• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 656 Views, 31 Comments

My Chibi Ponies - kurusagi16



The adorable adventure of the Mane 6 and friends in a super cute chibi universe.Based on the we love fine vinyls.

  • ...
2
 31
 656

Episode 1


Princess Luna, the Princess of the Night, flew out across the sky, the moon shining on her wings. Along with raising and lowering the moon, it was her duty to see that all was well in the night time realm. There was nothing but peace this night. Luna decided to shift her patrol to the astral plane, the place of dreams, to see that the chibi ponies of Equestria remained free of nightmares. Her horn glowed as she transported herself to the astral plane. All around her, Luna was surrounded by a soft, white and blue light. With a stomp of her hoof, she summoned the dream doors of the ponies who were sound asleep all over the land. She made it a rule to never enter these doors, unless of course there was a nightmare on the other side, or if it was a dire emergency. She glided down the long corridor of doors, so far no sign of any nightmares.

Then, Princess Luna felt something, an unfamiliar presence that wasn't supposed to be there. Her blue eyes looked about her for any sign of the intruder.

"Show yourself!" Nopony answered. Luna lit up her horn, preparing to defend herself if need be. Luna let out a gasp as the ground (or what was considered ground in that realm) vanished from beneath her. She tried to flap her wings but found that they'd become as heavy as lead. Down she fell into the endless darkness. She tried to call out for help, her own voice echoing her useless pleas back at her. A chilling voice whispered into her ear, as though the speaker were right behind her when there was nothing but black emptiness.

"I hope you're enjoying my new addition to the astral plane. For you and your sister will remain her for the rest of your lives." Luna opened her eyes, returning herself to the real world, she flapped her wings and carefully lowered herself onto the castle grounds. She panted for breath, as if all the air had been taken out of her. That thing...what was it...? What she knew for certain, it did not belong in the astral plane. She had to inform her sister at once of this discovery. She feared that this could mean great trouble for the chibi ponies of Equestria.


It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, the morning sun climbing into the pale blue sky, its golden rays covering the rooftops of the little houses in the town. Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship and Ponyville's resident royal, smiled brightly as she looked out the window of her crystalline castle. The young alicorn had a lot planned for the day, and the sooner she started, the better. First thing's first, she needed her #1 assistant and friend, a little dragon named Spike. Twilight trotted down to the dragon's room, knocking loudly on the door.

"Spike!" she called. "Are you up?" Twilight put her ear up to the door to listen. All she could hear was Spike's snoring. Twilight frowned and knocked again on the bedroom door.

"Spike, wake up!" He only continued to snore. Twilight groaned in frustration and let herself into the room. She went over to the purple and green scaled dragon that was curled up in his basket bed, a blue blanket wrapped around him. Twilight used her magic to lift the blanket off him, forcing him to sit up and look at her groggily.

"What time is it?" he asked. Yawning loudly.

"It's time for you to wake up. I have a lot I want to do today and I need your help." Spike grumbled, he knew that Twilight wasn't going to change her mind so he forced himself out of bed and followed her out toward the library.

"I thought we'd begin with that age spell I've been meaning to practice with for a while now." Spike got out a little apple sapling that Twilight had gotten from her friend Applejack to use as a test subject. He made sure that as soon as it was in place, that he was a good safe distance away from it, should it happen to backfire. Twilight's horn started to glow, she concentrated on the sapling, focusing the beam onto it. The light from her horn shot at the sapling. Twilight looked at it, trying to see if it would get older or at least a smidge taller. Nothing happened.

"Well that was a bust." said Spike. Twilight shot him a look, when the sapling began to quiver a little.

"Here it comes." said Twilight excitedly. But instead, a head popped up from the pot, the sapling on top of it. Twilight jumped back and let out a cry of surprise. Her eyes narrowed once she saw who it was.

"Discord! I'm in the middle of something very important." Discord, the Draconequus and the spirit of chaos, rose up from the pot, a devilish smirk on his face.

"I can see that. Doing a bit of gardening are we?" With a flash of light, he appeared beside the pot with the sapling back in place.

"No, I was trying to perform an age spell. Before I was interrupted. So whatever you came for, its going to have to wait."

"Well excuse me princess. And to think, I went to the trouble of coming all the way here to wish you a good day, and this is how my so called friend treats me?" Discord folded his mismatched arms and turned his back to her. Twilight sighed.

"I didn't mean it like that Discord." Discord whirled back to her, smiling as if she hadn't said anything at all that had offended him.

"Apology accepted. Now if you excuse me, I have places to go, ponies to see." he vanished from sight, leaving Twilight and Spike alone in the library.

"What do think that was all about?" asked Spike. Twilight shook her head.

"I honestly don't know. With Discord, it can be hard to tell what it is he wants until he flat out says it." Indeed, Discord could be a real piece of work to deal with, but he was one of her friends, even though he used that fact to try and guilt trip her into getting away with his tricks.

"But, with that out of way, we can get back to the experiment at hoof." Twilight once again focused her attention on the sapling. The magic of her horn encasing it in the purple light. Twilight eyed the sapling, after a moment or two nothing happened. Then, the sapling started get a bit larger. In a second, it grew all at once, taking up most of the library space. Something must've went wrong because it hadn't grown in the way that Twilight wanted. Instead of making it grow older, she made it grow bigger. The roots of the now giant sapling were spread all over the floor, having become too big for their pot.

Twilight laughed nervously. "I think that's enough practice with age spells today." she said. Spike, who'd been tangled in the roots looked at her and said sarcastically, "Ya think?"


Later that day, Fluttershy was at work, tidying up her little cottage. Her animal friends assisting her by getting into the hard to reach places or just lending her a helping hoof. The butter-yellow pegasus smiled warmly at her furry friends.

"Thank you all so, you've all been a big help to me." said Fluttershy. The animals chattered their reply, more than willing to help the sweet pony who took care of them. A knock sounded at the door, prompting Fluttershy to stop her work and turn to the sound. The rest of the animals turned their heads too, wondering who it could possibly be.

"Coming!" Fluttershy called out to the pony behind the door. Her little hooves trotted over and she opened the door. Standing on the mat with a large grin was none other than Discord himself.

"Discord, what a nice surprise!" said Fluttershy, opening the door wider for her friend. "Won't you come in?"

"I'd be glad to." said Discord, stepping inside the cottage.

"Make yourself comfortable and I'll put the kettle on." Fluttershy flapped her little wings and flew into the kitchen. Discord lounged back onto Fluttershy's sofa, where he usually sat during his visits, taking up most of its space.

The animals all looked at him with distrust. They all knew how wily and manipulative he could be, and didn't care for his visits all that much. But they went about their work in the far corner of the room, stopping every now and then to give a warning look.

Discord had noticed these looks and chose to ignore them. He didn't really care for the opinions of a bunch of woodland critters, so they weren't worth his attention. Fluttershy stepped back into the room, not noticing the protective stances the animals were taking in case the Draconequus tried anything funny or that would hurt their owner.

"The tea should be ready in a few minutes." said Fluttershy, taking a seat in the large chair adjacent to the sofa.

"Splendid my dear. You really know how to make somepony feel right at home." said Discord. Fluttershy smiled and looked away, trying to hide the light blush that had appeared on her cheeks.

"It's nothing really." she said. "Just trying to be as hospitable as possible, like with all my guests." Discord waved his lion paw dismissively.

"Don't be silly Fluttershy, out of all your friends, you're by far the only one who takes the time to listen or show any once of courtesy. Especially to somepony like me." Fluttershy's blush deepened a shade. Angel Bunny let out a loud cough, glaring at the Draconequus.

Fluttershy looked at him worriedly. "Are you alright Angel? You're not catching a cold are you?"

"I'm sure he's fine my dear, just looking for a little attention." said Discord, narrowing his eyes at the little rabbit. Fluttershy could sense a rising tension between the two and was about to break it up when the kettle let out a sharp whistle.

"I'll be right back," she gave Discord and Angel a stern look, "please try to get along." Discord watched as she left, sticking his tongue out at Angel. Angel growled and tried to attack him, but was sent flying into the air after getting whacked by Discord's snake tail. When Fluttershy returned with two piping hot cups of tea, she was surprised to see Angel lying slumped against the wall. She shot Discord a serious look.

"He started it." Discord accused, pointing his lion paw at the bunny in question. Fluttershy rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I wish you two could try to get along."

"I do try! Sometimes. It's mostly that rabbit's fault, him and that horrid personality of his." The mice and chipmunks were at Angel's side, fanning him and trying to help him come to his senses. Fluttershy set the tea down and flew over to Angel, pinking him up and cradling him in her arms.

"There, there Angel. You'll be alright. Angel opened his eyes and smiled at the pegasus. Discord grumbled under his breath about the rabbit being nothing but a little rat, making sure it wasn't loud enough for Fluttershy to hear.

He didn't know why she coddled the rabbit like that when he deserved what he had coming to him. Then again, there were times where he didn't know why she showed him such kindness and friendship. Even after all his, ahem, mistakes. But whether he understood or not, it was one of the qualities he loved about his friend. He was pulled from his thoughts when Fluttershy offered him the second cup full of tea. He gladly slurped it down, while Fluttershy took small, dainty sips from hers. He grinned to himself, thinking of what an interesting pair they made. He was out of place and wacky, and she was graceful and reserved. He liked things loud and turned upside down, she liked things quiet and comfortable. Chaos and kindness, in an unlikely form.

The two pleasantly talked, in which Discord told Fluttershy some of his stories that made the two of them laugh, how the princesses used him for their petty errands. And in turn Fluttershy would tell her own tales, mostly featuring her tagging along and assisting her friends on whatever adventure that came their way.

Discord interrupted Fluttershy in the the middle of the story as he said, "Forgive me for saying this Fluttershy, but if you ask me, it seems as if you let those friends of your take advantage of you." Fluttershy tilted her head in confusion.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"What I mean is that you don't realize the potential you have. You could save Equestria single-hoofedly if you put your mind to it, but instead you take a back seat while Princess Twilight and the rest of them get all the glory and credit." Fluttershy looked away, embarrassed.

"I don't really mind, I prefer to stay out of the spotlight anyway. Besides," she raised her back up to him, "if I were to receive so much attention, I wouldn't have time for our Tuesday Teas or any of the other activities we do together." Discord didn't know how to respond to this. Thankfully, he was saved by an interruption, another knocking at the cottage door. Fluttershy was about to answer it when Discord sat her back down.

"Allow me my dear." Discord stretched his arm out, snaking it to the knob, opening the door to a royal messenger. It was easy the stallion was a royal messenger because of his livery, trumpet and plumed hat. He blew a couple loud notes from his trumpet that startled the smaller animals, making them dart away into hiding places.

The messenger cleared his throat. "I have a message for Discord the spirit of chaos." he said in a official tone. Discord's elongated arm shrunk back to its usual size.

"That would be me." said Discord. "What do you want?" The messenger took out a piece of parchment and unrolled it.

"Their majesties, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, urgently request your presence at Canterlot castle as soon as possible." Discord looked at him, puzzled.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I asked around, you wouldn't believe how much ground I've had to cover." The messenger gave a small bow to Discord and Fluttershy. "That is all." He concluded, as he made his way back to the castle. Discord slammed the door with his magic.

"That was certainly an interesting bit of news." he said, showing little concern for the urgency of the message. Fluttershy however began to worry.

"Don't you think you should go?" she asked. "It sounds like it was important." Discord continued to show little interest.

"I'm sure it's probably nothing. They can handle it fine without me." Fluttershy cast her eyes downward.

"Still..." Discord looked up at his fretful friend.

"If I go, will you stop worrying about it." Fluttershy nodded. While he wasn't all too eager about following the princesses' orders, he couldn't refuse Fluttershy and the adorable expression she gave him, with those big teal eyes and round cheeks, and the way her face was partially covered by that long pink mane.

"Very well then, but once I get back, we'll continue our little chat." Fluttershy smiled warmly at him. He felt the warmth of that smile fill inside him.

"Thank you Discord." said Fluttershy in her soft voice. Discord waved his eagle claw as though it was nothing.

"Be sure to have something nice to snack on when I get back, maybe those little cakes of yours."

"I'll be sure to do that." replied Fluttershy. Discord vanished from sight. The animals that had hidden themselves came out, moving to the little pegasus.

"I hope everything will okay." she said.


In the throne room of the grand castle, Princess Celestia watched as her sister Luna paced back and forth from one corner of the room to the next.

"Where is he? He should've received the message by now!" Princess Celestia did what she could to soothe her sister's frazzled nerves.

"We must be patient Luna, Discord will arrive in due time." Luna scoffed.

"More likely he's chosen not to help at all." she said. A disembodied voice spoke.

"How rude." Discord appeared, floating before the princesses. "And to think I went to the trouble of answering your pleas. Bu if this is how you intend to treat me, I might as well leave." Celestia stood up from her throne, trying to stop him from leaving.

"Please forgive Luna." said Celestia. "Ever since last night she's been on edge." Discord folded his arms already looking bored.

"Well whatever it is it better be important, I was in the middle of something important when I you called." Princess Celestia motioned for her sister to explain the situation.

"Last night, as I was making my rounds through the astral plane, I was confronted by...something." Discord raised an eyebrow, looking unimpressed.

"While I do enjoy cryptic warnings, I'm afraid you'll need to be a bit more specific than that."

"That's just it, I don't know what it was I saw. It was like a giant shadow, but other than that I didn't see anything." Luna's face began to fill with what looked like fear. "It whispered to me, threatening to trap me and Celestia in its darkness."

"And what exactly do you expect me to do about it princess?"

"We want you to investigate the astral plane, see if there are any anomalies that are occurring there." said Celestia, speaking for her sister.

"So you want me to go investigate a potentially dangerous place with no idea of what I might be up against." said Discord, thinking over the situation. A short grin on his face. "I do like facing against the unexpected though."

"You'll do it?" asked Luna. Discord held up his eagle claw.

"Only if you'll allow me some needed vacation time after this. I swear the things I do for you princesses, and I don't even get so much as a thank you or anything."

"Thank you Discord." said Princess Celestia. Discord rolled his eyes.

"Yes well, if anything bad should happen to me, I'm holding you two personally responsible." Discord snapped his talons and disappeared.

"I hope we're doing the right thing." said Luna. Celestia didn't reply. What Luna saw, it made her wonder. 'Could it be that he's returned? No! It couldn't be.' But the more she thought about it, the more Celestia began to think that her fears were true.

Author's Note:

I needed a break from my first Fic and decided I needed something cute to help me relax. I saw the We Love Fine line of mlp chibis and almost died of cuteness! I thought it would be great to have these smaller characters go on an adventure. Also, despite the cover there will be no Flutterbat...unless proven otherwise. She serves as an example to help imagine what chibi Fluttershy looks like.
Disclaimer: I don't own Mlp Fim, and or we love fine chibis.