• Published 15th Oct 2015
  • 1,585 Views, 34 Comments

Beautiful Rainbows, Unicorns, and Rainbow Unicorns - GamingWolf



Meteors land in Equestria. Aliens emerge. Death. Destruction. Love. Compassion.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,585

Re-Part II Chapter i

Price had given Princess Celestia a great idea on how to introduce them to all of Equestria: tell the public they are ambassadors of different species from a far away land. If she informs the court during one of her sessions that ambassadors of five new clans were planning to visit, the press would spread the news like a wildfire and not cause panic across the land. Yes, the more she ruminated on that idea, the more she began to like it.

She sighed as she tossed and turned on her four post bed. Her sister has been avoiding her ever since she yelled at her last week. Celestia regretted doing that deeply. The white alicorn tossed the purple silk sheets off her and climbed out of bed. Perhaps a night flight would ease her mind. With her soft yellow magic, she opened the glass double doors to the terrace. The regal alicorn, spread her great wings, feeling the cool breeze caress her frame. A familiar black, hazy figure sat on a cloud, his back to her. She launched herself into the air to go and talk with the shade.

Darqlon found a considerable amount of solace in the night: the still, the quiet, the overall tranquility. A sigh left him. How much he covet a body is unfathomable to any mortal. He felt powerless, barren unnatural. That thought amused him, considering his current form was his natural shape, given life by his mother and father. Wing beats fluttered closer and closer. He did not have to look to know who his guest was. She landed softly beside him, her immaculate snow white coat reflecting the moonlight, with her poudretteite eyes sparkling.

"Good evening," Princess Celestia greeted him.

"Good evening. . . your Highness," he bowed respectfully.

She smiled and gazed over the sleeping land of Equestria, "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes. . ." Darqlon agreed, captivated by the majestic princess.

Princess Celestia sat on the cloud, slightly closer to Darqlon. He noticed this. They sat in content silence, watching Ponyville pass below.

"I have decided to put Price's plan in action," said a nervous Princess Celestia.

"To be fair. . . Grey first voiced. . . the idea," he informed.

"I see," Celestia said despondent.

Silence.

Princess Celestia studied the shade beside her: he shared a similar shape with the other aliens, he stood a head taller than her, but his features were lost in his revenant shadow, except for his soft, glowing red eyes, which reminded her of the stop lights of the city. Every second, they would disappear, suggesting that he was blinking. Ponyville disappeared below them, now, they cruised over a sleeping White Tail Woods.

"You know how to. . . make up with. . . Princess Luna. . . you are just being. . . too stubborn," Darqlon stated precipitously. Before a perplexed Celestia could reply, he continued, "The heart will love. . . whom the heart. . . desires. Oft it is said that. . . 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'. . . I found that to be one. . . of many universal truths," his eyes gazed into her fuchsia gems, "You are only. . . straining your relationship. . . with your sister. . . causing you three. . . to suffer."

Princess Celestia heaved a troubled sigh, "You are right. Who am I to wedge myself between their love? Do you think Grey can make my sister happy and treat her right?"

"Without a doubt. Grey is a very loving. . . compassionate. . . and devoted man," Darqlon stated. "But you should try. . . avoiding conflict with him. . . he will push back. He is impartial. . . and rational. . . until the situation. . . becomes personal. You respect him. . . and he will respect you. The best way to. . . apologize to him. . . would be to. . . give him candy."

Princess Celestia giggled, "'Candy'?"

"Oh, yes," Darqlon nodded, "he has an immense. . . sweet tooth. Especially for watermelon. When you do give. . . him the candy. . . do not just give him. . . watermelon candy. . . or he will be. . . suspicious."

Princess Celestia got to her hooves, "I will make amends with my sister, right away." She smiled warmly at Darqlon, "Thank you for your council and time."

Darqlon stood and gave a deep bow, "I aim to please." He admired her as she flew off back to Canterlot. "Truly. . . the heart will love. . . whom the heart desires."

He groaned as he stretched his tired muscles and aching joints. He sat in a chair, breathing in a long yawn. He kicked off his boots, popping his toes, and cracking his knuckles. A cardinal unicorn hopped on his lap, smiling brightly up at him, her amethyst eyes glittering.

"I can't believe we are done!" Amy voiced, resting against the giant, exhausted.

"Y-yeah. Me neither," Kyllgorr replied, still not used to how affectionate Amy was, not that it bothered him. He sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to do with his hands. He played it safe and rested them on the arm rests. The crackling of the fireplace filled the silence.

"I'm glad Princess Celestia didn't throw you in jail," she whispered, gazing up at him.

"I don't know," Kyllgorr groaned, "I never had to clean up my messes before. I think jail would have been letting me off the hook."

Amy just stared up at him.

"Wh-what?" he asked nervously.

"What is the problem between you and Grey?"

An agitated huff escaped him, "I don't want to talk about it."

Amy pouted, then an idea struck her, "What if I give you my finest red yarn and needles, would you tell me then?" She had a sly grin on her lips. She noticed his defenses breaking. She stood on her hind legs, resting her fore hooves on his shoulders, "You will tell me eventually, might as well get something out of it," she said with a crafty grin.

Kyllgorr turned his head away from her to avoid her gaze. Minutes passed and he finally caved in, "You vile temptress. . ." he quipped.

With a smug look, she sat on his lap to listen to his story.

"I can not tell you that story unless I tell you about how we first met," he explained.

"So tell me how you two met."

"What's in it for me?" he inquired.

Amy's jaw dropped in disbelief, she then frowned at him angrily, "Shrewd, shrewd, shrewd."

Kyllgorr chortled. A hoof on his mouth made him stop. He gazed into Amy's yearning violet eyes, finding himself lost in them.

"I just want to know you better and help you," she whispered, her nose touching his.

He melted under her beautiful stare, "I'll... tell you anything you want to know," he said mesmerized.