• Published 18th Jan 2013
  • 9,208 Views, 964 Comments

So I Heard You Like Music... - Higherbeach



Equestria, a magical land of talking ponies with various abilities and colors, and the humans that live amonst them thanks to the portals that have formed between their two worlds.

Comments ( 41 )

...Isn't this over? Done? Ka-poof?

4932199 It was, that is why I put up a blog linked to this story to hint that perhaps, I was going to do the Vinyl portion of it that I had thought about doing. This is the start of that portion.

4932199 He's doing an alternate path so to speak. Speaking of, I think when it comes to the period where the path splits Higher you should put an authors note the after readers want to see Sam with Octavia to continue or if they want to see him with Vinyl to skip ahead. Just an idea.

I have been looking forward to this alternate path for quite some time.

You have now made me one happy panda. :twilightsmile:

4932843 This is a different scenario in which Sam goes for Vinyl instead of Octavia.


4932412 you left in some notes of mine, although I should have pointed it out more explicitly :twilightsheepish:

by a town guard wearing the signature armor of the night watch (you mean the one from the show? Because you didn't mention the night watch before).

The one in Luna Eclipsed is what I meant.

Yes I love this story so much it's in my top five I'm so glad to see you making more chapter's

Not to sound whiny, but should't this be upload as another story? I'm mean they share the same universe, but are different time line so why not upload as a new story.

4933402 oh I see thanks for explaining xp

I am so psyched to see an alternate version starting! I can't wait to read more! :pinkiehappy:

Oh lord, why had this been updated? You trying to make me cry again Higherbeach?!?


~The Rift Walker

Emotional worries aside, this was definitely one of the best stories I've ever read.


~The Rift Walker

The start of another masterpiece huh? Can't wait to read more.

Glad to see you back, though I wonder why not just make a new story instead of adding new chapters to this one?

4936929 The main reason is I do not believe it would get an okay from moderators. It IS technically the same story, just it splits off at one point. If I made it a separate story, I would have to include things into it that are already here. Again, I just don't thing it would be approved by moderators.

I'm pretty sure alternate stories would be approved by the moderators and I thought you already made a beginning that is geared towards Vinyl more than Octavia. I know the moderators started cracking down on new uploaded fics nowadays but I doubt it would be rejected for being an off shoot of this story.

4943051 Guess I could always ask. The biggest problem being that the first few chapters would be EXACTLY the same. And that I know would not get approved. And something about starting it at the moment of the swap seems a little, off.

4943102
Even though the chapters would be exactly the same you could still make some changes to it, and I'm sure alternate stories or copying Pokémon and Megaman Battle Network style of split stories would still be accepted. It's just that you shouldn't keep reloading the same chapter for more views or page trafficking.

Finally your working on this again.:pinkiehappy: I knew you wanted to do a what if he pick Vinyl over Octavia story and I been wondering when will you be doing that.

That had to be the most beautiful story I have read in the past couple of years. You good Sir/Madam have my deepest feels and respect for such a fantastic work of words.

This is how I felt after finishing the story
static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111175529/4103136-4639250884-tumbl.gif

5518630 think of it this way white/light is good but it could be bad but people trust the white/light and not black/dark but black/dark could be the good guys while white/light is actually bad guys

this might be confusing buy oh well i understand 50% of what i just said

4951509 O.O HOLY SH#T *runs away* *knife flies through the air stabing me in the heart* *blood pours into a puddle around me* :pinkiecrazy:

5723322 They will be posted as I complete them and have them read through. Don't worry, more is on the way.

5730905
May your creativity flow without end

5780966 hooves on their feet, fur, tails, cutie marks, and the faces are like the cover picture.

5918035 Because technically, it isn't. I did originally end it, but now I am writing (or am trying to write) a second version along the lines of 'What if Sam fell for Vinyl instead of Octavia?'.

Hey just wondering but if they have cutie marks where are they and do you put detail into them?

6386669 The cutie marks are in no set location, though I hint that most are covered. They appear in a place that makes sense for a ponies talent, for instance, Pinkie's could be anywhere, but Sweetie's, should she be the singer we all know she is, would be around her neck where her vocal cords are.

6393058 that's a really cool concept :derpyderp2:

6432669 ah...i see you like the story ;3

6483858 I see that you are very observant

So when will this get a update?

6913663
Whenever I can make the story work. I had a few times sat down and written a few paragraphs, but had to scrap them cause they didn't fit what I wanted to happen.

This... This will end unpleasantly for us. I can feel it.

7428710 You don't know the half of it. If I ever get around to actually writing it.

8189594
Well, my story is literally in the 'inspired by' portion. I take no offense from the person who was more than a year behind me. :ajsmug:

Comment posted by Kyreese deleted Nov 30th, 2018
Login or register to comment