliar with these lands."

"You'll get a map." Cadance told Mario.

"Cadance!" A large white stallion trotted up and nuzzled her.

"Shining, how many..."

"Fifty, probably closer to a hundred though, with everypony who was helping me and Luigi." Shining Armor replied.

"My brother." Shining Armor turned to see a shorter biped.

"Ah, you're, "Super Mario", Luigi told me about some of you adventures."

"Where’s my bro?"

"He stayed back at the palace to help get more ponies out."

"Ok, sorry I just worried." Mario told the stallion.

"Not a problem, I have a little sister who manages to find trouble every other week." The stallion held out his hoof. "Shining Armor."

Mario took the hoof in his hand. "Mario."

"Any reports, has it made its way back?" Shining asked Cadance.

"No sightings of Bowser or his army."

SCENE CHANGE

Sunset lead her friends through the streets, helping any pony who needed. 'You can still be better then Twilight you know'. A voice purred through her mind.

Sunset flicked her head. "Anything wrong, honey?" Rarity inquired calmly.

"I'm fine, just imagining things." The group had made their way to a half destroyed train station.

"Anybody in here that needs help!?" Sunset bellowed.

"Wonder where those brothers are." Applejack galloped into the building.

"Something's wrong. Why would he level a city, and then leave?" Sunset looked around at a once regal train station. She felt a tinge of regret, because she felt happy that the city wasn't Canterlot.
"Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing." Luigi jumped out of a train car and landed beside the group with soft thud.

"Luigi!" Sunset ran and hugged the green cap man. "I'm sorry you saved me and then I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Sunset, Sunset Shimmer."

"Luigi." He patted the pony on her head awkwardly.

"I'm not a dog!" Sun barked angrily.

Luigi stumbled away from the pony and slid on a chunk of rubble before falling on his back. "Mama Mia…"

"Oh my goodness, are you alright? Sunset that was very mean!" Fluttershy whipped around and glared at Sunset. "Apologize. NOW!" Fluttershy glared down at Sunset.

"I'm sorry Luigi, it's just I've always had an issue with being petted." Sunset looked down in shame, her ears and tails drooping.

"Oh, no problem, I've been through worse." Luigi jumped up. "I’ve cleared the building out. I came back to double check for unconscious ponies." He told the group.

"So why were you wondering about Bowser’s attack on the city?" Rarity jumped into the conversation.

"It doesn't suit him. Bowser is a conqueror, using brute strength and force of will. But he isn't stupid; he understood he had the element of surprise. Normally, Bowser would use it to take over and rule." Something clicked in Luigi's mind. "Unless he found something…"

"Something?" Fluttershy mimed.

"Yeah, something powerful that has enough strength to catch him off guard, and forcibly repels him before he could counter attack." He kicked a chunk of rubble, deep in thought.

SCENE CHANGE

"How did you beat Bowser?" Mario and the princess were sitting in a tent, the latter of which was sipping water.

"There's a magical artifact here, I can't say much about it. But needless to say, I used it to boost my magic of love and was barely able to send him and his army out of my empire."

Cadance watched the man; she could see gears begin to spin in his head "Bowser...”

SCENE CHANGE

“...doesn't like to lose...”

SCENE CHANGE

“...he'll come back...”

SCENE CHANGE

“...as a show of strength."

SCENE CHANGE

"Princess, you need to evacuate the city!" Cadance watched the little man jump to his feet.

"Where are you going!?" Cadance exclaimed.

"To find my brother." Mario replied quickly. "Get that artifact now, Bowser will go straight for it when he returns."

"He can't use it, it's pure magic!" She countered as she galloped up to the now running Mario.

"Then he'll taint the magic, he does it with everything he touches."

SCENE CHANGE

Luigi and the five ponies were running down the street. "We need to find Mario, and then find whatever repelled Bowser before-"
Luigi and the girls slid to a stop. "No…" The sky was almost black, and he could clearly see tanks rolling down along. "Girls, you need to run, me and Mario we'll deal with Bowser."
"Gwahahaha!" An almost childlike echoed down the street. "Luigi, looks like a get crush you." Faster than the ponies could comprehend, Luigi was smashed by a powerful straight hand. Luigi rolled to a stop shaking his head.
Floating in a pure white machine, with a green rim, glass dome, and green helicopter bottom sat a tiny Bowser. His sharp teeth were just buds and the sharp points on his back where rounded. The machine twisted, sending the five ponies flying. The machine displayed a maniacal grin. "The only thing that could make this day better is getting to crush Mario!"
"Jr!" Luigi's hands trembled as he put them up "Let's-a go."

Author's Note:

Ok Here's what happened since it will be hard to force into the story. When Bowser ripped the portal wide, he created a time distortion. So what was only a couple of hours for Mario and Luigi, and the EQG Mane Six. Was more like a week for Equestria.