• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,585 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,585

Re-Chapter Four

A dreadful howl pierces the silence.

"Just the wind," Güter claims.

A long howl carries in the wind, sounding all to close for me.

"Why Olav not back yet?" I asks.

"Me not know," says Güter.

I hear the crunch of snow to left and turn to look.

I see Güter.

I see why Olav not come back.

Güter see why Olav not come back.

Well, part of him come back.

The front half of Olav in the monster's mouth, come back.

Olav face look scared.

Güter face look scared.

Monster eyes burn yellow, like hot iron.

Monster drop Olav.

Güter says something, but me not hear.

Too afraid.

Me not move.

Too afraid.

Monster crush Güter back.

Too afraid.

Güter cries.

Too afraid.

Monster bite off Güter head.

Too afraid.

Monster breathe on me.

Too afraid.

Monster open mouth.

Too afraid.

Too afraid.

Too

"So, why in Celestia's name did the Princess send us way out here?" Rarity complained, shivering in her tan faux-sheepskin boots.

"Because the Yaks are our new allies and Pinkie is the only pony to ever visit here," Twilight answered, her teeth chattered.

"Yeah!" Pinkie chimed in, "Even if it was for a few seconds! Still, I don't remember it being this cold!"

Rainbow Dash plodded through the snow beside Applejack, "I guess all that fur is good for something."

"Shame we missed the delivery train for the other meteorite," Applejack added to the conversation.

Up ahead Pinkie spotted a familiar cave and stopped in her tracks, "Wait, guys! There is a not-so-friendly monster that lives in that cave! I think that is why nopony ever made it back before."

As they reached the top of the snowy hill a terrible sight laid out before them: the snow had turned red with blood; pieces of Yak were strewn about the entrance of the cave; organs, weapons, and armor littered the area.

Fluttershy fainted.

Rarity turned green and had to turn away from the gruesome scene.

Applejack lowered her hat over her eyes.

Rainbow Dash hid behind her wing.

Pinkie Pie frowned, tears welled up in her eyes.

Twilight could not take her eyes away from the horrible sight. She had to find out what creature was capable of doing such a thing. She mazed her way around the cadavers, to get to the cave opening. Inside, she saw the skeletal remains of Yaks. The rotting body of snow beast caught her attention.

"If something killed that snow beast, then that snow beast could not have killed the Yaks," she concluded in her mind.

A howl seized their attention.

"What is a timberwolf doing way up here?!" Applejack shouted.

"That sounded much bigger than a timberwolf!" Rainbow Dash cried in alarm.

"Quick!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, "Yakyakistan is only two minutes up the mountain!" She ran past the grisly scene, leading the other ponies behind her. Applejack picked up the unconscious yellow pegasus on her back and high tailed after her friends.

When they arrived at the massive wooden gates, they saw that massive claw marks scarred the doors. Chunks of stone littered the area as if two giant statues were broken.

Twilight went to the doors and banged on them with fervor, "Please open up! It is I, Princess Twilight Sparkle!" A second howl sounded throughout the whole mountain top. "For the love of Celestia, please open up!" she pleads.

The doors buckled and slowly groaned open a crack. They did not wait for an invitation to enter through the gates. The gates closed swiftly, with large logs locking them.

"Prince Rutherford want see you," a dark brown Yak with wide horns informed them, "Follow."

As they followed their guide, they were amazed to finally see the Yak homeland for themselves. Large igloo like houses with wooden roofs bordered stone streets and walkways. Not to their surprise, many Yak hid inside their home. They would walk by a fully armed and armored warrior Yak every minute, each grunting as they passed. After they passed a second gate and wall, a massive building towered before them.

"That Prince Rutherford keep," their guide informed them as he ascended the stone steps that led to the keep.

Two Yak guards strained to open the immense keep doors. They marveled as they entered the keep which appeared to have been completely carved out of stone. Even with Prince Rutherford's large size, he was dwarfed by the soaring vaulted ceilings and walls. He sat on a throne, tapping impatiently on the armrest.

The six ponies bowed before the prince.

"Me not lie," Prince Rutherford boomed, ignoring pleasantries, "Me need your help. Many Yak die!"

"We saw what happened. . ." Twilight spoke, "What horrible creature did that?"

"Me not know. Killings happen after burning rock fall from sky. One Yak see monster. North Gate guard Yak. Says monster black as night. With burning eyes and as big as six Yak!" Prince Rutherford opened his arms wide. "Can bite Yak in half... has bite many Yak in half!"

All the ponies gulped loudly.

"Monster prowls south," Prince Rutherford informed, "Maybe ponies find useful stuff in big rock north?" He could see the ponies' hesitance. "I send 10 best warrior Yak with you. Please, I fear Yak safety."

Twilight turned to see the faces of her companions. They each nod silently. "Okay, Prince Rutherford, I promise we will stop this monster for you."

"Me trust you," Prince stated.

"Could we maybe have something to eat and rest, please? We traveled a long way to get here," Twilight said, the other ponies nodding in agreement.

"Good idea. Very not safe at night." He smiled, "Me have rooms for ponies ready. No good to fight sleepy or hungry."

After a surprisingly refreshing dinner, Twilight and the others retreated to their rooms. The thought of facing the monster haunted their minds. Twilight wrote to Princess Celestia, informing her of the dire situation in Yakyakistan. Princess Celestia replied, stating that the other recovery teams are facing similar troubles but to not be too concerned and worry only about the Yak problem for now. She did give good news: their alien had awoken and is much more friendly than anticipated.