• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 1,848 Views, 15 Comments

The Grey - Pony-Fighter



After the battle Nightmare Moon, the last human was force into immortality and was cursed to fall into darkness. For a thousand years he could not find the cure he was looking for. Until new hope is found in Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,848

Battle of the Night: Part 2

The Everfree Forest. No Pony has ever set hoof in it cause of the many dangers and the unnatural stir fear into the hearts of almost any living beings. Hearing hoof steps in the forest, six mares ran through the roads as their legs can carry them. Twilight trying to ponder on what Chris had said.

"Trust in each other, follow the signs?" Said the lavender pony. "What does he mean by that?"

Applejack looking afraid as she looks at the dark forest trees. "Ah don't know Twi'," she said a little frightened. "But this forest is just ain't natural. Folks say this place doesn't work like Equestria does."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Rarity starting to frighten. An orange light began to glow on the cliff side where they stand.

"No Pony knows," Rainbow Dash said in a spooky tune as she floats from the shadows. Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie began to look afraid as the back away from Rainbow Dash. "Do you know why?"

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack protests.

"Because anypony enters the EverFree Forest." the speed mare took a pause for suspense. "No Pony ever comes...OUT!"

The ground beneath their hooves began to shake and crumble. Causing a rock slide and the Ponies to fall and slide on the cliff side. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were the only ones who fly and watch their friends fall and slide.

"Fluttershy quick!" Rainbow dives for Pinkie Pie.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness." Fluttershy dove down and grabbed Rarity.

Applejack and Twilight continued to slide down as the edge began to come closer to them. The cowmare uses her muzzle to grab on a root. Twilight was unfortunate grasped onto a ledge for her dear life. Applejack looks down and lets go of the root and slides down slowly. "Hold on, I'm coming."

Twilight struggles as she tries to use her rear hooves to grasp ground. She looks up to find Applejack to stand in front of her, using her front hooves to try to pull her up. "Applejack, what do I do?" she desperately needs help from the cowmare.

Applejack grits her teeth as she pulls Twilight up. She opens one of her eyes to look up and then look at Twilight. "Let go." she said in a serious tone.

"What!" The lavender mare in shock. "Are you nuts!?" she said in disbelief.

"Twilight, just let go, Trust me." Applejack looked into Twilight's eyes, showing her to trust her.

Twilight didn't argue anymore and lets go. As she falls, she closes her eyes to not see it coming...though it was taking a long time for her to crash to the ground. She opens her eyes to see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy holding on to her as they descend to the ground. She let out sigh of relief. "Thanks gir-whoop!" she let out a jolt of freight when they descend a little too quickly but got back their flight levels.

"Sorry." Fluttershy apologizes. "I can only care more than a bunny." she admits with little embarrassment.


The immortal and his Pony wife stood their ground as they watch the smoke cleared at where Nightmare Moon stands. The dark Alicorn didn't seem to be fazed by the attack as she lets out a light chuckle. "My, my. You humans are always full of surprises as I remember." she said as she steps out of her little crater and stares at his cursed arm. "But you're still handicapped, this I will savor ending your pitiful immortal life."

Before she could step forward, a blur of orange shot at Nightmare Moon, causing the dark mare to be blasted back. The orange blur bounces off on impact and lands next to Chris. The orange light fade to reveal Wheela, taking her stance to battle. "If you want him, your going to have to go through me first." her wings bright light.

Nightmare Moon got up and snorts. "And who are you little insect, here to fight his battles?" she growls at her attacker. She then looks down to her left hoof to see a wedding band, and looks up to Chris's right hand's ring finger which also is a wedding band. "A married couple? Good, I'm going to enjoy hearing you scream in pain as the immortal fool will watch you suffer." Her eyes glow bright green and lighting bolts fly at them.

Chris swung his staff with ease, deflecting the lighting bolts with an invisible force. The dark mare's eyes widen. "First off, you will never lay a hoof on my wife." he said as he balled his cursed hand to a fist causing dark orange flames to flick between his fingers. "And second, I'm capable to fight my share of warfare." He opens the flaming palm and slaps down on the ground. Beneath Nightmare Moon, she looks down and fire exploded like a volcano, shooting her up to the skies.

The immortal turns to Wheela and nods. She smiles and takes to the sky with her wings are bright with orange light, a mirage of two swords appear and swoops pass Nightmare Moon to deliver a blow. Nightmare Moon wasn't wounded, but felt the impact and spun a bit. The dark Alicorn growls "You little insect," her eyes glowed green again, dark lightning bolts are sent ablaze at the Pegasus.

Wheela flies quickly as the lighting missed her by a hair line and dodges another lighting. Though Nightmare Moon didn't pay attention to the Grey. A white beam of light shot out and hit the dark Alicorn. She yelped in pain as she flies back and looks down. Chris opens his book with his left hand as a white light is released. He looks up to Nightmare Moon and seven beams of light shot out and flied towards her.

"Ignorant fools." she took evasive action and flies off as the seven beams followed her like missiles. She looks back and turns around and flaps her wings to release a misty shadow, swallowing the beams of light. She laughs and her shadowy mists swirls and the beams of light were turned to darkness, turning his own attacks against both of them.

"Wheela, get behind me!" Chris warns his wife as she flies down and gets behind him on ground level. He lift his sealed hand and each dark beam is swallowed in his palm. He grunts as the last beam is swallowed and looks up to Nightmare Moon. The sealed arm began to pulse with a dark orange aura around his left side. Dark markings began to creep up his left side of the neck to his left cheek.

"Chris?" Wheela saw the markings as she is worried for him, She could tell the outcome may not be very...unpleasant for her husband. She began to hear Nightmare Moon's laugh with satisfaction.

"The curse is taking it's toll on you already?" The dark mare smiles at the Grey. "Already a thousand years and the limits of your seals have already diminished."

Chris cracks his neck to loosen the joints, to hear bones popping it's joints. He began to glow of white and black and his body glows, his body started to levitate and shot up to the air. Wheela follows as they level to Nightmare Moon. "We will stop you Nightmare, even if I have to turn my self into the very monster I will become." he said as his left palm began to glow from dark orange to a dark red flame. Wheela's wings glows as her phantom blades glow again and charges at Nightmare Moon. The dark mare laughs as eyes glow green with dark green lightning surrounds her body and charges at the Greys. They began to clash into each other. The powers of light and darkness shower into the sky.


The six mares continue running through the forest. That is until they heard a mighty roar up the road. They all look at to see a very large lion with large bat wings and a scorpion tail, roars with anger and charges at them.

The manticore was about to attack, but something got on it's back and let out a "Yee-Ha!" It was Applejack. The manticore growls and began try to thrash around, that is until he finally got Applejack off of it, sending her flying back to her firends. "All yours." she said to Rainbow Dash as she flown by.

"Wait!"

"Bring it on!" Rainbow dives at the beast as she flies round the manticore, fast enough to surround it in a tornado. But with on sweep of it's scorpion tail. It swatted Rainbow Dash away like it was nothing and was slammed back to the group.

"Wait." Fluttershy tries to protest to them, but she was so quiet to work up the nerve.

Twilight snorts and the rest of them charge at the manticore, as the beast charges head on at the mares. Something inside of Fluttershy just burst out and flies between the mares and manticore. "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" Fluttershy shouts out loud, causing everyone stop at their tracks. Fluttershy turns to the manticore with her eyes looking at it as she shows she means no harm. "What's wrong?" The manticore looked like in pain and shows her its palm to have a splintering thorn. The other mares, including Twilight saw it. "I see, now don't worry, let me take care of that." She uses her muzzle to grab the thorn and plucks it out.

The manticore roars with its paw raised and to strike at the gentle soul. "FLUTTERSHY!" her friends tried to warn her. Though they didn't expect for it to be so...gentle? The manticore didn't harm Fluttershy as it licks her with affection.

Rarity got out of her shock and awe and nods her friends to pass by the power housed beast. As they do, the manticore puts Fluttershy down, letting her walk with her friends. "How did you know?" Twilight tries to understand.

"I didn't," Fluttershy answers with a smile. "It just takes a little kindness."

The manticore and the thorn disappeared in a yellow light when the mares left out of sight.


In the night sky, two lights, one orange and one grey shot out like shooting stars, attacking a dark violet light shooting star. The light collide and the two lights of good withdrew and attack Nightmare Moon again. Chris grunts as his left cursed arm began to grow even more, spikes began to spawn from his shoulder after his fist is engulfed with dark purple flames and charges at Nightmare Moon.

"Come at me!" Nightmare Moon taunts him with her horn glowing with dark green lightning and charges head on at him.

Wheela flew away to get clear from the blast from the powerful attacks, she chose right. The attacks collide, creating a large shockwave in the air, but it didn't reach far as it made it's way to the entrance of the Everfree Forest. The Orange mare, wife of The Grey shook of the branches and flies next to Chris. She gasp to see the condition he is in now. "Chris?"

"I'm alright," Chris denies it and looks up to Nightmare Moon.


The Mares ran through a dark Forest, they heard a bang and they felt shaken from the shock wave. "What was that?" Rarity now scared as she looks around.

"It must be the battle." Rainbow dash said looking up as she floats near the group. "They must be getting closer...or losing." she felt worried.

"Then we better hurry." Twilight said and moves forward.

Fluttershy quivers as she looks a the dark forest as she passes by them. "This t-trees look s-scary." she said timid at the trees.

The forest does to be more spookier than before, the trees are dark as they look like mouths with teeth, Dark red lights are shown to have horrid faces, causing Futtershy to hid behind Applejack.

One by one, tree by tree, reveals a horrid face that is shown to eat the ponies. The mares scream and panic as they coward to each other for support. Only one certain cotton candy bubble gum furred mare giggles and laughs from the terrifying trees.

"Pinkie!" Applejack yells at her. "This isn't the time to laugh!?"

When I was a little filly and the sun was going down... Pinkie Pie started to sing

Twilight looks at Pinkie. "Tell me she's not...

The darknes and the shadows, they would always make me frown...

"She is." Rarity answers Twilights answer.


She sees Chris levitating up to the skies to her level and Wheela ascends next to her husband, their armor rented with cuts all over their bodies. Chris wasn't looking too good as black scales spread across his half of his body, a horn grew on the left side of his head as his left eye glows dark read.

"Do you two think you can take me on?" she looks at them...her eyes widened. "Unless, a distraction?" she turns to the direction of the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. "The old castle? Well, I'm impress with you two, too bad this will be your last moments together in the eternal night." She flies off to the old castle.

"We need to stop her!" Wheela said as her wings glow again, but this time, her light swords look blunt and chipped as she flies after her with Chris behind her, the seal began to weaken, but he ignores it as he tries to stop her.


"Mustache."

"Mostache."

"Mustache."

"Mostache."


Chris raises his strange claw form his sealed hand and slams down on Nightmare Moon to the ground to try to hold. Wheela dives down as the light swords pointed down upon the dark Alicorn.

"ENOUGH!" she release a massive energy, for them the heroes to be pushed away from the energy. Wheela was grasped by her throat by the misty mane. "You have been a thorn on my back side long enough, though I'll admit." she leans to her ear. "You dear, Husband is attractive," she pulls away, Wheela struggles free. "When he turns to his full dark potential, the mighty Grey, shall be my Dark Night."

"N-never!" Wheela struggles, her wings desperate with the light swords trying to strike at her.

Nightmare only lets out a chuckle. Her horn glows to reveal a replica of Wheela's light blades. "This ability of yours is quite interesting," The light sword changed to dark purple, solidifying into a broadsword. "I would love to pass this on to my child."

"Let go of my WIFE!" Chris roars in a demonic voice, and shot out to Nightmare Moon with his large arm. But he didn't realize they were heading towards to the ancient Castle. They wrestle each other as Wheela join in the fight.


"No" Rainbow Dash said to the false WonderBolts. "I'm going to help my friends," the three false Wonderbolts looked at her in shock. "Take your offer and BUCK OFF!"

The false WonderBolts vanished into black smoke. Rainbow Dash snorts and turns around and grabs the snapped rob from the broken bridge and ties it up. "Alright girls, I got the bridge fixed."

The ponies crossed the bridge and look at Rainbow Dash. "What happened?" Applejack said to the Cyan pony.

"Nothing." Rainbow Dash said. "Nothing happened at all."

The mares shrugged off the thought and head off to the ancient Castle. The mares stayed together so they can keep each other safe. The deeper they enter, the more suspense it became for them.

The six Ponies have entered the main room to find a tall altar made of stone. On top of the tip, are five stones attached to the alter. "This is it, the Elements, of Harmony?"

Pinkie counted the elements. "Two, Three, Four." she gasped. "There's only five of them?"

"Where's the sixth?" Rarity wonders.

Twilight steps closer to the Elements. "It said, that the five elements can bring in the sixth."

Crash!

The six mares look up to see the wall burst and crash to the altar, the five balls of stone fall. Rarity and Twilight acted quickly, grabbing them with their magic with the help of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy to grab them in the air to slow the fall.

They gently put the Elements down on the ground and turn to the altar as the smoke began to clear. Wheela was thrown from the smoke and lands next to the Elements, Nightmare Moon stood tall with victory, and down beneath her hoof as Chris, the Immortal Grey, laying there lifeless as a dark broadsword is embedded through his chest and through the ground.

"At last," Nightmare Moon laughs in victorious. "The mighty Grey has Fallen."

Chris turns his head to Wheela, seeing his eyes began to see light, the dark curses began to sink back to his left arm, that there is no use while there is no living host. Wheela looked at him in horror, her husband killed in front of her eyes, her eyes began to water and tears fallen, letting out a cry. "CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!"

Author's Note:

FINALLY! I have finish another chapter of They Grey!, I hope you like my story, review if you want more?

Comments ( 6 )

3622245

yeah I know, just think of all of the free time I had over the few months to think about?

I swear to god
If you turn him into a pony...

3644420

Oh please, that would make my ideas plummet, Besides, that would make my last human pointless

6760208
that's what you think

Login or register to comment