• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 1,530 Views, 118 Comments

Destination: Thataway! - Hawattie



Crazy pony on an epic adventure. Warning: side effects may include, but are not limited to; nausea, itching, accidental lung failure, coughing, spontaneous combustion, sudden appreciation for bad music, sneezing, words, and/or exposition

  • ...
2
 118
 1,530

PreviousChapters Next
In grade school, Babe Ruth's teachers voted him to be the hardest student to teach.

Fphantom and I had made it a good way towards the sorceress's tower. We were close enough that we could see it and the "Private Property: Keep Out" sign it had posted in front of it.

"What do you think we'll find in there?" I asked Fphant.

"Oh, just a few dozen zombies, a handful of deadly traps and a giant jellyfish." Somepony with a Trottingham accent said.

I nodded absently. "Sounds about right," Fphantom agreed, "now what do..." Fphantom trailed off.

As one, Fphant and I turned towards the unknown speaker in our midst. There before us, wearing a big goofy smile and a trench coat, was a brown stallion. I was about to ask who the hay this guy was when Fphant beat me to it.

"Who the hay are you?" he asked. He even worded it how I would have. I suppose great minds think alike.

"Oh I'm nopony important," the mystery stallion assured us, "just here to deliver a message!"

Fphantom raised his eyebrow. "Well what's the message?" Ugh, Fphant, stop stealing my lines!

"Before I tell you, I need to know if either of you go by the name 'Duke Birdy of the Birdy Dukedom.'" He paused to straighten his tie. "It's very, very important."

"Well I'm Fphantom," Fphant said, "but this knucklehead likes to call me Fphant."

"And I'm -"

I was cut off by an angry yell, presumably from a disgruntled mare judging by the tone. "Hurry up out there! We don't want to be late!"

"I'll be back there in just a moment!" the mysterious pony called back, "This is important!"

The stallion's face grew serious. I'm talking serious like a really important thingy that could save your life kind of serious. Y'know, the serious kind. "What I'm about to tell you is of the utmost importance. Remember what I'm about to say, because it could one day save your lives." He paused to look us each in the eye. "Whatever you do, don't-"

Another angry yell from the same disgruntled mare cut him off. "Doctor! We don't have time for this unscheduled cameo. Quit wasting time and get back in here so we can get to Canterlot!" I didn't see the yelling mare. Perhaps she was hiding behind that suspicious-looking blue box?

Nah, she's probably in that even more suspicious-looking bush right next to it.

The stallion, presumably "Doctor" if the mare's information was accurate, looked confused. "What do you mean 'cameo'?" he shouted in the direction of the suspicious looking bush, "Isn't this where we're supposed to be?"

"NO! We were supposed to be in Canterlot five minutes ago!" the bush shouted back. Woo, that bush is feisty!

"How many times do I have to say it?" Doctor yelled, "It's a time machine! We could be there seven minutes ago next Tuesday if we wanted to!"

"I don't care! Get your flank in here or so help me-"

Doctor offered us an apologetic grin. "So sorry about this, but it seems I've got to run. But remember; don't open the-"

"Doctor!"

The stallion yelped like he'd been burned. "Coming!" he shouted as he ran into the not-nearly-as-suspicious-looking-as-a-bush blue box.

Moments later the un-suspicious box had vanished into thin air.

"Well," Fphantom said after a moment of silence, "that just happened."

"Indeed it did," I agreed. "Well, that sorceress's tower isn't going to come to us." I set off at a trot towards the tower.

"Hey," Fphant called from behind me, "I just thought of something."

"What is it?" I asked without breaking stride.

"Do you think we should have brought Unique Blend with us?" My trot came to an abrupt halt. "Since, y'know, in case we do find the Justice Ponies he's the only one of us who'd recognize them?"

Hoof met face in a clash of epic proportions.

"We should probably go get him."

"Yeah."

I trotted back over to where Fphant and I had talked with that Doctor pony. "Well, let's get going." As one we turned towards town and began our journey back thataway.

Author's Note:

For those of you wondering, this isn't gonna turn into a Dr Whooves fic. Sorry/you're welcome. You can however expect more cameos.

Stay awesome. Try not to die.

PreviousChapters Next