• Published 16th Oct 2016
  • 863 Views, 161 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG 5: The Malefic Menace - Bahamut0



A new foe has emerged and has been capturing legendary dragons! And next on the list are Burst and Inferno's cards!

  • ...
4
 161
 863

Duel 6: The Malefic's Worst Nightmare

The next school day had passed so fast people barely noticed. Moon was heading home when she was stopped by Applebloom.

" Miss Moon, wait up!"

"Hi Applebloom. Is there something you want to ask me?"

"Me an' my friends wanted to duel you. You don't have ta if yer too busy.", Applebloom said while giving Moon a big puppy dog eyes face. Contrary to the Nightmare Night myths in Equestria, Nightmare Moon actually had quite the soft spot for children.

"Sure! I've got nothing planned!", Moon said with a smile.

"Cool! I'll tell 'em you said yes!" And with that Applebloom went off to tell the others that Moon wanted to duel too. Soon the six of them met up at the duel park.

"So you think Moon's going to show up?", Bright Star asked. "I wonder what type of deck she has."

"Well most of her monsters seem to be dark attribute.", Sweetie Bell said. "And most of her cards are based on the night."

"I'm excited to see her monster partner!", Shining Spoon said.

"Monster partner?", Applebloom asked.

"He means the card she shares a bond with. All of the greatest duelists in history have a signature monster partner!", Bolt Dash said. "Yugi has the Dark Magician, Kaiba has Blue Eyes, and Joey has Red Eyes. Kind of like Burst has Blue Eyes as his partner!"

"Oh! Kinda like Rainbow Dash has Rainbow Dragon for her partner and you three have Dark Rebellion, Clear Wing, and Starve Venom!", Scootaloo said.

"And soon their dragons will be mine!", Starlight said as she appeared from a malefic portal wearing her disguise. Using the malefic powers at her disposal, she imprisoned Applebloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell in a cage made of energy.

"What do you want ugly?!", Bolt demanded. "Let our friends go!"

"How sweet. And how very foolish. Listen kid. If the three of you just hand over your dragons, I'll let them go. Or we could do things the hard way and I duel each of you for your dragons. Either way, I'll let them go as soon as I get what I want."

"There's no way we're handing over our dragons without a fight!", Bright said.

"The hard way it is then.", Starlight said with an evil smile.

"You won't lay a finger on them!", a new voice said. Starlight turned to face where the voice was coming from, and saw Moon with her duel disk activated. "Going after these kids was a bad move."

"Who are you?!"

"Your worst nightmare! If you're going to duel anyone, duel me!"

"Fine then! All you are is a minor setback. Soon I'll have what I came for!"

Moon: 8000
Starlight: 8000

"I'll take the first move!", Starlight said. "I play the field spell Malefic World! Next I banish Red Eyes Black Dragon from my deck to special summon Malefic Red Eyes Black Dragon! I end my turn."

"I draw! I set a card face-down and summon Star Mage in attack mode! I end my turn.", Moon said.

"Hmph. Not much of a strategy player are you? Your mage is a sitting duck! Attack Malefic Red Eyes!"

"Just what I was hoping for! I activate the trap Lunar Gravity! If my opponent's monster attacks I can send it back to their hand! Too bad I can only use this card once. Now it's my turn! I draw! Perfect! I equip Star Mage with Lunar Staff! This boosts his attack by 400 points since he's a dark attribute monster! Attack her directly with Star Blast!"

Moon: 8000
Starlight: 6100

"You won't be so lucky this turn! I play the Melody of Awakening Dragon to add two dragon type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less attack from my deck to my hand! Now I summon Malefic Parallel Gear and activate its effect! When I use it as synchro material, the other material is a malefic monster in my hand! Now I synchro summon Malefic Paradox Dragon! Destroy her mage! Malefic Stream!" Paradox Dragon let out a horrifying roar as it let loose its attack!

"Aaagghhh!", Moon screamed as the blast hit wiped out her Star Mage!

"I set one card face-down and end my turn."

Moon: 5500
Starlight: 6100

"I summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"My turn. I activate my trap card! Malefic Claw Stream! Since I control a malefic monster, I can destroy one monster my opponent controls! And that leaves you wide open! Attack Paradox!"

"Nngghh!"

"I end my turn. One more attack and you're history!"

Moon: 1500
Starlight: 6100

'Not good! Even if I summon a monster in defense mode, she'll just destroy it! I have Nyx in my hand, but I can't power her up enough to take down Malefic Paradox Dragon!', Moon thought to herself. Soon a rainbow colored flash went off in her deck. 'Huh? What is this? Is this the elements giving me their power? Only one way to find out!' "My move! I draw! Yes! I play the spell card Harmony's Light! I send Night Queen Nyx from my hand to the graveyard to summon Nyx the Night Guardian from my deck! Now I activate her effect! She gains 500 attack for each light or dark monster in my graveyard! I can also banish all spells and traps from the field until the end my turn!" As she said this, Moon had ponied up and sprouted large black wings and her eyes became cat-like.

"No! Paradox can only stay on the field if there's a field spell!", Starlight said as Paradox Dragon vanished from the field along with the Malefic World!

"Nyx! Attack her directly with Lunar Saber Slash!"

"Time to put this villain to bed!", Nyx said as she slashed at Starlight directly!

"Agh!"

"That's it for my turn."

Moon: 1500
Starlight: 2100

"Well now that your turn's over, my Malefic World comes back! Now I banish Rainbow Dragon from my deck to special summon Malefic Rainbow Dragon in defense mode! You may destroy him, but at least my life points are safe!"

"I don't think so! I activate another one of Nyx's effects! If all their monsters are in defense mode, I can attack them directly!"

"NO!"

"Lights out! End this Nyx!"

"Night Impact!", Nyx cried out as she fired a blast of pure night directly at Starlight!

Moon: 1500, win
Starlight: lose

"You win this round. But all the legendary dragons will be mine! And then all duelists will be at my mercy!", Starlight yelled as she vanished through a portal and the cage containing Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo vanished with her. Moon took a moment to enjoy her victory, but was in shock at her appearance. She thought the kids would be scared of her, but in actuality their response was entirely different.

"That was so cool!", Bolt and Scootaloo cheered as they went up to hug her.

"And your hair looks awesome! My sister would freak if she saw this!", Sweetie Bell said as she admired Moon.

"You're..not scared of me?"

"Why we would we be scared? You saved us!", Applebloom said as she hugged Moon tightly. Seeing them happy lifted Moon's spirit as they gave her a group hug.

"Thanks all of you. But you should probably head home now. Wouldn't want your families to worry now would we?", Moon said with a small smile.

"Bye Moon!", they all said as they headed for home. Moon decided to test her wings out and flew back to Burst's house. When she landed at the front door and rang, Burst couldn't believe the sight in front of him!

"You sure got a make-over.", Burst said with a small smile. Moon giggled at this and pulled him close with her wings.

"Well now you don't have to worry about me hogging the covers.", she replied with a smile of her own as she powered-down. "But there's something you should now. I had a run-in with that duelist who attacked the school a few days back."

"Starlight Glimmer.", Burst said flatly. "Some legendary dragons Ace rescued from her told us about her. So what was she doing targeting you?"

"It wasn't me she was after. Do you remember those kids from the duel park last weekend? She was after the ones you dueled and their dragons! She trapped their friends and held them hostage for their dragons. I beat her, but I've got the feeling we haven't seen the last of her."

"Ace found out her name from the legendary dragons he rescued from when he beat her. Her name is Starlight Glimmer and she's been hunting legendary dragons. But if she's willing to go this far, we've got to put a stop to her! I guess I was hoping too much that Shadow could make her see another way.", Burst said with a sigh. Moon pulled him close and embraced him with her wings.

"This is probably what Celestia and I love most about you. You're willing to give people a chance to start again. Maybe Starlight will change.", Moon said with a smile.

"Thanks Moon. I just hope she realizes it before its too late for her."