• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 1,847 Views, 15 Comments

The Grey - Pony-Fighter



After the battle Nightmare Moon, the last human was force into immortality and was cursed to fall into darkness. For a thousand years he could not find the cure he was looking for. Until new hope is found in Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,847

Battle of the Night: Part 1

Nightmare Moon laughs evilly as her misty mane swirls over the ceiling of Town Hall, lightning bolts form and strikes near the Audience. Chris the Grey forms a white light shield to stop the lightning from harming anypony.

"Cease her!" Mayor Mare orders as three Pegasus Royal Guards fly towards her. "Only she knows where the Princess is!"

"Stand back you fools!" Nightmare Moon's eyes blow green, commanding the lighting to strike the Royal Guards, blasting them back against the wall. She the turns into a black smoke form and escapes through the doors.

Rainbow Dash now release from her Applejack and dashes of after her and stops a few meters away from Town Hall. Then she realizes when she looks at the night. "The night forever?" she said to herself when she then sees Twilight with a sleeping Spike on her back, running off the library. "Where's she going?" she follows quietly.


Chris drops his barrier and kneels down as he breaths heavily. "Boy am I getting old." he said as he gets up.

Mayor Mare gallops to him. "Are you alright?" she said in concern.

Chris shakes his head. "No, not while Nightmare Moon is roaming the lands," he said looking at the open doors, "Get everypony back to their homes and stay indoors." Mayor Mare nods and gets to the stage.

Wheela with Scootaloo half-asleep on her back walks up to her husband. "What are we going to do?"

"We're going home." Chris said as he taps his staff on the ground, and in a bright white light, they appear in Scootaloo's room, back in their home.

"But what about (Yawn) Nightmare Moon?" Scootaloo yawns as she tries to stay awake.

Chris shakes his head and picks Scootaloo up from Wheela's back and places the little filly in her bed. "Don't worry little one, just let the grown ups take care of her." he said softly before kissing her forehead.

"But I want to help" she said with her front hooves hug her Spitfire WonderBolt plushy.

"No can do Scootaloo, We can't have our little Wonderbolt sleeping in battle." Wheela said after kissing her daughters forehead as well. Scootaloo tries to stay awake but now succumbs to sleep and snores quietly. The mare and human tip toe out the door, making sure their little one isn't disturbed.

Wheela walks down the hall and stops to wait for Chris. "Do you think you can handle Nightmare Moon?"

Chris closes the door quietly as he looks to his wife. "No, not alone." he said honestly as he looks at his sealed hand.

Wheela walks up to him and places her hoof to his hand. "Then I'm coming with you." Chris was about to protest but was silence. "Don't think your getting off easily, just because I'm a mother." her wings began to glow bright yellow. "That doesn't mean my skills haven't faded."

Chris smiles and kisses his wife's lips. "I knew there's a reason I married you."

Wheela giggles and deepens the kiss and leans to his ear. "Better suit up dear, the sooner we stop Nightmare Moon," her voice began to turn haughtily, "the sooner we have our night." she lets him off and sways her hips as she walks to the armory, causing the Grey mage to blush madly like an apple and follows her.

-Earlier-

Spike was dropped on his little bed with his eyes half asleep. "But we need to stop Nightmare..." He then stops when he's now fast asleep and a blanket is loped on him.

"Sorry Spike." Twilight apologizes to her assistant. "But you are a baby dragon after all." she said and walks out the door of their room before turning out the lights. The Lavender Unicorn use her magic to levitate the books. "Elements, elements, elements." she said as she threw a book on after another. "Ugh, how can I stop Nightmare Moon without the Elements of Harmony?" she said before she was face to face with a cyan Pegasus.

"And just what are the Elements of Harmony?" Rainbow Dash interrogates Twilight. "And how do you know about Nightmare Moon huh? Are you a spy?" but she was interrupted by Applejack who pulls her tail.

"Simmer down Sally she ain't no spy." said the orange mare with Pinky Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy walk in behind her. "But she sure know what's going on. Don't you Twilight?" she said as the mares' eyes turn to Twilight.

Twilight thought for a moment and sighs. "I've read all of the predictions of Nightmare Moon, some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her." she said as she looks up to her window looking at the moon. "But I don't know what they are, where to find them, I don't even know what they do?"

"Elements of Harmony, a Reference guide." said Pinkie reading a book cover's spine from a book shelf.

Twilight pushes Pinkie aside and looks at the book. "How did you find that?" she said in disbelief.

"It was under EEEEEeeeeeee." Pinkie sings as she bounces around.

"Oh." Twilight said in an flat tone. She then uses her magic to lift the book and opens as she flips through the pages. "There are six Elements of Harmony, but only five are known. Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty and Loyalty, the Sixth is a complete mystery." she then pauses as they are unknown about a black mist sneaking outside of the window. Twilight looked closer to the book and her eyes widened.

"Well?" Rarity now in eager. "Don't keep us in suspense, what else does it say?"

Twilight turns to her new friends. "That's just it, there's nothing in here about the location of the Elements." she said looking closer to her book. "It said the Grey was the only one entrusted to safeguard the Elements of Harmony, that way, no Pony will hold such power, not even Princess Celestia herself after sealing her sister to the moon."

"They Grey?" The five local Pony's pondered for a moment but then they all remembered. "CHRIS!" they all dashed out the door.

"Wait, WHAT!?" Twilight follows them, She finally catches up to their pace next to Rarity. "You know the Grey?"

"Well, he's more of neighbor then the Grey darling," the gentle mare said as the six headed down the road. But unknown to them, they were being followed by a night like mist.


Chris had put on his silver and black armor. The silver armor only covers is right shin to boot, his right forearm now guarded and over his chest plate. The black armor is equipped on his left shoulder and all the way down to his cursed hand. The seals began to glow orange lines, making him grunt in pain when the armor began to merge into his skin as his finger tips pointed sharp claws. He gasps I air from the pain and calms down to feel a hoof on his shoulder.

He turns to his wife Wheela to see her in golden armor similar to the royal guards. Her front legs are plated with blue gems attached to her knee guards, and her purple mane let loose through her helmet. "It's getting stronger...isn't it?"

Chris didn't respond, but he places his real hand to the side of her face. "Yes, but as long as you and Scootaloo are with me." he takes her hoof off his shoulder by his cursed arm and places it to his heart. "I'm not letting it take me away from both of you."

Those words pierce into Wheela's heart, the two lovers both lose each other and they kiss passionately. But loud knocking is heard. "Who could that be at this hour?" Wheela flies of out of her husbands arms and to the front door. She opens to see Six ponies standing in front of her. "Oh hi girls, sorry, you kind of came here at a bad time, so-?"

The Lavender Pony stepped forward. "Look mam, we're here to see the Grey, time is at the essence before Nightmare Moon takes over the land."

"Wheela, who's at the door?" Chris said loudly when he came into their view as he was strapping on a metallic like silver leathered book, chained at the spine of the book as it loops over his shoulder like he has a shoulder bag.

"Just some girls, one of them I think is be your fan ?" Wheela said stepping aside for them to come in.

Pinkie began to hop in joy. "Oh I can't believe you just got back and I forgot about to through you a party saying "Welcome Back Chris." party, *gasp* I just realize I just saw you at the cake shop and I was so busy throwing Twilight a party." The pink bubbly pony said fast.

The lavender Pony steps forward and stares at the human. "Powerful Grey." she said in posture and kneels. "I am Twilight Sparkle, I am in need of you to lend me the Elements of Harmony, so that we can stop Nightmare Moon."

Chris raises his eyebrow and looks at the other mares. "Um...she's not from here around here is she?" they mares shake their heads to confirm his answer. He looks down upon Twilight. "Look Twilight, if your here for the Elements, there not here."

Twilight looks up in shock. "What?" she said in disbelief. "But I don't understand. The book said you were the one to hold Elements."

"I do." The ancient wizard said. "But it's not in this house, you think I have something that powerful in my house? No thank you." he said as the rest of the mares walk in.

Fluttershy stepped forward shyly as she look down to her hooves. "Um...sir...can you at least tell us where it is?" she squeaked a little at the end. "It's ok for you not to tell us."

Wheela and Chris looked away from the mares to each other and back at them. Chris scratches his chin as he ponders.

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes with annoyance. "Shy, I don't think this guy is just going to show us th-"

"Alright, I'll tell you where it is." Chris said cheerfully, causing the cyan Pony to drop her jaw.

"Just like that?" Rarity said in shock as well.

"Yep" the immortal said as a staff levitates to his open hand. "And I know a short cut." he tapped the end of his staff on the floor. "To the Everfree Forest." A white circle traced below them. In a flash they all teleported at the entrance of the dark woods of the Everfree. The door magically closed, leaving the house for Scootaloo' safety. The mist was watching them the whole time and flies off the dark forest.

The mares (minus Wheela) jumped to find themselves in front of. "The Everfree Forest?" they said in unison. Futtershy shivers and jumps behind Rainbow Dash for protection.

Rainbow looks at the immortal with a bit of anger. "What's going on here, I thought you said you're going to take us to the Elements."

"I did" Chris said as he points his staff at the entrance. "It's in the Everfree Forest."

"You mean in that dark and dirty place?" Rarity said as she shudders.

Chris nods to confirm their answer. "That's right." he said. "In there, you must seek out the Ancient Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, where the Elements are held."

Twilight looks up to him in confusion. "But Chris, the Everfree is a forbidden forest, nopony has ever set hoof in there."

He kneels to her and looks dead in her eyes. "Twilight, there are times that you have to trust me." he then looks at the other five mares. "Just as you have to trust them."

Wheela looks up at the sky to see a glimps of the mist coming in their direction. "She's coming." she said seriously and extended her wings.

The immortal gets up. "You better hurry girls, we'll hold her off as long as possible," he said as the head of his staff glows bright white, shooting a beam at the mist and knocking it down. "Follow the signs, trust in each other." he said before he raised his dark arm, orange fireball like missiles are launched at where Nightmare Moon had crashed.

The six mares look at each other. "No point on getting in a cross fire, let's go girls." Applejack said, they didn't argue and the six entered the mysterious dark forest while the sounds of the explosions and destruction fade.

Author's Note:

I hope you like part one of my Fim Fiction, comment if you please!