• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 656 Views, 31 Comments

My Chibi Ponies - kurusagi16



The adorable adventure of the Mane 6 and friends in a super cute chibi universe.Based on the we love fine vinyls.

  • ...
2
 31
 656

Episode 9

After what seemed like eternity, Fluttershy had finally made it over the Foal Mountains, and was on her way to the Hollow Shades. She wondered what Nightshade would be like. Would it be easy to ask him to release Discord from his spell? There was no turning back now. She'd come all this way, and all that was left was to head down the mountains, and search for the mysterious pony. The journey down the mountain was much easier than the climb up it, and in no time she arrived in the Hollow Shades. It was a forest full of dark, trees. Fluttershy trotted through them, calling out for Nightshade to appear so that she could talk to him.

"Um, hello? Mister Nightshade sir, I'd like to talk to you. If you don't mind. Mister Nightshade?!" Fluttershy trotted into a clearing, and continued to call out for him. A whooshing sound came from behind her. Fluttershy gasped, whirling around to see Nightshade standing there with an eerie expression.

"You called?" he asked, circling around Fluttershy as if she were prey. Fluttershy gulped, trying her best to be brave.

"Y-yes, I did. I want to talk to you." she said.

"About what?"

"About the awful spell you put on Discord, turning him into a big meanie." Nightshade laughed a cruel laugh in her face.

"Such an insipid pony you are, I merely gave him what he wanted, deep down inside."

"W-what?"

"You truly think he enjoyed being reformed, having you and all those other ponies using him like you have. No, he wanted to be his true self. To bring chaos and mischief to all. A foolish and wasteful ambition, but a worthy enough distraction. All I did was bring himself, his true self, to the surface."

"That can't be! Discord's my friend, he'd never do anything mean or say such hurtful things to me if it made me unhappy!" Nightshade smirked.

"Indeed, you were quite the problem, so, I saw to it that my spell locked away all those pesky memories of you and your times together. We wouldn't want a remorseful or guilt ridden Draconequus on the loose, now would we?" Fluttershy could feel tears threatening to fall from her eyes, but she held them back.

"I want you to undo it." said Fluttershy. "I want you to undo your spell on Discord. Please, I can't bear to see him like this. So mean, and not caring for others. I want my friend back." Nightshade scoffed, and stopped circling the pegasus.

"And why would I do that?" he asked.

"Please, I'll do anything, I'll take his place even, just free him from your spell." Those teal eyes became large as she pleaded with him.

"Just what can you offer-" Nightshade stopped. His eyes getting a good look at Fluttershy, the glowed a little as they peered inside. He saw it, Fluttershy's heart. It was a pure, and beautiful heart that loved and cared for all manner of creatures. It shined with such bright vibrancy that it was almost blinding. Nightshade blinked, and could see the pegasus normally. A sly smile tugging upon his lips.

"On second thought," he said walking slowly toward her. "There is, something that I want from you." Fluttershy stood her ground.

"And, what exactly is that?" she asked nervously. Nightshade stopped an inch away from her and whispered what he wanted.

"Your heart." Fluttershy quickly put a hoof to her chest.

"My...my heart?!" Nightshade cackled.

"I don't want your physical heart." he said. He produced a small bag, and pulled out a smooth, glass heart (shaped like the crystal heart almost). "With this, I shall contain your love, your essence, everything tied to your very being, and in exchange I shall return your dear Draconequus to you." Fluttershy took a tentative step back. She couldn't give her heart to him, could she? If it meant freeing Discord...

"You promise that you'll free him once I give you my heart, right?" Nightshade nodded.

"Of course, cross my heart." Fluttershy looked down at her chest, her hoof still placed firmly on it. For Discord. She sighed and looked Nightshade in the eye.

"I'll give you my heart." said Fluttershy softly.

"A wise choice." said Nightshade. He held up the glass heart and his horn lit up as he cast the spell. Fluttershy hung her head in defeat. All the love and feeling in her drained out and into the glass heart. Her coat and mane became paler and paler, until they were see through, and she began to harden over. The pegasus was being turned into glass, like the vessel that now held what made her Fluttershy. A tear managed to escape and plink to the ground. Fluttershy thought her last thought before everything went dark. 'Forgive me everypony.'

When the spell was complete, he held up the glass heart, it felt warm and had a pale pink glow about it.

"You really are too trusting dear pegasus." said Nightshade. "Because unlike you. I don't have a heart." he chuckled darkly. "Well, now I do." He placed it back into the bag and vanished away. A glass statue of what had once been Fluttershy remained in the clearing.



An hour or so later, two twin earth pony stallions were pulling a cart full of odds, ends and do-dads were passing through Hollow Shades. They traveling salesponies had heard about how the spirit of chaos went nuts and was wreaking chaos. The brothers were taking opportunity of the situation by gathering as much as they could and having an end of the world sale. They entered into a clearing, where they saw a glass pony statue.

"My, what a detailed piece of work." said one of the brothers.

"Indeed brother. We could make quite a bundle of bits of this."

"My thoughts exactly. Let's load it up into the cart and continue on."

"They might not know it yet, but there's somepony who won't be able to live without this beauty until we show it to them." With the statue loaded into the cart, The brothers left for who knows where to sell and swindle their merchandise.

Author's Note:

Take a guess to who the brothers are.