• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,107 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,107

Chapter Nine: Happy Hearth Warming's Eve!

Chapter Nine: Happy Hearth Warming's Eve!

Just one more day until Hearth Warming's Eve, and everyone was was out and about. Making dinner for the next day, last minute shopping, and some had more decorating to do. Tirek himself, even though he didn't show it, kind of started looking forward to Hearth Warming's Eve according to his girlfriend. Sombra gave Tirek the day off and it was snowing. Tirek exited Seleneville and went for a walk and came to a very clear area. It had no rocks or trees as far as he can see. He looked at his fist and it covered itself with ice then the ice broke off when he tightened his fist. The ice fell to his front hooves. Tirek looked at the ice and how the ice shined in the light. Tirek grinned, "I have an idea!" he slammed both of his fists to the ground and ice came out of the ground.

Saphira was taking a stroll around Seleneville with Umbra. "Aren't you excited, sis?" Umbra asked. "Tomorrow is Hearth Warming's Eve! And I can't wait!"

"Oh, yes! Hearth Warming's Eve is the most wonderful time of the year." Saphira replied.

"Hey, Saphira? If you were created from a lifeless crystal about a month ago, how do you know about Hearth Warming's Eve?" Umbra asked out of curiosity.

"I remember everything that the crystal I came from had been through. Like I remember a time when I colt drew on me when I belonged to somepony out of spite, and I remember a time when a stallion took a piece of me so he can make a ring for his girlfriend. Yes, I was lifeless and I didn't feel pain either but I recall everything even Hearth Warming's Eve. Why, I even remember being used as Hearth Warming's Eve decoration." Saphira told her adopted brother before he laughed at the last part. "And you also may call me an antique; my crystal lasted for over ten centuries. And with age, comes with knowledge. Now that father has brought me to life I can experience everything for myself, even family and love."

"That's amazing! And also, I can't remember when I celebrated Hearth Warming's Eve for the first time but I somehow know about it." Umbra told her.

Saphira immediately knew what Umbra was talking about for she was there when he was the Sombragon and when he was revived as a colt. As a crystal of course. But it was not her place to tell him where he came from. "How strange...." was all she said.

"Yes, very strange. But I guess it's no big deal so I won't worry about it." Umbra decided. "We've celebrated Hearth Warming's Eve with our friends and family recently and that was a very good experience."

"Oh, yes! And my favorite experiences is helping Tirek, making friends with others, and having you as a little brother...." Saphira knelt down so Umbra can hug her and she can hug him back.

"I'm happy to have you as my big sister...." Umbra said making Saphira smile and kiss his head.

In the castle King Sombra and Queen Luna were finishing up on the presents they got for their son and the rest of their family and friends. Luna has just put a bow on a present for Celestia and put it under the really big tree in the ballroom. Sombra just put another present under the tree and said, "That's the last one."

"And this will be the best Hearth Warming's Eve our son has ever had!" Luna added.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

Twilight Sparkle and Spike were making dinner for the next day. "Spike can you get the flour?"

"Sure thing Twilight!" Spike got a stool and reached for the flour in a cupboard.

Flash Sentry came in, "Hi Twilight! Hi Spike!" Spike has just grabbed the flour and then fell off the stool throwing the flour at Flash Sentry! Flash now was all white. "Well, it looks like we're going to have a white Hearth Warming's Eve after all." he said after looking at himself. The three laughed at the joke.
Carousel Boutique

Rarity was humming Hark on the Bells while putting the finishing touches on a dress and putting it in a box. She wrapped up the box and put it with the other presents. "Almost done....." she said.

Sweetie Belle came in, "Hi Rarity!"

"Hello Sweetie Belle."

"Can you help me wrap some of these presents?"

"I'll be right there." Rarity said before picking up a needle and red thread.
Cafe

Hecko, Lolo, and Polkey Dots were in front of the café. Hecko and Lolo were telling jokes while Polkey was balancing on a ball juggling snowballs. "Where does the snowmare go dancing?" Hecko asked Lolo.

"At the snowBALL!" Lolo answered making the ponies watching laugh. "What is the snowmare's personality?" she asked Hecko.

"Flakey!" Hecko answered making them laugh more.

Polkey Dots threw the snowballs in the air, did a back flip on his ball, landed on one front hoof on the ball and started juggling the snowballs on his back hooves making the audience cheer.
Sugarcube Corner

Mrs. Cake hired Guitar Emo to play his electric guitar. Emo was playing Jingle Bells on his guitar. Some of the ponies, even Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, stopped to watch before going into Sugarcube Corner.

Pinkie Pie was selling cakes while wishing everypony a Happy Hearth's Warming Eve. "Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Fa lalalala lalalala. Tis the season to be jolly! Fa lalalala lalalala!" she sung while getting more cakes ready.
Sweet Apple Acres

Big Mac was chopping wood and piling them up. Apple Bloom, Rapper Mouth, and Wild Forrest were having a snowball fight. Granny Smith was making hot chocolate. Applejack has just put the wood in the fireplace and walked back outside. A snowball hit her face, "Hey!" Apple Bloom laughed and then Applejack joined the snowball fight. Rainbow Dash was carrying Scootaloo on her back when they saw the others having a snowball fight. They looked at each other and nodded. With Scootaloo holding on tight Rainbow swooped down.

"Look out below!" Scootaloo yelled. Rainbow and Scootaloo dove into snow covering the others in the process. They all popped out of the snow and laughed. "Lets do that again!"
Fluttershy's Cottage

Fluttershy and Easter, after getting done checking on the animals, sat down on the sofa with a blanket covering them. Easter put an arm across Fluttershy's shoulders and Fluttershy rested her head on Easter's shoulder. Angel Bunny jumped on the sofa, curled up and fell asleep next to Fluttershy. The couple looked at the tree they put up and decorated then kissed.
Yykees' Mansion

Zecora just came to the door with presents on her back and rang the doorbell. The doorbell sounded like a woman screaming in a horror movie. Then spiders came down and landed on Zecora! Zecora screamed and dropped the presents. She then realized that they were fake spiders. Yykees opened the door and laughed, "Wow! You should've seen the look on your face!"

Zecora was annoyed at first, but she smiled. Yykees helped her pick the presents and they went inside. Yykees led Zecora to the music room and put the presents under the black and orange tree. Even the ornaments and lights were black and orange. "It's beautiful my beloved Yykees." she complimented before she looked down and saw what was around the bottom. "Why did you cover the base with spikes?"

"While my daughters and I were going through our decorations I found these collars my wolves used to wear and they wanted it to be around the base. For decorating I suppose." Yykees told her before a mare's ghostly groaning was heard.

"Is that the Boogie Mare I hear?

"Yes, it is."

"Her groaning sounds scary to my ear...." Then the Boogie Mare went through the wall in her corpse form groaning. She floated until she was close enough to Zecora's face. Zecora stood there not looking intimidated.

Then the Boogie Mare turned to her normal form, "Scared you, didn't I?" she asked.

"Floating, undead, your groaning, and eyes lit. That was very scary I will admit."

"My name is Boogie Mare, but you may call me Boo or Boogie if you want too." Boogie said extending her hoof.

The zebra shook it, "My name is Zecora, nice to meet you Boo. My beloved Yykees has told me all about you."

Spectra came out of the floor in front of Zecora and yelled, "Boo!" making her jump.

"What have we here? Why it's the ghost mare Spectra, my dear." Zecora and Spectra hugged.

"My wolves and my cobra would love to see you." Yykees said before whistling for them. Flint and Midnight rushed into the room and pounced on Zecora licking her face. Zecora laughed and stroked their heads then Sliver came in and rubbed against her legs making a hissing sound. "What did I tell you?"

Count Appula and Rose came into the room. "Hi Zecora!" Rose greeted

"Hello Zecora." Appula greeted next. Rose ran up to Zecora and they hugged.

"Hello Appula, hello Rose I am happy to see you." Zecora said.

"Zecora is going to be staying with us until Hearth Warming's Eve." Yykees told them.

"And I brought you all gifts too." Zecora added pointing at the presents she brought.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Now who could that be?" Yykees asked before going to the door and opening it. When he saw who they were Yykees couldn't believe his eyes. It was a green unicorn stallion with brown eyes, grey mane and tail, and his cutie mark was a wrench. Next to him was an orange unicorn mare with green eyes, light black mane and tail, and her cutie mark was needle and thread. They also carried packages with their magic. "Ma?! Pa?!"

"Oh, Yykees...." his mother started crying. "I thought I would never see you again....." she hugged Yykees.

"Hello son. You don't know how happy we are to see you again...." Yykees father said before hugging him too.

"Ma, Pa, how did you find me?!" Yykees asked in a bewildered tone of voice. Yykees let go and noticed a unicorn stallion and a unicorn mare behind them. The stallion had a grey coat, black mane and tail, green eyes, and his cutie mark was an empty book and feather pen. The mare had an orange coat, brown mane and tail, dark orange eyes, and her cutie mark were three pumpkins. The stallion and mare approached Yykees.

"Hello big brother." the mare greeted. Yykees' jaw dropped when he realized that they're his brother and sister!

They all went inside and Yykees showed them the way to the music room where the others waited and put the packages under the tree. Appula was the first to greet them, "Hello Uncle, hello Auntie! Long time no see."

They hugged their nephew, "Hello Appula!" his aunt greeted back. After they let go Appula approached the other two. "Hello, I don't think we've met. My name is Count Appula."

The stallion shook his hoof, "My name is Ghastly Books. I write novels. Scary novels mostly, and I'm Yykees' younger brother."

"I see. It's a great pleasure to meet you, cousin." Appula said before going to the mare. Appula held her hoof and kissed it, "And who are you?"

"My name is Pumpkin Cream. I'm the youngest sister of Yykees. I make deserts out of pumpkins and I own a pumpkin patch." she said. "And you're our cousin, Appula?"

"Yes, I am. My father is an Earth Pony and my mother is a unicorn and your mother's sister." Appula told her.

Yykees brought Zecora, Rose, Boogie, and Spectra over to his parents. "Everyone. I would like you to meet my parents whom I have not seen for about eighteen years." Spectra and Boogie floated up to them and nearly scared them half to death. "Ma, Pa, they are my daughters Spectra and Boogie Mare. Spectra and Boogie Mare, this is your grandfather Workaholic Wake and your grandmother Tailor."

Wake and Tailor were at a loss for words at first, but Wake said to his wife, "Well, would you imagine that? We're grandparents!"

"It's an extreme pleasure to finally meet you, grandfather and grandmother." Spectra said.

"They sure are pretty, Yykees." Ghastly complimented. "You can call me Uncle Gas."

"And you can call me Auntie Cream." Pumpkin Cream added.

"Ooh! I got to write this down!" Ghastly said taking out a paper and pen. "A stallion based off myself having ghost nieces based off of them will make an excellent ghost story."

"Forgive your uncle. He writes stories and whenever he gets an idea we writes it down." Tailor told her adopted granddaughters. Rose approached them.

"Hello, my name is Rose." she greeted shaking their hooves. "I'm Appula's girlfriend and I grow flowers."

"Nice to meet you, my dear." Wake said. Then Zecora came up to them. "Zecora?"

"Yes, Wake and Tailor it is I. Your eyes do not lie." she hugged them.

"It's so good to see you again...." Tailor said before letting go and looking over her. "You look great."

"How have you been?" Wake asked.

"I have been doing very well. You are doing well too, I can tell." Zecora replied.

"Zecora, it great to see you haven't changed a bit. And I always loved it when you rhyme." Tailor told her. Then she felt Sliver against her legs. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"AHHHHHHH!" the cobra screamed back. "You sssssssssssssssssscared me!"

"You scared me!" Tailor replied before putting a hoof on her chest and breathing heavily.

"Oh, I forgot. You still hate snakes do you?" Yykees asked his mother.

"I'm terrified of them!" she replied. Sliver smirked and raised his head and spread his hood. "Ugh! Get that thing away from me!" she whined.

"Sliver, cool it." Yykees ordered. Sliver put his hood back and slivered out of the room. Yykees brought in some chairs and recliners into the music room. Midnight rested his head on a recliner's arm with Pumpkin's hoof on his head. Flint sat down next to Wake who was sitting in a wooden chair. Yykees explained everything that had happened since he got kicked out of his hometown.

"Wow, now THAT is a story!" his brother said.

"I never thought you would go through such a hard time." Pumpkin Cream said.

"Yeah, it was pretty rough for me. By the way when were you two born?" Yykees asked.

"I'm sorry, I never told you." Tailor said before her youngest son and daughter could say anything. "Before you were kicked out I was pregnant with twins. I meant to tell you, but because of your hobbies and what had happened I never got a chance to tell you."

"Oh...." was all Yykees could say.

"Son, I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive us for letting you go. There was nothing we could do...." Wake said sadly.

"Pa, it was not your or Ma's fault. I shouldn't had gotten carried away with my pranking and disturbing others. I had it coming, I say. And yes, I was bitter and very lonely which is why I did what I did to the fillies and the others. Of course if it weren't for them and Spectra I wouldn't have reunited with Zecora." Yykees told everyone. "And I'm just curious how did you two get your cutie marks?" Yykees asked his siblings.

Ghastly Books spoke first. "Me and Pumpkin Cream grew up hearing about you, brother. I wanted to be like you, but I stink at pulling pranks and inventing. I did have some scary ideas in my head so I decided to write it all down. Then I ended up writing ghost stories. After publishing my first scary story I got my cutie mark. I have been writing stories ever since."

Yykees was very surprised. Pumpkin spoke next, "What he says is true. We did grow up listening to stories about you. Hearing about your cutie mare is what got me interested in pumpkins and pumpkin deserts. I started growing my own pumpkins, selling them, making them into jack-o-lanterns, and I eventually learned how to cook pumpkin seeds, make pumpkin spice, pumpkin ice cream, you name it. After mastering them I earned my cutie mark. As I said, I now have my own business. Not only I have a pumpkin patch, I also have an ice cream and candy store."

"Oh, my brother and dear sister." Yykees said before getting up and trotting over to his siblings. "You don't how much this means to me...." they got up too and hugged their older brother. Everyone else was very touched by this. Then their parents joined them.

"We really missed you, son." Wake said.

"I.... I missed you too...." Yykees sobbed. After they let go they went back to their seats. "By the way, how did you find me?"

"About a week ago, while I was writing a new chapter, I sneezed and blew some papers off my desk. I was picking up my papers until an old newspaper caught my eye. I read it, and it said about a haunted house discovered in Flame Geyser Swamp then I read another old newspaper telling about the owner and the truth of the haunted house. Your picture was in it and I showed it to ma." Ghastly explained.

"And when I saw that picture I immediately recognized you. We did some shopping, packed our bags, and left as soon as we can." Tailor added. "And that reminds me. You are like a legend back home and everypony has let it all go so I think you can come back anytime you want."

"Really?" Yykees asked.

"Yes"

"That's.... I truly do not know what to say.... but you see...."

"If you would like to stay here, we'll all understand. We love you son and we always will no matter where you live or what you look like." Wake told him. His wife and youngest son and daughter nodded in agreement.

"I love you all too and I would be more than happy to come home. But.... you see I'm going to be running a business here soon so I might be staying but I do promise to visit you all." Yykees said.

"Business? What kind of business?" Ghastly asked.

"I'm going to be opening up my own Nightmare Night Store that will be open all year round. It'll have anything related to Nightmare Night, costumes, and sweets. And I might also work in repairing old or broken machines and selling inventions that are safe. I'll call my business 'Zoinks! Costumes, Sweets, and Machinery.'

"Why, that's wonderful!" Tailor said.

"That's my boy!" Wake yelled.

"Congratulations, brother!" Ghastly yelled next.

"Sounds like a lot of fun." Pumpkin added.

"You bet. My sister and I get to give our customers a good scare." Boogie replied getting off her seat and floated towards them. She stared at her adopted grandparents for a moment then screamed as she turned to Corpse Form. They screamed and grabbed each other as Boogie turned back to normal and laughed. They recovered and laughed with the others.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

Twilight, Flash, and Spike have just finished making dinner and put it all in the fridge. "Phew!" Spike said.

"Now that the dinner is done, the presents are all wrapped, and the castle is decorated we just have to wait for tomorrow." Twilight said to them.

"Yeah, I can hardly wait!" Spike replied.

"Me neither." Flash said. Twilight stood in the doorway of the kitchen where a mistletoe hung over her head. Flash came over to her and the two kissed. Spike began imagining himself and Rarity standing under a mistletoe and kissing.

"Spike, can you take care of the dishes?" Twilight asked immediately getting Spike's attention.

"Oh, sure thing Twilight." he said before noticing that the dishes were already cleaned.

"Just kidding!" Twilight said before she and Flash laughed.

"Very funny!" Spike said.
Sugarcube Corner

It was dark out and Pinkie has just finished packing up the cakes that she was going to bring to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom. Gummy jumped on the counter. "Oh, okay. One gumdrop." Pinkie said before taking a gumdrop from a container and throwing it. Gummy opened his mouth and caught the gumdrop then swallowed it. Pinkie yawned and looked at the clock. "It's closing time."

"Yes, it is." Mrs. Cake said putting a closed sign at the door.

"We'll see you in the morning, Pinkie Pie." Mr. Cake said before he and his wife went to their room.

"Okay, good night." Pinkie Pie said before taking the wrapped up cakes to her room with gummy on her back. She sat the cakes down and looked out her window. It was night time, many ponies have decorated their homes with lights, stars were out, and it was snowing. It was a rather pretty sight. She looked down and saw Vinyl, with her headphones on and some bags on her back, walking down the street and meeting Octavia who also had bags on her back. Careful to not let one another look into their bags they walked home together. She also saw children playing in the snow with their parents, couples going for walks, then she spotted Party Favor coming towards the Sugarcube Corner with a present on his back. Pinkie gasped and immediately rushed outside to greet him. "Hi Party Favor!"

"Hi Pinkie Pie!" Party greeted back before they hugged.

"What are you doing around these parts?" Pinkie asked.

"I got a present for you." Party replied taking the present off his back and giving it to Pinkie.

"For me? Oh, you're the dearest-dear!" Pinkie yelled before nuzzling him, making him blush. "Would you like to come in and stay for a while?"

"Oh, don't mind if I do. It's a really long way back to Seleneville and it's cold out here." together they went into Pinkie's apartment. After Party warmed himself he sat down at the table. Pinkie cut up some cake for herself and for him and put them on two plates before sitting down at the table with him. "Thanks Pinkie. Smells great!" he took a bite, "Tastes great too!"

"Thanks! I made it myself." Pinkie Pie took a bite, too. "Mmm, and to think I made this three months ago." Party Favor spat out his cake and coughed. "Kidding! I made this three days ago." Pinkie assured him before laughing.

Party laughed too, "You really got me there!" he wiped his face off with a napkin. "By the way have you heard about Tirek today?"

"No. What's up?"

"I have heard a rumor that Tirek is building something using his new ice powers. It's for his girlfriend I suppose."

"Saphira?"

"Yes, that' her. You know, I'm really starting to think Tirek might really have feelings for her."
Seleneville

Saphira was in the Throne Room talking with King Sombra, Queen Luna, and Umbra. "Do you mind if I call you father?" she asked King Sombra.

"Of course you may. You are one of my greatest creations." Sombra told her. Overjoyed Saphira hugged King Sombra who hugged her back.

"And you may call me mother or mom if you want to." Luna told her before joining the hug.

After they let go Saphira asked, "Can I ask you something, father?"

"Of course. Anything." Sombra replied.

"It's about Tirek." she sighed, "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

King Sombra and Luna looked at each other for a moment then back at their adopted daughter. "Yes, as a matter of fact I do." King Sombra told her. "When I first met your mother, I felt love. She was my very first friend, later girlfriend, now my wife. You still remember that day, my dear?"

"Oh, how can I ever?" Luna asked. "I remember it as if it were yesterday." she and Sombra kissed. "Why do you ask?"

"Because, when I first saw Tirek I felt weird if you know what I mean." her parents nodded. "Tirek is very good-looking to me, brave, very strong, and had become very loyal even though he never admits such things. As the time we spent together this past month I have grown rather fond of Tirek. I know he looks scary to others and can be very ambitious, but I believe that he is a tortured good-hearted creature. It's just.... I believe to have fallen in love with him. I just don't know how I can tell him...."

"Just take your time. Be yourself. It's all you can do." Sombra told her. Then Tirek came in and spotted Saphira.

"Oh, there you are! I have been looking for you." Tirek said to her. "Can you come with me? I would like to show you something." Saphira smiled and looked at her adopted parents who nodded a yes.

Together she and Tirek were on their way to the spot Tirek has been all day. "Tirek, there is something I have been meaning to talk to you about."

"It's funny." Tirek replied.

"What's funny?" Saphira asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something too." Saphira blushed and got a feeling that she knew what he wanted to talk to her about.

"Tirek, where are we going?"

"If I told you that would ruin the surprise." Tirek replied. "We're almost there." they eventually made it to the spot and Saphira gasped. In the spot was a really huge mum flower made out of ice. It sparkled as if it were a crystal and it shined in the moonlight.

"It's.... it's beautiful...."

"I made it for you, Saphira."

Saphira's smile got bigger as she looked up at her boyfriend. "You did all this.... for me? Oh Tirek!" she wrapped her arms around him. Tirek looked down at his girlfriend and smiled. He wrapped his arms around her. His arms and hands felt warm. "Tirek?"

"Yes Saphira?"

"What I wanted to talk to you about is.... well.... you see.... when we first met I felt attracted to you...."

Tirek grinned, "I felt the same way about you when I first laid my eyes on you.... it was a feeling that I never felt until I met you...."

Saphira smiled, "I have never felt this way before either until I met you too. I mean I have friends that are like family to me, but I have never felt so in love as I am with you before...." Saphira gasped when she realized what she just said.

"You're in love with me? With a demon?" Tirek asked in a bewildered tone of voice.

Saphira was very hesitant at first, then she said, "Yes, I am in love with you. You are not a demon to me, you are a gifted centaur."

"You really mean that?" Tirek asked.

"Yes, I do my lord. Do you feel the same way for me?" Saphira asked.

Tirek was now hesitant for a moment then he answered, "Yes, I feel like I'm in love with you. In the beginning I did not know anything about love and friendship and I desired power. I think it was because I didn't know about friendship, love, and family that I became power-hungry and very ambitious. I had made plans to overthrow King Sombra, to be honest, but he made it so I wouldn't be able to do that and I was very displeased. When I first saw you, I thought I could use a queen by my side. But you have changed me, and you were able to reason with me. And the more time I spent with you, the lot more different and better I felt. When I started doing good things I soon realized that I was not just doing it for myself I was doing it for others and for you mostly. I suppose you can say that I have reconsidered and I would rather spend all eternity with you."

"Oh, Tirek.... you have changed so much.... and I want to be with you always as well...." Saphira replied. "And I can't keep it to myself anymore. I love you Tirek...." she hugged him again and rested her head on his muscular chest.

"I.... I.... I love you too Saphira. More than anything...." Tirek returned the hug then their eyes met. Then they had their very first kiss. They were unaware that they were being watched by some ponies who decided to follow them and Discord. In the sky Rainbow Dash and Soarin were just passing through spending quality time together when they too spotted Tirek and Saphira kissing.

"Ew, gross!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I think it's great that Tirek had found love at last." Soarin said happily.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm just not used to Tirek, well you know, being a good demon and him having a centauress as girlfriend." Rainbow Dash. "Then again, love comes in all forms doesn't it?"

Soarin smiled and nodded. "Yes, like Eclipse and Scorpan, Discord and Celestia, and Spike having a crush on Rarity."

"Not to mention a class clown and a great Wonderbolt." Rainbow added before putting a hoof on her mouth. Soarin smiled again as Rainbow Dash blushed. "Oh, boy...."

"That reminds me, there is something I have been meaning to talk to you about in private." Soarin said. Rainbow immediately knew where this was going but she followed Soarin.

"Happy Hearth Warming's Eve, Tirek...." Saphira said.

"Happy Hearth Warming's Eve, Saphira...." Tirek said before they hugged and kissed again. They let go and looked at the ice sculpture and the stars. Discord motioned the other ponies to go back to Seleneville before he teleported.
The next morning....

Shining Armor, Cadance, Alexandrite had their first Hearth Warming's Eve together at the Crystal Empire. Alexandrite walked over to one of his presents and tried opening it up. His parents watched happily before they kissed.

Moondancer and her sister were celebrating Hearth Warming's Eve at Moondancer's house. Moondancer got her sister a new tea set and a coffee maker while she got Moondancer new books and a new book bag with Moondancer's cutie mark on it. They hugged and nuzzled each other.

Queen Ra Isis gave her daughter gold coins and jewelry. Aziza gave her mother a clay model of a sphinx that Umbra helped her make. Ra Isis kissed her daughter's head and looked at the model happily before putting it on display.

Cold Hooves went to Princess Flurry and gave her a Blue Raspberry ice cream cone while blushing. Flurry took it and licked it, "Mmm! My favorite! Thank you." she kissed Cold Hooves cheek making him blush until he was different shades of red. Flurry gave Cold Hooves Blueberry Ice Cream. He recovered and took it happily before they went on a walk. King Glacier has just given his wife a new necklace made out of ice. Queen Arctica gave her husband a dark blue blanket with Glacier's cutie mark on it before they kissed.

Vinyl has just given Octavia a new bow and strings for her cello. Octavia has just given Vinyl new records before they hugged and started playing music together.

Luau Tiki Island celebrated Hearth Warming's Eve by exchanging gifts and dancing.

Pumpkin Cream gave Yykees a pumpkin pie. Yykees gave her a mechanical pumpkin that he built that acts like an alarm if anypony tries to sneak into her property. Ghastly gave Yykees five scary stories that he had written. Yykees gave his brother empty books he found in his library for him write in. Tailor gave Yykees a new cape while Wake gave him new tools and supplies for his work. Yykees gave his father access to his lab and his new teleporter Twilight and George helped him build. Yykees gave his mother access to the room where he makes costumes and a lot of new material. Rose gave Appula a sack full of apples and apple juice while he gave Rose a bouquet of different colored roses he got at Fantome's greenhouse. Yykees gave Appula fake vampire teeth and Rose a watering can with a red rose on it while they gave Yykees more mechanical supplies. Zecora gave Yykees a book of medicine while Yykees gave her a zebra striped cloak. Boogie and Spectra gave each other ghost pony shaped ornaments and gave their father a new yellow plastic skull mask. "We made it ourselves." Spectra told him. Yykees gave his daughters new white dresses. Yykees gave his wolves rope toys to play with and his cobra a basket with a lid. They were all happy with their gifts and were more happy because their family is back together.

At Rapper Mouth's house Rapper just gave Guitar Emo new guitar strings and hair dye. Guitar Emo gave his brother a box and motioned him to open it. Rapper did and a pie came out and got on his face! Emo laughed so hard that he fell on his back. After he recovered and Rapper wiped his face off Emo gave his brother a pair of black sunglasses with yellow lightning bolts on the sides and grinned. "Children, your Hearth Warming's Eve pancakes are ready!" their mother yelled.

"All right!" Emo yelled before he and his brother ran to the dining room.

"Did you open any presents?" their father asked.

At the comedians' house Hecko and Lolo gave Polkey Dots a joke book. Polkey gave Hecko a new squirt flower and Lolo a new jester baton then they all embraced. After they let go, Lolo told Polkey Dots, "You're going to be a big brother, soon." Polkey gasped and they hugged again.

"Wait till my friends hear about this!" Polkey yelled before running out of the house. Hecko and Lolo looked at each other, smiled, and kissed.

"If it's a boy, we should name him PJ." Hecko said.

"PJ?"

"Practical Joker."

Lolo giggled, "If it's a girl, we should name her Jessie Jester. JJ." Hecko chuckled and they kissed again.

Flash Sentry, Spike, Twilight Sparkle, Easter, Fluttershy, Party Favor, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Soarin, Rainbow Dash, Wild Forrest, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle were just about to get ready for the party when Polkey Dots stormed in. "Hey guys! My parents are going to have a baby soon!" with that they all cheered.

Wild Forrest trotted up to him, "Congratulations, buddy!"

"You're going to be a big brother!" Twilight said before hugging the little clown.
In Seleneville

"Tirek, this is for you." Saphira said giving Tirek a present. Tirek opened it up and found a black cape. "I made it. And it has a gold T and the cape matches your black and gold armor."

"Yes, it does." Tirek replied putting the cape on. "Thank you Saphira."

"I got you something, too." Scorpan said handing him a present. Tirek just looks at him and then opens the box. Inside was a black pocket watch with #1 Brother in gold letters. "Happy Hearth Warming's Eve, you big jerk." Scorpan said punching his brother's arm playfully.

Tirek grinned, "Happy Hearth Warming's Eve, you big pain." he replied before flicking Scorpan on the forehead. He and Scorpan hugged each other. "I didn't get you anything." Tirek said after they let go.

"You came back to me, brother. That's the greatest gift I ever had." Scorpan replied.

Eclipse trotted up to them. "I saw hugging!" she said happily. "Everything alright between you two?"

"Yes, everything is good." Scorpan replied. Tirek nodded in agreement.

"Did you tell him?" Eclipse asked.

"Oh, no I didn't. Tirek, I got big news." Scorpan said.

"Take a look at my horn." Eclipse told Tirek and Saphira. They looked and saw a silver ring with an amethyst. Saphira gasped when she saw what it was. "Scorpan proposed! We're getting married!" Saphira and Eclipse squealed with joy and hugged each other.

Tirek looked at Scorpan and put a hand on his shoulder, "Congratulations, little brother."

"Thank you, big brother."

At the tree in the ballroom, Umbra received many presents: sapphire shoes from Luna; sapphire breastplate from Sombra; a practice sword from Midknight Ruby; different kinds of gems from Sapphire Gemstone; and a miniature crystal sculpture of Prince Umbra and Princess Aziza from Saphira. "Wow, this is great! Thanks everyone!" Umbra yelled. "I got you all something too. This is for you, Pappapa and Gramma." Umbra said giving them a picture of them and Umbra in a picture frame Umbra made out of Popsicle sticks painted white and in colorful letters it said 'I love my Gramma' and 'I love my Pappapa'.

"Oh, this is sweet! Thank you!" Sapphire yelled kissing Umbra's head.

"Yes, it's very creative. Thank you, son!" Midknight said next before giving Umbra a noogie.

Umbra trotted over to his parents. He presented Luna with a full moon ornament he made out of clay with 'MOM' carved into it. He presented Sombra with a diamond shaped clay model ornament painted light green with 'DAD' carved into it. Sombra smiled, "My son, you never cease to amaze me." Umbra smiled and hugged his father.

"This is excellent! Thank you, Umbra." Luna complimented before hugging her son too and kissing his head. After they let go Sombra and Luna used their magic to put the ornaments on the tree.
Canterlot

Discord, Isle, and Sombra were in the decorated Throne Room. Discord gave Isle a staff similar to her staff except it had a decorated Hearth Warming's Eve tree instead of palm tree leaves and carved coconuts. Discord gave Celestia a sparkly new dress that had the same colors and pattern at her mane. "This is lovely! Thank you." Celestia said before kissing Discord.

"This is fantastic!" Isle yelled holding up her new staff with her left hoof. "We have something for you too." She and Celestia motioned the guards to bring in a big present.

"Now THAT is what I call a Hearth Warming's Eve gift!" Discord yelled with his eyes wide open. He rushed over to it and opened it up with his magic. Discord gasped when he saw that it was his throne!

"Discord, you have done so much good and we believe that you are now ready to take your throne back." Celestia said with a smile.

"You mean it?" Discord asked in a girly voice as Celestia nodded. "This will look great in my house! Only it will be my castle!" Discord gasped, "I can't wait to get started!" with that he teleported with his throne. He teleported back, "Happy Hearth Warming's Eve Celestia and Isle! Drop by my castle, when it's finished, anytime!" he teleported again. Celestia and Isle looked at each other, smiled, and exchanged gifts.

The Mane Six, Easter, Flash Sentry, Party Favor, Spike, the CMC, the CMS, and their families and friends started the Hearth Warming's Eve party at the Friendship Rainbow kingdom. There was music, dancing, gift exchanging, foods and drink, and anything imaginable. Twilight looks at the screen and yells, "Happy Hearth Warming's Eve Everypony!"