• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 865 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 865

Duel 2: New Dragon Users

Burst had just woken up and found Moon with her arms wrapped around him again. And considering he was dating her and Celestia, he had taken quite the liking to it. And when she woke him up, she was way better than a blaring alarm clock.

"Morning Burst!", Moon said with a smile.

"Good morning Moon. So what did you think of the performance last night?", Burst asked referring to last night's party.

"That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. So what do you have planned today?"

"Well Rainbow Dash said that she finally got dragon powers. So she wanted to show them off with a duel. Wanna see how things play out?"

"Did you even have to ask?" After getting ready for the day and eating breakfast, the two of them got their decks and duel disks and headed for the duel park. Rainbow and a group of kids were waiting for Burst when he and Moon arrived.

"Hey Burst! Hope you don't mind but we brought a bit of an audience!", Rainbow greeted. Burst recognized Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom. And he saw Bolt Dash, Rainbow's little brother as well as two other boys. "Guess who finally got dragon powers?", Rainbow said as she ponied-up and activated her bond with Rainbow Dragon. When the light faded Rainbow had two pairs of wings! One pair looked like pegasus wings while the other looked like the wings of Rainbow Dragon! "I know I didn't get cool dragon eyes like you, Inferno or Ace, but the wings are sweet right?"

"I won't lie Dash. You just got fifty percent more awesome! By the way was this the only reason you asked me to come here?"

"Well, my little bro and his friends and Scootaloo and her friends are pretty big fans of yours since Duelist Kingdom. So I figured I'd surprise them by getting to meet you in person! Don't be shy Bolt! Say hi!" Bolt nervously walked up to Burst.

"H-hi.", he said nervously. Burst saw how nervous he was, and gave him a kind smile.

"Nice to meet you Bolt. I can sense you've got a bond with a dragon like I do." Bolt's face lit up at hearing this!

"Really?! Does that mean I can get cool powers like Rainbow said you had?!"

"Not exactly the same, but I'm sure you can get some pretty awesome wings. Watch what I do. Focus on the monster you have a bond with and call on its power. Like this!", Burst said as he activated his dragon powers. Soon he had sprouted wings and his eyes were dragonic. "Now you try!" Bolt Dash focused hard and called on the power of the bond between him and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. Soon he had the wings of Clear Wing and his eyes were dragonic!

"This.Is.So. Cool! Shining Spoon! Bright Star! You guys have GOT to try this! It's awesome!" Shining Spoon and Bright Star called on their bonds with Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Starve Venom Fusion Dragon respectively.

"Sweet!", Shining Spoon said admiring his new wings.

"I can't wait to trying flying with these things!", Star said testing out his wings. Burst gave a pleased chuckle at seeing the young duelists admire their new powers.

"You think that's cool? You can take it one step further!"

"How do we do that?", all three of them asked.

"You can summon your actual monsters since you share such strong bonds with your decks. Watch. Come on out Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Soon Blue Eyes landed on the field.

"Showing off for a change Burst?", Blue Eyes said with a joking smile. Shining, Bolt and Star deactivated their dragon powers and then summoned their own dragons to see if they could do the same as Burst. And surely enough they were successful.

"Nice to meet you in person Bolt.", Clear Wing said.

"Hey Shining! Nice to finally get some fresh air.", Dark Rebellion said with a smile

"So this is the human world. Wonder what kinds of food they got here?", Starve Venom said.

"Venom are you always thinking with your stomach?", Dark Rebellion asked with an annoyed expression.

"Hey! I'm called Starve Venom for a reason! I've got an almost bottomless pit for a stomach!" Bright Star couldn't help but laugh at the scene unfolding in front of him.

"So which one of you wants to take me on?", Burst asked.

"Really?", Bolt asked.

"Yup. So who's up first?"

"I'm up first!", Shining Spoon said. "What do you say Dark Rebellion?"

"I've always wanted to face-off against one of the legendary dragons!"

"Alright then! Let's duel!", Burst said.

Burst: 8000
Shining Spoon: 8000

"You've got the first move Shining!"

"Sweet! I set a card face-down and special summon the trap monster The Phantom Knights of Tomb Shield in attack mode! And since I don't have any trap cards in my graveyard, I can special summon The Phantom Knights of Shade Brigandine the same turn that I set it! Now I overlay my two monsters to xyz summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon! That's it for my turn. Your move Burst!"

"Might as well start off big! I draw! I reveal one Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Attack Dark Rebellion! White Lightning!"

"Just like I planned! I detach both of Dark Rebellion's overlay units to activate his effect! Your monster's attack points are cut in half, and Dark Rebellion gains the other half of the attack points! Go! Dark Rebellion Blaze!" Dark Rebellion roared as he fired a blast of dark purple flame that wiped out Blue Eyes Alternative!

Burst: 5500
Shining Spoon: 8000

"Nice move Shining! Now to show you my ace xyz monster! I play the Melody of Awakening Dragon to discard one card and add two dragons with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Then I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to bring back Blue Eyes Alternative from the graveyard! Next I'll play Chaos Form and send a monster from my hand whose level equals eight to the graveyard to ritual summon Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Now I overlay my monsters to xyz summon Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon! Too bad you used up Rebellion's overlay units. Tachyon Stream!" Galaxy Eyes roared and fired a laser that destroyed Dark Rebellion!

Burst: 5500
Shining Spoon: 7500

"You were right about the overlay units. I guess I should have saved them for later."

"Hey. Even I make mistakes. For example, I didn't make use of Alternative's effect. But the duel isn't over until the last card's drawn!"

"Right! I draw! I play Double Summon! Now I summon The Phantom Knights of Cloven Helm! Then I'll place on card face-down and end my turn!"

"I draw! Perfect! I attack your Phantom Knight! Tachyon Stream! And that's it for my turn."

Burst: 5500
Shining Spoon: 6000

"Well since you sent one of my Phantom Knights to the graveyard, I get to special summon the two copies of The Phantom Knights of Fragile Armor! Now I overlay my two monsters to xyz summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon! Now I'll activate his effect and attack!"

"I don't think so! I activate Galaxy Eye's effect! I detach one overlay unit and negate the effects of all face-up cards on the field!"

"Aw man! Didn't see that coming.", Shining said as Dark Rebellion was destroyed. "I end my turn."

Burst: 5500
Shining Spoon: 5500

"I draw! You've shown me your ace card, so it's only fair I bring out mine! I play the spell card Harmony Absolute! I send a Blue Eyes White Dragon from my hand to the graveyard to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon from my deck! Attack him directly! Absolute Neutron Blast!"

Burst: 5500, win
Shining Spoon: lose

"Good dueling back there. Gotta admit, your dragon has a pretty good effect!"

"Thanks! And your Blue Eyes Absolute is awesome! I've never seen such a strong monster be summoned so easily!", Shining Spoon said. Burst powered down his dragonic powers too after the duel had ended. Soon, Bright Star stepped up to face Burst next.

"Time to show off my fusion skills!", Bright Star said!

"Then show me what you've got!"

Burst: 8000
Bright Star: 8000

"Hope you don't mind, but I'm taking the first move this time! I summon a monster in defense mode and set one card face-down. Your move!", Burst said.

"In that case, I summon Dark Blade! I attack your defense mode monster!" With one slice Dark Blade destroyed Burst's monster! "That's all for me."

"Just what I was hoping for! Now I'll use White Stone of Ancients effect! Since he was in the graveyard and your turn ended, I can special summon a 'Blue Eyes' monster from my deck! Now I play Dragon Shrine to send a normal dragon-type monster from my deck to the graveyard! And since the dragon was normal, I can send another dragon to the graveyard! Now I play Dragon Shrine and banish the two dragons in my graveyard and the Blue Eyes White Dragon on my field to fusion summon Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon! Attack Dark Blade! Neo Neutron Blast! And that's not all! Since he's the only monster I can control, I can send one 'Blue Eyes' fusion monster to the graveyard so he can attack again!" Bright Star shielded himself from the two enormous blasts sent flying his way!

Burst: 8000
Bright Star: 800

"That ends my turn. Your move."

"Time to show you my dragon! I play Double Summon to bring out tow dark monsters! Now I play Fusion Sage to add Polymerization from my deck to my hand! Now my deck is shuffled, but it's worth the price! I play polymerization to fuse my two monsters and fusion summon Starve Venom Fusion Dragon! Now I'll use his effect! I can make him gain attack points equal to one special summoned monster you control until the end of this turn! I choose Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon! This brings his attack to 7300! Attack with Venom Blast!" Starve Venom roared as he charged and unleashed a blast of purple mist that destroyed Neo Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon! "I end my turn."

Burst: 5200
Bright Star: 800

"My move! I play the spell card Harmony Absolute! I send a Blue Eyes White Dragon from my hand to the graveyard to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon! Attack Starve Venom Dragon! Absolute Neutron Blast!"

Burst: 5200, win
Bright Star: lose

"Even if I did use Starve Venom's effect to copy your dragon's abilities, I don't think it would've helped much any way! Not to mention that you almost pulled off a one-turn-kill earlier!"

"Thanks Star!", Burst said with a grin. "Now the only left to face is Bolt Dash."

"I'm ready! Let's duel!", Bolt Dash boasted.

Burst: 8000
Bolt Dash: 8000

"I'm up first! I summon Speedroid Tri-Eye Dice! And since he's a wind monster, I get to special summon Speedroid Taketomborg! Now I tune Tri-Eye Dice with Taketomborg to synchro summon Clear Wing Synchro Dragon! Now I'll put an equip spell on him. That's all for my turn. Your move!"

"I draw! I play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster in my hand to draw two new cards! Then I'll play the Dragon Shrine I just drew to send a normal dragon to the graveyard! And since the dragon was normal, I get to send another dragon to the graveyard! Now I discard a card to activate the Melody of Awakening Dragon! This lets me add two dragons with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Then I'll reveal the Blue Eyes White Dragon I added to my hand to special summon the Blue Eyes Alternative that I also added! Next I play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive the Blue Eyes White Dragon in my graveyard! Alternative destroys your Clear Wing while Blue Eyes attacks you directly! White Lightning!"

Burst: 8000
Bolt Dash: 4500

"Since it was the end of your turn, my equip spell's effect activates! I special summon Clear Wing Synchro Dragon from my graveyard in defense mode! He'll only be able to block one of your attacks, but that should keep me in the duel a little bit longer!"

"True. Unless I bring out my ace right away! I draw! I play Cards of Consonance to discard a dragon-type tuner with 1000 or less attack to draw two new cards! Perfect! I activate the spell card Harmony Absolute to summon Blue Eyes Absolute Dragon! Since he's on the field, he gains 300 attack for each monster in my graveyard! Also he inflicts piercing damage when he destroys a defense mode monster! And best of all, he's immune to card effects!"

"That means even if I did use Clear Wing's effect it would have no effect! No wonder he's got absolute in his name!"

"Blue Eyes Absolute! Take down Clear Wing Synchro Dragon! Blue Eyes White Dragon, attack him directly! White Lightning!"

Burst: 8000, win
Bolt Dash: lose

"That was epic!", Bolt nearly screamed. "It's pretty easy to see why you've won such big tournaments!"

"Thanks.! But it takes more than just strong monsters and good strategies. You also need good friends to stand by your side when things seem hopeless. That's the real reason I've won. And I'd say you three have pretty good friends in Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.", Burst said as he motioned to the three girls who Moon had finished dueling. "I know you three will be great duelists! Best of luck to you!"

"And I know you'll carve out your own legends.", Blue Eyes said to their dragons. "And with friends like the duelists you've bonded with, you're already legends in my book! See ya back in the monster world!" And with that Blue Eyes and the other dragons returned to the monster world. Burst had gone to see how Moon was doing.

"You're awfully nice for someone with such a scary name!", Applebloom said.

"Not to mention you're an awesome duelist!", Scootaloo added.

"Hope to see you again Moon!", Sweetie Belle said as she waved goodbye.

"Thank you. And I hope to see you again too!", Moon said with a smile.

"You're certainly a big hit with kids.", Burst joked.

"Well it's easier for them to approach you when there aren't any myths that say you eat them if they misbehave. So where to next?"

"We can always see what Inferno is up to. And I'm pretty sure Rarity is dying to make you an outfit and she's having him model some of her male garments."

"I guess that settles it! Let's go!" So the two left to see what their friends were doing. Unbeknownst to them, Burst was being watched.

"So that's the source of the huge dragon power.", Starlight said with a wicked smile. "Soon it will be mine when I make his Blue Eyes a malefic!"