• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,585 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,585

Re-Chapter Eleven

Everyone sat silently at the table waiting.

Waiting.

And waiting.

And more waiting.

Princess Luna had removed her silver hoof boot to stroke Adam's black mane as he slept. Her teal eyes shimmered as she tenderly watched over him. "Awaken," she whispered. She tapped his arm, "Adam, awaken needest thou."

Adam grumbled, "Eighteen more minutes. . ."

"No," she smiled, "Many people hast gathered to see thee, and await us."

Adam yawned and noticed Luna. He placed his hand on her cheek, "So, you came to join me after all, eh?"

She sighed contently at the warmth of his hand, "Sadly not. Thou art to meet thy fellow aliens, who claim to know thee."

"I will only go see them if you give me a kiss," his goldenrod eyes gleamed in the dim light.

Luna flushed scarlet but quickly kissed him on his forehead and teleported away.

"Cheater," he chuckled, rolling out of bed. He ran his fingers through his hair. The hall way lights temporarily blinded him when he opened the bedroom door. "Where am I supposed to go?" he asked the guards.

And waiting longer.

Princess Luna assured them that he was on his way.

The dining hall doors opened and Adam poked his head around the white door. He backed out as if to leave, but the night guard pushed him inside.

"Rude!" Adam exclaimed at the door. He awkwardly made his way to the table, feeling the weight of all their eyes on him. He sat at the empty chair across from Luna, winking at her.

"I don't know 'bout y'all, but I'm famished," he stated and chuckled nervously. He turned to the black armor-clad man to his right, "You new here, too?"

The man suddenly picked up Adam in a suffocating hug. "Grey!"

"Blue!" Adam gasped.

Onyx placed his friend back on his feet, clasping his shoulder, "Grey, it's been eons since we last spoke."

"'Grey'?" Adam had a confused expression.

"That is your name," the shade, seated to the right of Onyx, rasped, "Gray. . . Zamanova. . . Whulphe."

Adam sat down, his head began to spin, the room began to spin, "And who are you? Smokey?"

". . .Funny. . ." Darqlon replied flatly.

"You have much to learn about yourself, Grey, but now that we're here, we will help you," Onyx said confidently.

The kitchen doors swung open. A convoy of serving carts entered the dining hall. Everyone had waited ever so patiently for food. The servers gave everyone a bowl of salad and a plate of grilled fish to the carnivores, as an appetizer.

Rainbow Dash saw the shade pick up a fork, stick it the fish, and bring it to its face, where the white meat disappeared, "How do you eat? Is like, your whole face your mouth or something?"

". . .Or something. . ." his hoarse voice replied.

"You're kinda scary," Rainbow Dash confessed, "I like that."

"Thank you."

"I'm Rainbow Dash!"

"I am Darqlon. . . Reaper of Souls."

"So. Awesome!" Rainbow Dash elated.

Princess Luna listened carefully to what Onyx was telling "Grey"; Celestia also focused her attention on the stories Onyx told; Twilight wrote down every word Onyx said.

"Grey, you slew the first, most powerful Demon King now that I think about it: you've slain every Devil!"

"And. . . how many Devils were there?" Adam asked between bites of salad.

"One hundred and twenty-three. You went to Hell, the plane of pure evil, and slew them while they were at court," Onyx regaled. "You even slew half the Demon Army when you saved Valkyrie " Onyx stopped himself as if he said something bad.

Grey perked up at that name, "'Valkyrie'?"

"Y-yeah. . . your little sister. . ." Onyx stuffed his mouth.

"You're lying," Grey stated.

Onyx was busy forking salad into his mouth to say anymore.

"She was your. . . soul mate," Darqlon said.

Grey sat back in his chair to see the shade, "'Soul mate'?"

"In the literal. . . and figurative sense. Since you. . . we. . . are all immortal. . . marriage is a very. . . sacred act," Darqlon explained. The others had quiet down when he began speaking. "At the end of. . . the ceremony. . . half of your soul. . . is given to. . . your soul mate. . . becoming Bonded. . . as one. When one mate dies. . . the other. . . literally. . . loses a part. . . of themselves. You killed twenty gods. . . to breach Hell. You killed every. . . Demon and Devil. . . who stood in your path. Unfortunately. . . when you found her. . . her soul was. . . already corrupted. You cared not. You fought for a week. . . killing Demon and Angel. . . alike to reach. . . the mortal plane."

Grey processed the information, "If Hell is evil, why did she go there when she died? And why do you talk so slow?"

"She was the. . . Firstborn child. . . of the Demon King," Darqlon answered. "I speak this way. . . because it takes. . . much labor. . . and power. . . to speak."

"She was already a Demon..." Grey surmised.

"Yes."

"How did she die?"

"Mystin. . . the Demon King her father killed her. . . disguised as you. She became. . . corrupted. . . because she felt. . . that you betrayed her," Darqlon paused. "You endured . . . a painful process. . . to extract her soul. . . from yours. I know. . . because I preformed. . . the ritual. After reuniting. . . her soul halves. . . her soul became good again. . . or so I thought. . . so it should have. Several ages later. . . she tried to. . . kill you. She always was. . . hellbent on getting even. . . with those who wronged her. You had no choice. . . but to kill her. . . permanently. . . with the Godsbane dagger. You had a daughter. . . with Valkyrie. Her name is Shade. When you killed Valkyrie. . . Shade had witnessed. . . you do it. Ever since then. . . she has hated you. . . and try to kill you."

Everyone at the table was misty-eyed, even Grey.

"How cruel fate is," Grey said grimly.

"Truer words. . . have never been spoken," Darqlon concluded.

Grey shook his head, "But that was the old me. Yes, it is sad, but I have no memory, no real emotions about all that."

"Exactly. You have been given a second chance," Wolf spoke, "Do not squander it."

The rest of the meal was in silence, everyone absorbed with their own thoughts. Grey caught Luna staring at him. She gave him a comforting smile, he gave a weak smile in response. When Princess Celestia ended the dinner, everyone went to their rooms, except for Grey. He sat at the table forlorn.

Princess Luna softly nudged his arm with her snout. He turned to gaze into her mystical teal eyes.

"Here for thee I am," she assured him.

He knelt and wrapped his arms around her neck, "I don't know what to think anymore."

Luna was surprised by his sudden embrace, but placed a hoof on his back, "We will figure it out together."

"Thanks, Luna," he broke their embrace, "I feel much better," he smiled.

"We shall escort thee to thine room," she grabbed his shirt with her teeth and tugged him. "Come along."