• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,107 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,107

Chapter Ten: Hot! Hot! HOT!!!

Chapter Ten: Hot! Hot HOT!!!

It was almost spring time and that evil being and his stallion assistant were up to no good again. The stallion approached the two glowing yellow evil eyes and bowed, "Why have you waited until now, sir?" he asked.

"Because this evil I am about to awaken from his slumber is weak during the winter time. Now that it is spring time his powers should be at his strongest!" the evil voice replied.

"Evil, sir?"

"Yes. He has quite a temper, but it's his rage that I have taken a liking in."

"Wait, you don't mean?"

"Yes, he is the Lord of the Volcano. Magmata...." the evil voice said before letting out an evil laugh.
Under the sea

In the deepest, darkest bottom of the sea was what appeared to be a cave. The evil voice said, "Lord Magmata, awaken from your watery slumber!" he ordered. Then bright yellow eyes opened in the dark cave and an evil laugh was heard.
Ponyville

Prince Umbra and Princess Aziza were hanging out with the CMC and the CMS at the playground near the Schoolhouse. The weather was cool and the snow was still melting. "It's that time of year again. It will soon be spring." Wild Forrest said to his friends.

"Yeah, but don't feel sad. Spring is not really that bad." Rapper Mouth rapped.

"Springtime is nice, and it'll be warmer." Polkey Dots added.

"I agree. And many of my animal friends will wake up from hibernation soon." Forrest replied before a snowball hit his face. "Hey!" Umbra and Aziza laughed then they all had a snowball fight.

Silver Spoon, still bitter for what happened between herself and Umbra, watched them play. Guitar Emo spotted her and trotted up to her. "Come one, Silver. Let it go! He's probably not the colt for you anyway."

"Yeah, maybe you're right...." Silver replied before joining Guitar Emo and Diamond Tiara.
Outside of Seleneville

Tirek, with an arm across Saphira's shoulders, stood in front of the ice mum flower and watched it melt. "It's still beautiful...." Saphira said before resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Yes, it still is. It's a good thing we have the picture taken during Hearth Warming's Eve." Tirek replied before taking out the picture and showing it Saphira. It was a picture of Tirek and Saphira standing in front of the ice mum flower the night before Hearth Warming's Eve. Next he took out a picture without himself and Saphira in it.

Saphira then showed Tirek a picture of herself and Umbra in front of the ice mum flower. "Umbra, he looks up to me like a big sister. And he is like a little brother I never had...." she told Tirek. "He, his parents, you, your family, and all our friends are like family to me."

"You don't have a family?" Tirek asked.

"Not biologically, no. But we don't have to be biologic to be family." Saphira replied.

"I'm sorry to hear that, my dear. And you are right, we don't have to be blood related to be family. What happened to your family?" Tirek asked.

"I'm afraid that is a story for another day, my lord." Saphira told him.

"If you rather not talk about it, I understand." Tirek replied.

"Thank you, my lord."

"You can just call me Tirek if you want too."

"Okay, Tirek." she and Tirek kissed.

Suddenly there was an earthquake that lasted only a few seconds. Tirek and Saphira grabbed each other, "What the heck was that?" Tirek asked before they rushed back to Seleneville.
Seleneville

"Is everyone alright?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, we're alright!" Scorpan answered. "That sure was odd."

"I have hoped that he would never awaken...." Sombra said getting everyone's attention.

"What are you talking about?" Midknight asked walking into the room.

Sombra looked at his father then at Scorpan, "Scorpan, get Twilight Sparkle and the others."

Scorpan saluted, "Yes, sir!" he flew away.

In the Throne Room Sombra, his parents, Celestia, Luna, Isle, Scorpan, Tirek, Saphira, and the Mane Six soon met. "This earthquake we felt a while ago was no ordinary earthquake." King Sombra told everyone.

"What other earthquake is there?" Rainbow asked.

"Right before the earthquake I felt another evil being awakened. Waking up probably caused that earthquake."

"Not another bad guy!" Rainbow groaned.

"Who is he?" Twilight asked.

Sombra closed his eyes for a moment and said, "His name is Lord Magmata. My old friend."

"Magmata? Who's Magmata?" Pinkie asked.

"Magmata is the Lord of the Volcano." Celestia answered. "I thought he was long gone...."

"So did I...." Sombra replied.

"How do you know him?" Sapphire Gemstone asked.

Sombra was reluctant at first, but he said, "After my corruption, banishing you and father into Eternal Darkness, and hurting Luna I have allied myself with Lord Magmata. He too was ostracized because of his gift to create and control heat, fire, and lava and was rejected by his parents. We had a few things in common and as the weeks passed we became close friends. I wanted to take over the Crystal Empire and shroud the world in darkness; Lord Magmata wanted to make the world so hot. We couldn't achieve both goals so we stopped working together. Lord Magmata attempted to evaporate the sea and dry up Luau Tiki Island and all other lands in the process but he was stopped by the Deep Sea Queen Aqua Marina and sealed away in a volcano under the sea. That was the last time I ever saw him." Sombra told everyone. "Now that he is awakened he might finish what he had started all those years ago. Tirek, can you find the location."

Tirek nodded and used his magic on Sombra's Crystal Ball creating the mirror. "Show me Lord Magmata." he ordered. Then his reflection started changing until an island with a volcano was shown coming out of the sea. Then out of the volcano came an unicorn with a body that looked like it was made out of lava and flint. His crown was black flint, his mane and tail were fire, his eye color was yellow, and his horn looked like a small black volcano, he had flint on his hooves, and he had black flint spikes and black volcanoes on his back. He smiled an evil smile and laughed as his eyes glowed bright yellow.

"Oh, no! He's going to make the volcano erupt!" Sombra yelled. "We must stop him! General and father, you and the others guard the castle while we're away." they both saluted. King Sombra, Tirek, the Mane Six, Scorpan, Isle, Celestia, and Luna teleported out of the room together.
The Volcano

They all appeared on the island unnoticed my Magmata who was still powering up the volcano. "it's pretty warm here..." Rarity said.

"I wonder why." Rainbow replied sarcastically. They all looked up and saw Lord Magmata still on top of the volcano.

Sombra's horn glowed, "The volcano is about ready to erupt and I sense a darkness identical to what Coldheart had. I'll take him on. Luna, Celestia, and Isle will restrain him when I give the signal. Tirek will take away his powers and when he is weakened the Elements of Harmony will remove the darkness that's inside of Magmata just like they did with Coldheart. Understood?" they all nodded.

"Be careful, dear. Magmata can turn into his Dragon Form at any time." Luna warned.

"Yes, I know...." Sombra said before he and his wife kissed. Sombra turned to blue shadow form and flew up to the volcano. "Magmata!!!"

Magmata's eyes turned to normal and saw King Sombra. "Ah, King Sombra my old friend." he said in a raspy voice. "You have been set free too, I see. And you seem different somehow."

Sombra flew over to his old friend and turned back to normal. "I am not the King Sombra you used to know, old friend."

"I can see that. You appearance has changed a lot."

"I mean I have realized the error of my ways, given up hostile takeover, redeemed myself, and I became a Crystal Pony." Sombra explained.

"What?!" Magmata yelled making smoke come out of his back and horn. "You have became one of those who have treated you so bad?! How long have we been sleeping, anyway?"

"This may be a surprise to you, Magmata. But a thousand years has passed. Things are much more different today. Numerous ponies respect those that are different from them and they have forgiven me and accepted me as well. Magmata, while you still have the time it is not to late to reconsider and used your gifts for good."

Magmata just looks at him and laughs. "You have grown way to soft, old friend. Being good gets us nowhere!" his eyes glowed and more smoke came from his horn and back, "I have never experienced love or friendship because I was rejected, abandoned, tossed aside! Now, if not those from a thousand years ago, their descendants shall feel my RAGE!"

"Magmata, please!"

"I am through listening to others....

King Sombra sighed, "If it's a fight you want, then I'll give you one. But know this: You will regret this." with that he got into battle position as did Magmata. They circled around the volcano keeping their eyes on one another. Magmata strikes first by firing lava from his horn as King Sombra created a crystal shield. He then lowered the shield and fired a blue magic beam at his foe. Magmata countered it by breathing fire from his mouth. The stream of fire and the magic beam struggled until King Sombra surrounded the Evil Lord with blue crystals and stopping the fire. The crystals began to turn red and started melting.

Magmata laughed, "Is that all you got?!"

"I can do more!" King Sombra yelled turning to Blue Shadow Form and taking to the sky.

"Two can play at that game!" Magmata yelled turning in Fire Form and went after Sombra. It was similar to King Sombra's Shadow Form ability except it's fire. The two tackled each other and hit their heads. They tried to push one another until Magmata smirked and unleashed smoke from his mouth. King Sombra coughed and lost sight of Magmata. His horn glowed then he felt Magmata just about to attack from behind! King Sombra turned around fast as a stream of fire hit him. King Sombra screamed in pain then fired a another magic beam at Magmata.

"This battle really is HEATING up!" Pinkie yelled.

"You make a pun now?!" Rarity asked looking horrified.

Tirek looked at saw Magmata's horn. "Wait, that's it!"

King Sombra and Magmata continued their battle until an ice beam came from below and hit Magmata's horn causing it to harden and shatter. "NOOOO! MY HORN!" he yelled in anguish. King Sombra looked down at Tirek who nodded. King Sombra nodded back and fired another magic beam at Magmata causing him to fall down and turn to his normal form. King Sombra turned to his normal form and landed on the volcano with the Evil Lord. King Sombra was going to help Magmata up but he pushed Sombra's hoof away and stood up laughing. "You have brought help, I see...." he began backing up. "Let's see how well you all do when...." he fell into the volcano and into the lava.

"Magmata, no!" Sombra yelled. Suddenly the ground began to shake then out of the lave came a dragon make out of lava and hardened lava. Magmata laughed wickedly as he came out of the volcano and looked down at Sombra. Magmata's eyes glowed and a new horn was made out of lava then it hardened making it look like a volcano. Then lava came from the volcano. The alicorns used their magic to lift Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Tirek as they, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash flew off the island being covered in lava. When the lava made contact with the sea the lava hardened and steam came out. Magmata roared making the ground shake again. "Magmata...." Sombra turned to his giant blue shadow form ready to fight again.

"Golly!" Applejack yelled.

"This is a disaster!" Isle yelled next.

"We have to help him!" Tirek yelled creating an iceberg. The alicorns sat Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack on the iceberg. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash landed on the iceberg. Still carrying Tirek, the Alicorns flew off to help Sombra.

Magmata was firing lava from his horn as Sombra ducked and dodged. The lava kept hitting the sea making the lava harden. Sombra unleashed a magic beam at Magmata's face making him roar in pain and breath fire. Sombra created a crystal shield and blocked the fire. The alicorns flew behind Magmata unnoticed. Tirek created a blizzard hitting Magmata's volcano's his back. As the ice made contact Magmata began to harden as the ice melted. Magmata roared in pain and turned around fast. The four alicorns fired their magic beams at the monster's face. Sombra then combined his magic with the Alicorn's magic and Tirek's blizzard. Outraged Magmata made the ground shake and the volcano below him erupt. The lava surrounded the whole island and hardened when it made contact with the sea. Magmata laughed as he stepped out of the volcano becoming part of the lava flow. He arose from the lava flow ready for more until the sky started getting dark and storm clouds were coming. Then a huge merpony arose from the sea. She looked like Valtameri, only older and bigger, the fins on her back were green, pink, and yellow and the two of them were like huge wings, her eyes were water blue, she wore a gold necklace with a purple crystal, her golden crown was made out of stone, shells, and coral, and her cutie mark was a redheaded mermaid and three bubbles. "Aqua Marina!" Celestia yelled, surprised to see her.

When Magmata saw her he roared and breathed fire mixed with lava from his horn at her. Aqua Marina summoned a tidal wave to shield her. Then Aqua Marina summoned an even more bigger tidal wave big enough to cover Magmata! Magmata tried to go back to the volcano but the water reached him. Magmata began to harden as he roared in anguish. Soon his body was completely hardened and he stood there like a really big statue. "Magmata...." Sombra said sadly. The alicorns got the others with their magic before landing on the island with Sombra and Tirek. Aqua Marina swam up to them. "Aqua Marina...."

"Fear not, King Sombra. Your friend is still alive...." Aqua Marina assured him.

"What a relief...." King Sombra said before his horn glowed. "He still has the darkness feeding on his rage. Tirek must first take his powers then the Elements of Harmony can save him."

"What will we do with him?" Rainbow asked.

"Magmata was always rash, foolish, and very bad even before the darkness took over him. So I'm afraid I'm going to have him put him in my dungeon. Tirek, get to work." he ordered.

"Gladly...." Tirek replied before he used his power. The magic left the immobilized Magmata and Tirek absorbed it. Tirek felt the heat go through his veins. Twilight then used the Elements of Harmony on Magmata. The magic made the statue crumble unleashing Magmata in the process. Magmata roared before he shrunk back to his normal self unconscious.

King Sombra scanned Magmata with his horn, "His powers are completely gone along with the darkness feeding on his rage."

"Hey, look!" Isle yelled flying over the island. The alicorns used their magic to carry the ones who couldn't fly and Sombra turned to blue shadow form before joining them. "Magmata has made a whole new island!"

"And so he did...." Aqua Marina said.

"It will take some time, but the island will become green and become inhabited. I will call it the Island of Magmata!" Isle decided.

"Aqua Marina, thank you...." Celestia said. Aqua Marina nodded and returned to the sea.

"That was Aqua Marina?" Rarity asked.

"Yes. It has been so long since I've last seen her...." Celestia replied. "Let's go home."
King Sombra's and Queen Luna's Castle

King Sombra, using his magic to carry Magmata, went to the dungeon with Luna, Tirek, and the Mane Six. Tirek opened a cell then King Sombra sat Magmata on the bed. Tirek closed and locked the cell. "It pains me doing this to my friend, but like other villains he must learn. Twilight, I give you and the others my permission to visit Magmata and see what you can do to straighten him out." they nodded in agreement then they all left the cell.

Shortly after they left Magmata awakened and looked around fast. When he saw that he was imprisoned and couldn't use his powers he roared in anguish. "NOOOOOO!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
In a cave miles away

"Just as I suspected.... even Lord Magmata couldn't deal with them...." the evil voice said.

"Sir, if I may ask, why did you let Magmata and Coldheart get defeated?" the black stallion asked

"Because they have what I want: the darkness within...."

"Darkness, sir?"

"Yes, those fools are unaware that whenever they remove the darkness from them I take it for myself. Rage and Jealousy is what I have taken so far...."

"I see. So with each defeat you become more powerful?" the stallion asked.

"Precisely...." then the evil voice laughed. "And when I a strong enough and when I am set free the world will be mine!" he laughed again.

Author's Note:

Marina is one of my favorite girl names.
Magmata is a plural noun for Magma