• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,106 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,106

Chapter Seven: The Phantom of Canterlot

Chapter Seven: The Phantom of Canterlot

It was only two more weeks until Hearth Warming's Eve, and everypony and creature were still preparing. Twilight Sparkle, Bon Bon and Lyra were on their way to Canterlot to celebrate Hearth Warming's Eve at Moondancer's house. Moondancer told Twilight that she can bring Prince Umbra, Princess Aziza, the CMS, and the CMC. The more the merrier Moondancer said. The mare's walked down the streets to Moondancer's house with presents on their back and the kids following them.

Moondancer's house has been cleaned, repainted, and repaired. Her yard was covered with snow, and a wreath hanged from the outside of the door.

"Canterlot is beautiful!" Aziza said looking everywhere, "Your aunt must be a wonderful princess!"

Umbra blushed, "Yes, yes she is wonderful...." he said.

Twilight knocked on Moondancer's door. Moondancer opened, "Twilight!"

"Moondancer!" they yelled and hugged.

"And Lyra!" they hugged too.

They let go and Twilight introduced the kids to her friend. "Everypony, this is Moondancer. Moondancer, this is Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Wild Forrest, Polkey Dots, Rapper Mouth, Prince Umbra, and Princess Aziza."

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am." Prince Umbra said politely.

"Hi kids! Welcome to my house. Please, come in!"

They all walked in. Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, and Minuette were sitting on the couch enjoying hot choculate and talking about random things and laughing. "Twilight! Lyra!" Minuette yelled crashing into them hugging them. Then the other two joined in.

"So good to see you again!" Lemon Hearts yelled.

Twinkleshine ran up to the kids, "Oh, and you brought children with you too! And Bon Bon, Hi!"

The kids sat their bags down, the mare's sat the presents under Moondancer's empty tree and they all sat down in the living room. "I don't believe it! Meeting Princess Celestia's nephew in pony! You're much cuter up close!" Minuette squealed.

"Oh, thank you...."

Minuette turned to Wild Forrest, "And look at those muscles!"

Wild Forrest flexed his small muscles, "I work out in Everfree Forest." he told them.

"It's true." Apple Bloom added.

"And you're from Pyramidville?" Minuette asked Aziza.

"Yes, and my mother is Queen Ra Isis and my father was King Asim before he passed."

"Awe, that's to bad." Bon Bon said hugging the alicorn filly.

"We're sorry...." Moondancer added.

"Thank you." Aziza replied.

"What was your father like?" Twinkleshine asked.

Aziza thought for a moment and said, "My father was a unicorn stallion. His coat was a bluish green, his mane, tail, and eye color was emerald green, and his Cutie Mark was the phoenix. He was so kind, loving, charming, fair, and, like my mother, protective. We never had one argument and was the best father I ever had."

"He sounds like a good stallion." Polkey Dots said.

"Yes, and he always will be. Even though he passed I still love him. He'll always be my father." Aziza replied.

The mares, colts, and fillies were very moved by this. Umbra reached into his bag and got out a picture of he, King Sombra, and Queen Luna in front of the Crystal Empire. He held the picture close before putting back into his bag. "Umbra?"

"Yes, Twilight?"

"Is something the matter?"

Umbra shook his head, "No...."

Moondancer went into the kitchen and came back with a plate full of cookies. They all got their cookies and continued their conversation. "How have things been Moondancer?" Twilight asked.

She adjusted her glasses, "I've been doing great! And if you haven't helped me I would've stayed reclusive."

"I'm happy for you." Twilight replied.
Seleneville

Tirek walked down the decorated halls in Sombra's and Luna's castle with a disgusted look on his face. "Hearth's Warming Eve, who cares?" he asked himself.

The General stopped him, "Hello Colonel. Having a merry day?" he asked enthusiastically.

Tirek grunted, "I'm never merry on Hearth Warming's Eve....."

"Oh, come on! Hearth Warming's Eve is the time to be merry, to forgive, to give, and be with family and friends." the General said as Tirek yawned as if he was bored.

"Happy holidays General...." he said sarcastically and continued on his way.

One of Luna's knights asked the General, "What is it that could make a Centaur like him so cold and hard?"

The General shook his head, "A very good question."

One of Sombra's knights joined the conversation, "Hello! Are you doing anything special for Hearth Warming's Eve?"

The General and Luna's knight looked at him. The General said, "Yes, I'm going to be celebrating Hearth Warming's Eve with my girlfriend and her family. What about you?"

"Same here. She said that she has a big surprise for me and I got one for her too." the knight said taking out a small box, "This Knight is going to propose!"

"Good for you! I'm going to be having dinner with my girlfriend tonight and celebrate Hearth's Warming's Eve with her and her family too. On Hearth Warming's Eve of course." Luna's knight replied.

Saphira approached the three, "Good evening, sirs. Have you seen Tirek?"

The General pointed in the direction Tirek went, "He went that way. I think he's going to the Throne Room."

"Thank you kindly."

"She's gorgeous...." the General said. "Just don't tell your girlfriend." Sombra's knight replied before they laughed.

Saphira caught up with Tirek, "Hello Tirek!"

He looked down at her, "Hello Saphira.... Is everything alright?"

"Oh yes, everything is just fine! Is something the matter, my lord? You have been acting kind of grumpy these past few weeks." Saphira asked concerned.

Tirek grunted, "I don't want to talk about it...." he muttered.

They passed a hallway, stopped, and backed up. They saw Scorpan and Eclipse. Scorpan handed Eclipse a present, "This is for you." he said before blushing. Eclipse happily took it and opened it.

She gasped and took out a amethyst necklace with a purple chain. "Scorpan, it's beautiful! I got something for you too." Eclipse handed him a present. Scorpan opened it. Scorpan took out an ornament of himself and Eclipse. "I made it myself." she said.

"It's.... it's very good! I didn't know you were an artist." Scorpan said in a surprised tone of voice.

"It's one of my hobbies. You like it?" Eclispe asked.

"I love it!" Scorpan yelled before looking up, "Hey, isn't that the mistletoe?" he asked.

"Uh-huh!" Eclipse wrapped her arms around Scorpan's neck and kissed his face.

Saphira chuckled before she and Tirek continued down the hallway. Out of curiosity Tirek asked, "Where did Scorpan get that necklace?"

Saphira looked up at him, "Scorpan hired some dogs to help him search for purple diamonds and gems. The Diamond Dogs I think they're called. They were kind enough to let him keep the amethyst he found. After all, he helped them find a lot of diamonds and gems. And between you and me, I think your brother is trying to befriend them."

"Really?" Tirek asked.

"Really really! He's such a nice gargoyle, your brother." Saphira replied.

"He's always had a soft spot for others....." Tirek muttered.
Canterlot

The mares and kids stood in front of the Donut Shop with some musicians. Lyra was playing the harp as they played Hearth Warming's Eve music. Twilight picked up a music stick with her magic as she stood in front of her friends, "Ready?" she asked receiving a nod from the others. They sung: "On the first day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: a very sweet cookie!"

Bon Bon: "On the second day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Scootaloo: "On the third day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Sweetie Belle: "On the fourth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Apple Bloom: "On the fifth day of Hearth Warmin's Eve my true love gave to me:"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Moondancer: "On the sixth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Lyra: "On the seventh day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Seven strumming harps!" she strummed her harp.

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Twinkleshine: "On the eighth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Eight stars are sparkling!"

Lyra: "Seven strumming harps!"

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Apple Bloom: "Yummy!"

Sweetie Belle: Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Lemon Hearts: "On the ninth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Nine donuts baking!"

Twinkleshine: "Eight stars are sparkling!"

Lyra: "Seven strumming harps!"

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Minuette: "On the tenth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Ten hour glasses emptying!"

Lemon Hearts: "Nine donuts baking!"

Twinkleshine: "Eight stars are sparkling!"

Lyra: "Seven strumming harps!"

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Apple Bloom: "At Sweet Apple Acres!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Wild Forrest, Polkey Dots, and Rapper Mouth: "On the eleventh day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Eleven tree houses to hang out in!"

Minuette: "Ten hour glasses emptying!"

Lemon Hearts: "Nine donuts baking!"

Twinkleshine: "Eight stars are sparkling!"

Lyra: "Seven strumming harps!"

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

Umbra and Aziza: "On the twelfth day of Hearth Warming's Eve my true love gave to me: Twelve priceless crystals!"

Wild Forrest, Polkey Dots, and Rapper Mouth: Eleven tree houses to hang out in!"

Minuette: "Ten hour glasses emptying!"

Lemon Hearts: "Nine donuts baking!"

Twinkleshine: "Eight stars are sparkling!"

Lyra: "Seven strumming harps!"

Moondancer: "Six books are stacking!"

Altogether: "FIVE DELICIOUS APPLES!"

Apple Bloom: "Yeeeee-haw!"

Sweetie Belle: "Four shiny gems!"

Scootaloo: "Three fast scooters!"

Bon Bon: "Two tasty bon bons!"

Altogether: "And a very sweet cookie!"

After they finished the crowd watching cheered. Twilight Sparkle turned around and bowed with her friends. Twilight's horn glowed and five sugar cookies the size of pizzas appeared, cut into pieces, and everypony got a piece. Twilight went to Moondancer, "That was a great idea, Moondancer!"

"Thank you Twilight. It took me all night to bake all those big cookies, but it was worth it!" Moondancer replied looking at the ponies who got a piece of the cookies. They were all happy and enjoying the sweet cookies. In the crowd a stallion wearing a black hood and robe looked at Lyra. Lyra looked over to him. He gave Lyra the creeps.

"Um, Bon Bon?" Lyra said looking at her then looking back.

The stallion was gone. "Yes, Lyra?"

"It's.... it's nothing....." Who was that pony? Lyra thought to herself.

"That was so much fun, it's to bad we're done!" Rapper Mouth rapped.

"Yeah, and it's my first time singing in front of a crowd." Aziza replied.

"Were you nervous?" Umbra asked.

"Just a little, but I'm alright. Thanks for asking." Aziza said before kissing Umbra's cheek making him blush.
Seleneville

Tirek and Saphira walked down the streets in Seleneville. Saphira seemed to be enjoying herself, but Tirek looked like he was in a bad mood.

Then the children Tirek saved from the changelings ran up to him with saddle sacks on their backs. "Tirek!" one of them yelled.

"Tirek, Tirek, Tirek, Tirek!" another one yelled.

"Oh, how cute!" Saphira said.

"You remember us?" a filly asked.

"You saved us!" a colt added.

Tirek took a good look at them and said, "Yes, I remember. What can I do for you?"

"We've been wanting to give you these!" a colt answered. They gave him their saddle sacks. Tirek was surprised but he took the sacks and opened them up. Inside he found pictures of him drawn by the kids, clay models of him, homemade ornaments, and different kinds of cookies.

"These are for me?" Tirek asked in a bewildered tone of voice as he went through the pictures.

"It's our way of saying thank you for saving us and it's almost Hearth Warming's Eve." a filly said.

Tirek was at a loss for words. No one outside my family has ever given me anything before..... Tirek thought.

"Oh, look at this one!" Saphira said getting Tirek's attention. Tirek looked and saw a drawing of himself and Saphira in a heart made out of fake flowers. "This is lovely!" Saphira told the kids.

Tirek grinned, "I never thought I say this, but thanks...." Saphira smiled at him after he said that.

The children started bouncing up and down. "Are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?" a filly asked.

Tirek and Saphira looked at each other and smiled, "I'm willing to give it a try." Tirek said.

"Me too." Saphira replied.
Canterlot

The mares and kids were walking through Canterlot enjoying the scenery. Canterlot is really beautiful at that time of year. They stopped at a park and Wild Forrest saw some kids sliding on the ice and motioned Apple Bloom to join him. Apple Bloom was on his shoulders waving her arms in the air as he slid on the ice spinning around in circles. "Yee-haw!"

Apple Bloom almost lost her balance and covered Forrest's eyes. "Hey! I can't see!" then they crashed into a tree making the snow fall on them. Some of the kids laughed as Forrest dug his way out of the snow and helped Apple Bloom out.

"That was fun! Let's go back to where we started and do it again!"

Polkey Dots, with help from Minuette, made some snowballs and started juggling them. "Go, Polkey, go!" Minuette yelled.

"I can do this all day!" Polkey Dots yelled.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders started building a snowmare after yelling, "Cutie Mark Crusaders Snowmare Builders!"

"You never get tired of rapping?" Lemon Hearts asked out of curiosity.

"Never, rapping is what I was born to do. And I can also rhyme, dance, and moonwalk too!"

"Wow, that's very good!" Twinkleshine complimented.

Twilight Sparkle and Moondancer were sitting on a bench having a conversation while Prince Umbra and Princess Aziza were going for a walk. "Even the park is beautiful...." Aziza whispered.

"Yes, it is. But not as beautiful as you...." Umbra replied before gasping. Oh boy, did I say that out loud?

Aziza blushed, "You're so romantic...."

Umbra blushed again, "Oh.... I'm.... just a nice dark unicorn...." he said.

Aziza giggled, "Not only you're cute, but you're humble...." she said before she rested her head on Umbra's shoulder.

Bon Bon sat down on a another bench while Lyra was playing her harp. "Just listening to your harp makes me want to relax...." Bon Bon said with a sigh.

"Thank you Bon Bon." Lyra continued playing her harp unaware that the same hooded pony was watching from a distance.
Moondancer's House

They went back to Moondancer's house. Aziza warmed herself at the fireplace before helping her friends decorate the tree. "Cutie Mark Crusaders Tree Trimmers!" the CMC yelled together.

Lyra came into the room with a box of decorations. Bon Bon was helping Moondancer and Twilight Sparkle make dinner. Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkleshine were in another room wrapping presents. "Twilight is going to love these!" Minuette said putting some beakers in a box before wrapping it up.

"Forrest will look good in this sweat band. Can you imagine living in the wilderness your whole life?" Lemon Hearts asked before putting a green sweat band with a picture of Wild Forrest's Cutie Mark on it into a box and wrapping it.

"No, it must be hard." Twinkleshine replied before putting a bow on one of the wrapped presents.

"By the way have you noticed something wierd going on today?"

"Now that you mention it, I think Lyra has been a little nervous since caroling." Minuette said.

"I have been seeing somepony dressed like a phantom, but it's a little late for Nightmare Night." Lemon Hearts said making herself and her friends giggle.

"Who could he, or she, be?" Twinkleshine asked.

Soon the tree was done and after dinner Moondancer was about to plug in the lights. "Everypony ready? Here we go!" she plugged it in and the tree glowed. They all gasped in awe as the CMC looked at their blank flanks. No Cutie Marks much to their disappointment. Aziza's eyes sparkled with delight, "So.... pretty...."

"Pappapa and Gramma would love to see this." Umbra added. Moondancer, with help from Lyra and Bon Bon, brought in a piano with their magic.

"Music time!" Moondancer yelled as they sat the piano down.

"Oh boy!" Umbra yelled getting on the seat.

"Do you know how to play the piano?" Aziza asked. "Yeah, I've been taking lessons from my dad." Umbra replied before he started playing Deck the Halls. They all watched Umbra playing the piano unaware that the same phantom was watching through a window. He took a good look at Lyra and teleported. Forrest's ears perked and he looked at the window.

He reappeared in a cave behind the waterfall outside the kingdom. He walked in and met some stallions in tuxedos. "Is everything ready?" the phantom asked.

"Yes, boss. Your organ is ready and the musicians are eager to get started." one of the stallions said.

The phantom nodded, "Good, now all we need to do is wait until midnight."
After midnight

Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkleshine went home. Everypony in Moondancer's house was asleep. Umbra and Aziza slept in front of the fireplace on a big pillow; the CMC slept on the couch; The CMS slept on a chair. Forrest slept on top of the chair, Rapper Mouth slept on the right arm of the chair, and Polkey dots slept on the other. Bon Bon and Lyra shared the same bed as did Twilight and Moondancer. Lyra woke up, craving for water. She went to the kitchen quietly and went to the sink with a cup. After she had her fill she started heading back to bed. Suddenly came the sound of a harp playing. She looked outside the window and saw a harp with wings playing and floating by itself, or was it? Lyra rubbed her eyes and looked again. Her eyes didn't deceive her. The music was the Pas De Deux from The Nutcracker, one of Lyra's favorite songs. Drawn by it she went outside and dared to touch the harp. The harp floated away making Lyra follow it. A little while later Wild Forrest woke up and yawned, "Was that the harp?" he got off the chair and went to the room Bon Bon and Lyra slept in. Lyra wasn't there. Wild Forrest checked every room but he didn't find Lyra anywhere. "WAKE UP!" he yelled making everyone jump. Bon Bon hit her head on the ceiling, Umbra and Aziza grabbed each other, Rapper Mouth and Polkey Dots fell off the chair, The CMC huddled together, Twilight and Moondancer grabbed each other.

"Hey, what's the big idea?" Polkey demanded.

"We're trying to get some sleep!" Scootaloo added.

"What's all the hubbub about?" Moondancer asked.

"Lyra is missing!" Forrest yelled.
At the cave behind the waterfall

Lyra followed the harp into the cave without thinking twice and soon she heard more harps being played much to her delight. She came to deepest part of the cave and gasped. Icicles hanged from the ceiling, candles were lit, and mares were playing their harps. "Wow! What is this?" Lyra asked getting one of the mare's attention.

"This is all for you. You are Lyra Heartstrings, are you not?"

"Why, yes. I.... I....." Lyra was at a loss for words. She walked further and looked around, "It's beautiful!" she was stopped by the phantom.

"I'm glad you like it, my dear." he said.

Lyra instantly recognized him, "You're..... you're that pony I saw earlier today!" the phantom nodded,

"Yes. Please forgive me. I don't mean to cause you any fright...." he said before removing his robe and showing his face. He was a dark purple unicorn with a black mane combed down and in a ponytail, a black tail, bluish green eyes and suit, and his Cutie Mark was two white horse shaped opera masks with one sad and one happy and they had a red rose behind them. The left side of his face was covered by a black mask with a bat-wing ear. Lyra gasped as he took her hoof and kissed it, "I am Fantome, and you are the most beautiful harpist I have ever seen and heard."

Lyra blushed, "Oh, why thank you...." he such a gentlecolt. Lyra thought, Creepy, but gentlecoltly....

Fantome's horn glowed and the harp with wings appeared before Lyra. "This is for you, my dear." Fantome said.

"Why, thank you! You're very generous. And how did you know that Pas De Duex was one of my favorite songs?"

Fantome chuckled, "Lucky guess I suppose."

"Why did you bring me here?" Lyra asked making Fantome smile as he motioned the mares and stallions to start playing.

Fantome, being an opera singer, sung: "You're are here for love my dear, your beauty have moved me so,
I feel as though my horn could glow...." Fantome began showing Lyra around the cave. More candles were lit, and many instruments were displayed and music filled the whole place as Fantome sung: "When I see you I don't feel the same, it must be love, I've seen many beautiful mares, but you are up above. But I would love you for who you are, not just what you look like. And there's nothing about you I don't seem to dislike...."

Outside the cave Twilight and Bon Bon followed Wild Forrest who sniffed Lyra out. Moondancer stayed behind to watch the other kids. Wild Forrest sniffed again, "She's in that cave, but I smell other ponies in there and a bat...."

"A bat?" Bon Bon asked.

"Must be a bat cave." Twilight guessed.

"I smell only one bat...." Wild Forrest said leading them inside the cave.

Fantome continued singing: "Lyra, my dear, I have fallen in love with you even though I haven't known you long. It was love at first sight, and that can never be wrong. I feel like I'm completely whole, all because of you. And this is a feeling that I never knew, Until I laid my eyes on you....."

Lyra was very moved and she smiled. "I'm..... I'm flattered Fantome. But why do you wear a mask?" she asked.

Fantome gasped before he sung: "That, is an answer for another day. I'm not ready to show you out of fear of frightening you.... the only mare I have ever grown to care for. You make me forget the pain I went through.... Even though I haven't known you long, I have fallen in love with you.... And this is a feeling that I never knew."

Wild Forrest, Twilight Sparkle, and Bon Bon snuck in unnoticed and found Fantome and Lyra in a room. Wild Forrest sniffed the air, "He's the bat...." he whispered. "And I don't think he's like Appula either...." Fantome and Lyra didn't notice them.

Fantome sung: "I feel like I'm completely whole, all because of you. And this is a feeling that I never knew, Until I laid my eyes on you....."

Their eyes opened wide, "Is he in love with Lyra?" Bon Bon asked Twilight.

"He must be.... but why does he smell like a bat to you, Forrest?" Twilight asked.

Wild Forrest sniffed the air again, "It must have something to do with that mask he's wearing....."

"I'm just a lonely, humble unicorn stallion my dear." Fantome said to Lyra, "But when I'm around you I don't feel lonely anymore and I don't feel like a monster."

"Because you're not a monster, Fantome. I think you're a special stallion. Even though I don't know why you wear that mask, I also think you're a good stallion and not to mention a great opera singer." Lyra said making Fantome smile. "It's not that I don't want a lover, but I think we should start off as friends."

Fantome looked disappointed at first but he nodded in agreement, "Yes, perhaps you're right. If it'll please you, my dear. We must know one another first and I shouldn't keep secrets from you if we're friends."

Fantome moved a hoof to his mask and slowly removed it. Forrest's and Twilight's jaws dropped while Bon Bon gasped and fainted when she saw his face. Fantome's left side of his face was bat-like and his left eye was yellow. Lyra's jaw dropped and she backed up a bit. "Oh my goodness.... what happened?" she whispered.

Fantome put the mask back on his face. "Have you heard of Prof. Appula?"

Lyra nodded, "Yes, he lives in Ponyville."

"I was once his unicorn assistant until an accident made Appula the way he is today and did this to me. I wanted to fly too, so I took the potion I helped him make and drunk it. It had a much more different affect on me than Prof. Appula and what I showed you are the results. I wear this mask because I'm disgraced...." Fantome said sadly as he looked down at his front hooves.

Lyra put a hoof on his shoulder, "I understand, Fantome. You may be different, but it doesn't mean you're ugly. From what I've learned from friendship it's real friends will like you for who you are not by what you look like. I was surprised, I'll admit, but I've never seen such a special stallion like you."

"You mean, you don't mind my face?" Fantome asked.

Lyra shook her head, "No, not at all. How about you come over to Moondancer's this week?" she suggested. "We're having a Hearth Warming's Eve party and you can bring your musicians too. I'll just ask Moondancer."

"You don't have too." Moondancer's voice said surprising the others. Moondancer came out of hiding. "You are all welcomed to come over to my house to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve."

Twilight, Forrest, and the now conscious Bon Bon came out of hiding. "What are you doing here?" Twilight asked Moondancer.

"I got worried and asked Minuette to watch over the kids while I look for you. And Fantome, your singing voice is one of the best singing voices I have ever heard and I have heard that there is a spot open at the theater. In case if you're interested."

Fantome's eyes opened wide, "Do I have to remove my mask?"

Moondancer shook her head, "I think your mask gives you a more unique and interesting look."
Four days later at the Opera House

King Sombra, Queen Luna, Prince Umbra, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Alexandrite, Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, Discord, Princess Isle, Eclipse, Scorpan, Tirek, Saphira, Queen Ra Isis, Princess Aziza, the CMC, the CMS, the rest of the Mane Six, Spike, Easter, Lyra, Bon Bon, Moondancer, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, and all their families and friends were gathered in the the Opera House. The host appeared on the stage, "Mares and Gentlecolts, creatures of all ages! Tonight we bring you a very unique, yet mysterious stallion, who is about to perform on stage for the very first time." with that the crowd cheered. "Please welcome Fantome, the Phantom of Canterlot!" with that he left as the curtain opened up as the crowd cheered.

Fantome wiped the sweat off his face, I don't believe it. I'm about to live my dream! he thought. He looked over at Lyra who smiled at him. When the crowd calmed down, music began to play. Fantome took a deep breath and sung: "You're are here for love my dear, your beauty have moved me so, I feel as though my horn could glow.... When I see you I don't feel the same, it must be love, I've seen many beautiful mares, but you are up above. But I would love you for who you are, not just what you look like. And there's nothing about you I don't seem to dislike.... Lyra, my dear, I have fallen in love with you even though I haven't known you long. It was love at first sight, and that can never be wrong. I feel like I'm completely whole, all because of you. And this is a feeling that I never knew, Until I laid my eyes on you..... I was afraid to show you my secret. I'm wasn't ready to show you out of fear of frightening you.... the only mare I have ever grown to care for. You make me forget the pain I went through.... Even though I haven't known you long, I have fallen in love with you.... And this is a feeling that I never knew.
I feel like I'm completely whole, all because of you. And this is a feeling that I never knew, Until I laid my eyes on you..... Until I laid my eyes on you......."

The crowd cheered wildly. Fantome took a hanky and wiped his head before he bowed and the curtain closed. "That was so beautiful!" Minuette yelled.

"And this is his first time too!" Lemon Hearts added.

Fantome was about to leave when a crowd of ponies came from out of nowhere and started asking for autographs and answers to their questions. Fantome was shocked at first but he took a pen his magic and signed his signatures. Twilight and the others saw this and smiled. Celestia came in and everypony bowed as she passed. She approached Fantome with a smile. Fantome bowed too as she said, "Fantome, your performance was one of the best performance's I have ever seen so I'm making you a full time opera singer."

Fantome gasped and looked up, "No kidding?!" Celestia nodded. "I.... I don't believe it! My dream came true!"

Lyra rushed over and hugged him, "Congratulations Fantome!" then she realized what she did and let go blushing and chuckling.
Moondancer's house

Moondancer, Minuette, Twinkleshine, Lemon Hearts, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, the CMC, the CMS, Umbra, and Aziza were opening presents. "Thank you Lemon Hearts!" Wild Forrest said before putting on the sweat band.

"New beakers! Just what I needed. Thank you Minuette." Twilight said before hugging Minuette.

Pinkie Pie put on a sombrero from Minuette and held up some maracas and began shaking them, "Cha-cha-cha!"

Moondancer got a new history book from Twilight, “Ooh, thank you Twilight!” Aziza and Umbra exchanged gifts. Umbra got a bright red scarf while Aziza got gold sunglasses.

“Thank you, Umbra!”

“Thank you Aziza!” they hugged.

While everypony were opening their gifts Fantome stepped outside and looked up at the night sky. Lyra saw this and went outside with him. “Are you alright?”

Fantome smiled, “Yes, I’m just fine. Lyra, I don’t know how to thank you and your friends for today....”

Lyra smiled back at him, “No need, it’s what friends do for each other. Would you like to go out for dinner in Ponyville later?” Lyra invited.

“I would love too.”

“It’ll be just the two of us.” Lyra added before blushing.

“Oh, that reminds me.” Fantome said before reaching under his cape and taking out a small box with his magic. “This is for you.”

Lyra took the box and opened it. Inside was a magic mint and sparkly rose, the same color as Lyra’s coat. “It’s pretty....” Lyra whispered.

“I grow roses." Fantome said.

"Really?"

"Yes, I have a greenhouse full of them. I was going through my roses until I found the rose that matches your coat perfectly."

Lyra blushed again, "Oh, thank you Fantome. It's lovely." then their eyes met and they stared at each other happily.

After a few minutes, Moondancer yelled "It's time for dinner!"

"Shall we?" Fantome asked holding out his arm.

Lyra wrapped an arm around it, "Yes...." together they went back in the house and closed the door.

Songs: Twelve days of Hearth Warming's Eve
Feeling I never knew
Feeling I never knew reprise

Author's Note:

The name Fantome is French for phantom.