• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,585 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,585

Re-Part III Chapter iii

Celestia saw a naked Grey behind her sister, holding her hips, with his head under her tail. He fell out of bed and Luna tried to hide her embarrassment under the covers. She shook her head, not caring what they were in the middle of doing right now, "You two! My room now!"

"But Tia!" Luna whined.

"This is urgent," Celestia stated. She saw Luna realise her seriousness and received a nod. Celestia left, trotting to her room where the others were to gather.

"Someone had better be dying!" Grey growled as he got dressed.

Luna gave him a short kiss, "We can continue later."

Grey sighed, seriously regretting his statement from earlier. Kyllgorr knelt beside his brother's body on the terrace, crying and choking on his tears. Amy sat beside him as tears rolled down her eyes, she had a hoof on his back. Onyx and Grey watched somberly from the balcony doors. Darqlon leant against the wall, beside them, with a grim expression. The sisters waited respectfully by the bed.

"Price!" Kyllgorr wailed and hugged his body, "Not you too, brother. . ."

"What happened?" Grey asked Darqlon.

Darqlon glanced at Grey and Onyx and heaved a heavy sigh, "I had asked for Price to assist me in finding the missing ponies "

"I don't want the story. I want to know why Price is dead!" Grey demanded.

Darqlon swallowed the lump in his throat, "We got separated and somehow he got caught by these cultists. When I managed to find him, he was chained down in a large room. I broke down the doors to free him, but the cultists sprayed a purple powder into his face, which made him go berserk. I tried to talk to him, but in his eyes, I saw that he was gone. There was no choice but "

Kyllgorr's arms crashed through the wall, his massive hands found Darqlon's neck. Pulling the black alicorn back through the wall created a larger hole.

"You killed my brother!" he snarled, his eyes glowed fiercely.

"I had no choice!" Darqlon choked out.

"Now, I have no choice but to kill you!" Kyllgorr tightened his grip. Darqlon kicked at Kyllgorr to release him, to no avail.

"Killy! Don't!" Amy cried out, tugging at Kyllgorr's shirt.

With a roar, Kyllgorr slammed Darqlon to the ground. His eyes faded, "You. You are dead to me," he sneered between gnashed teeth. For good measure he punched Darqlon in the head and stormed out of the room, carrying his brother, with Amy at his heels.

Darqlon writhed on the cracked granite floor, his head spinning. Onyx left the room silently. Grey followed soon after with Luna by his side.

Celestia rested beside Darqlon, soothing his head with her gilded hoof, "The right choice is seldom the popular or easy choice to make."

". . .Yeah. . ." he groaned.

Kyllgorr and Grey dug a pit on the edge of White Tail Woods. Onyx dragged logs out of the woods and set them by the pit. When Kyllgorr and Grey were done with the pit, Onyx finished setting up stones. Kyllgorr and Grey followed Onyx when he silently beckoned them to follow.
Amy and Luna sat in silence after they wrapped Price with linen sheets and watched the men work. Ten minutes later, they emerged from the treeline hauling a flat boulder over their heads. Grey and Onyx joined the two mares in sombre silence as they watched Kyllgorr line the pit with stones and then with logs. He walked over to his brother and carefully picked him up in his arms. He gently placed his brother on the pyre and covered him with logs and branches.

Onyx lit three torches with his breath and motioned for them to follow him to Kyllgorr. He handed a torch to Kyllgorr. Kyllgorr reluctantly accepted the burning branch.

"Prys," Kyllgorr spoke in a hoarse and depressed tone, "an excellent older brother and wonderful being overall. I know not the reason you died, only that you are gone. I pray to Death, may She look past my sins and hear my prayers and know that I am sincere; I. . . pray to Nature, that She will always watch over you in Her Eternal Forest; I pray to the Father and Mother, to give me the strength to live on and not kill their son Darqlon," Kyllgorr lit the pyre with his torch, tears streamed down his face.

Grey accepted a torch from Onyx and went to Kyllgorr's side, "Prys, you were a great brother and an invaluable friend. You will never be forgotten. I only regret that you could not see the grass of our homeland one last time," Grey threw his branch onto the pyre.

Onyx took Kyllgorr's left side and spoke, "Prys, keep watch over Kyllgorr and make sure he doesn't do anything too stupid. I'll miss you, buddy, but I'll always have the memories of all the trouble and fun we had," Onyx choked up, "Your last breath here, was your first breath of everlasting peace. I only wish we had stood side-by-side on the field of battle one last time. Rest in peace," They all spoke in their native tongue: Vāstùch.

Amy had walked up to Kyllgorr but Onyx shook his head at her and placed a finger on his lips. The five of them observed the pyre burn all day. Before Luna had to raise the moon, the three men lowered the flat boulder megalith over the pit of ashes, sealing them in. Grey squeezed Kyllgorr's shoulder before leaving with Luna. Onyx hugged Kyllgorr farewell.

When night descended over them Amy finally spoke up, "I'm sorry for your loss, Killy."

He turned to her, his eyes pink and puffy, he bent down and hugged her tightly. She pats and rubbed his back, softly humming to Kyllgorr.