• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,107 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,107

Chapter Eight: Black Ice

Chapter Eight: Black Ice
Pyramidville

Only five more days until Hearth Warming's Eve. Aziza was in the Throne Room talking with her mother."We're going where?!" Aziza asked getting excited.

"Yes, we're going to Freezerburg to visit my brother, Glacier, sister-in-law Arctica, and your cousin Flurry since you've gotten used to the cold in Ponyville. Best we do a little shopping before we leave because we're celebrating a Hearth Warming's Eve there." Aziza began bouncing up and down when her mother said that. They headed out and came back in an hour or so and packed their bags.

"Can Umbra come too?" Aziza asked.

Ra Isis thought for a moment and said, "Sure, why not? You've grown quite attached to that colt haven't you sweetheart?"

"Oh, yes he's the colt-I mean best friend I ever had!" Aziza said blushing at the mess up.

"Very well, guard!"

The guard came in, "Yes, your majesty?"

"My daughter and I are going to visit some relatives. Make sure nopony enters the pyramid while I'm away."

The guard saluted, "Yes, ma'am!" Ra Isis nodded and used her magic to put her daughter and bags on her back before teleporting.
Seleneville

Ra Isis and Aziza appeared in the Throne Room surprising King Sombra, Luna, and Umbra. Umbra was overjoyed to see Aziza and vice versa. They ran to each other and hugged. Luna trotted over to Ra Isis and they nuzzled.

"Good evening Ra Isis." Sombra greeted. "What brings you here?"

"Good evening Sombra. My daughter and I are just about to visit our relatives down in Freezerburg and Aziza would like Umbra to come with." Ra Isis said.

Umbra started bouncing up and down, "Can I dad?" he asked.

"Of course you may. But you need to pack your warmest clothes because it's always cold down there." Sombra told his son.

"Okay dad!" with that he ran off.

Aziza looked aroud her, "This castle is beautiful!"

"Thank you young one." Sombra said.

"You have been a great friend to our son, and to show our appreciation we decided to give you this." Sombra said as Luna approached Aziza with a Luna Medallion. "You may use this Medallion to contact me whenever to need me.” Luna said using her magic to put it around Aziza’s hoof. “Don’t worry, it won’t break even if you dropped it.”

Aziza looked over her new gift, “Cool!”

Umbra came back with a full saddle sack on his back, “Okay, I’m all ready to go!”

Luna hugged him, "Have fun!"

Sombra hugged him next, "See you later, son!"

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" Umbra said before he rushed towards Ra Isis and Aziza then all three teleported out of the Throne Room.

Sombra shook his head, "Kids...."
Freezerburg

They reappeared at the entrance of Freezerburg. Walls made of ice surrounded the village and a white yeti wearing blue armor and holding a spear made out of ice was guarding the closed doors. Ra Isis, Aziza, and Umbra walked up to the yeti and he stopped them. "Halt! Who goes there?" he asked.

"I am Ra Isis, Queen of Pyramidville and the twin sister of King Glacier. This is my daughter Aziza and her friend Prince Umbra, son of King Sombra and Queen Luna." Ra Isis replied as the guard stepped aside.

"My apologies. You may go in." he said unlocking the door. After they walked in the yeti closed and locked the door resuming his duty. Umbra's and Aziza's eyes opened wide in awe.

"Wow!" Aziza said.

"Cool!" Umbra said next, "Hey, I made a pun!"

The houses were completely made of ice and snow and they were igloos too. Living in the village were other yetis in different colors, shapes, and sizes, penguins, seals, and ponies as well. The ponies coats and eyes were dark blue, light blue, different shades of blue, white, purple, and violet. Their manes and tails were the same colors and some of them wore ice and snow as jewelry, clothing, and head wear. "This is amazing!" Aziza said before they looked ahead and saw a castle made of ice. "Is that Uncle Glacier's castle?" Aziza asked her mother.

"Yes, it is. Beautiful, is it not my dears?"

"The castle shines like crystals!" Umbra said getting excited.

"Since you kids are new here, why don't we look around before we visit King Glacier?" Ra Isis suggested before she realized that they already ran off. "Oh, kids...." she said.

Umbra and Aziza got ice cream from an ice cream store before they began looking around. "Mmm, lemon!" Aziza said licking her ice cream. "What did you get?"

Umbra tasted his, "Raspberry!" he took another lick, "It was also very nice of that Yeti to let us try free samples before we decided to pick what we wanted."

Aziza agreed, "Yeah, and that Yeti looked like a really big teddy bear too." she giggled.

"Imagine sleeping with a teddy bear that big." Umbra replied.

They both looked left and right as they walked down the icy roads. Aziza was amazed that the ponies who lived in Freezerberg were not bothered by the cold. Like the citizens being used to the heat in Pyramidville, the citizens in Freezerburg were used to the cold. Then someone yelled, "Out of the way! Coming through!" they looked ahead and saw a penguin sliding on his belly towards Umbra and Aziza who stepped out of the way in time.

"What's the rush?" Umbra asked.

A young penguin walked up to them, "He is the mailpenguin. One of the fastest belly sliders around." he said. "I've got to tell you kids, he really loves his job." he said before making a braying sound.

A young brown seal slid up to the kids, "Who are you? Are you new here?"

"My name is Umbra, I'm from Seleneville." Umbra said shaking the seals flipper.

"Hello, my name is Aziza, I'm from Pyramidville."

"Well, nice to meet you Umbra and Aziza. My name is Leon."

The penguin stepped up, "And my name is Slapper. Would you like to hang out with us?"

Aziza smiled, "I would love to!"

"Me too!" Umbra said next.

Then a young white Yeti ran up to them, "You can't do anything without me!" he said. "I'm Little Stomp. Who are you?"

"I'm Umbra of Seleneville." Umbra said shaking the Yeti's paw.

"I'm Aziza of Pyramidville. Nice to meet you Little Stomp!" she then spotted a unicorn colt behind the Yeti. He came nervously. His coat was blue, his eyes were purple, his mane and tail were dark blue with white lines, an icicle was on his horn, and his Cutie Mark was a Blue Raspberry Popsicle.

"Um, and my name is Cold Hooves....." he whispered shyly.

"Hello, Cold Hooves!" Aziza greeted politely. Cold Hooves backed up blushing.

"Come on, don't be timid." Little Stomp said picking him up and putting him in front.

They put their hoof, paw, and flippers together and they all said: "Together we're the Popsicle Gang!"

"Popsicle Gang? That's an interesting name." Umbra said.

"Sound good too!" Aziza added making the boys laugh.

"Um.... do you know Princess Flurry?" Cold Hooves asked Aziza nervously.

"Aziza is my cousin, though I never met her before." Aziza replied.

"Well, what do you know you're a princess too!" Little Stomp yelled before he and his friends bowed.

Aziza blushed, "Oh, you don't have to do that...."

"Are you a Prince, Umbra?" Slapper asked.

"How did you know?" Umbra asked.

"Wasn't hard to figure out. Your shoes, armor, your cape, and your red horn." Slapper replied, "Your horn is pretty by the way."

"Oh, thank you Slapper." Umbra said before Aziza rested her head on his shoulder.

"It looks like I'm not the only one that thinks so too." she said as Umbra blushed.
Seleneville

Tirek, Saphira, Midknight Ruby, Sapphire Gemstone, King Sombra and Queen Luna were in the throne room talking. "Freezerburg, eh?" Tirek asked.

"Yes, Ra Isis took her daughter and our son to Freezerburg to visit her brother Glacier. Why do you ask?" Sombra asked concerned.

"Last I heard about Freezerburg, which was centuries ago, it was attacked by the Black Yeti." Tirek said.

"The Black Yeti? Can you tell us about it?" Sapphire Gemstone asked.

"Well, it's an old tale today...." Tirek began. "It takes place after my imprisonment and Luna was banished to the moon. I know this because I had a little bit of magic left and I used it to look at the outside world from Tartarus. Back when Freezerburg was founded by King Glacier after he came of age Yetis, Penguins, Seals, and the Ice Ponies lived in harmony and looked up to King Glacier. I admit Freezerburg was very beautiful, and it probably still is today. King Glacier's adviser, a Yeti appropriately named Coldheart the Black Yeti, also once looked up to King Glacier."

"Once?" Midknight asked.

"Yes, once. Coldheart helped King Glacier run the kingdom and Glacier got all the credit, or so the Yeti thought. King Glacier considered Coldheart his closest friend, but Coldheart thought the opposite and became jealous. One day, out for a walk, Coldheart came upon a black crystal shard buried in the snow. He went back to the King and presented it to him. When the King got a good look at he was horrified for the magic crystal was created by and incredibly evil being and had some Dark Magic. The King ordered Coldheart to dispose of the crystal, and Coldheart made it look like he did by substituting another black crystal and smashing it with his paws." Tirek explained.

"Why would he do that?" Saphira asked.

"Coldheart wanted to study the crystal and did so behind the King's back in hopes of getting respect in the kingdom. As the months passed he studied the crystal unaware that the darkness was slowly taking over because of his jealousy. When the King accidentally found out, he was pretty angry. The King ordered the Yeti to dispose of the crystal at once, but Coldheart snapped and the darkness completely took over. Coldheart gained the ability to generate cold and create black ice. King Glacier and Coldheart fought but Glacier eventually got the upper hoof and weakened Coldheart greatly. It pained the King to do it, but he exiled Coldheart. Before Coldheart left he vowed that someday when his powers return he'll come back, take revenge on Glacier, and take over Freezerburg. Glacier left never to be seen or heard from again."

"How awful!" Sapphire Gemstone said.

"Jealousy darkens it's victim's ways and eventually turns them into monsters. And I should know....." Luna said sadly.

Sombra put an arm across his wife's shoulders to comfort her, "I know how that feels...." King Sombra muttered.

Sapphire Gemstone, knowing what she was talking about, walked up to her daughter-in-law, "Honey, It's nothing more than a bad memory now." she said.

"Yes, I know. Even though I have forgiven myself and others have forgiven me, some hurts just never go away...."

Midknight Ruby stepped up, "My dear, memories may not go away but you once told my son that you can use your memories to be wise. Like him you have learned from your mistake and vowed to never repeat it. The past doesn't matter anymore and we all should move on."

Luna smiled at her father-in-law, "Thank you Midknight. And thank you for understanding. By the way, Tirek?"

"Yes?"

"Is this Black Yeti immortal?"

Tirek scratched his beard, "It's a possibility that the Dark Magic has made him immortal, but I don't know for sure. But, I wouldn't worry about it; after Coldheart has left King Glacier had a wall built around his icy kingdom and made it so no evil being can enter. To be on the safe side he has his Yeti Guards keep an eye out 24/7 because King Glacier made their horns magical so they feel whenever there's a Yeti like Coldheart coming. They each take turns of course. And that was the last time I've ever heard of Freezerburg."

Saphira gasped, "Wait a minute! You used your magic to look at the world from your prison right?" Tirek nodded. "Have you used your magic to try to find Coldheart?"

Tirek shook his head, "No, but I can try. But with King Sombra's Crystal Ball and my magic to working together it'll be much easier."

King Sombra nodded and his horn glowed making his Crystal Ball appear in front of Tirek. Tirek moved his hands around as white aura surrounded his fists then he fired a magic beam at the Crystal Ball. With that a huge mirror surprising everyone but Tirek. "Yes, it's working!" Tirek said. "Now, show me the location of Coldheart the Black Yeti." he ordered the mirror as Tirek's reflection began to change it's appearance. Then the mirror show mountains full of snow and a dark cave. The mirror then showed the inside of the cave. It was covered with black ice and there was a huge chunk of ice in the end of the cave. Tirek made the mirror take a closer look and it showed that Coldheart was frozen solid! "Well, it looks like Coldheart must have imprisoned himself in ice either by accident or from disgrace. Cold old coward...." Tirek said as the mirror turned back into a Crystal Ball. "Since he is frozen solid, there IS nothing to worry about, your highness."

"I sure hope you're right, Tirek. Because I know from experience that Darkness can always find a way to come back....." Sombra replied.
Coldheart's Cave

The cave was very quiet. Coldheart stood there in his icy slumber motionless. Suddenly that black stallion entered the cave and stood in front of the frozen yeti. "So, this is the famous Coldheart?"

Then an evil voice ordered, "Yes, now awaken him...."

"As you wish...." the black stallion stood there and his eyes and horn glowed, "Coldheart, awaken from your slumber and finish what you have started all those years ago...." after he said that the Yeti's eyes opened up inside the ice!

The evil Yeti broke free from the ice with a roar as the black stallion teleported. He stretched, "Ahhh! At last after all these years I am free. I am fully rested and I can feel my powers slowly returning!"

The evil voice said, "Glad to hear it my ice cold friend...." the yeti looked around fast and saw yellow eyes in the dark.

"Have you awakened me?" the Yeti asked.

"Yes, with the help of my assistant of course."

"Why would you help me?" Coldheart demanded.

"Because I like your hatred and jealousy and I can't let such potential go to waste...."

The Yeti bowed, "I am grateful, don't get me wrong whoever you are, but I could've broke free on my own!"

"Confident in your abilities I see. I like that. You have tried taking your revenge once before but look where that got you....." the voice said as the Yeti growled. "Coldheart, I'll make you a deal: if you agree to work for me I restore your powers completely and make them powerful than ever...."

"Power......" Coldheart whispered. "Yes, all I want is power....."

"Do we have a deal then?"

Coldheart thought for a moment and said, "Alright, I'll work for you. After all you did set me free and I owe you."

"Good....." the voice said before laughing wickedly.
Freezerburg

The Popsicle Gang, Umbra, and Aziza played in a park full of swings, slides, and many things kids would love. Aziza went down the slide with Umbra, "Wheeee!"

When they reached the bottom of the slide Ra Isis stood there smiling down at them. "Are you having fun?" she asked.

"You know it!" Umbra said.

"We're having a blast!" Aziza added, "We also made new friends."

The Popsicle Gang came up to Ra Isis and bowed. "This is Leon, Slapper, Little Stomp, and Cold Hooves." Aziza introduced as they nodded one by one as she said their names.

"A pleasure to meet you, young ones." Ra Isis said.

"It's a great honor to friends with the Prince and Princess. And it's a great honor to meet a queen." Slapper replied.

"A noble penguin. I like that." Aziza said with a chuckle before looking back at Aziza and Umbra. "Are you ready to meet Glacier and his family?"

Aziza gasped, "Oh yes!"

Umbra nodded before looking at his new friends. "We'll see you later, guys!" he said before walking with Aziza and her mother.

"Seeya!" Leon yelled.

"Take care!" Slapper yelled next.

"Smell you later!" Little Stomp added.

"Bye....." Cold Hooves said quietly.

They went to Glacier's Castle. After Ra Isis spoke to the guards they went in. Like the outside the inside was made out of ice except for carpets, cushions, banners, and paintings. "Whoa.... this is like the Crystal Empire...." Umbra said with his eyes wide.

"Yeah, not to mention it's colder in here than it is out there....." Aziza added shivering a little. They came to the Throne Room. The thrones were also made of ice. Sitting on one of the thrones was purple male Alicorn with a light blue; tail and mane covered with ice, white snow covered hooves with icicles sticking up, ice on his elbows, an necklace made out of ice, and his crown was made out of ice. His eyes were blue and his Cute Mark was an iceberg with snow at the bottom. Sitting next to him was a light blue unicorn with purple eyes, dark blue mane and tail with ice and snow, purple cape with ice, an ice necklace, white shoes with icicles sticking up, her horn had in icicle at the tip, and her crown was made of ice. Her Cutie was a blue, purple, and white wind with snowflakes. It was King Glacier and Queen Arctica.

When King Glacier saw Ra Isis he gasped. "Ra Isis?!" he got off his throne and approached her.

Ra Isis shed a few tears, "Oh, Glacier.... my brother...." she approached King Glacier and when they got close enough they hugged each other. As soon as they touched steam came from them.

"Oh Ra Isis, you stubborn old so-and-so! It's really you!"

"Yes, you cold hearted goat, it is I!" Ra Isis replied as they laughed at the names. Arctica trotted up to her sister-in-law happily. Ra Isis let go and she hugged Arctica.

"Hi Ra Isis! Long time no see." she said returning the hug and shedding tears.

"Oh, it's so good to see you two again!" Ra Isis said shedding more tears.

Umbra and Aziza watched from a distance smiling. "Now that's a family reunion." Umbra said as he and Aziza watched them talk.

Then Ra Isis called them, "Umbra! Aziza!"

They trotted over to the adults. "Ra Isis, is she....." Glacier began to ask.

"Yes, she is Princess Aziza. My beloved daughter. Aziza this is your Uncle Glacier and your Aunt Arctica." Ra Isis said as Glacier moved his head down and took a closer look at his niece.

"You have grown up so much....." he said.

"Oh, come on! Give your aunt and uncle a hug!" Arctica said as Aziza ran up to them and they embraced her.

"Just look how beautiful you are. You have your mother's solid gold eyes...." Glacier said as he put a hoof under his niece's chin, "And you have your father's chin.” he said before laughing.

“It’s so wonderful to see you again, dear niece.....” Arctica said crying a little.

“I’m happy to see you too, Uncle Glacier and Aunt Arctica!” Aziza replied still hugging them.

Glacier then noticed Umbra, “Is he your son?” he asked his sister.

Ra Isis laughed, “Oh no! He is a close friend of Aziza.”

Umbra walked up to the King and Queen and bowed, “Nice to meet you. My name is Umbra, the son of King Sombra and Queen Luna.” he said as he held out his hoof and Glacier shook it.

“Nice to meet you, Prince Umbra. Aziza, have you known him long?”

“Yeah, for about a month!” Aziza replied. “He’s the best friend any filly can ask for!”

Umbra blushed, “Awe, shucks.....”

Arctica gasped, “I almost forgot! You three have to meet our daughter. Flurry!” she called as a light blue Alicorn filly trotted up to her parents. Her eyes were turquoise, her mane and tail were blue and white, her hooves were turquoise with snow at the bottom and pieces of ice on top, her necklace as well as her crown was made of ice, she wore what looked like a dark blue headband under her crown, snow with icicles pointing down were on her shoulders and wings, and there was ice on her tail. Like her mother she had an icicle at the tip of her horn.

She nuzzled against her mother’s arm before she noticed the other three, “Who are they, mama?” she asked sweetly.

Aziza and Umbra trotted up to Flurry. “I’m Aziza, your cousin!”

Flurry looked at her closer, “My cousin?” Flurry asked receiving a nod from Aziza. Flurry smiled and she hugged Aziza.

Aziza returned the hug, “It’s so good to finally meet you, Flurry!”

They let go and Flurry noticed Umbra, “Hello cutie! Who are you?”

Umbra blushed, “Hello, my name is Umbra. I’m a friend of your cousin.” with that Umbra’s horn glowed making Flurry jump.

Then a black crystal appeared in front of Umbra and he presented it to Flurry, “This is for me?” Umbra nodded, “You’re so sweet! Just like my friend Cold Hooves. I’ll keep it to show we’re friends! Hey, you want to go ice skating?” Flurry asked motioning them to come with her.

“I would love to learn how to ice skate!” Aziza said.

“Me too!” Umbra said next as they ran off.

“Awe, our daughter made fast friends....” Arctica said to her husband and sister-in-law.

Glacier chuckled, “So Ra Isis? What have you been up to?” he asked.

Umbra, Aziza, and Flurry went to a frozen pond wearing ice skates. Flurry went first and made a figure eight. “Wow, that was pretty good cousin!” Aziza yelled.

“My turn!” Umbra said before he started skating. He went straight before he started moved his legs around wildly and falling down. Aziza couldn’t help but giggle as Flurry helped Umbra stand up.

"Keep practicing!" she said. Aziza then got on the ice and tried to go straight but she went in circles. She stopped and landed on her bottom.

Her eyes were going in circles in opposite directions, "I think I'm going to be sick...."

Flurry laughed, "Like this!" she said before she started skating like a professional ice skater. Umbra helped Aziza stand up and they watched the Ice Princess skate. First she skated on her hind legs, then on her front hooves, then on one back hoof, then on one front hoof, "Look one hoof!" then she spun on her front hoof then her back hoof, "I can do this all day! Whee!"

Umbra and Aziza clapped their hooves, "That's very good cousin!" Aziza yelled.

"Yeah, you might have a future as a great ice skater!" Umbra added.

"Thanks! Watch this!" Flurry yelled before she did a back flip, then she jumped in the air spun in the air.

"Whooo! Ahhhhh!" Aziza and Umbra yelled.

Flurry stopped in front of her new friends and bowed. "Tada! Thank you, thank you! You're too kind."

Aziza got up, "Wow! You were incredible, you got to teach me how to that."

Flurry stood beside her cousin and put an arm across her shoulders, "Sure thing, cousin! Just follow my lead."
Miles away from Freezerburg

Coldheart walked towards the direction of Freezerburg shaking the ground with every step he made. Coldheart stopped, smiled an evil smile, and laughed. "Soon Freezerburg will be mine!" with that his horns glowed and Yeti shaped black ice sculptures came out of the ground alive! The ice sculpture approached their creator and bowed as Coldheart laughed again. Then he looked at the ice sculptures and sung: "On a dark cold night, I was betrayed. By an Alicorn who claimed I was his friend. I helped him run the kingdom, and he left me unpaid. I deserved at least respect which I did not get, and to think I vowed to serve him until the end! I was a fool, until the crystal opened my eyes!
King Glacier prepare for the biggest surprise: I am awake and ready to take my revenge!

The ice sculptures stood up and marched behind their master as they sung: "On this dark cold night, he will have.....
his revenge! It's himself that he will avenge! On this dark cold night, he will have..... his revenge! It's himself that he will avenge!"

Coldheart laughed, then he sung: "Once I am king of Freezerburg, I run things differently! I make it so only Yeti's can live and black ice is worshiped! All the ponies, seals, and penguins will be enslaved incidentally! And I'll show King Glacier who is worthless! I'll see him put him into place! I'll make sure others see him as a disgrace!

Ice Sculptures: "On this dark cold night, he will have.....
his revenge!

(Coldheart: Sing it!)

It's himself that he will avenge!

(Coldheart: I'll avenge myself for sure!)

On this dark cold night, he will have..... his revenge!

(Coldheart: And it'll be sweet!)

It's himself that he will avenge!"

(Coldheart: "Yes, and just me!")

Coldheart sung by himself: "King Glacier, beware your rule is about to end! It'll only be a matter of time before I'm through with you! It's what you deserve for the pain you caused, so called old friend! I could humiliate you, but that's too good for you! So instead I'll trap you in ice....."

With that Coldheart laughed as he and his ice sculptures continued on their way while the ice sculptures chanted: "On this dark cold night, he will have..... his revenge! It's himself that he will avenge! On this dark cold night, he will have..... his revenge! It's himself that he will avenge!"
Seleneville

Back in the throne room Sombra and Luna checked the Crystal Ball. "Everything seems alright...." King Sombra said before the Crystal Ball got to Freezerburg and he saw their son, Aziza, and Flurry Ice skating on the frozen pond laughing and having a great time. They smiled until the ground in Freezerburg began to shake! Then the Crystal Ball went to the entrance of Freezerburg and showed Coldheart trying to break down the entrance to Freezerburg! An alarm sounded as they citizens ran for cover. Luna gasped, "Our son! He's in there!"

Sombra growled before he called, "Tirek! Scorpan!" they ran to the room.

"Yes?"

"Freezerburg is in danger! Tirek, you come with us! Scorpan, contact Twilight Sparkle!"

"Yes, sir!" Scorpan saluted and flew out of the castle. With their teleportation spell, King Sombra, Queen Luna, along with Colonel Tirek teleported out of the room.
Back in Freezerburg

Coldheart used his new dark magic to overwhelm the magic protecting Freezerburg and stormed in laughing! "Attack!" he yelled as the Ice Sculptures began breaking everything and attempting to hurt anyone and fighting the guards in their way!

King Glacier, still in the Throne Room, said, "Ra Isis and I will handle this. You must stay with the children." he ordered his wife as the kids were standing close to Arctica shivering from fear. The Alicorn adults flew out of the Throne Room.

Coldheart made his way towards the castle when the two Alicorn siblings stood in front of the evil Yeti. "Well, if it isn't my old friend Glacier and his sister Ra Isis! This will make my vengeance much more sweeter." the Yeti said before laughing.

"How are you still around, Coldheart?!" Glacier demanded.

Coldheart laughed again and said, "After my defeat I was very weak and I caged myself in ice so my powers could return undisturbed. Now I have awakened and my powers are stronger than ever!" then he laughed maniacally.

"Coldheart, my friend, what had become of you?" Glacier asked sadly.

"The Coldheart you once knew is long gone! Now there is only ME!" Coldheart bellowed before dark aura surrounded his fists and he started punching the Alicorns who ducked and dodged. Ra Isis charged her horn and fired a hot magic beam at the Yeti who let it hit his belly. It had no effect! Then Glacier fired an ice beam at Coldheart, but it had no effect! The Yeti laughed, "Hot and cold have no effect on me!"

Coldheart fought the two Alicorns. Flurry, Aziza, Umbra, and Arctica heard the noise coming from outside. "Mama, what's going on?" Flurry asked frightened.

"Someone is trying to hurt all of us, but your father and aunt will stop him."

Coldheart surrounded the Alicorn Siblings with black ice as King Sombra, Queen Luna, and Colonel Tirek arrived before Coldheart can fire a dark magic ball at it. Tirek charged at the monster ramming his horns at the Yeti's back! Coldheart roared in pain as he turned around. "You dare challenge the great Coldheart!"

Tirek smirked, "Great Coldheart? More like Big Black Fuzzball to me!" Coldheart roared and pounded on his chest before throwing a punch at Tirek who disappeared. Sombra and Luna then fired a combined magic beam at the Yeti's face! Coldheart covered his face with his paws as he roared in pain again. When he moved his paws he saw that King Glacier and Queen Ra Isis broke free and they along with Luna, King Sombra, and Colonel Tirek surrounding him. Coldheart roared in anger and pounded his chest again as the Alicorns, King Sombra, and Colonel Tirek powered up their horns as did the Yeti's. They fired magic beams at the Yeti who made a black barrier around him protecting himself from the magic beams.

"You can't hold up forever!" Tirek yelled.

Coldheart laughed again, "You maybe, but my power is limitless!"

"Don't be too sure!" Rainbow Dash's voice yelled. The Mane Six, Discord, Celestia, and Eclipse arrived. Twilight, Discord, Celestia, and Eclipse began combining their magic with the others magic.

"You can't stop friendship and teamwork!" Twilight yelled as the barrier began to break.

"WHAT?!"

"I suggest we take this outside!" Discord said before he teleported them all outside of Freezerburg. The barrier broke and the Yeti was hit!

They all powered down and the smoke cleared. Coldheart got up and laughed. "Impressive, very impressive! But you can't beat the darkness!" he said as his paws became surrounded by black aura again and his horns glowed. He fired a beam at the others but Tirek got in front of them and blocked it with his own magic barrier! Coldheart stopped and looked at Tirek amused, "If it's all the same to you I rather snap your horns with my own paws." he said cracking his knuckles.

Tirek lowered the barrier and smirked, "This might be fun after all!"

"Tirek, be careful!" Luna said as Tirek nodded and approached the Yeti. Tirek then ran up to the Yeti and threw a punch, but Coldheart dodged quickly as he threw a kick but Tirek dodged too! Tirek then lifted the monster over his head and tossed him. Coldheart quickly recovered and began throwing punches and kicks at the Centaur who ducked and dodged all of them. Tirek turned around and used his hind legs to kick his foe in the face and sending him to the ground. Tirek then jumped in the air and was going to deliver a punch in the stomach by Coldheart used his feet to stop him and throw him.

Tirek recovered quickly, "You're good, I'll give you that. But if you try to take over Freezerburg there will be a price to pay!"

"Oh really, and how would you know? Don't answer that!" Coldheart then grabbed Tirek and held him face to face, and Tirek didn't look worried.

"You are a fool....." Tirek said.

"YOU are the fool, thinking you can beat me!" Coldheart yelled in Tirek's face.

"I wasn't trying to beat you.... I was getting you into the position for me to do THIS!" Everyone watched as Tirek began absorbing Coldheart's powers! And surprisingly Tirek didn't get any bigger.

"What's happening?! I'm losing my powers!" Coldheart yelled as he felt himself weakened.

"You mean you LOST your powers!" Tirek said as the Ice Sculptures went into pieces and the citizens cheered. Coldheart dropped him and backed up. "Take this!" Tirek yelled as he slammed his fist to the ground and ice began surrounding the beast caging him again!

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Tirek brushed both his hands, "Nothing to it....."

Twilight Sparkle ran up to Tirek angrily, "Don't tell me you....."

"Relax, the darkness is still inside of him. I only took his Ice Powers." Tirek said.

Twilight put a hoof to her chest, "Oh, good!

"He's yours now...." Tirek said backing away as Twilight nodded. The Mane Six surrounded Coldheart and used their Elements of Harmony on him, breaking the ice in the process.

Coldheart collapsed on his knees as King Glacier approached him. "Coldheart, all powers you have had are all gone...." he said.

Coldheart looked up at him sadly, "I'm.... Please forgive me..... I let my jealousy get the better of me and the crystal took advantage of it....."

"Coldheart, tell me why you were jealous." Glacier ordered.

"I was jealous because I helped you run the kingdom in the past and you got all the glory, and I got none...."

"Why did you not tell me?" Glacier asked.

"Because, I was afraid you would punish me or humiliate me....." Coldheart replied as Glacier shook his head.

"No, I would never do that. Not to my friend...."

"You still consider me a friend after all I put you through?" Coldheart asked.

"Yes, I do. And I'm sorry for not noticing your pain. You are welcomed back into Freezerburg, but you need to help correct what you've damaged and make up for what you have done before I let you become my adviser again."

Glacier said and Coldheart nodded, "Yes, I'll do as you command..... and I'll see to it that I work real hard and try to earn everyone's trust....." he promised.

Pinkie Pie taught him the Pinkie Promise and Coldheart got to work on the damage he caused. Flurry ran up to her father and hugged him, "That was so scary papa!"

"Don't worry, snowflake, it's over now...." Aziza hugged her mother and Umbra hugged his parents and aunt.

Celestia approached Tirek, "Tirek, you have done a very selfless act. I am proud of you."

Tirek bowed, "You honor me, Princess Celestia and I'll try to put these new Ice Powers to good use."

Discord heard that and he smiled. Eclipse bowed to King Glacier, "Should we help Coldheart, sir?"

Glacier shook his head, "No, Glacier must do it himself. If I know Coldheart he is a very skilled builder and is true to his word. I am also relieved that no one is hurt."

Eclipse nodded in agreement, "Me too."
Hours later.....

Coldheart wiped his head, "Phew! All done!" he had fixed the buildings he and his minions damaged.

King Glacier smiled, "Great work Coldheart! You still got ways to go...."

"Yes, I know. I promise I'll be good to others from now on...." Coldheart said as he bowed.

Glacier nodded, "Good. You must be exhausted from all that hard work. Why don't you rest for a while?"

"Good idea...." Coldheart replied before following King Glacier to the castle. Coldheart went to a sofa and laid down. Then he was asleep within moments.

Flurry went over to her father, "Is he a good yeti now, papa?"

"Yes, he is. And he'll be joining us to celebrate Hearth Warming's Eve with your aunt, cousin, and friend."

King Sombra and Queen Luna were taking a walk down a snowy park; Tirek, joined by Saphira, signed autographs for the kids; Discord was enjoying Ice Cream with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash; Scorpan, Eclipse, Fluttershy and Easter played with the young penguins, seals, Yeti's, and the colts and fillies even Umbra, Aziza, and Flurry; Rarity was checking out the clothes store and her eyes sparkles when she saw the sparkly coats and capes; Applejack was trying the frozen fruit at the Fruit Market; Twilight Sparkle looked around the village with Celestia and took note of everything she saw. "This place is amazing, Celestia!" Twilight said.

"And beautiful too." Celestia added.

Cold Hooves used his magic to carry bouquet full of blue flowers and went to Flurry nervously. He presented them to her and blushed. "This is for me?" he nodded. "Oh, you're so sweet and very generous!" Flurry said before kissing his cheek. Cold Hooves stood there frozen for a second then he fell down in the snow. Umbra and Aziza saw this and smiled at each other.

Soon Spike, Flash Sentry, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance and their baby Alexandrite came and attended the Hearth Warming's Eve party at King Glacier's and Queen Arctica's castle with the others, even Tirek. Aziza gave Flurry a pair of sunglasses and Flurry gave Aziza blue mittens and they hugged each other. Coldheart and Tirek shook hands, "For helping me you and the others have earned an ally...." Coldheart said, "And I wish you well on turning good completely, my lord."

Saphira wrapped her arms around Tirek's arm, "He's getting there." she said as Tirek looked down at her and grinned. Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash brought Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Wild Forrest, Polkey Dots, and Rapper Mouth and they befriended Flurry and the Popsicle Gang. Since Flurry had no Cutie Mark she became a Cutie Mark Crusader. And Flurry taught the CMC and the CMS how to ice skate. Fluttershy and Easter kissed under a mistletoe while no one was looking. Spike was following Rarity with hearts in his eyes and floating in the air. Scorpan and Eclipse were surprisingly good at ice skating and they ice skated like they were in ballet. Pinkie Pie was enjoying herself and bouncing around. Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle were having a little chat when Rainbow Dash held a mistletoe over their heads giggling. Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle happily kissed. When it was dinner time they all sat in chairs at a big table all made of ice. King Glacier raised a ice cup with his magic and said, "First I would like to welcome my old friend Coldheart back into Freezerburg and I would like to thank all of you for helping me and my sister bring the good Coldheart back. We couldn't have done it without all of you, thank you! And even though it's only a few more days I would like to wish everyone present a Happy Hearth Warming's Eve!" they all lifted their ice cups, "Cheers!" then they drunk their fruit juice, started eating, and some started having conversations.
In a cave miles away

"Hmph! That fool Coldheart has lost this battle and the powers I have gifted him centuries ago....." the evil voice said as the black stallion bowed.

"My apologies, sir. I didn't think THEY would show up during the battle...."

"No matter. It's still only the beginning..... and I have plans for all of them!" then the voice laughed his evil laugh.

Author's Note:

Ra Isis was created from the heat
Glacier was created from the cold

While I was thinking about Glacier's wife and what her name should be the name Arctica came to my head and I also realized that she's Aziza's aunt she is called Aunt Arctica. Get it? Aunt Arctica and Antarctica?