• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,107 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,107

Chapter Eleven: The Medals

Chapter Eleven: The Medals
Seleneville

Tirek was in the spot wear he does his training outside of Seleneville. He picked up a rock and made it melt in his hand. The melted rock got on the ground and started to burn before Tirek stepped on it, putting it out. He looked at both of his hands and concentrated. His right hand was on fire and his left hand was covered with ice. He then looked at a boulder and sent fire from his right hand to it. Soon the boulder was red and hot. Then Tirek fired ice from his other hand cooling off the boulder. Then he slammed both hands to the ground making fireballs and ice come out of the ground. When the two made contact a huge cloud of steam was made, "This will make excellent smokescreen...." Tirek said before firing a beam from his between his horns clearing away the steam.

"That was awesome!" Saphira yelled.

Tirek looked surprised, "How long have you been here?"

"Just a few minutes. By the way, your tail is on fire."

"What?" Tirek looked back and saw the tip of his tail lit up. "Oh, well would you look at that." he said before putting a finger and thumb on the lit part of the tail putting it out.

"Is your hand hot?" Saphira asked before giggling.

"Haha, that's funny Saphira. No, my hands feel fine. I guess I have gotten impervious to hot and cold since I got these new powers." he looked at the melted rock. "Maybe I could use my fire powers to make new armor and weapons."

"That's not a bad idea. Speaking of melting, a blacksmith just moved to Seleneville." Saphira told him.

"Really?"

"Yes, and he has opened up his own workshop. He also has three daughters. He is speaking to King Sombra in case if you wanted to meet him."

Tirek scratched his beard, "Sure, why not?" he held out his arm and Saphira wrapped her arms around it before heading back to Seleneville.
King Sombra's and Queen Luna's Castle

And light brown unicorn stallion was shaking Sombra's hoof. He had a dark brown mane and tail, green eyes, and an anvil with a hammer cutie mark. He also had a brown beard and mustache. "Thank you so much, sir! I promise you won't regret this." he said.

"You are quite welcome, Smith." Sombra said before turning looking towards his unicorn daughters. The oldest's coat and eyes were gold, her mane and tail were yellow with gold, and her cutie mark was two gold bars. She also wore a gold crown shaped tiara on her head. The second oldest's coat, tail, and mane were silver. Her eyes and headband were greenish blue, and her cutie mark were two silver bells. The youngest's coat was bronze, her mane, tail, and eyes were dark brown and bronze, and she had no cutie mark. "And what are your names, my dears?"

"I'm Carat Gold. I have the magic to turn whatever my horn touches to solid gold. Observe!" the gold unicorn walked over to a blue vase and touched it with her horn. And in a few seconds in turned to gold.

"Remarkable! You have a very rare gift called the Golden Touch, my dear. It is very hard to reverse that kind of magic so I suggest you watch where you move your horn." Sombra suggested.

"Thank you, sire. And don't worry, I am very careful." Gold replied.

The silver unicorn stepped up, "I'm Silver Belle! Nice to finally meet you, sire!"

"Nice to meet you too. And what can you do?" Sombra asked.

"I have the magic to repair or clean old or broken bells. Bells are my specialty!" Belle told him.

"Excellent! And what's your name, young one?" Sombra asked the youngest.

The filly turned her head nervously, "Um.... my name is Bronze Medal, sir...." she said quietly. "I don't know my talent, yet...."

"Oh, it's okay. You'll find it and earn your cutie mark in time. But remember, you have to earn them not work for them." Sombra said.

"Oh.... yes, sir...."

Saphira comes in and picks up the filly, "Oh, aren't you adorable?" she asked holding Bronze like a baby.

"Young ladies, this is Saphira. She loves us ponies even young ones." Sombra told the three sisters.

"Nice to meet you, Saphira!" Belle greeted.

"Hello, I'm Carat Gold. And this is Silver Belle and Bronze Medal." Carat said politely.

Tirek comes into the room. When Bronze sees Tirek she struggles and gets out of the centauress's arms and hides behind her oldest sister. Silver's eyes opened wide, "So.... big.... up close...." was all she said.

"Everypony, this is my boyfriend Colonel Tirek. And don't worry, he won't hurt you." Saphira assured them.

"I won't hurt anyone unless if it's self defense, defending or helping others, or if I'm provoked." Tirek added. "And did I hear that one of you have the Golden Touch?"

"I do, sir." Carat replied.

"According to my knowledge the Golden Touch is a very rare and unique magic that turns whatever the latter touches to solid gold even living things. I also heard about how complicated it is to reverse such a spell." Tirek said.

"Yes, it is. The last time I accidentally turned a pony to gold it took me hours to reverse the spell. I just use my gift to help others in need of gold." Carat replied.

"That's right and since she made a lot of money helping others we eventually earned enough to move to such a beautiful kingdom." Belle added.

Their father stepped up, "So you're the famous Tirek?" he asked.

"In the flesh." Tirek replied.

"My name is Smith. And if you need your armor or any of your weapons sharpened, made, or fixed I'm just the stallion for the job."

"Much appreciated, blacksmith." Tirek said.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Do you have a school?" Smith asked.

Sombra answered, "Yes, we have a schoolhouse in Seleneville. My son goes to the Schoolhouse in Ponyville."

"Good grief! That's pretty far." Smith replied.

"My wife and I teleport or fly our son to Ponyville so it's not a problem. And Princess Twilight Sparkle has made me a teleporter." Sombra pointed the a mirror looking teleporter. "Using it is pretty easy; just think about where you want to go and it'll show you a picture of where you want to go then just jump in and you'll be there in a short time. You or your daughters may use it if you are interested."

"That is sooooo COOL!" Belle yelled.

"Thank you so much, your majesty." Smith said bowing. "I can get supplies for my workshop quickly!"

"Um.... can I go to Ponyville, daddy?" Bronze asked.

"Of course. As long as your sisters come with." Smith said, "You three be careful, you hear?"

"Yes dad!" all three said.

"Well. got to get back to my workshop. Again, thank you King Sombra." Smith said bowing again.

"Anytime, blacksmith." Sombra replied. Smith left and Bronze went close to the mirror. She thought of the word Ponyville and the picture showed on the glass. She nervously touched it and then she got sucked in!

"Ahhhhhh!"

"Bronze!" Belle yelled before jumping in after her. Then Carat jumped in after them.

"Have fun!" Saphira yelled.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

They landed in Twilight's room from youngest to oldest landing on one another. Twilight walks up to them, "Welcome to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom." she greeted.

The three sisters got up and brushed themselves off. "Are you Princess Twilight Sparkle?" Carat asked.

"Yes, I am. But you may call me Twilight. You came from Seleneville?"

"Yes, we did." Carat looked around, "Is this your room?"

"Yes, it is. And you just came through my teleporter."

The three sisters looked behind them and back at Twilight. "How cool is that!?" Silver Belle yelled.

Carat stepped up, "Forgive our manners. My name is Carat Gold and they are my sisters, Silver Belle and Bronze Medal. We just moved to Seleneville with our dad." the three bowed and got back up.

"I see. What can i do for you?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, nothing! We're just visiting Ponyville." Belle replied. "it's outside your castle, right?"

"Yes, it is. Follow me." Twilight led the three sisters through the castle. They looked around left and right in amazement.

"Your castle is beautiful! Just as beautiful as King Sombra's castle." Carat complimented.

"Thank you. And that reminds me. I have to register you all in my security robot so he won't bother you. Wait here." Twilight teleports. After a few minutes she came back. "Now you can come in anytime you want." they continued down the hallway to the entrance. After walking out Belle immediately saw the robot and rushed over to it.

"This is soooooo COOL!" she yelled. "What do you call him?"

"Not him, it." Spike said approaching the three. "It is named Alibot. Alicorn Robot. And I have to tell you, Alibot takes it's security duties very seriously. Drives me crazy, sometimes."

"That it's program, Spike." Twilight told him.

"Neat!" Bronze said.

"Oh, and if you need help you can find Pinkie Pie at Sugarcube Corner, Applejack at Sweet Apple Acres, Rainbow Dash around here somewhere, Rarity at the Carousel Boutique, and Fluttershy. I think she's by the lake." Twilight said to the three sisters.

"Thank you, Twilight." Carat Gold said before motioning her younger sisters to follow her.

"Thanks for you help, Princess!" Silver said. Bronze waved goodbye while following her older sisters.

After they left Twilight smiled, "They're interesting mares...."
Ponyville

The three sisters walked through Ponyville. Some of the stallions stopped and saw the older sisters with their eyes wide and jaws opened. "This place is not bad." Carat Gold said to her sisters.

"Yeah, and the air is really clean." Belle replied sniffing the air. "I wonder if they have any bells here?" then she noticed the Schoolhouse. Some worker ponies were trying to fix the bell on top. Belle's eyes lit up and she smiled before she teleported to the roof. "Hi! What is wrong with the bell?"

"Hello, this bell is not ringing and we're trying to figure out why." one of the workers said.

"Bells are my specialty." Belle told them.

"Oh?"

"Here, let me have a look." Belle went inside the bell and used her horn as a flashlight. "This bells does need to be cleaned out for one thing." she said. "Hey, what's this?" then the bell rung loud making Belle shake and fall off the roof. One of the workers tried to catch her but it was to late. Belle fell to the ground, "Ow! It's working now...." she groaned. "Don't worry. I'm okay!"

Carat and Bronze rushed over to their sister and helped her up, "Are you alright?" Carat asked.

"Why are you yelling in my ear?" Belle asked.

After she recovered they continued on their way through Ponyville seeing what there is to see. Pinkie Pie jumped and landed in front of them. "Hi! Haven't seen you around here before! Did you just move here? I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"Hello, my name is Carat Gold and they are my sisters. No, we just moved to Seleneville and King Sombra let us use his teleporter to get here."

"Yeah, we're just looking around is all." Belle added. "Are you the Pinkie Pie Twilight Sparkle told us about?"

"Rightaroonie! And since you are new here how about I give you a tour around Ponyville? Playing guide pony is one of my favorite things to do!" Pinkie offered.

"We do appreciate it." Carat said before the pink pony started bouncing. "She's more rambunctious than you are." she told Silver Belle before they followed her.
Sweet Apple Acres

After Apple Bloom and Wild Forrest got done working for the day the started playing their version of Hide and Seek. Forrest started counting and Apple Bloom went to hide. After the wild colt got done counting he started sniffing the air and the ground until he came to a basket full of apples. "You're in the basket, Apple Bloom! Try again."

Apple Bloom jumped out of the basket, "His senses are more keen than Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense." she said to herself.

Apple Bloom hid again and Forrest sniffed around again until he came to a tree that was full of blooms. "You're really living up to your name, Apple Bloom!" he joked.

She jumped out of the tree, "You found me again!"

She hid again and again Wild Forrest sniffed around then yelled, "Apples in the barrel!"

The lid popped off and Apple Bloom jumped out, "You're so good at this!" Wild Forrest sniffed the air again. "What do you smell?"

"Pinkie Pie and new ponies!" they looked over to the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres then trotted towards them. "Hi! I haven't seen you three around here before. My name is Wild Forrest."

"And I'm Apple Bloom. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!"

"Hello, my name is Carat Gold."

"Hi, little cuties! I'm Silver Belle."

"Um.... and my name is Bronze Medal...." she whispered turning her head nervously.

"What was that?" Apple Bloom asked.

"She said her name is Bronze Medal." Forrest replied.

"Howdy!" Apple Bloom greeted before noticing that Bronze Medal has no cutie mark. "Would you like to be a member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" she invited.

Bronze turned her head shyly, "Um.... what is the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" she whispered.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders search for their cutie marks." Forrest explained, "I'm a member of the Cutie Mark Supporters. The Supporters help the Crusaders find their cutie marks any way they can and we are always looking for new recruits if you're interested."

"Oh, how sweet! Why don't you give it a try, Bronze?" Belle suggested.

"Um.... okay...." Bronze followed Apple Bloom and Wild Forrest to their clubhouse.
Meanwhile

Prince Umbra and Princess Aziza were enjoying milkshakes while sitting on a bench unaware that Silver Spoon was watching them looking very jealous. Silver still has not gotten over what had happened months ago nor has she done anything to make it up to Aziza. Emo caught Silver staring at them. "Hey, Silver!"

"Oh, hey Emo...."

"Still haven't gotten over him, huh?" Emo asked.

"No...."

Diamond Tiara trotted up to them. "Hi, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing...." Silver replied.

"Oh, come on! If Umbra chooses to hang out with Princess Blanky over there, it's his loss." Diamond told her friend.

"Maybe you're right. Let's go...." Silver followed her friends. She looked back and saw Aziza rest her head on Umbra's shoulder while he was blushing. Silver grunted and turned away.

A little while later the three sisters headed back into Ponyville. Bronze was wearing her new CMC uniform and they just went into Sugarcube Corner. They came out with paper bags full of cookies when Belle spotted the Joke Shop. Her eyes opened wide and her jaw dropped, "Jokes and pranks take me away!" she took off in full speed into the shop.

"Bronze, can you wait in front of the Sugarcube Corner? I got to go get our sister before she becomes to prank happy again." Carat asked.

"Okay, Carat...." she sat down and Carat went into the Joke Shop after Belle. Bronze took a cookie out and took a bite, "Mmmm! Caramel...."

The bullies were just passing by when they spotted Bronze Medal eating her cookies. They looked at each other and smirked. Bronze was enjoying her cookies when she noticed that she was being watched. "Oh.... hello...." she greeted quietly.

"Hi Little Brownie! You enjoying your cookies?" Emo asked making his friends giggle.

"Yes.... thank you.... my name is Bronze Medal...." she replied quietly.

"Bronze Medal? More like Dirty!" Diamond rudely said.

Not wanting to be left out Silver said, "It looks like she has been tanning too long." she and her friends laughed as Bronze began to cry. "Maybe you should stay out of the sun!" Bronze cried harder.

"Awe, little foal gonna cry?" Emo asked tugging Bronze's cheek, "Wah! Wah!" Umbra and Aziza were passing by when they saw the bullies picking on the bronze filly. Before they could do anything Bronze's horn glowed light bronze.

Carat has just dragged Belle out of the Joke Shop when they heard their sister yell, "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" then there was a light bronze flash.

"Bronze!" they both yelled before running back to the Sugarcube Corner. They found her lying on the ground crying and the three bullies turned to bronze statues.

"Oh, Bronze...." Carat said taking her youngest sister into her arms.

"What the heck happened?!" Belle asked.

Umbra stepped up, "They were bullying her and there was a bronze colored light."

"And it looks like she turned them into statues!" Aziza added just as surprised as the others were. "You must take them to Twilight Sparkle! We'll get their parents!"

"Yes, please do that!" Carat replied. Carat and Belle used their magic to carry the bullies to the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom while Carat carried Bronze, who was still crying, on her back.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

They were in Twilight's room; Carat and Belle explained everything to Twilight. Bronze was laying down on a pillow still crying. "Unbelievable! She has the very rare magic called the Bronze Magic. I've read it in a book."

"I.... I didn't mean too...." Bronze sobbed.

Twilight put a hoof on her back, "I know. It was an accident and don't worry I'll do what I can to reverse the spell." she assured her. "Flash!" she called.

Flash Sentry came into the room. "Yes, my lady?"

"I need to go find a spell book. Can you stay here with them?"

Flash looked over to them, "Of course."

"Thank you...." Twilight left the room.

"If there is anything you need until Princess Twilight Sparkle gets back, don't hesitate to ask." Flash told them before noticing the statues. "What are the statues for?"

"Our youngest sister accidentally turned them into bronze and we can't reverse the spell." Carat replied. "And I say, you are a very handsome Royal Guard." she said getting close to him making him blush.

Suddenly Aziza and Umbra ran into the room with the bullies parents behind them. Emo's mother ran over to him and hugged him crying, "My baby! Oh, my baby!" her husband tried to comfort her.

Silver Spoon's mother did the same, "Oh, our poor little angel...." Silver's father said.

"Our little Diamond...." Tiara's mother said hugging her and crying.

"Our poor little girl...." Filthy said.

Twilight came back in with the book, "Oh, hello there...." she greeted the parents.

"Please, save our children!" Silver's mother begged.

"Well, you see.... I have good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that they are still alive and the spell can be reversed." Twilight told them.

"Thank heaven!" Tiara's mother cried before hugging her husband.

"But what's the bad news?" Filthy asked.

"The bad news is that this spell is so rare that very few have reversed the spell and the latter of that spell can reverse it...." Twilight said looking over to Bronze who had her face stained with tears. Twilight walked up to her, "Bronze, I'm afraid it's up to you...."

"Please try!" Emo's father begged.

Twilight handed Bronze a hanky and she dried her face. After she had calmed down she walked over to the three bronze bullies. "I'll do my best...." with that sweat drops came down her face as her horn glowed light bronze. "Come on! Work!"

Belle and Carat wrapped an arm around their sister. "You can do it, I know you can!" Carat said.

"What she said!" Belle added.

Bronze's horn glowed brighter and brighter as she grunted and groaned. Suddenly her flank glowed and the place was full of light bronze light getting a lot of ponies attention. They watched in awe as the light faded. Applejack, Apple Bloom, Wild Forrest, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash, and Scootaloo watched too. When the light died down they rushed into the castle. Bronze was on her knees panting. She looked and saw that the bullies have returned to normal groaning and stretching. "Did anyone get the number on that wagon?" Emo asked before their parents ran towards them and hugged them crying.

"Bronze, you've done it!" Belle congratulated.

"You don't know how proud I am of you, little sister." Carat added.

The CMC, their sisters, and Wild Forrest came into the room. "That's Bronze Medal! The filly I told you about!" Apple Bloom told her friends before they ran up to her. Apple Bloom stopped and gasped, "Bronze! Your cutie mark!"

Carat looked, "My goodness!"

Belle looked too, "You go mare!"

Bronze looked at her cutie mark and saw a light bronze star with four smaller light bronze stars circling it. "My.... my cutie mark...." she whispered before she fainted. She woke up on the sofa with the others watching her. Bronze looked at her cutie mark, "It wasn't a dream...."

"Congratulations, Bronze Medal." Twilight said getting the filly's attention. "You have earned your cutie mark not just by your ability to turn anyone or anything to bronze and turning them back to normal, but the bond you and your sisters share. Without their love and support this would not have happened...."

Bronze began to cry from happiness. "Thank you, Twilight...." she looked over to the bullies and their parents. "Please, forgive me.... I didn't mean to turn you three into bronze statues.... I just lost control...."

"Young lady, we have talked it over. We forgive you." Filthy told her.

"Yes, it was not your fault...." Silver's mother added.

"And it's also time we gave our kids another stern talking too!" Emo's father said looking at his son angrily.

"Oh, and congratulations on getting your cutie mark." Emo's mother said sweetly.

Bronze sobbed, "Thank you.... all.... and again I'm sorry...."

The parents nodded and left the castle. "Tiara, I'm not going to yell. I'm so relieved that you are alright, but you are grounded for a week." Filthy said to his daughter.

"Yes, dad...."

"You are grounded too, but you can still go over to your friend's house and school but nowhere else. Understand?" Silver's mother said.

"Yes, mom...."

"No guitar playing for a week!" Emo's father scolded.

"Yes, pa...."

"To bad for them...." Sweetie Belle said hearing them.

Forrest sighs, "It appears it'll take longer for them to learn than I thought. But at least Emo won't be so noisy."

"Hey, Bronze Medal?"

"Yes, Apple Bloom?"

"I would like you to meet our friends. Everypony this is Bronze Medal, the new Cutie Mark Crusader. Er, I mean Cutie Mark Supporter and her sisters!" the kids cheered.

"Howdy, I'm Applejack. Apple Bloom's older sister and the second oldest."

"Hi, I'm the one and only Rainbow Dash! And this is my adopted sister, Scootaloo!"

"Hi!"

"Hello, my name is Rarity."

"I'm Sweetie Belle!"

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintances." Carat said shaking Rarity's hoof.

"Your manes and coats are simply dazzling!" Rarity complimented.

"Why, thank you." Carat replied.
In a cave miles away....

The evil being was watching the whole thing from a portal he has created. "Interesting...."

"What is it, sir?" the black stallion asked.

"These three unicorns have very unique gifts and I sense that their hearts are pure. However, I know a rodent who is very greedy and his Greed is the next element I need to become powerful again...."

"Rodent, sir?"

"Yes, and they call him Sparky Rattail...."

"Sparky Rattail? The rat actor?"

"Yes, the rat. He now lives in the sewers of Manehattan and commands the rats that live down there. He spends his time gathering whatever he can find that in his opinion is valuable and he is gifted with the power to manipulate electricity due to that freak accident...."

"Shall I search for him, sir?"

"Yes. I don't care how you do it, just bring that vermin here...." the evil voice commanded.

"As you wish...." the black stallion bows and then left the cave.