• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 16,539 Views, 500 Comments

Ingress: Vacation - Anonymous Pegasus



Rainbow Dash takes a vacation at a human-run resort. Naughtiness ensues.

Comments ( 52 )

Moved from favorites to honorable mentions.

Bravo! Really hope you do make a sequel can't wait to see how their relationship progresses :pinkiehappy:

What a journey! Without clop, it's a perfect blend of comedy, drama and philosophy all mixed into one great story. With clop, it's a motherfucking masterpiece! Thank you.

Here's to the possible sequel.
media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/streams/2013/June/130617/6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.jpg

Sequel sequel sequel!

Well done! I love this story, and i will love a sequel too!!

5339789
Moved from Favorites to Tracking back to Favorites:rainbowwild:

Damn, that's a nice ending, wrapped it up quite nicely.

5339871
Your story rocks, dude! Never doubt it.
Just one detail:

“I’ve been offered a position as the Wonderbolt’s personal masseuse. So I’m done with the hotel. Tell my father I said bye,” Lionel said with a wide smile. “I quit.”

Masseuse is female. Masseur is male.

Me gusta. I'd be happy to see a squeal in the future.

I love tank.

I love 'T'ank.

before it;s

before it's

her back wings

She has two sets of wings?:rainbowlaugh:
her back, wings

even further eyes widening

even further, eyes widening

So... I guess his last day on the job was a fucking good one?

I would like to see what goes on at LIonels new job. So I would love to see a sequel.

5341703 agrees with this 120%

true art work at it's best.
lets all hope for a sequel after all I am betting a job with the wonderbolts should be worthy of a few chapters.. ^_^
harts fire

Commence read.

Good for him then.

So Lionel became Dash's security blanket?

Anonymous Pegaus. Could you do me a favor and stop writing such amazing stories. I'm so sick of reading one of your works and loving it. I just want one crappy story from you. Is that so much to ask? :pinkiecrazy:

Seriously you're the best. :pinkiesad2:

5350011

I don't think I ever even made a single dirty joke until after I'd graduated high school

I finally got around to finish reading this and it was a very good story, especially with what Dash and Lionel had to talk about. I feel like that I might link people to that particular chapter as a reference of one of the view points about relationships. After I found out that the person I'm talking to is a brony and a clopper first, obviously.

5422301 And there's so many you haven't even read yet :pinkiecrazy:

I've spent 30 mins mulling over what to say, and honestly, i aint got much to say. The way the characters developed combined with all the philosophical relationship...crap seems to bring the story to a whole new level that I've not seen much of on fimfiction. Overall, it was well paced, maybe a bit too much sex, if possible, and a few grammer/spelling issues.

If anything, well done Anonymous Pegasus. Here's to hoping for a sequel in the new year.

MUST HAVE SEQUEL!!!

yahahahahahay!!!! They finally together!!! :pinkiehappy:

5862812 It's some new Spanish shit!

What is it with the ingress series and making the ponies insufferable bitches?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story, as I do your others, but Christ man, is it too much to ask for a character to be well adjusted? The emotional swings in this story...bipolar doesn't even begin to describe it.

Maybe I just don't get it, in which case I'm sorry, but damn dude, the way these two abuse each other is not conducive to a healthy relationship.

Am I just missing something?

THIS!

THIS is the reason why I read fanficiton. THIS is why wade through the neck-high quagmire of sub-standard trash. THIS. IS. A. REAL. STORY. Tackling life like a commando and coming out so refreshed, refined, stronger, faster and wiser. To see a TRUE journey unfold before my eyes with nothing but mere words.

This is why I read.

I have no award to give, for there is nothing that can equate this story's worth. What you have given me, nay-what you have given US, is LITERATURE!!! It has been YEARS of combing through the infinite dumpster of fanfiction since I have found something so real, so close to my heart, so tangible and perceptive such as THIS.

Thank you, so much, from the bottom of my heart.

The most I can actually bestow is my highest honor of becoming Reference Material. Truly, material of the highest caliber.

You have done a FUCKING, damn good job. Be proud, you magnificent Word Warrior.

And now because I am woefully inadequate with words, I need music to help convey my emotions.
Revile in my failure.

5873503
Yes, you're missing a lot. You're not the first, I wouldn't expect you to be the last and I understand. Really, don't feel bad. There's stuff I miss too until I sit on the crapper and then it hits me. :twilightsmile:

5873503 because they're people. Everyone is a little bit weird to you.

Every single person you see on the street does something every single fucking day that will boggle your mind. You'll see them do this thing and it'll hit you like a brick, that you cannot fathom how this person's mind works. And that's what I try to bring to all my characters.

What you call 'bipolar' is Rainbow's inability to quash her dominant, arrogant, and/or competitive streak. She wants Lionel, but she's too afraid to say so. Maybe she's even convincing herself a little bit that it's for the best that they don't ever get together. And that is warring with her jealous streak.

Even in the beginning, when she was talking like Rarity. She was doing that because she was winning. She was using carefully constructed sentences to defeat any argument Lionel could make, and utterly enjoying the fact that she could beat him down with her words. Like a lawyer convincing a defendant to implicate themselves in a crime by constructing carefully worded, leading statements.

Try reading it again, except go back with the knowledge that rainbow desperately wants to be loved but desperately doesn't want anyone to know it, and has even convinced herself a little bit that she doesn't need to be loved.

What you call bipolar, I call character.

5881556

Understood.

I understand Rainbows fears and such, but the way she goes about it has to be one of the more abraisive ways one could deal with internalized emotions. The way you wrote it is great, and fits her character, its just...infuriating at times.

I didn't mean to come off as aggressively as I did; I was running off of low sleep and getting pissy at the antics. One of my biggest deal-breakers/peeves are people who won't express their true feelings. It feels underhanded and deceitful to me, even if it might not be intentional. maybe Rainbow just reminded me of that.

Anyway, in short, it's not you, it's me.

5882689 Well, if her characterizations got to you enough that it pissed you off, then I consider that a success!

5883356

Quite a success.

Maybe there'll be a sequel. Who knows!

I hope so. I'd like to see more of the two of them.

Also, I saw this on another site before I came to Fimfiction. I wondered why there were no updates, guess it's because you moved here.

This was actually a rather shockingly clever story. It starts by trying to trick you into thinking it's just your average run of the mill shallow clopfic (with some very well written clop throughout, kudos) but then it suddenly starts getting...better. Even the shallowness it turns out was there for a reason and it turned out to be something much deeper. I can honestly say I enjoyed this for far more than it's smutty elements and I do hope there is more to come. Spike's moustache approves of your shenanigans :moustache:

6152672 Thank you for taking the time to inform me of this phrasing, I'll make sure to tuck it away for reference when I'm reading other stories!

6270366 dude I wasn't being serious :trollestia: most people play along

5356661
You wanted a crappy story so bad you just went ahead and wrote your own then aye? :trollestia:*

Mate, if you can stand to drag your eyes through another of AP's Ingress tales, I hesitantly suggest having a sticky beak at his latest: Co-opted Consort although if your looking for crappy you may want to give it a miss. (With you being privy to my personal history) you should work out pretty flamin' quickly why it holds so much appeal to me. :unsuresweetie:

You have mates,
PhucknuckL :scootangel:

*Just pullin' ya pud, you know how much I love you your work.

6577892
Lol. I have that one in my read later list. Waiting for it to be finished.

You wanted a crappy story so bad you just went ahead and wrote your own then aye? 

Exactly! I was tired of seeing AP fill this site with amazing works, so I decided to fill it with some trash to level it out. :rainbowkiss:

6578018
Mission accomplished! :pinkiehappy:

6576597
Stuffed if I know why but we seem to be disproportionately popular in here, not me of course, I'm a nobody, but other Aussies speak of interactions supporting the claim.

A handy documentary series for those of you that have had the misfortune of chatting with an Australian and had to google every second they use.

6205471 That was so hard to figure out, that when I saw it I was like

Just kidding.......

This one is honestly one of my favorites out of all the others.

7704854
I have run out of Fnaf wank material, give me the 6. I want the 6.

oh sweet jesus its kyle the scrub lord.:pinkiecrazy:

I would definitely read a sequel.

Please sweet Jesus let there be a sequel!

I definitely think there should be a sequel. I wanted to know if things were going to work out between Lionel and Rainbow Dash.

Just realized that I've reread this story for a year or two now when I'm bored. This is absolutely one of the best Dashie fics on the site, and you should really be proud of it.
Hope to see some more from you eventually, I hope you can do Octavia's story. Her character is so different, but I think you definitely have the skills to nail it.
Take my Favorite you beautiful bastard! :yay:

Login or register to comment