• Published 18th Dec 2015
  • 654 Views, 31 Comments

My Chibi Ponies - kurusagi16



The adorable adventure of the Mane 6 and friends in a super cute chibi universe.Based on the we love fine vinyls.

  • ...
2
 31
 654

Episode 13

Episode 13



Celestia wasn't sure if she could take wasting away in this darkness much longer. What was going on outside this realm Nightshade had trapped her in, and what was happening with her sister and subjects. If only there was a way for her to escape, or in the very least warn somepony of what was happening. But there was nothing she could do! She didn't have powers over dreams like her sister. That's when it hit her.

"It might not work." Celestia said to herself. "But it's better than just doing nothing, and if it'll help Twilight and her friends defeat Nightshade, then I'll gladly do it."

Celestia closed her eyes, generating as much magical power as she could into her horn. While she couldn't enter dreams like Luna, there was a spell she could use to send out a vision to Twilight or one of her friends. It would allow her to send a warning to them, but it would also leave her very weak, considering how much power the spell required, especially if she was to send it out through the prison she was currently in. Princess Celestia focused on the vision she wished to send to Twilight and the others, and then focused on each one of them. The spell would only send it to those who were dreaming or in an unconscious state, meaning there was no guarantee if, when, or even who would get Celestia's warning.

Once she generated what felt like a sufficient amount of power, Celestia aimed her horn into the endless darkness, and blasted a powerful burst of magic, powerful enough to pierce through the prison and escape to its destination. Celestia immediately felt drained.
'I hope this message finds you well.' she thought. All she could do now, was wait, and hope that somepony would get her message soon.


Discord was having a marvelous and chaotic dream. He was dreaming about the plans he had in store for Equestria, one of which included turning Celestia and Luna into his own personal jesters for his own amusement. Oh how deliciously amusing would that be he thought. But then, the dream came to abrupt halt, and everything seemed to freeze in place, as if time had stopped. Discord looked around with a peeved frown.

"Hey! What gives?!" he complained. He then felt that odd, familiar presence he had sensed earlier. He turned around and saw the glass pony statue he had brought, except, it was different. For one thing it could move, like any other living, breathing pony, and then, it began to talk!

"Hello, Discord." the statue said, her voice sounding a bit sad.

"You!" said Discord in surprise. Seeing the statue he'd brought standing before him and talking to him was the last thing he expected to see in his dreams. OK, maybe the second to last thing he expected to see, but still. "Who exactly are you, and what are you doing here?" he questioned it.

"Don't you remember?" the statue asked. She looked up at him, into his mismatched eyes. Though they looked like clear glass, Discord could see a kind of sadness to them, that fitted with the tone of her voice. He wondered what exactly this statue could be sad about.

"Remember what?" asked Discord.

"About me! About all the things we did together. The memories we shared." replied the statue. "You've got to remember something. Anything. Is there a part of you that remembers me at all?"

Discord searched his mind over. He did admittedly feel an odd familiarity about the statue, almost a fondness towards it, though he wasn't sure why. But he didn't see how that would be relevant to the statue, and instead replied to her, "Sorry, I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about."

The statue sighed and looked down at the ground, appearing quite heartbroken. "I see." she said.

It made Discord want to take back what he said and to apologize to the statue. And then he stopped himself. Apologize? Him? Why in the name of all that was chaotic and nonsensical would he ever apologize to anypony, let alone a statue of one?

"I came here, to see you Discord, one last time." The statue looked back up at him, looking as if she were about to cry.

"One last time? What do you mean?"

"It's hard to explain, but you see, I've lost my heart."

"Lost your...heart?"

The statue nodded. "It was stolen by this bad pony, his name was Nightshade, I made a deal with him, and he took my heart as part of our deal. Without it, I'll fade away till I am nothing, as empty as the statue you see before you."

Discord stared down at her, feeling more and more confused. "Why are you telling me all this?" he asked her.

"Because." answered the statue. "When I'm gone, I feel like somepony ought to know what became of me, especially my friends."

"Then why not tell one of them? Surely they'd be much more interested in hearing your sob story than me." The statue surprised him once more by lightly giggling at his words. This made him raise a bushy eyebrow in confusion. "What's so funny?" he asked.

"Sorry." said the statue, the barest of smiles appearing on her face. "It's just, you asked me why I wouldn't go to one of my friends about this, when I already have."

"You have?" The statue nodded. "Then how do I fit in with any of this?"

"You still don't get it do you?"

Discord was silent.

"The friend I'm talking about, is you Discord."

Discord recalled hearing similar words not too long ago, from that delusional pony who claimed to be his friend, when he had no memory whatsoever of such a thing. He scoffed at the statue with his arms folded over his chest saying, "Sorry to disappoint you, my dear, but I don't have any friends."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." said the statue, kindly smiling at him. It was the first time Discord could recall a single being smiling at him in such a kind and genuine way. Just then, she winced, and dropped down to her knees in pain.

"Are you alright?" Discord asked with concern. Which made him confused. Why was he concerned.

The statue laughed shakily. "It appears, that there isn't too much time left." she said, slowly get back up to her legs. She looked into Discord's eyes once again, and said, "Discord, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" he inquired warily.

"Are you...happy? Really and truly happy?" she asked.

Discord blinked. "Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be? I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, with nopony to hold me back. What is there for me not to be happy about?"

For a moment, the statue said nothing. Then, she spoke again. "Then I'm glad."

"Huh?!"

"So long as you're truly happy, then I can go on without worrying about you."

The statue turned, preparing to walk away. As she turned, Discord recognized her cutie mark. It was the same one the delusional Pegasus had. His mind flooded with how sad she'd looked after he told her he wasn't her friend, and what the little dragon had told him about the mare, and how she cared about him as a friend. Just who was this pony? At the very back of his mind, he felt something being nudged. Something important that wanted to pour back into his mind, yet remained out of his reach no matter how hard he tried to grasp at it.

"If you see Twilight and the others, tell them I'm sorry, and that I hope that they'll be happy too." said the statue.

A part of the seal came undone, and Discord called out the name of the statue, though he still wasn't sure how he knew it. "Fluttershy!"

The statue stopped in her tracks and turned to look at him over her shoulder. "Discord?"

Discord put his paw and claw against his forehead, feeling the sealed memories struggling to break free, yet they were still being held back.

"Why?" he asked.

Fluttershy tilted her head.

"...Why do you keep saying that you're my friend? I don't know you, or at least, I don't think I do. And after what I've said and done, you still insist on calling me your friend. Why?"

Fluttershy stared at him, and then smiled in an adorable and painfully familiar way. Her glass body began to become more and more transparent as she began to fade away. "Because I like you, Discord. I like you very much."

Discord was completely befuddled by her words, and could only watch as she vanished into thin air. He reached out a paw toward where she had been. "Wait! Come back!" He used a little bit of his power to try and follow Fluttershy, but something went wrong. He sensed a tremendous spell suddenly ram right into him. It had been heading for Fluttershy's mind, but ended up going to his after Discord tried to reach out and connect to it. A vision passed in front of his eyes, happening so fast it was hard to see all at once. All he saw were images and ended up waking in a cold sweat. He awoke in the castle he had created and turned immediately to look at the statue. It was still in its same, mournful position. As Discord stared at it, he felt his heartache a little. He placed an eagle claw over his chest as his gaze turned down to the floor, his face baffled.

'What was that?' he wondered. 'What is happening to me?'

Every word the statue had uttered still echoed through his head. It made him wonder about himself, and about one of the questions she had asked him. Was he truly happy? At first he thought so, but now, he wasn't so sure anymore.


Twilight and the girls had finally made it back to Ponyville and could instantly see the mess it was in. It reminded her very much of the first time Discord had went all out on Ponyville and had turned it upside down and backward bit by bit.

"Looks like Discord's been doing quite a bit of work while we were gone, hasn't he?" said Applejack.

"You can say that again." said Rainbow Dash. "Just look at this place! When we find Discord, I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind."

"But where do you suppose he is?" asked Twilight, as they headed into the town.

"Probably in that giant, easily noticeable castle of playing cards with the ominous technicolor clouds swirling around it." said Pinkie Pie, point a hoof in the direction of the castle.

Twilight's cheeks turned light red with embarrassment. "Right. We should probably find Rarity and Fluttershy and get them together to try and confront Discord. If we can't talk him out of this, then we'll have no choice but to turn him back to stone."

"And how exactly are we supposed to do that? We don't exactly have the elements anymore you know." said Applejack.

"I know, but I might be able to come up with a spell that will temporarily freeze him in stone until we can stop the real culprit behind all this, and find a way to turn Discord back to his sorta normal self." answered Twilight.

"Will it work?" asked Rainbow.

"Maybe, but, what other choice do we have?"

The girls clamored in agreement. Twilight did have a good point. There really was nothing else left for them to do. Time was running out, and they had to act fast, or else the world they knew would be lost to them forever.

Author's Note:

Managed to get this all typed up. Summer vacation's coming up, meaning no school, hiatus, and a chance to get a summer job. It also means plenty of time to write or finish up stories. But I don't guarantee anything. These things only work when I have inspiration, or high demand from readers. Anyway, enjoy, and sit tight until I come up with the next installment.