• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 863 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 863

Duel 4: Starlight Strikes

Ace was sitting in class trying to focus on the teacher's lesson when there was a glow from his deck. As he inspected to see which card was causing the glow, Timaeus materialized! "Timaeus?! What's with you?"

"I can sense them! They're close! Critias! Hermos! Where are you two?", Timaeus asked frantically. Ace was about to tell Timaeus to calm down when he noticed storm clouds gathering outside.

'That doesn't look good! And why do I hear dragons crying out?', Ace thought to himself. Soon the whole school had gathered at the gates because a lone figure had come in just as the storm started. The figure was female and wearing a black and white mask that covered her whole face and was wearing a black cloak.

"Where is the duelist who holds the Eye of Timaeus?!", the girl said. Ace stepped forward to confront her.

"I'm here. And I can also hear the cries of the dragons in your deck! Can't you see you're hurting them?! And why do you want Timaeus?"

"Simple. His power is greatest when he stands with Hermos and Critias. And I seek to control all the legendary dragons! Now duel!"

"Bring it!"

Ace: 8000
????: 8000

"I'll go first!", the girl said. "I play the field spell Malefic World! Instead of drawing a card, I can add three malefic monsters from my deck to my hand! You pick one and that monster is added to my hand and the rest are shuffled back into the deck."

"I choose the middle one.", Ace said.

"Very well then. Now I'll banish Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck to special summon Malefic Blue Eyes White Dragon!" Soon a Blue Eyes White Dragon descended, but its wings and part of its face were covered in evil-looking black armor.

"It...it hurts!", the dragon groaned.

"Are you really that heartless that you don't even notice how you're hurting these dragons? No card deserves to suffer! I draw! I set a card face-down and summon Gagaga Girl! Next I activate Magical Dimension and tribute Gagaga Girl to special summon Dark Magician Girl! And since I used Magical Dimension, I can target and destroy one monster you control! Now DMG! Attack her directly!"

"Useless overgrown lizard!", the girl fumed as Malefic Blue Eyes was destroyed and she took the full force of DMG's attack.

Ace: 8000
????: 6000

"I draw! I play the Melody of Awakening Dragon! By discarding a card I can add two dragon-type monsters 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Then I'll banish Cyber End Dragon from my extra deck to special summon Malefic Cyber End Dragon! Destroy Dark Magician Girl with Malefic Super Strident Blaze!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Magic Cylinder! This stops your attack and inflicts your monster's attack points to you as damage!"

"Aaagghh!"

Ace: 8000
????: 2000

"How is this possible?! No one has been able to push me this far back before!"

"Because I take care of my cards! Which is more than I can say for you! I draw! Now to end this! I play the Eye of Timaeus! I fuse it with my Dark Magician Girl to fusion summon DMG-The Dragon Knight! Now I'll use her effect! I discard one card to destroy one face-up card on your field! And I choose your Malefic Cyber End Dragon!"

"NO!"

"Attack her directly! Dragon Knight Blaze!" DMG's dragon launched a gigantic fireball that collided with the mystery duelist's life points!

Ace: 8000, win
????: lose

Soon a blue and red flash went off in the mystery duelist's deck and two cards flew into Ace's hands! The girl seemed to have noticed.

"You haven't seen the last of me yet! I know there are other duelists who have dragon power here! I will find you, I will defeat you, and your power shall be mine!", she said as she teleported away! As soon as she left, Critias and Hermos materialized.

"Timaeus old friend! Thank you and your duelist partner for freeing us!", Hermos said.

"Gather your friends young duelist.", Critias said in a grave tone. "We have great information on this new threat. And feel you would be better prepared if we told you. Especially those that share a bond with legendary dragons." Ace nodded and gathered his friends as things calmed down. Meanwhile, the mystery duelist who had attacked was on the school roof recovering from her defeat. Starlight removed her mask and had an annoyed expression on her face.

"Impossible! Every legendary dragon user I've ever dueled has been defeated by my hands! No matter! I will crush them in due time!", she said as she changed into her street clothes and headed back to class. Meanwhile, Critias and Hermos were informing Ace and the others, but the only one absent was Shadow.

"The duelist who attacked your school today is named Starlight Glimmer. A while ago, she started capturing legendary dragons and has bent them to her will. Corrupting them with the malefic power. It twists and gnarls at the power of these once noble dragons, making them slaves to her will.", Critias said.

"You must all be on-guard. Especially you Burst.", Hermos said.

"Why me? Just what makes me such a prime target?"

"Your Blue Eyes has fully realized his potential and is strong enough to not only resist, but completely ignore the malefic power. This makes you both a threat and a prime target due to the immense dragon power you have at your disposal. If Starlight should defeat you, or should she be able to steal your power, she would become unstoppable! We can describe her appearance outside of the disguise you saw her in. Be wary of a girl with light purple skin and purple hair with a light blue streak in it.", Critias said. "We would offer to join the ranks of your decks, but Starlight has drained most of our energy. We are of little use at the moment."

"We understand.", Sunset said. "Don't worry! We'll put a stop to her no matter what!" With that, they all headed back inside CHS to try and move on with their day. Shadow on the other hand had run into Starlight and had noticed the scowl on her face.

"Hey Starlight. You okay? You look like you're having a pretty bad day."

"Oh. I guess you could say I'm just....having a rough first day. That's all. But I guess seeing you makes it a bit more bearable.", Starlight said with a small smile.