• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,095 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,095

Chapter Three: Family Reunion

Chapter Three: Family Reunion

King Sombra was pacing around the throne room when Luna came into the room. "Honey?"

"Yes love?"

"What's the matter?"

Sombra sighed, "I was just thinking about my parents. That's all...."

"Sombra...." Luna nuzzled against her husband.

"I have been thinking about how to bring them back if we're careful...."

"How?"

"We'll use Yykees' time machine. I'll save my parents and bring them back here...."

Luna's eyes opened wide, "Honey...."

"No, I have an idea."
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

"If I make myself invisible as well as my magic, I might have a chance."

"Sombra, you do realize the risks?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, but I must do it. Not just for myself, but for them and Umbra...."

Twilight understood and took out the key. She unlocked the Time Machine and they set it to the time before Sombra banished his parents into eternal darkness. "Sombra, please be careful...." Luna begged.

"Yes, please...." Twilight added.

Sombra nodded, put on a black robe with a hood and stepped into the machine. Twilight tried to comfort Luna. Little did they know that a suspicious black stallion disguised as a Royal Guard was watching the whole thing. He smirked and left.
1,000 years back into the past in an old village

Sombra arrived safely at the entrance of the village. Sombra looks around as he walked through the village, "This sure brings back memories...." All the windows were dark and everypony was asleep. Then something caught his eye: his younger self entering a house! Sombra made himself invisible and followed his evil self. Once they were in the house the evil King Sombra was reunited with his parents. The father was a black unicorn with purple eyes, silver mane, and silver tail. The mother was a silver Earth pony mare with blue eyes, mane and tail. The father's cutie mark was a ruby shield while his wife's was a sapphire shield. It's really them.... Present day Sombra thought.

"Sombra? Is it really you?!" the mother ran up to him and hugged him, much to the past Sombra's disgust.

The father approached him, "It IS you! I knew all along that Princess Luna's famous boyfriend is really our boy!"

The past Sombra's eyes glowed and his horn powered. "WRONG!" he roared scaring his parents. "As far as anypony must know your son ceased to exist when you abandoned him!" he smiled his evil smile as his horn powered up and his eyes glowed, "Now, it's your turn to suffer...."

Then a black crystal formed around the parents, "NO!" the mother cried.

"PLEASE! Don't do this!" the father yelled before the were encaged in black crystals. The past Sombra laughed and opened a dark portal. Showing no remorse, he lifted them with his magic and through them inside the portal. In time the present day Sombra fired an invisible beam into the portal before it closed. The Present day Sombra left the house as the past Luna was about to enter.

He found his parents, still trapped in a crystal, close to the portal. Sombra became visible and whispered, "We're together again...." he used his magic to put them into the portal before jumping in too.
Present Day

Both the crystal and Sombra made it back safely. Luna hugs her husband, "I was so frightened...." she said almost sobbing.

"I'm fine...." Sombra assured her before turning off the time machine and locking it again. "Thank you, Twilight...."

She nodded. "Can you lift the spell?" she asked.

"Yes, I can. But I need to concentrate." Sombra approached the crystal again as his eyes and horn powered up, "My father, Midknight Ruby. My mother Sapphire Gemstone. Awaken from your crystal slumber!" he yelled before he fired a beam at the crystal making a bright light. The light faded then the crystal began to crack. The crystal shattered and they screamed as they were set free. They were dazed for a moment, then their vision cleared. They looked around them and saw Sombra walking towards them happily.

"Who.... who are you?" Midknight asked not recognizing his son.

"Father.... it's me, Sombra...."

Sapphire Gemstone looked him over, "Sombra? But how?"

"It's a really long story mother. After all these years...." Sombra said before hugging his mother who hugged him back.

"All these years? How long has it been?" Midknight asked.

Sombra and his mother let go. "This may be a shock to you two, but a thousand years has passed."

"A thousand years!?" Midknight yelled.

"That's impossible!" Sapphire added as shocked as her husband.

"I'm afraid it's true. And I can't tell you how happy I am now that you're back. I was wrong to send the both of you into darkness. I wasn't myself during that time and I would do anything to make it up to you...."

Midknight put a hoof on his son's shoulder, "Son, if anypony needs to be apologizing it's us. We were wrong to abandon you, and we're sorry."

"Yes, we are. Once we realized our mistake we came searching for you, but we couldn't find you anywhere." Sapphire added sadly.

"But, we're together again and that's all that matters." Midknight said.

Sombra's and his parents' eyes began to tear up, "Mother, father...."

"Sombra...." the father said

"Our little boy...." the mother added. All three hugged each other. Luna and Twilight watched happily. In that moment Luna saw Sombra as a colt again reunited with his parents.

Sombra escorted his parents to the two princesses. "Mother and father, this is Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship." Twilight shook hooves with Sapphire and Midknight kissed Twilight's hoof.

"Nice to meet you." Twilight said.

"And this is my wife, Luna."

"Luna, the Princess of the Night?" Midknight asked in a bewildered tone of voice.

"Yes, but I am now Queen of the Night." Luna said politely.

After Midknight kissed her hoof he said, "It's an honor to meet you your majesty."

"Imagine! Our daughter-in-law the Queen of the Night!" said Sapphire before hugging Luna.

They all talked for a while in Twilight's room. "So let me get this straight: You took over the Crystal Empire, got imprisoned in the ice for a thousand years, tried to take over again, got defeated then resurrected, reformed, became the King of Seleneville, defeated your evil clone, then you were reborn a Crystal Pony and got married to Princess Luna?" Midknight asked.

"That's wonderful! I can't tell you how proud I am of you!" Sapphire Gemstone yelled.

"Me neither!" Midknight replied.

"And that's not all. If I told you that would ruin the surprise." Sombra replied. "And, I hate to mention this, but the village you called home is no more and your neighbors has moved elsewhere. I'm sorry...."

Sapphire looked down sad as her husband put an arm across her shoulders to comfort her. "But their descendants should still be around." Luna told them.

"I can research the Old Village and find out who lived there and find their descendants." Twilight offered.

"You do that for us?" Sapphire asked.

"How can we repay you?" Midknight asked next.

"Just be our friends." Twilight answered smiling.

"You may live with us in our Kingdom." Sombra invited his parents. "After you get settled in I'll show you around Equestria. Whatever you want, you get whatever makes you comfortable. And father, I can make you a Royal Guard again if you want." they couldn't believe their ears. Before they could say anything Sombra teleported himself, Luna, and his parents to Seleneville.
Sombra's and Luna's Castle

"This is your castle?!" Midknight asked in a surprised tone of voice.

"It's beautiful!" Sapphire complimented. Sombra opened the gate and they walked in.

They looked around in awe as they were escorted to the Throne Room. "Mother, father, I have somepony I want you to meet. Umbra!" Sombra called. Umbra ran in and stood next to his parents. Midknight and Sapphire saw the resemblance.

Sapphire whispered, "Sombra..... is he....."

Sombra nodded, "Yes, he's our son. Umbra, they are your grandparents. My mother and father. Midknight Ruby and Sapphire Gemstone."

Umbra trotted up to them. Midknight yelled, "Well, what do you know? I'm a grandpa!"

"And I'm a grandma!" Sapphire yelled next.

"Nice to meet you sir and ma'am." Umbra greeted.

"He so polite too. You may call me Pappapa."

"And me Gramma!" with that all three laughed and embraced.

Tirek and Saphira watched from a hallway. Saphira smiled and wiped a tear from her eye, "Isn't this sweet? Grandpa and grandma meeting their grandson for the first time?" It's a shame I can't reveal where I came from yet.... she thought. Tirek said nothing as they watched.

"Come here you!" Midknight said as he gave his grandson a noogie laughing.

"Hey, you're messing up my mane!" Umbra said while laughing before breaking free.

"Come to Gramma!" Sapphire yelled hugging Umbra. Luna and Sombra watched the whole thing smiling.

After meeting their grandson Saphira escorted them to a spare room. "King Sombra has many rooms built for his guards, servants, and for visitors." she told them passing many doors until they stopped at one. "This one can be yours." she opened it and inside was a king sized bed with a dark blue blanket and light blue pillows; a really big window; a fireplace with two chairs in front; a big book shelf full of books; a desk with papers and a pen; and hung up was two robes one dark blue and one light blue; and the walls and floor were different shades of blue and sparkled. The couple's jaw dropped at the sight of the beautiful room. "If you need anything call King Sombra's servants and they will happily serve you." Saphira said before leaving.

Sapphire Gemstone laid down on the bed while Midknight Ruby sat by the fireplace reading a book and drinking tea. After a while there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Midknight said.

Umbra came in, "Hi Pappapa! Hi Gramma! How do you like your room?"

"It's lovely, thank you." Sapphire replied.

Midknight smiled at his grandson, "Come over here son." he said.

Umbra trotted over and sat next to him in the same chair. "Dad is making preparations to make you Captain of the Seleneville Guard, Pappapa."

"Isn't that right?"

"Yep! Are you excited?"

"Yes. Just imagine, your Pappapa being a Royal Guard once again!" he hugged Umbra happily then they let go. "And I have to say much has changed according to these books. I feel old."

"Dad said you were trapped in a crystal for a thousand years. How do you feel?" Umbra asked caringly.

"I feel fine and I feel like we haven't been asleep long. Kind of like a few minutes."

"How do you feel Gramma?"

"I'm fine, dear. Thank you."

Then one of Sombra's guards came in, "Sir, ma'am, and young prince. Dinner is ready."

The guard escorted Midknight Ruby, Sapphire Gemstone, and Prince Umbra to the dining room where the Mane Six, Celestia, Easter, Flash Sentry, Spike, Isle, Cadance, Shining Armor, their son Alexandrite, Sombra, Luna, Tirek, Saphira, and Discord were waiting. Alexandrite was sitting in a seat for babies between his parents. Umbra sat between his parents too as his grandparents took their seat. "Everypony and creature present, I would like to introduce you to my parents: Midknight Ruby and Sapphire Gemstone. Whom I have not seen for over a thousand years." Sombra told them as they all greeted in their own ways.

"I am Twilight Sparkle. Good to see you again!"

"Hi, I'm Spike. Twilight's number one assistant!"

"My name is Pinkie Pie, the party pony!" she yelled bouncing on her seat.

"Howdy! I'm Applejack. Nice to meet you!" she lifted her hat as she greeted then she put it back on her head.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the most awesome flyer around!" with that she flew around the whole room before going back to her seat.

"My name is Rarity, and I like your Cutie Marks. Dazzling!" she complimented her eyes sparkling at the sight of the Cutie Marks.

"My name is Fluttershy.... and I love animals...." she whispered.

"My name is Flash Sentry, the Royal Guard and Twilight's boyfriend." he said before the two winked at each other.

"You can call me Easter.... Fluttershy's boyfriend...." he said sheepishly.

"I'm Discord, the Spirit of Chaos. Don't MESS WITH ME!" he yelled making a scary face, then he laughed, "I'm just kidding!"

"I am Shining Armor."

"And I'm Princess Cadance and this is our son, Alexandrite. We're from the Crystal Empire."

"Nice to meet you." Shining added.

"My name is Isle, the Island Princess. I'm Celestia's and Luna's cousin. Anypony is welcomed to Luau Tiki Island."

"My name is Saphira and this is Tirek. I'm helping him reform." Tirek grunted and crossed his arms after Saphira said that.

"And I am Princess Celestia. I'm very happy to finally meet you. Sombra told us all about you while he was living with us before his corruption."

The couple was astonished. "All.... all this is for us?" Midknight asked.

"A royal feast?" Sapphire asked next.

"Anything for you, mother and father." Sombra replied. During dinner they all got acquainted.
In a dark cave

That black stallion made his deep into the cave where two yellow eyes gleamed. The stallion approached the two eyes, "Sir, you're not going to believe what I just found out!"

He explained everything. "What?!" the creature yelled, echoing through the cave.

"Yes, the one known as Twilight Sparkle keeps a time machine. King Sombra has used it to save his parents."

"The possibilities of using the Time Machine, just imagine.... but we can't use it just yet. First we have to make myself strong...." the creature said before laughing, "You've done well...."

The stallion bowed, "You honor me, sir. How else may I be of service?"
Back at the castle

"That was the most decent dinner I’ve had in a long time.” Midknight said stretching returning to his room with his wife.

“I know. Who would’ve thought our son would become such a great king, have an alicorn wife, and a son? Not to mention he's trying to help reform Lord Tirek.”

“Midknight and Sapphire!” Twilight called running up to them.

“I was so fascinated by your story of the Old Village that I forgot! I made contact with the descendants of the Old Village citizens today.”

“You did?!” they both asked.

“Yes, and I explained everything to them and I arranged them to meet you at the cafe in Seleneville tomorrow morning. And they can’t wait to meet you and hear about the Old Village.”

“Thank you your majesty.” Midknight said bowing.

“Yes, thank you.” his wife said next bowing as well.

“Your welcome, and you may call me Twilight if you want.” The two nodded went back to their room and Twilight has not gone far when she ran into Tirek. “Oh, Tirek! What a surprise! How have you been doing?” but Tirek just ignored her and walked past her.

Saphira approached Twilight, “I am sorry about that. Tirek still holds this grudge against you and your friends. I’m sorry, I can’t talk him into forgiving you....”

"It’s alright, I understand. Tirek just needs more time, that’s all. I’m not mad; you’re doing a very good job helping him, Saphira.”

The centauress smiled and bowed, “Thank you your highness.” she trotted off after Tirek and wrapped her arms around his right arm making him look down at her with a grin.

The next morning in Seleneville Midknight Ruby and Sapphire Gemstone met the descendants of their old neighbors and friends who lived in the Old Village at the cafe. Some were elderly and some were young. For hours they all talked, and for hours Midknight Ruby and Sapphire Gemstone answered all their questions about what things were like a thousand years ago and what their ancestors were like. King Sombra and his parent's new friends showed them around Equestria and they eventually adjusted. King Sombra knighted his father the same way he made Tirek the colonel, and Midknight quickly became a captain. Midknight was given armor as red as a ruby and he made friends with Sombra's general, Sombra's right hoof creature Scorpan, Sir Stonehorn, and he tried to befriend Tirek, but the Centaur resisted. As for Sapphire Gemstone she found work in Seleneville. She works at a jewelry shop. Having a love and knowledge for diamonds, jewels, rubies, sapphires, or anything that valuable it suited her fine.

Before they went to bed that night, Midknight said, "You know wife, I think I'm going to like this century...."

"Me too...." they kissed and then went to sleep.