• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 3,261 Views, 109 Comments

Super Mario ponies in Peril - SECURE0777



When bowsers rips open a portal between two worlds, it's up to Mario Luigi to stop him.

  • ...
7
 109
 3,261

Sacrifice

The underground chamber was silent as Twilight Sparkle remained on standby in front of Mario and Sunset Shimmer, her horn glowing faintly as she readied herself against whatever the Changeling Queen has in stored. "One move, just look at you!" Chrysalis taunted. "You can barely stand plumber. An Element Bearer without her Element and Celestia's failed student! What can you expect to do?"

Mario simply grinned at the arrogant Changeling. "You're right. Alone we would get flattened by you. But we're not alone, we got each other."

"We're friends." Twilight stood up proudly.

"We have the Magic of Friendship." Sunset added.

Twilight looked back at the two, her eyes brimming with a mixture of confidence and happiness. "Right, and as long as we have our Friendship there's always hope."

"Fire!" Mario ignited a fireball in his palm.

"You've tried that!" Chrysalis began levitating crystals around her body. To her surprise the plumber twisted on his foot and tossed it straight at Sunset Shimmer. "What!?"

Sunset caught the flaming ball and began swirling it around between them both. Small sparks of her own fire magic mixed with the orb flung by Mario. The plumber kept his focused glued on the small ball of fire and continuously tossing in more fireballs into the ever growing sphere. Chrysalis eyes began to glow with a faint purple energy. Razor blades of crystals materialized and flew straight towards the three. "No! I'll protect my friends!" A purple shockwave slammed into the crystals, flinging them across the room. Twilight was hovering a foot off the ground, her eyes radiant with determination. "I can control it!" Her horn then sharpened and a dark purple aura lengthens her horn by half a foot.

"What!?" Chrysalis dismissed her shock and let a blast of dark green crystals twisted through the energy wave and flew straight at Twilight. A bright purple shield soon erupted from Twilight’s large horn. The castle shook as a shockwave ripped through the entire city. The young Alicorn Princess’s glowing eyes met Changeling’s furious slit iris's, their magic crackling through the air.

LUIGI

Luigi, Discord, and Princess Luna glared at Bowser as he dangerously made his approach in a steady manner. His gleaming red eyes narrowed at the three. "Let's go, Green Cap!" He roared loudly, charging towards the three.

"Luigi time!" The plumber jumped high into the air and pulled out a hammer as he did. The black headed end smashed Discord against the surface of the ground, the Chaos God bounced back and reshaped into a ball of fur and scales with his large smiling face pasted on. "Thunder!" Suddenly, Discord blasted straight at Bowser, his entire body crackling with brilliantly blue electricity.
The Koopa King laughed at this display. He swung his large claws into the air to block the incoming Chaos God. Without warning Discord swerved to the left, Bowser then turned immediately to follow only for Discord to smash into his gut sending him sliding across the ground. Discord bounced back into position, right into Luigi's waiting hammer only to be slapped towards the tyrant once more. The lightning infused Draconquus ball slammed into Bowser's skull nearly knocking him down. Bowser roared loudly, sending a stream of flames towards the ball of crackling electricity.
Luigi crackled in and out of eye sight, appearing in front of Discord and smacking him towards Bowser. The Koopa King managed to backhand Discord straight into the teleporting lunar princess, who blasted Discord with her magic into his gut. With their combined might, Luigi and Luna were effectively driving Bowser backwards and slowly taking advantage. Discord was gaining speed with each successful hit each time the plumber and princess adding more of their magic to the infused Chaos God every time they hit him back to Bowser.

Luigi suddenly appeared into front Luna. With a loud 'CRACK' Discord slammed into open claws of Bowser. "What are you doing?" Luna asked the smaller plumber.

"An ‘Advanced Technique’!" Luigi proclaimed as he spun on one foot, becoming a blur of green, blue, and black mini twister. "Hit the head of my hammer!" At the peak of his frustration Bowser threw Discord back at them. Luna beamed her magic at Luigi's hammer, increasing his spinning speed. The Discord Ball was hit back into Bowser with twice the speed and glowing even brighter. The Koopa King manages to backhand him straight into Luigi who hit him back with even more force.

"What!?" Bowser growled, hitting Discord back into the ever increasing spin of Luigi’s makeshift tornado thanks to Luna’s helping hand. The entire street was alight with the bright blue electricity. The Plumber, Princess, and Draconquus continue to bash Bowser back. The Koopa King frowned deeply as he struggled to keep up with the team’s combo attack. Luigi laughed as he yelled, "We gotcha!" Hammer met Discord one final time as Luigi was blasted back into Luna’s awaiting hooves. All the power buildup from the spinning exploded Discord straight at Bowser. The Koopa King didn't have time to react. The Chaos God whizzed through the air, passing right in between the meaty claws of the Koopa King. On impact Discord exploded with electricity and Alicorn magic as a large dome of energy burned a ten foot crater into the earth. Bowser's roar of pain echoed across Canterlot. The city shook as a pillar of light shone across the city. Discord rejoined his party shortly afterwards as both Luigi and Luna stumbled away from the intense pillar of light.

As the pillar died out from its intensity, all three of them looked at the destruction with a frown of sadness. A five foot crater was burned into the street. Bowser lay on his back as a smoldering mass. "OUCH!", he grumbled. "How could I get beat by that Green Cap?" He whined as he managed to roll back to his feet.

"Ka ha ha hah!" Luigi and Luna were suddenly blasted away from the crater by a multicoloured multi-shaped spell. While Discord checked on the fallen moon princess the green plumber looked up from his position and saw a familiar face.

"Kamek!" Luigi exclaimed fiercely.

"Hello, handsome~!" Sitting on the opposite side of the crater was Wendy O. Koopa. "Miss me?" She asked, follow by a wink.

Luigi’s face darkened to a faint pink colour. "Wendy…”, he muttered.

"Wendy, what are you doing!?" Bowser growled and jumped out of the crater, only to then fall onto a single knee as he landed.

"Boss, be careful." The flying Magikoopa stated as he flew down.

"Don't worry, daddy," she dug into her shell, "we got the book!" She pulled out and presented a leather bound book to him.

"Book of Tartarus!" Both Princess Luna and Discord immediately recognized the book with a snarl.

MARIO, SUNSET, & TWILIGHT

Mario and Sunset Shimmer continue pouring fire into the ever growing ball of flames. Twilight Sparkle was blasting back dark crystals and deflected magic beams from attempting to stop the two, by a very frustrated Chrysalis. Mario stopped feeding the flaming sphere and did a double back flip before twisting into a swirling red mass.

"Twilight!" Sunset called out and slowly tossed the large fireball towards the princess.

"Got it!" Twilight felt the weight of the miniature sun. She flinched as the fireball settled just above the tip of her horn. Twilight slowly began to collapse onto forward.

"Mario!" Sunset yelled to the spinning plumber.

"Okie Dokie!" Mario cried out happily. He dipped the head of his hammer down. The earth exploded as Mario was flung high into the air. "Sunset!" Mario exclaimed loudly.

The Unicorn aimed her horn for a split second, before firing a deep green beam towards Mario. Twilight pushed with all her might, slowly raising the hefty fireball to be flush with the high flying Mario. "Sparkle!" Sunset yelled loudly as her magic beam collided with the head of Mario's hammer, instantly doubling his spinning speed as well as adding a green ring of energy around him.
The head of the hammer smashed into the flaming sphere causing a ripple to travel through the fireball. Chrysalis watched helplessly as the large fireball of their magical combination began moving towards her and rapidly began gaining speed. Twilight shot into the air, flying behind the plumber. Mario grinned at her nodding. A dark purple cloak surrounded Mario, and with a shove, the red plumber was flung towards the fireball. Mario smashed the fireball one more time, doubling its speed. "Finale!!" Mario and Twilight yelled together.

Chrysalis was about to take off in flight when a sudden weight landed on her armor like back. "No you don't!" Sonata Dusk growled as she cling the Changeling Queen’s wings together.

"Sonata!" Sunset exclaimed. She desperately closed her eyes and concentrated. Her horn flicked on and off, constantly dispelling as the spell failed to work. "Not enough magic!" Sonata closed her eyes as the ball collided with her the Changeling’s horn. She can feel the powerful intense heat radiating from the orb of fire.

Chrysalis stumbled two steps back, her entire body shaking with the effort to steady herself. "I will not be beaten by you!!" She roared as she pours every ounce of her magic into the flaming ball and began repelling it towards the ponies and plumber.

Mario locked eyes with the blue Siren as he landed beside Sunset with a thump. "Do it, plumber…" She muttered silently as she bit into the thick exoskeleton armor.

"Mario, we need to save her!" Sunset stated hurriedly as their fireball was forcefully being pushed towards them.

Mario felt his knuckles crack from the force he was clenching his hammer with. The look in Sonata’s eyes told him everything. "Sunset, hold the ball I'll-" Twilight began, but was cut off by the plumber quickly front-flipping high into the air, arcing straight towards the fireball. "Mario!" Twilight exclaimed.

"No!" Sunset yelled loudly and helplessly.

'I'll save you', Mario thought sadly, frowning as the head of the hammer made contact with the fireball.

Chrysalis felt her magic failed, her wings were still being held tightly by the pony Siren on her back, and there was no escape. "NO!" Three pillars of crystals burst from the earth rapidly materialized into a hoof she use and caught the fireball. ’Crack!’ Chrysalis flinched as the crystal hoof crumbled away upon contact. Chrysalis closed her eyes as the fireball ploughed straight into her, before exploding with a blinding flash.

Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were pinned against the wall by the force of the explosion. "Sonata!" They cried out her name and it drowned in the ringing eruption spreading through the room. The pillar swirled into a tornado of flames before exploding upwards through the hole in the ceiling. Slowly the form of a phoenix took shape, it screeched loudly before piercing through and disappearing within the thick dark clouds and taking them with it. Sunlight has once again reappeared and slowly spread around Canterlot.

In the castle a smolder mass remained in the epicenter of the explosion of flames. Chrysalis couldn't move a muscle. Her magic was all drained and she couldn’t manipulate the Crystal Heart to form black crystals in her condition. "Darn you Siren…" She growled hatefully. She watched the ponies begin galloping straight at her and saw a shadow over head. "Gotta go…" Just as Mario fingertips were about to graze Sonata the two exploded into a deep purple cloud and transported away.

Mario smashed head first into the ground before rolling to a stop in front of the ponies; completely spent, muscles sore, and short out of breath. "I missed…" He growled to himself.

LUIGI

Bowser frowned as the sunlight seeped through his rapidly dispersing clouds. "The plumber beat the Changeling!" Wendy grumbled after watching the flaming display on the other side of Canterlot.
"Retreat!" Bowser roar shook the entire city. "We've got what we came for!" He grabbed hold of Wendy before sailing high into the air. Kamek swung his wand, materializing a Koopa Clown Car beneath the mighty Koopa King. "Tell your brother I'll crush him later!"

Luigi acted fast and jumped onto a nearby roof, running straight towards Bowser. Luigi long jumped straight at Bowser when saw the trail of teleportation. "Oh no you don't!" Kamek appeared in front of the young plumber with a flourish of his wand.

"Oh no!" With a swing of his staff the elder Magikoopa sent Luigi crashing towards the earth.

"Don't hurt my darling too badly!" Wendy yelled as they flew away.

Kamek flew a circle around the plumber, swinging his wand in an intricate pattern. "Next time plumber." Kamek disappeared in a multi-shaped cloud.

Luigi took two breaths before collapsing in a heat. "So tired…” He sighed weakly.

Author's Note:

Ok so I would like to say thank you to all my readers. And thank you to my proof reader/editor supah64th for all the help. This is the end of the first story arc of my story. So expect so what of a gap between this and the next chapter. Have a good day, nd once again thank you for reading Super Mario Ponies in Peril.

PREVIEW

Mario skidded across the earth, the large Changling closing in fast. "No ponies to save you now plumber"

Twilight and Sunset continuously blasted the Koopa King away from he cage. "You're beneath me!"

Spike swerved out of the way of a lava spire, the two Rarity throwing anything in their telekenitic grip at the large Griffon closing in fast.

Mario and Bowser locked eyes "Come on plumber" They both looked towards the tree. "They're MINE"