• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,585 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,585

Re-Part III Chapter vi

Kyllgorr sat in bed, mulling over the events of the past month especially about the red unicorn sleeping next to him. He sighed heavily and leaned against the wall. The soft light of the moon shone through the window on the right. He was glad Amy lived in a house on the outskirts of the city where he could renovate it to suit him better or build a new house entirely for them.

If he wanted to do that, he would need to get a job. There were no usual jobs he was used to mercenary work, freelance gun-for-hire, or private security. He considered working with Amy's family in their shop but quickly threw that idea out the window. Perhaps he could do manual labor; he was exceptionally stronger than any pony. The clock hanging on the wall in front of him ticked like a metronome. He ran his fingers through his thick black hair and sighed. Amy stirred.

"What's wrong?" she asked sleepily.

"New places make me restless," he confessed, "I'll go for a walk or something."

Amy placed a hoof on his leg to prevent him from leaving, "Talk to me, Killy."

He sighed, he could not resist her beautiful amethyst eyes, "I. . . I. . ." he struggled to speak his mind, "I guess the biggest thing on my mind is: how could you fall in love with someone like me? With someone you just met? With someone you just met and saw his murder streak? With someone you just met, knew nothing about, slaughtered Griffons, and threatened your own life? It. . . I just. . . If I was in your shoes, I couldn't do that."

Amy saw the confusion on his face and smiled up at him, "Because, even though you did all of those things, I never thought you were evil. I looked past everything you did, your exterior, and realized that you were just scared and needed a helping hoof hand. From when you first opened up to me, to the whole trip over here, all you did was talk. You needed somepony to talk to, to listen, to understand you and I wanted to be that pony." She held his face in her hooves, staring deep into his citrine eyes, "Especially now, you need somepony more than ever to help you with your loss; because when I look in your eyes," tears began to pool in her eyes, "I see a scared, lost little boy who has lost everyone who ever loved and cared for him, who has lived a hard lonely life, and the man that I love."

Kyllgorr wrapped his arms around her and brought her in for a long embrace, "I always thought that I would never find love, that I was not meant for love, that no matter how happy I was it would be taken from me instantly in that moment."

Amy stood up to kiss him, "That pain means you really cared for them, and even though they may be gone you will always have your memories of them."

"Memories are just happy nightmares. . ." he replied cynically.

"At least they're happy," she smiled.

Kyllgorr huffed and laid back against the wall, with Amy lying on him, "Can you tell me a story to help me sleep?"

Amy chuckled, "Sure." She cleared her throat and began, "Once upon a time, there was a little colt who kept his sister up all night. He went to her and asked her to tell him a story. Being the red, beautiful, intelligent, compassionate, unicorn goddess that she was. . . she did."

Kyllgorr laughed softly.

Cobalt Blossom stared at Grey. She poked his nose, "Are you dead?"

"Many have tried," Grey groaned as he sat up, "But none have come as close as you have."

"I'm sorry!"

His heart melted seeing her sad eyes and quivering lip, "As long as you're fine, that's all that matters," he pet her head, "None were as adorable as you either."

He removed the iron ingots off him. With Cobalt Blossom's help, the two began cleaning up the mess that once was a tower of ingots. Grey considered it his fault for not watching her closely. Luckily, he noticed the tower falling in time before the metal ended her short life.
They stacked the iron ingots in the corner, only this time, not as high.

"Well, if you are going to be my assistant, you need to know about the castle. C'mon. I'll show you around, CB."

The blue filly hopped by his side gleefully.

Onyx opened the door to Chrysalis' room and noticed a charcoal pegasus with dark turquoise mane and tail with their back to him. The pegasus turned to him with a wide grin and he recognized her peridot eyes. A smile found his face then quickly faded away, seeing two black pegasus fillies at her hooves. When they saw him, they ran up to him happily.

"Daddy! Daddy!" was the last thing he heard before fainting.

Chrysalis laughed mischievously, "Your reaction: priceless!"

"Yeah, yeah, just manipulate my emotions," Onyx replied flatly, he sat up and moved a table and chair next to the bed, where the pegasi sat.

"But of course," Chrysalis smirked.

"Who are they?" Onyx questioned and sat down as a black pegasus filly jumped on his lap and nuzzled him. He scratched her behind her ears. The other black pegasus filly went to Chrysalis' side and watched him with dark blue eyes.

"This," Chrysalis extended a wing over the filly beside her, "Is Jet Sentinel. And the one on your lap is Scout Melanite."

"Nice to meet you two!" Onyx greeted.

"Hiya, Daddy!" Scout Melanite beamed.

"You're adorable, but I am not your father," he quickly turned to Chrysalis, "Right?"

"Perhaps. . ." she smiled wickedly.

"Anyways," Onyx examined the papers and books on the table, "If you are going to teach them Equestrian, I might as well learn alongside Scout Melanite and Jet Sentinel."

"This is going to be fun, right, Daddy?" Scout Melanite beamed.

He smiled, her azure eyes sparkling, "You're cute, Melanie, but we already established that I am not your father."

"Yeah, sis, he's too ugly to be our dad," Jet jabbed, with a toothy grin.

"I'm not above picking a fight with a kid, Jet!" Onyx exclaimed, standing up.

"Bring it ugly!" the indigo-eyed filly jeered.

"Onyx. Sit," Chrysalis snapped, "Do not make me have to kill you."

Onyx sighed defeated, knowing better to get between a mother and her children, and sat down. Jet blew a raspberry at him.

"I know where you sleep, Jet," he thought malevolently.

Princess Celestia stroked Darqlon's crimson mane as he slept. Her sad fuchsia eyes sparkling in the moonlight, she held back her tears. "I am sorry for ever thinking you were behind the cult, Darqlon," she thought. She kissed his forehead before lying down to sleep herself.

Princess Twilight Sparkle sauntered down the dimly lit cobblestone hallway, with a two unicorn guard escort. An explosion rocked the dungeon, which made the three of them run to prisoner's cell faster. When they reached the solitary confinement hallway, smoke and dust clouded their vision. Twilight used her magic to clear the dust. Two pegasus ponies stood at an open doorway. When Twilight reached the door, she saw what they were staring at, a hole in the roof which tunneled up to the castle.

"You two," she pointed to the pegasi, "Follow that tunnel. You two," she turned to the unicorns, "Go warn the guards." The guards saluted and left to follow the Princess' orders.

Twilight scanned the room for clues and found nothing. Oddly, the cot had been thrown to the wall, but she paid no mind to it and focused on the writing on the other walls. A metal thud cracked her skull, dropping to the floor. The last thing she saw was a silhouette standing over her.