• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,587 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,587

Re-Chapter One

Author's Note:

My first attempt at a MLP fanfic.

A sharp pain stung from behind.

The sounds of battle fell silent upon his ears.

“Long. Live. Me,” a familiar voice stated viciously in his ear.

Darkness.

All of Equestria gazed in awe at the spectacle in the sky. Did Luna decide to bless them with a show? Flicks of light streaked overhead, marking the beginning of a meteor shower. Astronomers, amateur and professional alike, watched the show through telescopes. Even the ponies in the bustling, bright cities could see lights in the night sky.

Princesses Celestia and Luna watched the show with concern from their castle in Canterlot. Without saying a word, Princess Luna knew what the look on her sister’s face meant: trouble.

“We need to gather whatever rocks may land,” Celestia spoke aloud, then turned to address her younger sister, “ready your guards. This will be a long night.”

A loud roar seized their attention as a massive chunk of burning rock barreled past the regal mares. Moments later, a bright explosion in the Everfree Forest marked where the meteor landed. Princess Luna ran out of her sister’s room, calling for her guards to assemble immediately.
Princess Celestia trotted to her desk, brought up the parchment and a quill with her yellow magic aura, and began to write.

Dear Twilight Sparkle…”

“Alright, girls!” Princess Twilight Sparkle spoke, raising her voice above the murmur of the others to quiet them. “Princess Celestia wants us to go to the Everfree Forest and examine the meteorite that landed there.”

Do we have to?” Fluttershy whispered.

“I agree,” Rarity voiced, “that place is absolutely dreadful.”

“Yes,” Twilight answered matter-of-factly.

“Ooo!” Pinkie Pie interjected, “What if we find a weird looking, tall, bipedal, two-armed, fur-less, alien?!”

The room went silent as the ponies stared at the pink mare blankly.

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash shouted, breaking the silence, “That would be so awesome!”

“Uh,” Spike chuckled nervously, “maybe I should stay here to watch over the castle?”

Yes,” Fluttershy nodded quickly in agreement, “I should stay-”

“Not acceptable, Fluttershy. We all have to go; we are a team,” Twilight said, placing a hoof on the yellow pony’s shoulder for assurance, getting a weak smile from her.

“Well, if we gotta get goin’, we best get a movin’,” Applejack stated. All the others nod in agreement.

Spike tapped Twilight on her leg.

“You can stay, Spike.”

“Yes!”

She chuckled, gave him a smile, and nuzzled him before leaving.

"Please, don't bring any aliens home!" Spike pleaded to them from the doorway.

The sounds of the forest and the near complete darkness of it left the girls on edge. Fluttershy jumped at every little sound and stayed closely to Applejack. Rainbow Dash flew considerably closer to her friends than usual. After about twenty minutes of walking silently through the eerie forest, they could see the light of a fire up ahead. Trees had flattened from the shock wave and dirt covered the gloomy bushes. To their surprise, another pony was waiting for them.

“I suspect you are here in the middle of this night,” Zecora greeted them with a wave, “to come and inspect this meteorite.” She pointed to the burning rock in the middle of a massive crater.

“Yes,” Twilight answered, “Princess Celestia wants me to get samples and decide if bringing the meteorite back is possible.”

“Unless you can walk through fire, the situation is quite dire,” Zecora informed the violet pony.

“No problem!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. The cyan pegasus zoomed past them, heading for the meteorite. She flew around the burning rock, creating a rainbow tornado, extinguished the flames.

“Nicely done!” Twilight complemented the cyan pegasus as the others cheered for her.

Rainbow Dash buffed her hoof on her chest, “No biggie,” she bragged.

Pinkie Pie was the first pony to see the meteorite up close, as soon as the embers died, she hopped up to the rock, “It’s huuuge!” she awed, standing back on her hind legs and opened her arms wide, for emphasis.

The others caught up to her, even Fluttershy, who decided that being with her friends was better than being in the dark forest alone.
Twilight brought out her tools from her bag with her magenta magic. She tapped on the meteorite with a rock hammer, collecting a piece of meteorite in a paper, and collecting dust in a glass vial. The other ponies walked around the meteorite and examine it. Rainbow Dash hovered in the air, already bored of the rock.

Pinkie Pie knocked on the meteorite, “Hello! Any aliens in there? Come out! I won't bite!" She giggled, "Probably!"

Rainbow Dash saw this as an opportunity to play a prank. She swooped down silently to the other side of Pinkie Pie and thumped the rock twice.

Pinkie Pie gasped and knocked harder, “Are you in there?! Can you hear me?! Helloooo!”

Rainbow Dash stifled her laughter as best she could and tapped on the rock again. This time, the meteorite shook, spooking Fluttershy into hiding behind Zecora.

“What. Was. That?” Applejack asked, staring wide-eyed at the meteorite, slowly backing away from it.

“Maybe it is a space egg!” Pinkie Pie concluded. She rubbed the egg lovingly, "C'mon little fella. Push!"

The rock began to shake as fissures and cracks formed.

“Pinkie, I do not think you should touch that thing anymore!” Twilight said in an alarmed tone. “We need to get away—now!”

The ponies made it to the tree line just as the meteorite exploded. Twilight put up a shield spell around them, which protected them from the flying debris and hot steam. As the dust settled and steam dissipated, the ponies stared in disbelief at the figure curled up in a ball, where the meteorite had been.

“What in Celestia’s name is that?!” Rainbow Dash shouted, breaking the long silence.

“Stay here girls... I will go check it out,” Twilight said hesitantly as she swallowed the large lump in her throat.

After a minute passed without her moving, Pinkie Pie hopped over to the strange creature with a big smile on her face. The others chased after her.

Twilight removed Pinkie Pie with her magic, “We don’t know if that thing is dangerous or not, Pinkie!” she yelled at her.

“Exactly!” Pinkie chimed, “We don’t know anything about it.”

“Let Fluttershy go, she’s good with animals!” Rainbow Dash recommended as she pushed the yellow pegasus forward.

No!” Fluttershy screamed, digging her hooves into the charred ground and flapping her wings.

“We’ll all go,” Applejack stated and pulled Rainbow Dash down by her tail. The orange earth pony tiptoed cautiously towards the unmoving creature with her friends in tow.

When they get about three hoof lengths from the creature, it suddenly moved, making them all jump back and shriek. The creature fell to its side, sprawled out a groan escaped its mouth. The creature easily was twice their size with a short mane atop its head, and an otherwise, fur-less body.

Zecora got closer to the creature and stood over it. She saw a small cut on its back and upon closer inspection, saw its muzzle-less face as if it was resting. She placed a hoof in front of what she assumed was its nose and felt a slow, exhale of breath.

The others went to Zecora’s side to observe the creature. When they got to its lower half, they all shied and blushed away, except for Twilight.

Zecora let out a small laugh, “It seems to me, that it’s a he.”