• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 8,828 Views, 205 Comments

Harmony of the Heart - Archivist Nightwatch



Heartbroken Spike finds love where he never expected.

  • ...
28
 205
 8,828

6. Royal Visit (FINISHED & Unedited)

“NNOOOOOO I DON'T WANT TO BE A PRINCESS!!”

Sweetie Belle shot up the stairs and into the bathroom of the library. Leaving a shocked group of ponies sitting there watching the stairs. “Twilight?”

“Yes Princess?”

“Do you have any idea what just happened?”

“No Princess. I don't.”

Rarity sat there with her mouth hanging open her eyes literally bugging out of her head before she whipped around and hit the floor in a deep bow. “Please forgive my sister Your Highness. I have no idea what came over her.” She pleaded with the Alicorn of the Sun.

While expecting a reply from Princess Celestia, Rarity instead got a reply from Princess Luna. “He he. Normally I am the ones the ponies run away from as fast as they can. Personally I find it a little refreshing having it happen to my sister instead of me.” Celestia turned and gave Luna a flat stare. “What? Its true.”

Giving a slight eye roll Celestia started climbing the stairs. “One moment everyone. I will go see what the trouble is and attempt to wrangle her back downstairs.” With the assurance given Celestia approached the bathroom door. Bringing her voice down low and with the most reassuring tone she could Celestia spoke through the door. “Sweetie Belle can I speak with you please?” Starting with a small whimper she got the OK to enter.

Sweetie Belle was hidden in the shower with the curtain closed. Slowly Celestia approached the young filly and sat on the small rug just outside of the shower. “Sweetie Belle, why did you suddenly scream when you saw us?”

Sweetie sat there chewing on her bottom lip slowly thinking of how she wanted to respond. Slowly she spoke, “I thought you were gonna take me to Canterlot to be a princess.”

“Now Sweetie Belle I wouldn't take you and force you to be a princess. First of all I wouldn't do something like that without your permission and second I believe that you think just because Spike is going to be a prince soon you will to. I hate to put it this way but you wouldn't be a princess until you married him.”

Sweetie looked up slightly confused before asking, “Wait Spike is going to be a prince?” Celestia looked at the small filly with confusion.

“Well yes why else would you think you would be a princess? I mean unless your a member of the Noble Family you would have to be an Alicorn to be a princess and last time I checked you didn't have wings.” Sweetie stared at the ground with what Celestia thought was remorse until Sweetie Belle looked up. The look in her eyes displayed a range of emotions. The most prominent was anxiety while below that was fear and was that humor? Celestia couldn't understand why Sweetie Belle thought something about that was funny. Until Sweetie spoke next then she understood.

“If I show you a secret will you keep it for a little bit?” Sweetie asked the Alicorn of the Sun.

“Of coarse. Now how did that go... ah yes. Cross my heart and hope to fly, Stick a Cupcake in my eye... though to tell the truth I would rather eat it.” Celestia stated with a small giggle from both of them.

“OK. You know how Spike is now all long and looks different?” Celestia nodded to the fillies question. “Well he wasn't the only one that looks a bit different after last night.” Celestia looked at the filly with a bit of confusion. She wasn't sure what Sweetie meant by that statement until Sweetie reached down and unbuttoned her cloak. As it slipped to the ground Celestia's eyes grew to dinner plate proportions... well for about 5 seconds before they slowly rolled into the back of her head and she fell over backward into a dead faint.

Sweetie Belle quickly leaped out of the shower and began to poke Celestia trying to get her to wake up. “Princess? Hey Princess. Are you OK?” She asked still trying to wake her. Knowing that the Princess was out like a light she only had one option. Using her magic she turned on the shower and collected a ball of water about the size of an average ponies head and levitated it over the Princess. With a quick release the magic holding the ice cold water completely soaked Celestia, who bolted up screeching like she had been stabbed in the rump with a sewing needle.

“Oh I just had the weirdest dream...”Celestia trailed off as she looked down at the young alicorn. “OK... so maybe it wasn't a dream. Might I ask when this occurred?” Sweetie Belle looked at her hooves while pawing at the ground timidly before answering.

“It happened last night when I found Spike depressed about being turned down by my sister. I felt so bad that I wanted to cheer him up, so I sang him a song from deep in my heart.” Sweeties face started to glow red as she continued her story of what occurred the previous night. Celestia's face held what most would considered the best poker face in existence as she listened to the touching story all the while looking over the young alicorn. She made note of the Cutie Mark now adorning the young fillies flank and mentally started trying to decipher what the small bell and notes meant.

“Your wondering what my Cutie Mark means don't you?” Celestia blinked. Maybe her poker face could use a little work. Though it hadn't failed her before so she was slightly confused as to how the young alicorn was able to figure her out. “Its emotions.” Celestia blinked at the answer the filly gave. “Princess Cadance is the Princess of Love, she has total control over all aspects of love. I on the other hoof can hear the emotions a pony is experiencing. Like now I can hear your emotions raging in your soul. You are scared by what a new Alicorn means, you are curious as to what I mean by hearing the emotions, your a little agitated that you can't get a word in edgewise, sorry by the way, and your if I am not mistaken a little excited that there is another alicorn.” Sweetie looked up into Celestia's face with a gaze that seemed to stretch through Celestia and into her very being. Personally it crept out Celestia a little bit but she kept her silence and motioned for Sweetie to continue her explanation. Sweeties eyes slowly focused back on Celestia and she continued on. “Now I told you I could HEAR emotions and that is exactly what I do. I always could but I wasn't able to put it into words or understand what the song meant.”

“Now let me explain each pony's soul sings a song to the world, this song is unique for everypony but changed constantly with what the pony is currently feeling. The tempo and tune changes slightly whenever anypony's emotions change.” Sweetie blushed and ducked her head a little before continuing. “I still don't understand it all yet and can't do it reliably without focusing on the pony for a while but this is what I was able to sort it out since I woke up this morning and had to walk through town.” Sweetie finished with a nervous grin.
Celestia stared down at the little filly in admiration. She had in the less than a days time gone through more than most ponies have in their lives, the exception being 6 ponies and 1 dragon currently living in this town and 2 alicorns other than herself living in Canterlot. This little filly had in less that 24 hours gotten her Cutie Mark, Ascended into Alicornhood, gotten a colt friend, and had learned how to use a part of her Alicorn domain. She also felt slightly sad at what she had to do. Looking down at the small filly she said one small sentence that would forever change Sweetie's life.

“I am sorry my little princess.”

Author's Note:

Finished this bad boy up. needs editing of coarse so if anyone is interested in editing it send me a message.

Comments ( 62 )

Looking good so far hopefully you'll be able to get this chapter done though this story would make a pretty good arc for the MLP FIM series considering that the harmony dragon storyline so far seems interesting plus it makes for great character development for both Spike and Sweetie Belle and Sweetie Belle finally gets her cutie mark I wonder how the other crusaders are going to react once they find out about Sweetie Belle's transformation? I wonder how long this story is going to be anyway seeing that there's alot of information needed for the Harmony Dragon it's seems that this might take awhile.

3511506 well i can say this i don't expect this STORY to end for about 5+ more chapters after that though i plan on sequel where the first 2 or 3 chapters go along with the coronation of twilight but with the added sweetie and spike on that. Also i have a little plan to have the other crusaders get there cutie marks with sweeties help before they find out.

>> Archivist Nightwatch Well that's good to know I kinda figured that this was going to be a long storyline and since you mention sequels it's going to be more exciting to read. Wait will Twilight become an alicorn in this story since you mention Twilight's coronation?

3511567 yes i won't explain everything in the comments but it will come up in the next chapter or so. I have it planed out. She is still gonna become a alicorn. And as far as placement goes this is gonna be somewhere maybe between season 2 and 3 or maybe between the begining of s3 to the end of it.

I could add more chapters now tht i think of it where spike a sweetie go to the crystal empire with the mane 6 and help them.

I like how you have errors in your description.

I love the story :heart: I could not keep from laughing and the way you wrote it made me want to keep reading till I finished it :fluttercry: I can not wait for more:twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

3511672 again i don't have an editor.

3511737

I could be an editor for you if you need one.

Oh god Celestia fainted wow! LOL!

Celestia: Mother of me! :twilightoops:

have to ask did this make front page or something because in the past 2 hours this story shot up 42 faves.

i like it, I like it a lot *squee*

Yeah it needs work, like you said. Funny ending though!

3511628

Now that's a bang-up idea: How does having a Harmony Dragon in their collective mist change the Crystal Empire? Spike, for all intensive purposes, is the savior/hero/Messiah of the Crystal Empire--he's the one that recovered the Crystal Heart and indirectly rescued them from slavery by returning with their rightful ruler, Princess Cadence. I am just about giddy beyond belief how the crystal ponies would react when they realize that their savior has returned, and not just that, he's returned with his potential bride, who is also an Alicorn like the crystal Princess.....I guess at that point Prince Spike would be basically official, since he's a prince already in all but title....

Wait so if sweetie bell is a alicorn now and spike's species live as long as there mate then isn't spike gonna live forever now since sweetie is emortal now?

3511737
The best editors are strangers. :ajsmug:

3517031 got it in one. was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that.

This is one of the better stories on here its a shame that it not as well known on here as it should be!

Well, this fanfic is pretty good. It does need some work, but overall it's not too shabby.

If you need help, may I suggest The Proofreader Group?

3518458

I guess they have inside them blood of kings now.

This fic I enjoy it GREATLY:yay:

3605968
There, there, it's okay.
There's always another chance to annoy someone until they do what you want...
I don't think I said that quite right.

3606565 No, I think that just about sums it up :moustache:

And yes, we need to do that.

I cannot wait to see what happens next!

Does anyone here speak German? because I would love to know what these guys are saying about my story... all i know is its linked in the description of the video so it got me wondering.

3926816 LOL they say make more chapters!!! :trollestia: No I lie I have no idea.

3945435 working on it. I have someone proofreading it right now and am working on the next chapter when i have free time from work.

3946044 Awe I am just messing with you man.

3957070 working on it. this chapter is literally the hardest i can see because there is so much stuff i have no idea how to do. I have to have everyone thats in the house find out that sweetie is an alicorn... you can guess yes Celestia will name both her and Spike prince and princess but from point 1 to point 6 there is the 4 other numbers that i have to fill out.

after this i have a whole plethora of stuff to do. and want to do.

its comments like all these that leave me with warmth in my heart.. I am off tommorow so I plan to sit down get some handcuffs and handcuff myself to the computer till the next chapter or 2 is done.

Please my good pony! We must be punctual about these chapters!

4027331

Glad to hear you're doing well!! And I'm still looking forward to it. I can't wait to see what all ponies in the room react at Sweetie Belle's alicornization. We have seen it a little bit where Rarity basically went slightly bonkers knowing that her younger sister is now basically Spike's special somepony and soulmate, not to mention still a bit sorrowful about how she felt about her and Spike prior to this.

But as much as Rarity went nutty at seeing the concurrent magic between Spike and Sweetie Belle, she's about to lose her head when she discovers that her little sister is an alicorn now, and royalty---as much so as royal as Princesses Celestia and Luna, and now Prince Spike.

Somehow thought, even though Rarity was never gonna be his special somepony, I still think that Prince Spike is more than happy to help Rarity out when needed---especially with trying to penetrate that eccentric Canterlot inner circle. He still feels that he is Rarity's good friend, he just has to remove his ideas of romance with Rarity from his mind, since he has Sweetie Belle now.

This story isn't d-dead is it.

can anyone explain how Spike's ascension cause sweetie to become an alicorn when in the book about dragons it said that the last harmony dragon's mate was a earth pony mare?:rainbowhuh::rainbowhuh:


4232781

Basically it was Spike chose Sweetie it just so happened that sweetie was already close to being an alicorn. So when Sweetie helped spike she ascended. Spike choosing her had nothing to do with her changing.

4251578 you lost me when you said that sweetie was close to ascending to being an alicorn:applejackconfused:
sorry:twilightblush:

4251578 when I brought up the situation of the previous dragon, I was confused because from what we were told the earth pony mare didn't ascend at all like what happened to sweetie.
but just ignore my critic of that logic an continue on with this great story

4251739 your gonna learn in a little bit why sweetie ascended. the funny thing is i have not this next chapter but the 2 after that one written its this 1 next chapter i am having trouble with.

4252759 do you need an editor or some help at all?

4254926 eh let me get a bit taken care of some good friends just pulled me into a project they are working on for something of theirs but i HOPE to get back into this soon.

4257015 well whenever you need any help or would like some one to edit the chapters just send the drafts over to me and I can either just give a review, or I can put in the edits directly into your story.
you choice, that is if you want to:fluttershysad:

when is the new chapter coming out?:fluttershysad:

YES! UPDATE!

5091112 THIS THis is what i was hoping would pop up thank you good sir for making me feel like this story was worth something.

“I am sorry my little princess.”

That one line says little, but it says a hell of a lot at the same time. Who said that a picture's worth a thousand words? Obviously this means that Sweetie has to eventually take her place as one of the reigning Alicorn Princesses, along with Celestia, Luna, and Cadence of the Crystal Empire. Don't forget Spike as well---since he is a discovered to be a Harmony Dragon, and an ascended one at that, it probably means that when he is of age, he will relocate to Canterlot with his mate and the other Alicorns.

I just hope that Celestia has the heart to tell Sweetie Belle the truth....don't sugarcoat anything, since the newest Alicorn can kinda feel where you may be attempting to lie to her for her sakes. After all, the short conversation seemed to me that she doesn't quite understand all that has happened to her. In Sweetie's mind, all she knows is that she wanted to make Spike feel better because he was heartbroken, and she did the one thing she could do for him---sing to his heart and be there for him. Nopony could ever see this coming...her song to heal Spike's heart unlocked Spike's dormant powers that even he didn't know about, and also as a result of that, and her connection to Spike, it transformed her into an Alicorn (the book did say that the harmony dragon and his mate will stay for as long as the mate is there, the dragon dies not long after his/her mate dies, so maybe the Alicornization is there where Spike and Sweetie Belle will be there for all eternity.

I just know that it is gonna be great how Tia's gonna explain this: and not just to herself, but to Spike, Twilight, and Rarity. :trollestia:

Login or register to comment