• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,569 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,569

Re-Chapter Seven

This trip was not going the way Twilight imagined. Nopony could imagine the horrendous scenes the monster left in its wake. She loathed having to face it, but she gave Princess Celestia and Prince Rutherford her word, and she would see this through to the end. She felt more secure with the ten warriors the prince sent with her.

After trudging an hour through the thick snow and blistering wind, she could see the crater the meteor left. The crater was easily three times bigger than the one in the Everfree Forest. Fragments of rock bordered the crater. In the middle of the crater, there was the meteorite or what was left of it.

The Yak warriors decided it was best to guard the perimeter while the six ponies examined the meteorite. Now that Twilight was closer, she saw what had caught her eye from the rim of the crater: a stony, obelisk-like rock. Strange carvings in the stone made Twilight assumed it was definitely alien in nature.

A howl erupted in the silence.

"Monster!" a Yak yelled at the top of his lungs, before charging out of sight. Three guards followed him.

Their war cry was silenced by a sickening crack of bones and a blood-curdling scream echoed.

"Must protect ponies!" their previous city guide Yak shouted.

Twilight froze in horror as the visage of a black wolf rose behind the Yak. He valiantly slashed his spear at the nose of the wolf but the tip of the spear broke off. His actions only enraged the beast. The other Yaks went to his rescue, leveling their spears at the belly of the beast. Despite their gallant efforts, the beast sent all the Yaks flying off the mountain, with a swipe of its arm. With the Yaks gone, dread descended upon the ponies. Its burning eyes piercing their soul, they were frozen with fear, as the beast drew near.

Something was different about the tiny horses before it. The wolf could sense their power and a familiar scent.

"Please don't eat me!" Pinkie Pie cried, "I taste funny!" Under normal circumstances, the group would have laughed, but this was no laughing matter.

The wolf sniffed the ponies.

"Oh, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasePleeeease! Fluttershy rambled, "Do not eat us, Mister Wolf!"

The wolf sat on his haunches and licked Fluttershy, "Only because you asked nicely," he spoke.

"You can talk?!" Rainbow Dash asked surprised.

"Says the talking little horses," the wolf remarked.

"He does make a point," Applejack said.

"And we are ponies!" Pinkie Pie corrected him.

"Pot and kettle," the wolf said flatly.

"If you could talk, why didn't you talk with them instead of attacking and killing the Yaks?" Twilight demanded.

The wolf stared blankly at the purple pony. "Since you appear different from the others and look important, I will amuse you with further conversation. I agreed not to eat you, but made no promise to not kill you." The ponies shifted nervously. "Who said I did not try to communicate with them? I was defending myself. As you may have noticed, I am not speaking to you through my voice but through telepathy. Perhaps, their thick fur, thick skulls, and thick helmets prevented my thoughts from reaching them?"

Twilight thought about what the wolf said, "So why didn't you just run away?"

"I fear nothing; I run from nothing. In addition, I was hungry and they seemed edible," the wolf answered, licking his chops.

"Do you have any idea how you got here?" Twilight question.

A strong gust of wind made the ponies shudder.

"How about this: we go to some place warmer, where you ponies will not freeze to death and then I will answer your questions. Deal?" the wolf offered.

Twilight turned to her friends, who all quickly nodded. "Fine. We will go back and tell the prince what happened, rest, then depart for Canterlot."

"I will wait for you all at the base of the mountain," he stated. He got up to leave.

"Wait!" Fluttershy shouted, getting his attention, "What is your name?"

"Pleasantries can wait. A snow storm is brewing. You all need to leave now," he warned them, picked up the obelisk in his mouth, then dashed off.

"I do terribly wish to get out of the cold, darling," Rarity placed a booted hoof on Twilight's shoulder. "We should heed his warning." Twilight nodded in agreement.

They all headed back to the comfort and safety of Yakyakistan.

Kyll some more, blood and Gorr.

Kyll some more, blood and Gorr.

"Why are you doing this?!" King Gallus shrieked as he hung upside down.

An evil grin spread across the chanter's lips, "I was locked up once, long ago. Didn't care for it much," he stated.

"I know it was a mistake, but please release me! I was just trying to protect my people!" the broken griffon tried to reason with the giant.

The giant laughed maniacally, "Ironic then, isn't it? What you thought would protect them is the reason they are dead?"

The light tan and bloody griffon groaned in agony, "J-Just kill me then! Spare my subjects! My people are innocent!" he pleads.

"I. Think. Not," the giant snarled.

King Gallus shrunk, staring into the evil saffron eyes of the giant.

Lieutenant Shield Breaker watched the spectacle play out with her binoculars. Boy did she not want to tango with that dragon. Out of the few dragons, she has seen this one was, hoofs down, the largest. It made short work of the changeling army and continued to assault their hive, not wanting to let a single one escape. She felt half sorry for them, but they brought this upon themselves.

Wing beats caught her attention. Her scouts had returned.

"Report," she ordered as soon as their hooves touched the rusty ground.

"You were right, Lieutenant. That deep chasm you spotted in the southwest was created recently by a meteor," Corporal Swift Shoes reported.

Private Farsight added, "There was a strange object in the middle of the crater, but it was too heavy for the two of us to carry, sir."

Lieutenant Shield Breaker contemplated for a few minutes. "Ok. Gather around!" she barked, the other six guards lined up in attention, "You six, pick up the object that Swifty and Farsight located and take it back to Canterlot. You two are with me. After a short rest, we will go introduce ourselves to the dragon."

Private Farsight wanted to protest but held his tongue.

"Is that understood?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" they replied as a unit.