• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 866 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 866

Duel 7: Starlight's Decision

'I can't believe what I did yesterday! What possessed me to go after those kids' dragons? They weren't legendary so they weren't targets. So why did I do it?', Starlight thought to herself. 'I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore. Whatever reason I had I can't remember. Maybe I should talk to Shadow. Being around him makes me feel better. Like I don't have to keep on the path I'm on.' Ace had noticed Starlight and had just gotten news from Burst about her latest attack. But he also knew how Shadow felt about her and decided that maybe he could talk things out and see if he could avoid conflict. And he brought Shadow with him in-case Starlight needed any extra convincing.

"Hey Starlight.", Ace said. Starlight nearly jumped when she heard him!

"Ace! Don't scare me like that. Is there something you wanted to ask me?"

"Starlight. I know you're the duelist who attacked the school just a few days ago. Critias and Hermos told me when I released them from your control. But I'm not going to duel you. Not yet at least."

"Then why are you telling me this?!"

"Because I know how much Shadow means to you. But if you don't believe me, you can hear from him.", Ace said as Shadow stepped out from his hiding place.

"Starlight, I fell for you when I first saw you. When you're around me you always seem to be happy. But I want you to know that even after Ace told me about what you did, I don't hate you. I love you and I just want you to be happy. But are you going to throw that away just for power? Starlight, please. I don't want to lose you!" Starlight burst into tears at hearing this!

"I want to stop hunting the legendary dragons! I saw how terrified those kids were when I tried to take their dragons! And now that I think about it, I don't even know why I started hunting the dragons in the first place! What am I supposed to choose when my head can't decide?!"

"Think with your heart Starlight. What is it telling you to do?", Ace asked.

"It...it's telling me to make the choice that makes me happy. And when I think of what makes me happy, that's Shadow."

"Starlight...", Shadow said as she began to walk towards him. But as she got close, something was wrong with her deck as it started to glow.

"I can't let you do that Starlight.", a voice said as light shot from Malefic Paradox and Malefic Truth Dragon! Soon, figure materialized and grabbed Starlight!

"What the? Let me go!", Starlight protested.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. You're the key for me claiming dominion over the legendary dragons! Who else would put that thought in your head of hunting them down?"

"You're why she was hunting the dragons?!", Ace shouted.

"Indeed I am. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Paradox Truth. I'd love to reveal my reasoning for going after the dragons, but I think I'll just take this girl and be on way!"

"Let Starlight go!", Shadow cried as he charged at Paradox! But he was too late as Paradox vanished through a portal. "We have to get her back Ace! We can't let that creep get away with this!"

"We will Shadow! But first, I need to call in some back-up.", Ace said as he dialed a number on his phone. "Burst. Get everyone."