• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 866 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 866

Epilogue

Once they were inside the school, Burst and the others were greeted by the whole school cheering for them defeating this latest threat! This gave Celestia an idea. "Pinkie. I think I know where to throw our party. Attention students! Tonight we'll be holding a party in celebration here at CHS!" The whole school cheered at hearing this! The rest of the day was fairly normal. Once the night hit, CHS was practically buzzing with energy! As the party was calming down for a short bit, an idea formed in Burst's head. He went to Inferno and told him about it.

"Okay. So we're getting our girlfriends involved in this too?", Inferno asked.

"Uh-huh. It's gonna be awesome!"

"Alright! I'll tell Ace, Shadow and Gold!" Once all the guys and their significant others had been informed, they took the stage and got ready to sing the song Burst had selected.

Burst
Inferno
Ace
Gold
Shadow
Celestia
Moon
Rarity
Sonata
Sunset
Starlight

Mysteries abound, made of a deep energy!
Foes all around, but I will go fearless and free!
I'll give you strength! You give me love, that's how we'll live!
My courage won't fade! If you're with me, my enemies will never win!
We will fight for love and glory!
We will live to tell the story!
There is nothing we can't live through! Nothing ever dies! We will rise again!
Don't stop! Don't stop! We're in luck now! Don't stop keep your spirit proud! And ride upon the wind! All we have to do is go!
Don't stop! Don't stop! We're in luck now! Don't stop there's so much to be found! We can find paradise! All we have to do id go! Go! Free your soul! Dragon Soul!
Mysteries abound! In this world, that we will see! Foes all around! But I will go fearless and free!
I'll give you strength! You give me love, that's how we'll live!
My courage won't fade! If you're with me, my enemies will never win!
We will fight for love and glory! We will live to tell the story!
There is nothing we can't live through! Nothing ever dies! We will rise again!
Don't stop! Don't stop! We're in luck now! Don't stop keep your spirit proud! And ride upon the wind! All we have to do is go!
Don't stop! Don't stop! We're in luck now! Don't stop there's so much to be found! We can find paradise! All we have to do is go! Go! Free your soul! Dragon soouul!

The whole school cheered after the performance, and the party kicked into overdrive! However, Burst and the other duelists didn't know they were being watched. Luna had approached Burst at one point with an idea for a tournament. One where the last duelist standing would face Burst in a final duel. Flyers for the tournament were made next week and posted all throughout CHS. But CHS wasn't the only school to catch wind of this. Principal Cinch of Crystal Prep. had heard about this tournament, and saw it as the perfect chance to restore her school's reputation. But what she didn't know was just how strong Burst was. She had assembled the best duelists at Crystal Prep with one goal in mind. "Your goal is to defeat this 'Burst Stream' at Canterlot High's tournament. Is that clear?" But all the duelists had cleared out once she started to rant on about reputation. "Well if you want something done right.", she said as she got out her old duel disk. "Do it yourself."

Comments ( 21 )

7675640
Just finished the epilogue!

This... is... so... awesome!!!!!

Btw. Dragon ball Z theme song reference here is great!

7675785 LOVE THIS!... and Dragon Soul! DBZ kai main opening song! Ooooooo I love this so much and next time it's priceable Cinch is going to be in the next one.. now with everyone preparing for the tournament to face Burst Ace inferno shadow ace golden sunset sonata starlight and the others have to prepare there selves for her will tell be able to beat her or will she make it to face Burst looks like I'm waiting for the next one I'm so excited

7675844
Glad to hear you're excited! But first I might do a side-story or two. Wanna know what the first one is going to be?

7675933
It's going to involve Blueblood and Flash dueling over which HERO archetype is better. Blueblood's masked heroes meant to resemble Japanese super heroes, or Flash with his elemental heroes.

7675942 Awesome!... hearing that makes me think what's the 2nd side story is going to be about if you have a idea for it or not because I can give you a side story idea and it involves 2 people going to Equestria

7675959
I appreciate the offer. But I'm trying to stick to my own ideas.

7675971 Kk still looking forward for both sides stories I can already tell there going to be amazing

This was defenitly worth the wait amazing ending to the story

7675994

Glad you like it! So what did you think of the ending performance by Burst and his friends?

7676417
I didn't read that part I can't really read songs only listen to them

Now let's see how strong Cinch is. (Goes out first turn.) Well that happened.

7676624

Let's just say she has no idea who she's up against.

7675977

Just posted the first side-story!

Just finished writing up the series 2 version, waiting for approval! I'll let you know when it makes it!

7679317

Cool! I just know it's going to be awesome. And I'd like to share something with you too. The very first story if wrote on this site got a lot of dislikes. But as I wrote more, I got better at it. And before I knew it, I had started this popular series. The first step is always the toughest, but the journey only becomes easier later on,

7679334 wow. Thanks so much! I really think we can make this series the biggest and best on fimfiction!!

This was your best work. Hands down. It had decent story structure with a fun plot twist and an excuse for a last minute villain. Shadow and Starlight had great characterization, but it felt a bit weak for everyone else, especially Burst. He (and Inferno, but he actually struggled and even lost in past duels, so idc about him in this case) was given more powerups that at this point seems to make him even more over the top. At some point you either need a villain at the level of a god, a limit which he can't break, a nerf, or all the above to give the reader the ability to root for him and not just read to see how much he overpowers the rest of the cast.
It may seem a little mean spirited for me to rag on Burst when there are insanely overpowered characters I love. But the thing is Burst never struggles. We as readers want to root for someone who wins despite impossible stakes. Who is beaten down and gets back up to deliver an impressive victory. Or, in the very least a character who struggles off the battlefield with issues such as a lack of recognition or their own self doubt that pushes them to become even stronger when they are already the most powerful thing in-universe. Burst never loses, never has to seemingly break a sweat, and lives a perfect life when things are at peace. This is ultimately why I think he actually does live up to the horrible word I never wanted to type at you, a Mary-Sue. If you do come up with a reboot, try to have either actual challenges for Burst or some sort of internal struggle for Burst to overcome as he curbstomps the bad guys.

Wait a minute?! I though Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei put the cobosh on Paradox in Ties of Time movie. How in the world did Starlight get his deck?!

Login or register to comment