The Lunaverse 2,569 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Welcome to the Lunaverse!

So if you clicked the link on the previous page, you’re new to this series. That’s cool, we all have to start somewhere. As a shared universe with an ongoing story, however, it can be a little daunting to just jump headfirst into the Lunaverse, trying to figure out where to start, what’s important, what isn’t, and so on. So this is here to help you.

The Basics
1,000 years ago, Princess Celestia, who ruled the day, fell into greed and paranoia. Determining that only she could rule Equestria and keep her little ponies safe, at the expense of their freedoms, she became Corona, the Tyrant Sun. Her younger sister, Princess Luna, had no choice but to use the Elements of Harmony to banish Corona within the burning heart of the Sun, and become the sole ruler over Equestria.

But after a thousand years, Corona has escaped from her imprisonment. Six ponies - Trixie Lulamoon, Raindrops, Carrot Top, Lyra Heartstrings, Ditzy Doo, and Cheerilee - have claimed the Elements of Harmony and now work to keep Equestria safe. But the Tyrant Sun is not the only challenge faced by these yong mares! The machinations of the Night Court, spells gone wrong, the secrets of Andalantis, the return of Tambelon, concerts, griffins, Ursas, and the trials and tribulations of everyday life, all work together to make the Lunaverse one of the most varied shared universes in all of FimFiction!

Getting Started
This being FimFiction.net, the core of the Lunaverse is, of course, the stories. We’ve currently got more than a hundred of varying lengths.

Levels of Canon
Canon has been greatly simplified recently. Basically, if it's one of the fics listed below, it's canon. If it's not one of those fics, it probably is still canon anyway, unless it contains anything that wildly contradicts the fics listed below or is specifically mentioned as being non-canon (this includes all fics in the Miscellaneous Fan-Fiction folder and the Writing Events folder)

So you want to catch up?
If you want to drive into the Lunaverse and catch up to the current plot as fast as possible, then the following stories should be read in this order:

Season 1
Longest Night, Longest Day, by RainbowDoubleDash
Helping...Hands?, by RainbowDoubleDash
File Under 'I' for 'Impossible', by Fizzy Orange
Boast Busted, by RainbowDoubleDash
An Early Reunion, by RainbowDoubleDash
Where There is Smoke, by Fizzy Orange
Elements of Insanity, by Emeral Bookwise
Secret of Andalantis, by Fizzy Orange
Musicians and Dreamers, by GrassAndClouds2
A Hard Bargain, by Zap Apple Smash
Carrot Top Season, by GrassAndClouds2
Greengrass's Night, by GrassAndClouds2
Tales of Ponyville, by RainbowDoubleDash
Through the Fire and Flames, by DagaYemar
Symphony of the Moon and Sun, by GrassAndClouds2
A Chance Encounter, by Hendy853 and InsertAuthorHere
Foalish Misadventures, by GrassAndClouds2
At the Grand Galloping Gala, by RainbowDoubleDash
Crisis on Two Equestrias, by RainbowDoubleDash

Season 2
The Return of Tambelon, by RainbowDoubleDash
Magic Tutor, by RainbowDoubleDash
Up and Automaton, by Zap Apple Smash
Title Match, by Zap Apple Smash
The Voice of the Sun, by Lev the Lurker
The Great Dragon Coronation, by RainbowDoubleDash
The Glass Kingdom, by RainbowDoubleDash
For a Few Bits More, by RainbowDoubleDash
Contest of Champions, by thatguyvex
From the Depths, by vazak
Past Remnants, by GreyGuard Pony

This will get you fully caught up with all the important points of the Lunaverse’s canon stories to date, though it leaves out some of the finer details from other stories.

So you want to contribute?
The Lunaverse is always looking for new writers to help build the world and advance the story. Once you’ve caught up the with the above stories, head on over to the forum, where you’ll find our Brainstorming threads, Writer’s Workshop, and Wish List/Discouraged Ideas threads stickied near or at the top of the first page.

The Brainstorming threads are places where you can go and spitball ideas, or float new ideas for the group. A new brainstorming thread is created every 200 posts or so, and it’s usually our most active thread. Posting in the brainstorming thread is encouraged amongst all our members, even those who don’t plan on writing any stories themselves. It’s in these threads where the overall direction of the Lunaverse’s story is decided. The Writer’s Workshop, meanwhile, is for more technical help – spelling, grammar, and other forms of editing. It's also in these threads that I'll decide whether or not to add your story to the Lunaverse's official canon (by adding it to one of the Lunaverse's Seasons), if that's what you want for your story.

Once again – welcome to the Lunaverse!

GrassAndClouds2
Group Admin

Can I request that 'Concert for Ponyville' and 'JULP' be added to the list? CfP is important in Trixie's development as someone who is at least competent in political matters--IIRC, it's the first time she actually does something on the political scene of her own accord and makes some friends among nobility/castle people, so if we ever do ennoble her, it will likely be an important part of that. And JULP will likely influence the finale of S2, if only because Equestria's Minister of War being turfed is something that would likely be on folks' minds when Corona invades.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I'm not sure this is the proper thread to post suggestions like that in. As a post for new readers this should probably only be a informative list. Really I'm not even sure why this thread wasn't locked in the first place.

Regardless. I'd disagree about adding either story to the list, but as this is not the proper thread for an extended debate, I suggest we pick up the matter elsewhere.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Really I'm not even sure why this thread wasn't locked in the first place.

I was hoping that there would frequently be questions asked here, so that I could get a decent FAQ going.

Oh sweet Celestia how many words am I looking at to rewrite the story in my brain just to catch up?!

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Uh...a fair amount. I think over 500,000?

I can do that in 4 days.
If it's a good path.

Do I get to find out what happens with Twilight post Boast Busted?

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Yes. If you want to follow the "Twilight Saga", it's these stories:

Boast Busted
Elements of Insanity
A Chance Encounter
Countdown to Crisis
Crisis on Two Equestrias
Magic Tutor

Magic Tutor also has a story by Emeral Bookwise called A Final Crisis of Conscience reprinted in its entirety in the first chapter; I was only going to use a small part of it, but since it was only 1,300-is words I ended up using the whole thing.

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Can I request that my Galaxy Rangers stories be added? I have 7 stories now, and somepony PMed me confused in what order they are meant to be read. I would like a page that clears up any confusion. I will post the list below.

Galaxy Rangers: Season 1 (Non-Canon)
The Rangers Nevermore?
The White Raven
Anniversary of True Love
Magic School Zord
The Carrot Before the Storm
A Flutter of the Heart.
Secret Agent Dinky

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Sure, I’ll get to it when I get home from work in a couple hours - it’s hard to edit threads properly at work.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

Gah, sorry, forgot. Protip: don't work 10-hour shifts. They make you no brain gouda cheese.

Okay, let's see...right now I recommend you make a dedicated thread for me to link to explaining the idea of the Galaxy Rangers. At the moment I've put something on the main page and linked it to the general fanfictions, where I added in the stories above.

Oh, I also took the liberty of creating you your own sub-folder in the fan fiction section. Go Go Galaxy Rangers!

Rixizu
Group Contributor

Good idea! I created the thread here. Hopefully, this will clear up any future confusion. Thanks for the separate folder by the way. Very helpful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14