• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 657 Views, 31 Comments

My Chibi Ponies - kurusagi16



The adorable adventure of the Mane 6 and friends in a super cute chibi universe.Based on the we love fine vinyls.

  • ...
2
 31
 657

Episode 18

Episode 18




Evening was fast approaching, and Nightshade had nearly completed the needed preparations for his spell. All that was left to do was let the broth in the cauldron simmer and wait until nightfall. He smirked wickedly at the glass, glowing heart in his hooves, thinking eagerly of how close he was to achieving his plans. And there was nothing anypony could do to try and stop it.


Angel Bunny and the rest of Fluttershy's animals peered out from the bushes and into the clearing of Hollow Shades. They could all detect the faint scent of somepony's presence, meaning somewhere in the clearing, Nightshade was nearby. Turning to his fellow creatures, Angel animatedly began to mime out a plan for how to get Nightshade to come out from his hiding place and distract him long enough for the ponies to sneak into the hideout. After listening and watching Angel go through what they needed to do, the animals let out various chirps and grunts of agreement. Now was the time to take action.

* * *

Nightshade was busily testing out the broth with a long ladle, when his ears perked up, hearing a loud noise that sounded like a mix of different animal calls. Just as he was about to ignore it, the noise rang again and again, each time sounding louder and louder. Finally, wanting to know just what was going on, Nightshade turned away from the cauldron and headed out to investigate. Emerging from the entrance, hidden by the illusion of a large rock in the forest's clearing, Nightshade walked about, searching for the source of the sound. Then, without any warning, a white bunny shrieked a battle cry as it jumped onto Nightshade's face, causing him to stumble backward and fall onto the ground. Out from the bushes, a horde of animals followed suit, swarming over Nightshade, holding down, entangling him with vines and branches, and pelting him with nuts, berries, and rocks. It was at this moment, while Nightshade was dealing with the animals, Discord and the gang quietly slipped into the hideout.

"Wow, nice hideout." said Pinkie, taking in the sight of all the mysterious objects that rested in the circular chamber. Applejack and Rainbow gave her a look. "What? It is!"

"We don't have much time." cautioned Twilight. "Let's try to find where Fluttershy's heart might be."

Everypony began to pick through the shelves and boxes, keeping an eye out for anything that might look like Fluttershy's heart.

Discord tossed a couple books from the shelf over his shoulder, when his talon rested upon a satin pouch. He froze for a moment, sensing something lively emanating from it. Undoing the cord, a delicate glass heart, glowing a soft pink light, landed into his open paw. It glowed with a radiant warmth, giving off a sense of pleasantness that filled him to his core. He knew instantly that he'd found what they'd been looking for.

"I've got it." he announced to the others.

The gang turned their heads toward Discord, spotting the glass heart in his paw and claw.

"Well done, Discord." said Twilight. "Now all we need to do is--"

However, before Twilight could finish, a blast of magic hit Discord right in his stomach, sending him back into the bookcase, and causing the heart to fly out of his grip. An aura of magic encased around the heart before anything could happen to it, as it levitated to Nightshade, who was standing by the entrance.

"Nightshade!" the gang cried.

"I see that my reputation precedes me." he said with a smirk.

"You little--" Discord tried to say, recovering from the blast. But as he tried to stand up, he saw that his arms were pinned to his sides, as magical bonds were tightly wrapped around him. Discord twisted tested the bonds, in an attempt to break free.

"Good luck getting out of those." said Nightshade. "I made them to not only to keep you detained, but also to keep you from using those pesky little powers of yours."

"Ha! Do you really think these measly bonds are enough to imprison me?" scoffed Discord, working his magic and strength to break free.

"No, but it's a temporary thing. It gives me just enough time to get my things," he levitated both Fluttershy's heart and the cauldron toward him. "And go."

With those words, Nightshade bolted out the entrance.

"After him!" cried Rainbow Dash, making her speedy pursuit.

The rest followed, but Twilight lagged behind. "Discord, do you--"

"I can handle this myself." said Discord. "Now don't let him get away."

Twilight nodded, and went after Nightshade and the others. As they reentered the clearing, they saw Angel and his animal pals subdued in cages at the far end of the clearing, while Nightshade stood in the clearing's center.

"Perhaps I should deal with you once and for all." said Nightshade in a sinister tone. "After all, the last thing I need is anymore ponies meddling in my plans!" Lifting up the cauldron, Nightshade tipped it back, and began to drink the entire concoction. When he finished, he let out a satisfied sigh.

The girls watched as Nightshade's eyes began to glow and his body darkened into an inky shadow, until it became a black, formless mass with fiery eyes.

The being that had been the Unicorn Nightshade let out a maniacal laugh. "While the potion might not give me the power I've been wanting, it is enough to restore me to my true form!"

Nightshade lunged toward the gang, causing them to scatter, doing what they could to avoid him. Twilight tried to use her magic to blast him, but they only seemed to pass through him harmlessly. This made Nightshade laugh even harder. A glowing mist poured from Nightshade and surrounded itself around everypony in the clearing, rendering them unconscious. Now trapped in the dream world, Nightshade could proceed to make his escape.

However, his plans were once again cut short when a magical lasso suddenly encircled his form. He craned his body around to see that Discord had broken free much sooner than he had expected. "Don't think you're gonna get away that easily."

Nightshade's eyes curved up into a smug look. "I've underestimated you. You've broken both my spells, and now it seems that you're the only one left standing in my way. Well, I'll be sure to take care of you just as I have with the others."

"Nothing but empty threats." scoffed Discord. "And I'd say, you've had enough fun with your plans. Time to bring this game of yours to a close." He primed his talons at the ready to act.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." warned Nightshade.

"And why ever not?"

"Because, if you do, then, your dear little friend shall cease to be." Nightshade held up Fluttershy's heart. Discord's eyes widened as he froze. Nightshade squeezed the heart in his grip, causing the light of the heart to flicker.

"No, STOP!" cried Discord.

"As you wish." Nightshade ceased, and the heart remained intact. "Now that you're more willing to listen to me, I want you to not resist or use my power against me while I subdue you. Otherwise, I'll shatter this heart until it's nothing but dust."

Discord stared at the heart worriedly. He heaved a sigh and hung his head. "Alright, I concede."

"Excellent."

Nightshade then proceeded to do to Discord what he'd done to the others. But, as he was doing this, the heart that remained in his grip could sense Discord and its friends. It sensed how they had tried to rescue Fluttershy and now needed help. There was only one thing it could do.

Just as the mist was about to encircle Discord, the heart glowed with an intense light that blinded Nightshade. "What is this?!" The warmth from the heart became scalding hot in Nightshade's grip, causing him to drop it.

Not wasting a moment's opportunity, Discord swooped down and retrieved the heart. The light softened and the heat became warm. "Well done, my dear." he whispered with a smile.

Nightshade was beginning to recover from the burns and the blinding light, while Discord towered over him, the heart held firmly in his grip. "Now then, as I was saying, it's time to end this."

"No!" shouted Nightshade. "I won't allow this to end! Not now. My power, my revenge!"

"Oh shut up already." Discord snapped his talons.

Nightshade's form began to spin around and around, forming into a little tornado. As he spun round and round, Nightshade's form began to compress, becoming smaller and smaller. He let out a defeated cry, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" With those last words, Discord trapped Nightshade in his new prison. A crystal ball of sorts that was completely impenetrable and unbreakable. Inside the ball, Nightshade's entire form filled the space, leaving only his beady eyes visible enough for anyone to see.

Discord grinned with satisfaction as he lifted the ball up to his face. His eyes became slits as he said in a grave voice, "That's for trying to harm Fluttershy and messing with my memories. Enjoy your new prison." With another snap, the ball was poofed away to his cottage in Chaosville, where he'd add it to his collection of nick-knacks. Discord looked down at the heart still in his grasp and smiled at it warmly. "Time to get you home now, my dear."

In a flash, Discord, the gang, and even the animals in their cages, disappeared from the clearing, leaving it as deserted as it had been before.

Author's Note:

Only one chapter left, and then it shall all be over!