• Published 3rd Jan 2016
  • 1,101 Views, 72 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Clash of The Iron Mares - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Shining Armor is asked to judge who the better athlete is: Rainbow Dash or Applejack.

  • ...
1
 72
 1,101

Pie Sisters

Shining Armor stretched out, grateful to have a relaxing day. As much fun as it had been to plan and observe Applejack and Rainbow Dash compete -- and it had been kind of exciting to see his little sister participate in The Running of The Leaves -- he was glad it was all over. With Twilight off spending time with her friends, and Spike off trying to help Rarity hunt gemstones, he had the library to himself. So it was the perfect day to do nothing but relax.

Especially since he did not sleep too well last night. That mysterious gray mare had caused him to have nightmares again.

Maybe he should go do something with Pinkie Pie. Spending some time with her would probably help put some of the issues that were causing the nightmares to rest. Even if not, her positive and optimistic mood would cheer him up for a while.

A knock at the door got Shining Armor's attention. Not just a normal knock either, but a rapid, somewhat hyperactive knock that could only bring one pony to mind.

As he got up, Shining Armor wondered what the chances were. Making his way to the door, he readied himself for whatever was going to happen next. Especially since Pinkie Pie rarely knocked. Or noticeably used the door for that matter.

As expected, there was Pinkie Pie. She stood there, front and center of the door with a wide grin spread across her face.

Shining Armor smiled back...which then froze on his face.

Standing behind Pinkie Pie were two other mares. Both were earth ponies. One was a dark gray coated mare with a lighter shaded mane cut short and sticking up in the back, a sour look on her face. The other was... her.

The mare from the other day. The one that looked like Pinkie, but gray coated and flat-maned.

"Hi Shiny," Pinkie said, getting Shining Armor's attention back on her. "You took off really fast after the games and then there was all the excitement of The Running of The Leaves yesterday, so I never had the chance to introduce you to my sisters. They're heading back home tomorrow morning, so today is the last day to get to meet them."

"Okay," Shining Armor said before moving aside. "Well come on in. Can I get you anything?"

"Lemonade, please," Pinkie answered. "Ooh! Ooh! And cookies if you have any."

"...Pinkie... you work in a bakery. Plus, you've been leaving treats here during your visits."

Pinkie let out a gasp, eyes going wide.

"You know about that?"

The statement made Shining Armor stop and turn to raise an eyebrow at Pinkie Pie.

"You leave bits of confetti and a little piece of paper that says 'in case of (whatever) emergency, Love! Pinkie Pie,' on it."

"Oh. Right." Pinkie smiled, letting out a giggle as she rubbed the back of her head. "Still, lemonade and cookies for all of us would be great."

"No problem," Shining Armor said.

Once he was in the kitchen and alone, Shining Armor let out a massive sigh as he sagged.

So the mare that had freaked him out the other day was one of Pinkie Pie's sisters. That would explain why she looked similar. And now she was in his house.

Closing his eyes, Shining Armor took a deep breath. He could handle this. No problem. At most it would be an hour or two. He would just have to go back out there, meet them, make some friendly conversation, and he would be done with it. They would go back to their farm and probably not visit for a couple months. By then, he would be well over the dreams.

Placing four glasses of lemonade and several cookies on a tray -- then all of them since this was Pinkie Pie, and her sisters possibly had the same appetite -- Shining made his way back to the main room.

Before he had even stepped into the room fully, the tray had been taken from him and set onto a nearby table. Pinkie then brought the lighter maned sister to meet him.

Judging by the look on her face, the sister was not happy about something.

"This is my older but not oldest and just by a few minutes before me sister, Limestone Pie," Pinkie announced.

"Hello," Shining Armor said, offering his hoof.

Limestone glared at him, then at his hoof, then at him again. Something got Limestone's attention, causing her to look away. With a huff and roll of her eyes, Limestone returned her attention to Shining Armor and smiled.

Although "smile" was being generous to the point of inaccuracy. It looked like something between a pained grimace and an angry sneer.

"Nice to meet you," she said (growled?) from between clenched teeth. She then took a hold of his hoof and gave it a shake that would have put Applejack's to shame.

After releasing her grip on his hoof, Limestone turned away. As Shining Armor rolled his foreleg to make sure that his shoulder was still in its socket, Pinkie Pie wrapped one of her own around his neck.

"Don't mind Limestone," she whispered. "She just gets a little cranky when her blood sugar gets low... or when she's just hungry... or tired... meeting new ponies... off the farm..." Pinkie pulled away rubbing her. "Almost all the time really. But she does have a nice side once you get to know her."

Shining Armor doubted that he would ever see it.

"And this is Marble Pie," Pinkie announced as she pulled the other mare to stand in front of him. "She's the baby of our family."

For a split second, one of Marble's eyes looked up and met Shining Armor's. A blush then spread across her face as she looked away, hiding behind that long flat mane of hers.

This... was not Pinkie Pie. Yes, she had some similar features, but she seemed like she would have more in common with Fluttershy.

Shining Armor felt himself relax a little as he smiled.

"Nice to meet you."

"Mmhmm," Marble said after a moment, giving a nod. Her lips gave a small twist that hinted at a smile.

A small pang of guilt made its way through Shining Armor. He felt bad for being afraid of the mare now standing in front of him. Granted, it was not her that had frightened him for the most part, but still. Marble Pie seemed so shy and dainty. He could not imagine her even hurting a fly.

It was at that point that he remembered how Fluttershy had once stood up to a full sized dragon on her own, and had left it crying before it left Equestria.

And Fluttershy was pretty much a normal pegasus.

This mare was the sister to Pinkie Pie, the strangest pony he had ever met.

Maybe Shining Armor should be a little cautious about her after all. Just, not because of something he dreamed about. But for now, he should just relax and be hospitable.

Comments ( 7 )

Hey there. Thanks greatly for getting this final chapter to the story up. I really appreciate you going to the effort. As usual, splendid job on the exchanges, emotional content and wrap-up in all the right places. :-D Well, on to your new story. :-D

"This is my older but not oldest and just by a few minutes before me sister, Limestone Pie," Pinkie announced.

So in this universe, does Maud exisit? Because I believe it was confirmed by Nick Confalone that Limestone Pie is the oldest of the Pie sisters, followed by Maud, and Pinkie Pie and Marble are twins (wth Marble being the younger of the two). From the sound of things, this satement means Limestone and Pinkie Pie are twins, or triplets if Marble was born shortly afterward. I'm legtimately curious.

Aww no more TriXPip? :raritydespair:

6999150

"This is my older but not oldest and just by a few minutes before me sister, Limestone Pie," Pinkie announced.

I'm guessing that in this fic, Limestone is younger than Maud.

6999160 Maybe, but we don't know that yet.

6999150 Yes, Maud exist. As far as I knew she was the oldest, seeing as she looked older than the others when she first appeared. Plus, most people figured that Limestone and Marble were twins after the rainboom episode, and they to be the same size (I actually thought they were Pinkie's younger sisters). So after the last season, I just figured triplets instead.

Loved all of it also sorry for not reading this sooner for some reason I didn't get any notes about this fanfic came out.:fluttercry: But as I said I really like reading this fanfic and hope to read another grate friendship is Shining soon:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment