• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,091 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,091

Chapter One: Colonel Tirek

Chapter One: Colonel Tirek
Sombra's and Luna's Castle

King Sombra was looking through his Crystal Ball and saw and image of Tirek, still in his cage, still down in Tartarus. "Such a shame he's letting such potential go to waste...." he said.

Luna comes in, "Hi honey, what are you looking at?"

"Luna, my love, do you think it seems fair to give someone like Tirek a second chance?" he asked.

Her eyes opened wide with surprise, "Tirek?!"

"Yes, I believe everypony and creature who have been evil deserves a second chance at life. And if Eclipse, Discord, you, and I can change our ways, so can he."

"That statement may be true, but what if....."

Sombra interrupts her, "I have a plan that might work, but I'm going to have to ask permission from Celestia."

"Plan? What do you have in mind?"
Canterlot

Discord, Celestia, Cadance, Shining Armor, Isle, Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Scorpan, and Sombra met in a room with a round table. They were all seated and Sombra explained why he called this meeting. "Discord, Eclipse, Luna, and I were given second chances and I believe it seems fair that we all do the same for him."

"It's very nice you want to help him, but how can we make a monster like Tirek turn himself around?" Isle asked.

"I agree with Isle. And to think I let him manipulate me...." Discord said showing guilt. Celestia put a hoof on his shoulder.

"If there is one thing I've learned from Discord and Sombra, it's never too late for an immortal to change. Look how they turned out." Twilight told the others. Discord blushed and Sombra smiles at her.

"Not to mention some of us found some love." Scorpan added.

Then Sombra's horn glowed, "You just gave me an idea!"

"Can you explain what you plan to do with Tirek if you set him free?" Celestia asked suddenly.

Sombra's horn stopped glowing, "Oh yes, I plan on having him work for me as one of my knights. And I have a way of persuading him."

"How? He can't be persuaded easily, and I've tried." Scorpan told him.

"I'll give him something he cannot resist: power." everyone was shocked until Sombra explained, "I'll make it so if he attempts to use the powers for any evil purpose they'll be taken away. That way he'll have no choice but to act good. And maybe, just maybe over time he'll learn to like being good."

"Ooh, torture! I love it! It's like something I would've came up with." Discord replied.

"It sounds like a good idea to me." Scorpan said.

"By the way, what was the new idea?" Cadance asked.

"Do you have a big crystal that you don't need anymore?" Sombra asked.

"Sure, but what do you plan to do with it?"

Sombra smiled. "Why are you smiling?" Shining Armor asked.
Crystal Empire

The Crystal Guards brought in a huge blue crystal big enough to make a sculpture. Everypony and creature watched as Sombra used his laser vision and started to make a statue. Once he was done the statue looked like a female of Tirek's species. "She's gorgeous. Almost alive." Scorpan said with his jaw dropping.

"Nicely done." Discord added.

"It's beautiful Sombra, but...." before Celestia could finish Sombra's horn powered up so bright and then he fired a beam at the statue. They all watched in awe as the statue slowly began to come alive. Once the light faded, what stood in the statue's place was a beautiful centauress. Being a centauress she appeared half woman and half horse. Her hair and tail was long, soft, and dark blue as well as her lips; her skin was aqua green; her horse part was sky blue; and her hooves were dark blue. She also wore a blue strapless crop top, a blue bracelet on her left wrist, and a blue necklace. She opened her eyes showing her sapphire blue eyes and she smiled. Once she saw her creator she approached him and bowed to him.

Sombra looked down at her, "I will call you Saphira. The Centauress created from Sapphire."

"Master, what is your wish?" she asked in a beautiful voice.

"You will help the evil Centaur, Tirek, reform in any way you can." Sombra said as she smiled when she heard the word 'Centaur'. "Until I'm finished with the necessary preparations, you will be staying with Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor." he ordered.

Saphira got up and approached the two and bowed down to them, "I am yours to command Prince and Princess of the Crystal Empire until King Sombra is ready." she said.

Cadance smiled, "Since you are new here, feel free to look around. If we need you we'll call for you. Guard!" she called and a Crystal Guard came in.

"Your majesty?" he spotted the Centauress, "Whoa...." he eyes opened and his jaw dropped.

"Please let the others know that Saphira is here and she'll be staying here for a while."

After recovering he saluted, "Yes, ma'am."

Saphira bowed again to Cadance, "Thank you Princess Cadance. Can I look around now?"

Cadance nodded "Yes, you may."

Saphira smiled and left the room. Twilight approached Sombra, "A bringing statues to life spell?" she asked.

"Yes, once they are brought to life they are forever loyal to the one who gave them their lives. It's rare for them to turn against their creators." then Sombra's horn glowed again and a really big book appeared in front of Twilight. "Read every page and you'll learn how to bring sculptures to life. They will obey you willingly, but whatever you do...."

"Do not abuse the power." Twilight beat him to it.

"Exactly. And you may keep the book if you like."

Twilight's smile widened and she gasps, "Wow, thanks Sombra!" she started going through the pages, "Incredible! The user of this magic can even give them the ability to think for themselves."

Saphira walked down the hallways and then out of the castle passing the guards and other Crystal Ponies. One of the stallions even did the wolf whistle.

Others said, "She's hot...."

"So cute...."

"Beautiful!"

"Gorgeous...."

"Fair lady...."

Suddenly children came and crowded around her with curious eyes. Saphira smiled, "Fillies and colts...." she whispered and she got down on her knees.

"Who are you?" one of them asked.

"My name is Saphira."

"Saphira? That's a pretty name. But not as pretty as you." another kid said.

Saphira chuckled, "Thank you."

"What are you?" another asked.

"I'm a centauress."

"What's a centauress?"

"SHE'S a centauress!" another kid told the one who asked making Saphira giggle.

"Would you like to play with us?" another asked giving her cute eyes.

Saphira smiled, "Of course I will."
Tartarus

Sombra, after speaking with Cerberus, came to Tirek's cage. Tirek saw Sombra and turned away, "Get lost!"

"I just want to talk to you, Lord Tirek. I have a proposition for you."

"I'm listening...."

"Tirek, I'm serious. This is your only chance of freedom, if you're interested." after saying freedom Tirek turned and faced Sombra looking eager. "I'll set you free if you agree to work for me in my kingdom as one of the Royal Guards." Tirek looked disappointed, "If you agree I can give you power and a little bit of authority over my Kingdom."

"What?"

"Yes, I'll give you some of my magic, but you're going to have to work to make it stronger. And I'll make you my Colonel."

"Why are you willing to help me?" Tirek asked.

"I see in you that you have a great potential, and I think you should put it into good use."

"Potential? Wait, are you trying to reform me?"

"Precisely. And I won't force you into it, but I do want you to think it over." Sombra hands him a ruby diamond, "Once you've made up your mind rub this ruby and I'll set you free." Sombra turns into a blue shadow and leaves.

For hours Tirek sat there thinking of the offer Sombra has given him. "I do want my freedom, but I don't want to serve anyone or anything. Then again, I do want this power and this authority." he smirked at the last parts. He rubbed the ruby and Sombra appeared.

"Have you made up your mind?" he asked.

"Yes, your highness. I will work for you only because I want to be free and want this power you offered me."

Sombra smiled, "Good enough for me...." Sombra's horn glowed and a blue sword appeared. Sombra sliced the cage a few times. The cage stood the way it was until it fell apart and the top landed on Tirek's head. "Sorry about that."

Tirek paid no attention and he stretched out his arms, "YES! I'm free! Now, should we get going?"

"Of course." then they turned into blue shadows and left Tartarus.
Sombra's and Luna's Castle

Sombra and Luna sat on their thrones with Umbra sitting next to his mother. Celestia, Isle, Cadance, Shining Armor, Discord, and The Mane Six stood close to them and waited. Sombra's and Luna's knights formed two lines and held out their spears in front of them. Tirek enters and walks between the two lines until he reaches the King, Queen, and the Prince. One of the knights gave him an open scroll and pen. "Sign the contract if you agree to follow every order given to you and you'll except any rule told to you." Sombra ordered. Tirek signs his name and hands it back to the knight. "Good, now you shall get your power...." with that Sombra's horn powered up and he fired a beam at Tirek's chest. Everypony watched as Tirek began to grow until he was as big as Celestia and was very muscular.

"YES!"

"Oh, and there's one more thing I forgot to mention Tirek." Sombra said getting Tirek's attention. "I'm lending you this magic as a test."

"A test?"

"Yes, and if you use your new powers for double cross or for any evil purpose they will return to me automatically and your power to absorb others magic will be gone as well, leaving you completely powerless. Do you still wish to accept?" Tirek grunted in dismay and nodded, "You still get to be my Colonel, and your title will be Colonel instead of Lord. Understood?" Tirek thought for a moment and nodded a yes. "Good..." Sombra raised his arm and some of the knights carrying black and gold armor bigger than themselves walked up to Tirek. They put armor on his four shins, gauntlets on his forearms, a breastplate with pauldrons, some armor on his horse back, and a helmet that shows his face and fits around the horns. Once the helmet was on it looked like a viking helmet because of the horns. Tirek got down on his knees again and Sombra raised his blue sword and put the end on the centaur's shoulder, "As King of Seleneville, I hereby declare you Colonel Tirek!" All the other knights cheered as Tirek stood up. "You will do what you can to protect others from harm." Sombra ordered. Two knights came with a really big gold and black sword in it's black and gold scabbard and presented it to Tirek who took it from them and left.

"He looks good in armor." Discord told Sombra. Then the doors opened.

Eclipse and Scorpan came in holding arms. "Sorry I'm late your highness. I wanted to invite Eclipse over, if it's okay."

"Of course, Eclipse is welcomed here anytime. By the way I already made Tirek the Colonel." Umbra jumped off his mother's seat and hugged his foalsitter. Scorpan looked over and saw Tirek talking with some other knights.

Happy to see him, Scorpan spread out his wings flew over to his brother. "Tirek! How's my favorite brother?"

Tirek looked at his brother with anger in his eyes. "You...." he drew his sword, "SCORPAN!!!" he started towards him but Discord stopped him.

"Uh! Uh! Uh! Remember what Sombra said?"

Tirek growled and put away his sword, "Get out of sight, brother...." Tirek turned away and crossed his arms.

"Hey now, that's no way to treat your little brother." Discord said floating in front of him dressed like a granny.

"Get out of my way, Discord."

"Wait, I just thought of two words that might solve the problem between you and Scorpan: Brothers Counseling." then Discord dressed like a psychologist with a notebook and pencil. Tirek pushed Discord aside and walked away.

Eclipse walked up to Scorpan and put her front hooves on his shoulders, "He just needs time to adjust. He'll come around, I know he can." she said.

"I sure hope you're right. I still haven't forgiven myself for letting him get punished." Scorpan replied.

"You did the right thing telling us." Celestia said approaching them.

"I know, but he's still my brother."

"We just need to give him some time." Luna said.

"A brother can't hate his brother forever." Twilight assured Scorpan.

"That's right. Even though there are those that don't show it often, all siblings love each other." Shining said as he and Twilight hugged each other.

Tirek walked down the road through Seleneville looking around him unamused. Ponies moving in, children playing, adults going about their lives. "Is that the new Colonel?" a child asked his mother.

"Yes, honey."

The child's eyes opened wide, "Cool!"

He went to a clear spot outside of Seleneville and drew his sword. He focused his magic through the blade and purple aura surrounded the blade. He sliced at two nearby boulder and it cut them both in two unaware of a small audience watching him. "Whoa...." one of them said. Tirek picked up a piece and looked down at it. Then he held it tight and crushed it.

"He's strong...." another pony said.

With Tirek's magic he lifted the big pieces of the boulders in the air then let them go. Tirek, moving swiftly, sliced here and there cutting all the pieces into rubble. "Good reflexes too...."

A child then ran up to Tirek and then tripped, "Ow!"

Surprised Tirek turned around fast and got his sword ready, "Hey!", he looks around him, looks down and see's a colt at his hooves smiling sheepishly at the centaur. "Oh, just a kid. What do you want?"

"Oh.... uh.... nothing we were just watching you and..... I hope you don't mind and....."

"I do mind. Leave me be this instant." he said scornfully. He see's the others kids, mare's and stallions watching.

One of the mares approached him, "What's the matter? Aren't you happy that you're free?" she asked.

"King Sombra has released me, and for that I'm grateful. And no I am not happy serving him!"

"There's no need to be upset. Just look at the bright side: you don't have to be cooped up in a cage and you don't have to be lonely anymore." a stallion said.

"Whoever said I was lonely?" Tirek asked angrily. "Now get lost before I lose my temper and do something you'll never forget." he said his eyes glowing and his voice sounding intimidating. With that they left Tirek alone with his training.

"Why is he so mean?" the colt asked his mother.

"He's been evil for so long and he's learning to be good. I don't think he likes it, but he'll come around eventually.", she told him.

After training for a while he sat under an apple tree in the shade and elbowed it. He held out his hand and he caught an apple. With his magic he spun the apple on his finger and peeled the skin off. He tossed the skin aside and ate the apple. He looked over and saw some children playing nearby.

Discord arrives and looks at the piles of rubble, "Hi Tirek! Nice mess."

"What do you want?"

"Some ponies told me you were in a bad mood so I'd thought I come check on you. Tell me, why are you in a bad mood?"

"It's none of your business...."

"Hey, it's fine by me. If you want to play Sir Grumpy Pants I'll just kick back, relax, and won't disturb you." Discord made a hammock appear between two trees and he laid down, "Ahhh. Nope! Not gonna to say a word...."

"What are you up too?" Tirek demanded.

"Nothin'. I was just wondering: I know you and I got off on the wrong hoof, but I'm willing to put that behind me. What about you?" Discord teleported in front of Tirek, "What do you say? You wanna be friends?"

Tirek remained silent for a moment and said, "No!" then he got up and left.

"Okay then!" he teleported again and appeared beside Tirek flying, "But I have to tell you, you can learn a lot from friendship! I know I have." Discord was starting to get on Tirek's nerves. "By the way, have you seen anypony or creature beautiful lately?"

"No, and I'm not interested."

"Not even her?" Discord pointed into another direction and Tirek looked. There was Saphira straightening her hair with one hand, then gave a pose and smiled at Tirek.

"Whoa...." Tirek said with his eyes wide.

Saphira came up to them, "Tirek, I presume?" she asked.

"Oh..... yes, yes I am." Tirek stuttered.

"My name is Saphira, and I have to say you're definitely the Centaur of my dreams...."

"Hey, control yourself." Discord told her. "Sombra has assigned Saphira to help you reform, if it's not a problem to you."

"No. I don't think so...." Tirek replied staring at the female of his species.

"Well then, I'll just leave the two of you to get acquainted." with that Discord teleported.

Tirek smirked, Every ruler needs someone pretty by his side.... he thought. Tirek held out his arm, "Shall we?" Saphira wrapped both her arms around it and they walked together.

They walked around for a while, then Saphira said, "I have heard many things about you, my lord. I pity you, I really do."

"Why would you pity me?" Tirek asked out of curiosity. "No one or nothing has ever pitied me before."

"Because I understand how you feel. But the one thing I don't understand is why would you want to rule the world? What would you do if you succeeded? Make history? Rule with an iron fist and make everything evil? Or would you be a good king and make things better if it were possible?" those questions caught Tirek off guard.

He thought for a moment and said, "What would I do? Thinking about it now, I'm not to sure....."

"I was afraid of that."

"Why?"

"You've become far to power hungry and you let your greed get the better of you. Because of that you were blind and you never thought what would happen if you became King. Actions can lead to something, and maybe dire consequences depending on what your actions are. And because of your actions centuries ago you were trapped in Tartarus and you would've spent many more centuries if Sombra hasn't given you the chance to take responsibility for what you have done. Greed turns it's victims to monsters, my lord."

I have to admit, she's smart too.... Tirek thought.

"Has anyone ever loved you?" Saphira asked suddenly.

Tirek thought for a moment again and said, "No, not even my family...."

"Oh, that's too bad....." Saphira said sadly. "Wait! What about your brother?"

"Yeah, but that was a long time ago...."

"Are you saying he doesn't love you anymore?"

"Yes. Why else would he betray me and give up his quest to rule?!" he raised his voice as he asked.

"Scorpan did what he did because he realized the error of his ways and he didn't want to see you become a monster, or maybe worse, not because he betrayed you. He still loves you because you're family, and nothing can change that. Even after you went down into Tartarus he never gave up on you."

"He, Scorpan, never gave up on me?" Tirek asked in a bewildered tone of voice.

"Yes. Day and night he wished that you would understand. Day and night he wished you were never sent to Tartarus. Day and night he wished that he never told the Royal Sisters. And finally, after all this time, you are free. And Eclipse said she's never seen a pony, or any creature for that matter, as happy as Scorpan when Sombra released you and gave you this chance. And because the way you are you'll never see any of these things, not even brotherly love."

Tirek now began to think about how he treated Scorpan when they saw each other again and how he talked about Scorpan when he betrayed Discord. "I.... guess I owe him an apology....." he said.

Saphira smiled, "Will you forgive him as well?"

"I truely can't say...."

They looked over and saw children and some adults playing. "Aren't they adorable?" Saphira asked tightening her grip on Tirek's arm. Tirek said nothing then his eyes glowed. Through his eyes he saw some of the ponies were changelings in disguise. "What's wrong?"

Tirek drew his sword, "Changelings!" he took off in full speed towards the ponies. Tirek's eyes and sword fired beams at one of the ponies who screamed in pain and revealed his identity: a changeling. Tirek did the same thing with the other impostors. Some of the kids and adults were so scared or shocked that they didn't move. A mare then realized something, "Where are the other children and our friends?! Where is my son?!" she groaned and fainted. Soon they all started to get worried, "Calm down!" Tirek ordered and they stood there looking at Tirek. He looked back at a changeling who tried to flee with the others but Tirek caught him by the tail. Tirek held the intimidated changeling face to face. "What's the meaning of this?!" he demanded.

"Mommy...." the creature whimpered.

"TALK!!!" Tirek bellowed tightening his grip.

"We.... we were just having fun, sire....."

"Where are the missing ones?" Tirek asked.

"Oh.... I..... don't know.... ran off maybe...." the changeling said trying to look innocent.

Tirek growled, "No games! Tell me our I'll...." Tirek began draining the changelings powers!

"NOOO!!!! Not my powers!!!!"

"THEN TALK!!!!" Tirek roared scaring the changeling and the ones watching, even Saphira.

"Okay, I'll tell you! The real ponies are being kept in a cave, but you're going to have to dig around to find them. That's all I know! Please let me go!"

Tirek, looking satisfied, tossed the changeling far away. "You must go back home. I'll find the missing ones." he told the others. "Saphira, you make sure they get home safely and report to King Sombra and Queen Luna about this."

Saphira smiled at him, "Yes, my lord...." Tirek ran off. Saphira looked back, happy for him.

Tirek searched and eventually came to a dark cave. We walked in and used his eyes as a flashlight. "Now where would these Changelings keep their prisoners?" he asked himself looking around.

He searched high and low and was about to head out and find another cave when he heard the sound of crying. And somepony yelling, "HELP!!!"

"They're in here after all...." Tirek said with a smirk. He followed the voices and came to a wall. He put an ear to it and he heard the voices. "I'll get you out!" he yelled. He punched the stone wall with both his fists until the wall crumbled. He looked in and found the missing ones. "You're all safe now...." the kids that were abducted ran over to the centaur and hugged his front legs crying.

"It was so scary! We thought we trapped forever and....." one of them cried.

"It's over now.", Tirek said looking disgusted. He let the kids get on his horse back, "Follow me!" he ordered the others.

They reached the entrance and the kids jumped off. "Thank you so much!"

"Thank you, my lord!"

"Thank you!" the kids and the adults thanked him and were about to leave.

"STOP!" he ordered getting their attention. "I don't know if there are more changelings waiting to ambush us. You must stay with me until we get back to Seleneville." They all agreed and stood beside Tirek. Some of the children stayed under Tirek along the way.

"I feel so much safe around you!" a filly told him.

Tirek looked at the grateful ponies and thought, These creatures are respecting me?

"If you haven't came we would be trapped forever!" one of the adults yelled, "You're our hero!"

Did that pony say 'Hero'? Me?, he thought again. "I'm just doing my duty...." he said.

"So humble!" a mare said.

They were almost to the entrance when the families found each other.

"Thank you Colonel! Thank you!" the mother who fainted sobbed while hugging her son.

Saphira ran up to Tirek, "Tirek! You've done it! You saved them!" Tirek, denying it, crossed his arms.

"Have you told King Sombra and Queen Luna?" he asked.

"Yes, my lord! He and his Royal Guards will stand watch the rest of the day and all night if they have too. By the way, King Sombra wishes to see you. He's in the Throne Room right now."

Sombra's and Luna's Throne Room

Tirek approached them and got on his knees, "You summoned me?" Tirek asked.

Sombra smiled, "Yes. We would like to tell you how proud we are for the first good deed you've done today."

"Because of what you did, there may be hope for you...." Luna added.

"You honor me, your majesties." Tirek replied.

"Can you tell us why to did what you did?" Sombra asked.

Tirek hesitated for a moment and said, "I don't want to be imprisoned again."

"You felt the need to it because you feared you might lose your new powers?" Luna asked.

"That too, and I felt like it was my duty. And for some reason I felt like it."

Luna smiled, "You did the right thing. Not only you saved them, but you took your first step in redeeming yourself. And you stopped the Changelings from entering Seleneville."

"Who knows what might have happened if you didn't? You've done well, Colonel Tirek." Sombra congratulated.

"Thank you your majesties.... how else may I be of service?"

"Continue doing what you are doing until sunset." Sombra ordered.

"I will do as you say." Tirek said before leaving.

Luna and Sombra looked at each other happily, "Your plan is working, dear. Did you know about the changelings coming?" Luna asked.

"No, and I never thought they would try to cause trouble again after that last incident. What can they be up too?"

Tirek was walking down a hallway and thought, Why am I feeling like this? Is it because of my new friendship with Saphira? No, that can't be it! Maybe it was just our talk. Yes, that's it! But, do I have to apologize to my brother? Then he shook his head. No, not yet! But, I'll be ready in time. Friendship? What exactly is friendship?

Saphira then appeared and held Tirek's arm. "Where'd you come from?" Tirek asked surprised.

"I've been around. So, how'd it go?"

"It actually went better than I hoped, somehow...."

"I'm happy for you, my lord! You've made a new friend: me! And you did really good today!"

"You think of me as a friend?" Tirek asked.

"Of course! I mean if you want me too."

"Yes. Maybe having a friend or two isn't as bad as it seems...."

"That's very positive! And, forgive my eavesdropping, was there another reason you did what you did?"

Tirek grunted, "If you promise not to reveal it to anyone, especially the King and Queen, I'll tell you."

"You're secret's safe with me." she promised.

Tirek took a deep breath and said, "I somehow felt the need to do it because of you...." Saphira was surprised, "After we got to know each other today I felt like you understood me, you treated me differently than the others, and you've taught me a few things today. And not only I would've lost my powers if I didn't do good, but I might have lost the only friend I have ever had...."

Saphira gasped, "Oh Tirek! You're starting to believe friendship is more important than power and you were thinking of others not just yourself." she said hugging him.

"You better not tell anyone, even King Sombra and Queen Luna."

"The cat has my tongue!" Saphira said with a giggle.

Tirek didn't laugh, "Saphira, I mean it...."

"You need to work on your sense of humor while you're being reformed, too." Saphira replied.

"Saphira...."

Little did they know Discord was hiding on the ceiling and he heard every word. "Kind of like how I learned...." Discord said to himself. He smiled and teleported.
Canterlot

Discord appeared before Celestia and explained what happened that day. "He mostly did it for Saphira and not for himself." he said.

Celestia smiled, "I can sense something different inside Tirek. There may be hope for him yet. Thank you for informing me, Discord." she hugged him. "We must inform the others. By the way, were you eavesdropping again?"

"Well, yeah. Just a little bit. Tirek wouldn't reveal such things to anyone, except for Saphira; I had to find out somehow."

Celestia thought for a moment and said, "Then, we must let Tirek decide if he wants to tell any of us."

Discord thought about this and he agreed, "Much like sending you a letter, huh?"

"Yes. And if Sombra's plan works, and if Tirek reforms on his own accord, this may be the beginning of a something really good. Discord, I want you to check on him every now and then but no eavesdropping."

"Yes ma'am!" Discord saluted with his paw and crossed two fingers behind his back.
Seleneville

Tirek was done with his duties for the day and was sitting down on a blanket set on the ground outside the entrance with Saphira looking at each other. Saphira's eyes, hair, and coat seemed to sparkle under the moonlight. Some ponies and Discord stood by the entrance and looked at those two. "Awe, can you feel the love?" Discord asked.

"What did that monster do to get someone as beautiful as her?" a stallion asked, looking jealous.

"Come now, everypony has given me and Sombra a chance and it's only fair to do the same to him." Discord told him.

"Maybe you're right. After all, he saved my brother's kid and fought off those Changelings." he replied.

"What are you looking at?" Sombra asked.

"Oh, your highness!" a mare said surprised.

"We were just watching Tirek and Saphira. Look!" Discord told him pointing at the two.

"Those two actually look good together. But we shouldn't eavesdrop on them so I suggest we leave them alone." Sombra said before he looked at the two again, "Even though Tirek won't admit it, I can sense he's slowly coming around and won't go back on his word anytime soon."

"Are you sure about that, sire?" the mare asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. He's done a really good deed today and one action or two may lead to another." Sombra replied.

"Good point. Once he does good he probably won't want to stop. Good night sire." the stallion said before walking home.

"I better head home too. I don't want my wife to think I'm seeing another lady." another stallion said before running. After saying good night the others left.

"Discord?"

"Yes buddy?"

"You wouldn't mind helping us stand guard overnight, would you?"

"No, of course not. This will be fun!" Discord dressed in silver knight armor and saluted.

"Tirek! Saphira!" Sombra called.

They both approached the King and bowed, "Yes your highness?"

"If it's no problem, I would like you to use your vision to make sure no Changelings are coming. Stay up all night if you have too. And Saphira, help him in any way you can." Sombra ordered.

"Yes King Sombra." they both said together.

"I'll stand watch overnight too."

"Wait! Why don't we just put up a barrier?" Discord asked.

"Because Changelings are shapeshifters and we don't know if there are others outside of Seleneville after dark or if they're in disguise." Sombra explained.

"Oh, good point old boy."

"And unless they change their ways, they are not to be let into Seleneville. Understood?"

"Yes sir!"

Umbra runs toward Sombra, "Hey dad!"

"What are you doing up?" Sombra asked.

"Mom just left and I was wondering where you were."

"Your old stallion is going to be up all night watching over the kingdom because of the trouble the Changelings caused today."

"Can I stay up all night with you?"

"No, son. Changelings are very dangerous."

"Awe, man!"

"Maybe when you're older you may. Saphira, please escort Umbra back to the castle and put him to bed."

"Yes your highness. Come on, dear." together the two walked back to the castle.

"You're doing very well for a first time parent." Discord said to Sombra.

Saphira put Umbra into bed and pulled the covers up. "Saphira?"

"Yes Prince Umbra?"

"Please, call me Umbra."

"Okay. Is something on your mind, Umbra?"

"Dad said that he created you. Does that make you my sister?"

Saphira thought about it for a moment and said, "Since your father created me. I guess, in a way, I am your sister."

"I was born first, so am I your big brother?"

Saphira chuckled, "The crystal King Sombra used to create me was really old, so I might be your big sister." she happily said.

"Do you think of me as your brother?" Umbra asked.

Saphira smiled, "Yes, I do. And I'll be happy to be your sister." Umbra jumped up and the two embraced. Saphira kissed his head and tucked him in, "Good night little brother."

"Good night big sister."

Author's Note:

Saphira's name is pronounced suh-feer-uh.