• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 1,106 Views, 3 Comments

Tirek's Last Chance - DrewCarriker6231993



King Sombra has given Lord Tirek a chance to be good and made him Colonel. Will Tirek learn the meaning of friendship, family, and love?

  • ...
4
 3
 1,106

Chapter Twelve: Rats!

Chapter Twelve: Rats!
Carousel Boutique

Rarity and Carat Gold were in Rarity's workroom. Rarity was working on a new dress for the Canterlot Carousel while talking with Carat Gold like they were old friends. "Carat?"

"Yes, Rarity?"

"I've been thinking...."

"Yes?"

"You and your sisters have given me an idea for new dresses. Can your golden touch turn clothes to gold and can still be worn?"

"Of course!"

"Great! There, done!" Rarity just finished a pure white dress with long sleeves, collar, no jewelry. "Let it rip!" Carat touched the dress with her horn and it turned to a beautiful sparkly gold dress. Rarity's eyes sparkled at the sight of it. "Dazzling!"

"Very dazzling! I outdid myself." Carat replied.

"Say, how would you like to work with me here and at the Canterlot Carousel?" Rarity offered.

Carat's eyes opened wide, "No kidding?!"

"No kidding!" Carat, full of excitement, hugged Rarity who hugged her back. After they let go they got back to work. "Maybe we can add a little silver and bronze to the dress...."
Lunar Eclipse Daycare

Silver Belle has just put a silver bell with a black handle in front of the door and hid with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie who tried to keep straight faces. When Eclipse came out she saw the bell. "Oh, a pretty bell. What a pleasant surprise!" she picked it up with her mouth. "I can use this for...." than she moved like she was being electrocuted, "AHHHHH!" she threw the to the side as Belle, Rainbow, and Pinkie jumped out laughing.

"You should've seen yourself!" Pinkie yelled.

"You fell for the shock bell prank!" Rainbow yelled. Eclipse gave a look like she was annoyed at first but she was amused since it was just a practical joke.

Eclipse smiles and notices Silver Belle, "Hello, I'm Eclipse. Who are you?"

Belle stops laughing and tries to keep a straight face, "I'm Silver Belle!" then she starts laughing again, "I'm sorry! I just can't get over your reaction."

"Are you new here?" Eclipse asked.

"Yeah, my family and I recently moved to Seleneville. Dad got a job as a blacksmith and is still in Seleneville as far as I know. My sisters and I came to Ponyville to check it out and I got to tell you this place is great and I made new friends!" Belle jumped up and down at the last part.

Eclipse looks over at the two laughing mares, "Hi Pinkie! Hi Rainbow!"

Pinkie bounced over to Eclipse, "Hi Eclipse!"

Rainbow flew over to her, "How's it going?"

"Been doing great! You three are hanging out?" Eclipse asked.

"Rightaroonie!" Silver and Pinkie said together before laughing.

Eclipse looks over at the bell and smirked, "Can I use it on my boyfriend?"

"Of course! And you can keep it I can make another one." Belle replied.

"Why, thank you Silver Bell." Eclipse picked it up with her magic and sees the kids making noise in the daycare. "I have to go take care of the kids. Thanks for the bell!"

"Alright, seeya!" Rainbow said before the black alicorn walked back into the daycare with the bell.

"She's a nice alicorn, but she kinda gives me the creeps." Belle admitted.

"I thought the same thing more than once." Rainbow replied.

"But, you'll get used to her! I know I have!" Pinkie added. "Who are we going to prank next?" the three mares looked around and saw Applejack pulling a wagon full of apples. They looked at each other and smirked.
CMC's and CMS's Clubhouse

The CMC, CMS, Umbra, and Aziza were in the Clubhouse. Sweetie Belle was in front with Bronze Medal. "Umbra, Aziza, Rapper Mouth and Polkey Dots, I would like you to meet the newest member of the Cutie Mark Supporters: Bronze Medal."

The two trotted up to them. Polkey was wearing his clown costume again and when Bronze saw her she screamed and jumped to the ceiling. "What's with her? To much coffee or something?" he asked.

"Um, I think she's afraid of clowns." Scootaloo replied.

"Oh, be right back!" he left the clubhouse and came back without his costume and makeup. "How's this?"

Bronze took a look at him, lost her grip and fell. Umbra caught her, "Hello, I'm Umbra of Seleneville." he sat her down.

"Hi, I'm Aziza of Pyramidville." Aziza greeted.

"And I'm Rapper Mouth, no need to be shy. We're all friends here and that's no lie!" he rapped.

"And I'm Polkey Dots, the juggler. Sorry for scaring you."

Bronze turned her head shyly, "Um.... my name is Bronze Medal.... thank you for being my friends...."

"Don't mention it!" Scootaloo replied.

"Um.... did you say Supporters help the Crusaders find their cutie marks?" Bronze asked.

"Exactamundo!" Polkey said.

Bronze blushed, "Oh.... how do we do that?"

"In anyway, I say!" Rapper rapped again.

"You want to get started?" Apple Bloom asked Bronze who nodded a yes. Apple Bloom held out her hoof, "C'mon yal!"

They put their hooves together with Bronze putting her hoof on last. "Altogether!" Sweetie yelled.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders and Cutie Mark Supporters to Ponyville!" with that they left the clubhouse.
Magmata's Cell

King Sombra was sitting in front of Magmata who looked so mad. Magmata tried to breath fire but all that came out of his mouth was smoke. "Give it up, old friend. Tirek has drained your powers and you'll have to start from scratch." Sombra said.

"Hmph! It's bad enough that you have turned against me, locked me up like an animal. And now you have what you call friends and you have forgiven those who rejected you?"

"I told you before: it was a long time ago and they have moved on even I have moved on. Those who I ever hurt have forgiven me and I have forgiven them and you should do the same."

"We could have made them pay and taken the world for ourselves!" Magmata yelled.

"None of that matters anymore!" Sombra yelled back. They were both quiet for a minute.

"None of it matters?" Magmata asked in a bewildered tone of voice. "None of it matters? But what about the times we've had together? Does that matter? What about our plans? Does that matter? And what about me? You're.... you're like my best friend.... don't I matter?"

Sombra sighed, "I'm sorry, Magmata. And yes I still consider you as my friend and friends forgive each other and never give up on each other. I have learned the hard way that what we were doing was wrong and the Royal Sisters were right to seal me away in the ice. Aqua Marina was also right to seal you under the sea. Let me tell you something: When I awakened I was blinded by the darkness that consumed me and power was all I desired. When I was corrupted I have forgotten the ones I have loved, and I was defeated by the Crystal Heart and by the love, light, and friendship the ponies had in them. When I came back my eyes were finally opened and I was given a chance to redeem myself. And I succeeded."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm saying that now that you are back and the darkness that corrupted you is gone you now have the chance to put your skills to good use and redeem yourself. It's your decision, old friend. Either go out there and do your best to be good, or stay here going about the hostile takeover, destruction of the planet nonsense and be alone."

"Sombra.... you are an idiot...." Magmata said slowly.

"What was that?"

"Oh nothing! It's too late for me to change anyway...."

Sombra turned to blue shadow form, "You're the fool if think you cannot change!" he roared before turning back to normal. "You are immortal, Magmata and in an immortal's case it is never too late to change."

"What about the mortals? Hm?"

"Yes, mortals have time on earth as well...." Sombra's horn glowed and a portal showing the outside world appeared. "Look, what do you see?"

Magmata looked and saw many ponies happy, making up after arguments or hard times, and others that are hurt, going through hard times. Magmata than noticed a stallion who has returned from rough day at work and his kids and wife embracing him. A colt being bullied and later making friends with a filly who stuck up for him. "I see many ponies struggling through hardships, and yet many of them look happy later."

"Do you know why, Magmata?" Sombra asked.

"No...."

"Because many of them have love and friends. Many of them experience happiness despite their hardships. Many of them try to make the best of it. And yes it is true that there are creatures and ponies who choose to be evil for their own reasons, but...." then the portal showed a mean looking stallion, "Take this stallion for example. He was once a robber who knew little or nothing about friendship and was very miserly. While he was going through his hometown disguised he ended up helping a mare who was being mugged. He had no intention of making friends with her, but she invited him over to her house. You can say one thing led to another and the two started dating. The more time he spent with her the better he felt and he eventually felt remorse because he realized that friendship and love is more important than money. He loved her so much that he couldn't keep secrets from her. And when he did he turned himself in and that mare supported him. And when he got out they got married and had kids. He has raised the kids well, I might add and made them better than he ever was. After that he had fully redeemed himself." Sombra turned the portal off, "Friendship and love is more important than money, greed, and power and are the greatest things that can ever happen to anyone. But because the way you are you'll never experience these things and you'll forever be alone. And while they have the time on earth, they have to live life to the fullest."

"I don't even know anything about friendship or this love...." Magmata replied.

"I know, and I plan to teach you once you served your sentence here. If you have good behavior, I'll shorten your sentence."

Magmata grunted, "Very well.... but if this friendship and love don't work out, you'll be sorry...."

"Good choice, and you have to promise to really try...."

"Fine! How long am I going to be here, anyway?"

Sombra scratched his chin for a moment and said, "You have one month to go.... if you'll excuse me...." Sombra leaves the dungeon and is greeted by Luna who nuzzled against him. Magmata watched the two and sighs.
In a cave miles away....

The black stallion came to the evil being and bowed, "Sir, I have found the rat...."

"Excellent! Send him in...." the evil voice ordered. Then a creature appearing to be half rat and half human came into the room. His fur was black, his paws and tail were pink, his eyes were red, and he had a white lightning bolt mark on his chest. The end of his tail was crooked as well.

"You have summoned me?" he asked.

"Yes, Sparky Rattail. I have plans for you, vermin...." the evil voice replied.

"What do you want?" the rat snapped.

"I have an important job for you....."

"A job? Ever since I've lost my job as an actor no one has ever given me a job or have cared about me!" Sparky replied.

"You have a job, now...." the evil voice said.

"What do you want me to do?" Sparky asked. "Well, come on! I haven't got all night."

The evil being made a portal and the rodent looked into it. He saw Carat Gold helping Rarity and he gasped when he saw her use her Golden Touch. "This is Carat Gold, the mare gifted with the magic called the Golden Touch. As you just saw she can turn anyone or anything to solid gold. I want you to kidnap her and have her use her ability for you...."

"Wait, your letting me have her?" Sparky asked in a bewildered tone of voice.

"Yes, and with that much gold you may become rich and you won't have to wander around in the sewers, stealing to survive, and live the way you desire to live...."

"Hey, wait a minute! Why do you want me to kidnap her anyway?"

"I am only helping you, rodent and I like the greed in you...." then the evil beings eyes glowed yellow.

"Well, I really do appreciate you helping me and I want to be rich again so I'll do it...." Sparky decided.

"Excellent!" then what appeared to be iron gloves appeared in front of Sparky. "These will protect you from Carat Gold's magic and she and her sisters won't give you any trouble I promise you that but beware, vermin, she is friends with Princess Twilight Sparkle and King Sombra so I suggest you proceed with care and bring your rat army to assist you...."

The rat cackled, "I owe you big for this!" then he and the evil being laughed wickedly.
Later that night in Seleneville

Everypony was asleep, even the three sisters and their father. A lid that led to the sewers opened up and rats in huge numbers came out. Sparky came out last. "Alright, my rat army! Spread out and steal whatever booty you can find but remember the mare called Carat Gold is mine!" with that the rats ran in different directions and found their own ways into the houses and coming back with jewelry, coins, gems, or anything that valuable and dragged them back to the sewers. Sparky looked high and low until he came to a workshop. Then a rat came up to him and squeaked wildly. Sparky smirked, "Thank you, my smelly friend...."

He climbed to the roof and found a window left wide open. He carefully snuck in and found Silver Belle asleep in her bed. He crawled on all four and opened her bedroom door and got out. He looked and came to a room that had it's door opened. He crawled in and found Bronze Medal fast asleep. He was about to leave the room when Bronze woke up! Sparky ducked down so she would see him. Bronze sniffed the air, "What's that smell?" Sparky sniffed himself and shrugged his shoulders. Bronze opened a window and let the air in. Bronze laid there and dozed off. Sparky sighed in relief and walked out the room. Then Bronze woke up again.

Sparky then came to the next room, Carat Gold's Room! He tried to open it but it was locked. Sparky's claw began to crackle with electricity he zapped and melted the lock. He pushed the door open and put on his gloves. "This will be a walk through the sewers...." he whispered. He looked in and his jaw dropped. In there was Carat Gold fast asleep. Her mane and coat glowed light gold and she looked so peaceful sleeping there. Just the sight of her made him walk closer. He was just about to grab her when her nose twitched and she woke up. Before she could scream Sparky covered her mouth and looked at her in the eyes. Thanks to her glowing coat and mane Carat saw who the creature and fainted. Sparky put her over his shoulder and opened her window. Before he could jump out Bronze came in and screamed making Sparky scream and jump out the window carrying Carat. Rattail landed and made a loud rat screech getting all the rats attention. "Back to the sewers!" he ordered before jumping in the hole with the rats following him.

"Daddy!" Bronze yelled getting him up.

"What is it, honey?" he asked before yawning.

"It's..... it's Carat Gold! Someone took her!"

"What?!" Smith jumped out of bed and looked into Carat's room. "NOOOOO!"
The next morning....

Carat Gold groaned and woke up. She got up fast and looked around her. She was in a room made out of concrete and bricks, and not to mention it smelled bad. "Yuck! Where am I?" then she realized she was sleeping on a disposed bed, "Ew!" she jumped off of it.

"You are in the sewers below Manehattan, that's where you are!" Sparky answers walking out of a tunnel.

"Aaaaah! An overgrown rat!" Carat yelled.

"Yes, I'm a rat alright." Sparky walked up close to her and showed his sharp teeth. Carat thought she would faint.

Then she noticed the lightning bolt mark on his chest. "Wait a minute! Aren't you Sparky Rattail?"

Sparky stood straight, "Thee one and only!"

"The actor?"

"No, the cheesehead! Of course the actor!" Sparky said sarcastically. "I was a celebrity specializing in horror movies."

"You were until, well you sort of...."

"Say it! A Pegasus took me and a unicorn to go see Cloudsdale. I was having a terrific time up there and I was recognized as a star until a prankster snuck up on me and used a thundercloud to try to scare me but she lost control and my unicorn friend tried to save me but he hit me with his magic while I was being electrocuted. It felt so bad that I lost consciousness for a few days. It gave the others quite a fright, I'll have you know and after I regained consciousness I accidentally discovered my new gift: to generate and manipulate electricity!" with that his claws surrounded themselves with electricity and then stopped. "Then I got a new role as a superhero called the Thunder Rat, but it was short lived because..... it still upsets me...." Sparky snarled.

"What happened?" Carat asked.

"I didn't have full control over my new powers and I accidentally caused such an uproar that I got fired. I lost everything: my job, my money, my reputation, my fame, and eventually my house. I had no choice but to live here, in the sewers. I steal to survive."

"Oh, I really do feel sorry for you Mr. Rattail. Really I do, but why did you abduct me?"

Sparky turned around fast and smiled an evil smile, "You have what I need to get me back to the surface: your Golden Touch! I want you to turn everything my rat army will bring you to gold."

Carat's eyes opened wide, "Really, is that all? You could have just asked instead of taking me, you know?"

"It doesn't matter! You are here now. Rats!" then many rats came in from all the holes carrying anything imaginable. "Now, get to work! And when I am satisfied I might let you go back to the surface."

Carat grunted, "Well! If you insist." the one by one rats brought up items. They brought up cheese, junk, tools, toys, you name it. And one by one Carat turned the items to gold. Carat did have a disgusted look on her face, "Rodents are adorable, don't get me wrong, but you all just stink! When was the last time you all took a bath?"

Some of the rats sniffed each other, made faces and fainted. Sparky even sniffed himself, "It doesn't stink in here; it's normal. You'll get used to it in time. Now be quiet and keep working!" he ordered.
Seleneville

Bronze told everyone present in the center of Seleneville. "My older sister was taken by a rat!"

Many of the ponies muttered to each other. "A rat?"

"Must be a big one!"

Then a mare stepped up, "That robber took my jewelry!"

"He took my skis!" Double Diamond added.

"He even stole all the cheesecakes I worked so hard on!" Sugar Belle yelled.

King Sombra walked up to them, "What's all this about?" everypony cleared the way and bowed as King Sombra walked up to the filly. "What's going on?"

Bronze bowed and stood up, "My sister has been foalnapped, sir! By a really big rat!"

"A rat?"

"Yes, sir. He was almost as big as Tirek, but not really big."

"Interesting.... I'll will order an investigation and I'll send out a search party at once."

Bronze hugged his arm, "Oh, thank you!"

"Anything for all of you. Now listen up!" Sombra ordered everyone present. "Keep anything valuable to you locked up at night and make sure to seal every hole in you house. There is a chance that there might be more than one rat on the loose and don't let your kids out after dark until this is over." everypony obliged and got to work.

"How can we repay you?" Smith asked.

"No need. It's one of my duties. Poor girl, I sure hope she's alright...." Sombra said unaware of a rat watching from a dark corner. The rat ran and found another way into the sewers. The rat walked many miles until he got to Sparky's lair.

Carat Gold was still changing whatever her horn touches to gold while talking with the big rat. "The first thing what I'm going to do when I'm done here is take a really long and hot bubble bath." Carat said before changing a tin can to a golden can.

"Stop complaining!" Sparky ordered.

"I am not complaining, I am thinking about what to do today. By the way, do you plan to sell all this gold?"

"Precisely! Once I have enough I start my own business and auction all this gold to the highest bidder and I'll become rich again!" the the rat climbed up Sparky's tail and on to his shoulder and squeaked into his ear. "They're planning on trying to find me, eh?"

"I knew my family and friends would never abandon me!" Carat said in delight.

"Sure must be nice...." Sparky said sadly.

"What was that?"

"Get back to work....."

"If you tell me, I will get back to work." Carat snapped.

Sparky sighed, "Very well. My father hated me, and my mother was always absent. I had nine brothers and ten sisters and we all looked out for each other. I was the middle child, you know."

"I see...."

"My father didn't like my skills which was acting and dressing up and my mother was not very supportive. I've had dreams of becoming an actor, a celebrity. To this day I still don't know why they were against me...."

"Did you siblings support you?" Carat asked.

"Yes, and they've had their own dreams as well. Their dreams and goals had one purpose: to get rich...."

"Are you all greedy?" Carat asked out of curiosity.

"We wererats are driven by greed, and we can't help it and that's how we like it. It may sound bad to you ponies but it's not bad to us!"

"You don't have to raise your voice at me. I am a lady, you know."

"Whatever!"

"Go on...."

"Well, if you insist. When I was a teenager I couldn't put up with my parents any longer so I ran away from home. Two of my sisters, and three of my brothers chose to come with me while the others chose to stay. We eventually part ways and found our own jobs. They have achieved their dream goals of course and I achieved mine. The rest is history...."

"I'm so sorry to hear about that. Did you ever hear from your family?"

Sparky nodded, "Yes, we sent letters to each other but after I lost my job I lost contact with them...."

"Again, I'm really sorry. Truly I am...." Carat couldn't imagine not seeing her sisters and father for years. "Is there anything I can do for you, Mr. Rattail?"

"Yes, keep turning anything your horn touches to gold...."

Poor Sparky...., Carat thought. Greed runs in his family, his parents weren't there for him, and he feels like he lost everything.... maybe he just needs a friend. "Hey, Sparky?"

"What is it, now?" Sparky snapped.

"I was thinking...."

"Yes? If it's about gold, I like to hear it."

"Actually it is something more valuable than gold."

"I'm listening...."

"How would you like to be my friend?"

Sparky was dumbfounded, "Did you say friend?"

"Yes, friendship is more precious than gold. And once you have friends you can't be lonely anymore."

"Why would you want to make friends with a wererat like me, anyway?" Sparky asked.

"Because, it's right. And I see that you are very lonely and consumed with greed and doubt. I would like to help you change it."

"Forget it!" Sparky yelled turning his back.

"Alright, but if you change your mind you are welcomed to our house." Carat said. Sparky growled and walked away.
Ponyville

Everypony had heard about the big rat, even Twilight Sparkle. She went through her books and came across an encyclopedia of monster. "Let's see.... ah! The wererat."

"What does it say?" Spike asked.

"It says here that wererats are driven by greed and will collect anything in their opinion is valuable and will even go as far as stealing."

"I guess that explains why he foalnapped Carat Gold."

"Yes, to make her turn anything to gold." Twilight added.

"Does it say what their habitats are?" Spike asked.

"Yes, it also says that they often make their homes in the sewers."

"Ew! Sounds pretty messy...."

"Spike...."

"What?"

"Never mind. Like it or not we're going to have to search the sewers everywhere."
Sweet Apple Acres

"Have you ever seen a big rat?" Apple Bloom asked Forrest.

"I've seen plenty of rats, but I've never seen rats as big as a stallion." Wild Forrest replied before sniffing the air. Wild Forrest looked and saw a rat peeking out of a basket full of apples.
Carousel Boutique

Rarity was making sure that every hole in the boutique was sealed with Sweetie Belle watching. "Why does it have to be rats?" she asked.

"What, are you afraid of rats?"

"No, I just don't like them touching me and these rats have been stealing valuable stuff. I can't let them do that!" then they hear Opal meow loudly. They looked and saw her chasing a rat around the room. Rarity screamed and jumped on her table. Opal cornered the rat. Sweetie Belle then put a jar over it and caught it much to Opal's dismay.

Sweetie Belle lifted the jar, "Oh, aren't you the cutest little thing? Can we keep him?"

"Absolutely not!" then the rat began squeaking loudly.

"Don't you think he's trying to say something?" Sweetie asked.

Rarity gasped, "Maybe he's in league with the foalnapper!"

Sweetie gasped next, "And Forrest can understand animals! We have to find him!" with that she ran out of the room with the jar with Rarity following behind.
Friendship Rainbow Kingdom

The Mane Six, CMC, Wild Forrest, Tirek, and Saphira met at the entrance. "You say that you have found the location of the foalnapper?" Tirek asked.

Forrest bowed, "Yes sir! The rat Apple Bloom and I caught said that he has a lair in the sewers of Manehattan."

"And what did the other rat say?" Saphira asked.

"He said that the foalnapper's name is Sparky Rattail." Forrest replied.

"No way!" Rainbow yelled.

"The actor?!" Pinkie asked.

"For real?!" Applejack asked next.

"And that's not all; Sparky Rattail has the ability to create and control electricity." Forrest added. Rainbow had a troubled look on her face. Then a red unicorn with a black mane in three ponytails and a black tail showed up. His eye color was purple, his top hat and suit was purple, his bow tie was blue and attached to a dark pink shirt, and he wore a blue cape covering his cutie mark.

"Did someone say Sparky Rattail?" he asked.

Rainbow immediately recognized him, "Soothsayer?! What are doing here?!"

"Ah, Rainbow Dash! Haven't seen you since we were kids."

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to my old friend Soothsayer, the fortuneteller!" Rainbow said.

"How do you do?" Soothsayer greeted while tipping his hat. "And again, did you say Sparky Rattail?"

"Yes, sir. We did." Forrest replied.

"And he has electrical powers!" Pinkie yelled.

"Just as I feared...." Soothsayer said looking up at Rainbow who looked guilty.

Twilight noticed this, "Do you know something, Rainbow?" everyone looked.

Rainbow was sweating a little then she said, "I do have a confession to make.... if it weren't for me and Soothsayer Sparky wouldn't have gained these electrical powers." everyone was surprised to hear this. "You see, when I was just a filly I was wandering around Cloudsdale scaring the others with my storm cloud. But I got carried away with it, and soon I saw Sparky Rattail and Soothsayer. You see, I befriended them and invited them to come up to Cloudsdale. They didn't notice me and I decided to pull a prank on them. I never should've done it...."

"Rainbow Dash snuck up on Sparky and unleashed thunder and accidentally lightning. She lost control over it and Sparky got electrocuted. I was young and didn't know how to control my magic well, but I wanted to save him so I fired a magic beam at him. It stopped the electrocution, but my magic had knocked him unconscious. He was rushed to the hospital that day. Rainbow Dash and I visited him and when he woke up he blew fuses and shut down some of the machines in the hospital with his new found powers." Soothsayer added.

"I remember that day! It was pretty awesome, but I've always felt guilty for electrocuting him." Rainbow said.

"It was an accident; you didn't mean for it to happen." Soothsayer assured her. "After he recovered he eventually lost his job because of an accident he caused while playing one of his roles and I have not seen him since. And I am also not surprised that he abducted this Carat Gold so she can use her Golden Touch; Sparky always had a very greedy side, you know?"

"How did you know about Carat Gold and her gift?" Applejack asked.

"I am Soothsayer. I know." he replied.

"Nothing ever escapes you, does it?" Rainbow asked.

"Never. It's my gift. Good day!" He left.

"He's mysterious...." Pinkie admitted.

"It looks like we have to go to Manehattan again!" Applejack said.

"Ooooh! I can't wait!" Rarity squealed.

"I'm going to. It is my duty to stop such creatures." Tirek said.

"I'm going with you." Saphira told her boyfriend. They went inside the castle and Twilight turned on her teleporter. Together, except for the CMC and Spike, they jumped through the portal.
Manehattan

They appeared in an alley. "That was interesting." Tirek said.

"This must be the area so his lair must be below our hooves." Twilight concluded. Then they noticed a manhole with a lid.

Rarity had a disgusted look on her face, "Oh, no! I'm not going down there."

"We have no choice, whatsoever." Tirek replied.

"And how are you going to fit down there?" Rainbow asked.

"Easy...." Tirek answered before cracking his knuckles. He went to the manhole and slammed both his fists on the ground creating a hole big enough for all of them.

"Whoa...." Rainbow said.

Wild Forrest jumped in first. Soon all except for Rarity jumped in. Tirek was about to jump in when he noticed Rarity so hesitant. He sighed, "Wimp...." he picked her up and put her on his back. "Hold on...." he jumped in with Rarity who was holding on tight.
Manehattan Sewers

They walked through the sewers. The floors were wet, the walls were dirty, and it reeked. Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Twilight flew while Applejack trotted and Pinkie Pie bounced. Wild Forrest sniffed the air. "Smell anything?" Applejack asked.

"Besides the stench in the air, the rats and bugs down here no." Forrest replied.

"This place stinks!" Rarity complained covering her nose.

"Gee, I wonder why?" Applejack replied snickering.

"Shh! I hear something." Forrest said. They all remained quiet and listened.

They all heard laughing and someone yelling, "I'm rich!"

Then they heard Carat's voice ask, "Can I go home now? I really need to take a bath!"

Tirek put an ear to a wall and he heard: "Give me more gold!"

"They are in there!" Tirek slammed his fist into the wall and it broke down. They all looked in and saw a bunch of sewer rats, Carat Gold and Sparky with surprised looks on their faces. Tirek drew his sword, "Release her, vermin!"

"How did you find me!" Sparky demanded.

"Some of your rats RATTED you out!" Rainbow answered. "Hey, get it? Ratted? Rat?" some of her friends giggled and tried to keep a straight face.

Sparky immediately recognized her, "YOU!" he claws and tail were covered with electricity, "YOU did this to me! Because of you I lost my job, my home, and everything!"

"C'mon, Sparky! It was accident. I didn't mean to electrocute you." Rainbow replied.

"I don't care! Now that you are her, I guess I'll get my revenge before I become much richer!" they all looked and saw a pile of golden objects.

"You think you can handle him?" Tirek asked.

"Are you kidding? I've taken on creatures bigger than him!" Rainbow dashed towards him while Sparky charged at her at lightning speed. Sparky threw some electric punches, tail whips, and claws at her but she dodged every one of them. Then Rainbow tackled him leaving her trail blaze in the process. Rainbow was going to tackle him again but this time he was ready and grabbed her tail.

"Prepare yourself for a SHOCK!" Sparky yelled before electrocuting her. Rainbow screamed in pain and passed out. Sparky laughed wickedly and tossed her to her friends.

"Rainbow!" Twilight yelled.

Rainbow woke up, "That was shocking...."

"HELP!" Carat yelled as Sparky, with his gloves on, put her over his shoulder.

"Get them!" Sparky ordered as rats came in from everywhere. Rarity screamed and hugged Tirek's face. Sparky jumped through a hole as the rats surrounded the Mane Six, Wild Forrest, Tirek, and Saphira.

Wild Forrest stood in front of them and started squeaking. "What is he doing?" Tirek asked.

"He's talking to them." Applejack said before squeaking again and again. He looked back at his friends, "They won't listen to me! They serve Sparky as their king and are loyal to him. And they won't go down without a fight!"

"I guess it's time to cut the cheese!" Rainbow said as everyone looked at her. "What?"

Fluttershy got in front and did the stare. "Please, listen to Forrest...." she ordered as the rats looked at her hypnotized.

WIld Forrest squeaked again, and this time the rats made an arrow out of themselves pointing them into the direction of their leader. "They're saying that Sparky Rattail is probably going to the abandoned subway tunnels!"

Fluttershy stopped staring, "Thank you, and I'm very sorry...." she said to the rats as they ran off in different direction. The another rats squeaked and jumped up and down.

"He wants us to follow him!" Forrest yelled then the rat ran off with the others following behind them.

They eventually made it to the abandoned subway tunnels. They walked down the stairs and looked around the place they didn't go far when they were all zapped. They all screamed in pain, then Tirek used his magic to blow it all away. All the pony's manes and tails and Saphira's hair stood up like they got static shocked.

"Ouch...." Pinkie groaned.

"Oooh, my mane!" Rarity complained looking in a nearby mirror. "It's ruined!"

Sparky's laugh echoed through the tunnels.

"Show yourself!" Tirek ordered before noticing the ground was wet. "Water conducts electricity...." he looked at and spot, "And that spot is not wet...." he said getting the other's attention. "I have a plan to use his powers against him. Just follow my lead!" then they saw red eyes coming towards them then Sparky came out of hiding.

"Why would you go through all that trouble just to save her?" Sparky asked pointing up. Carat was in a cage hanging from the ceiling.

"Because she's our friend, and it's what friends do for each other!" Twilight said.

Sparky laughed, "Wretched vermin! I pity each and every one of you, I truly do. You all have no understanding that gold is more precious than anything!"

"That's wrong and you know it!" Applejack yelled.

"Yeah, we know about your friendship with Soothsayer!" Pinkie yelled next.

"Don't you mention him! It was also his fault that I lost my job, not just Plainbow Crash!" Sparky yelled.

"My name is RAINBOW DASH!" she yelled back.

"Whatever!" Sparky replied before he claws and tail surrounding themselves with electricity then he fire a stream of electricity towards them. Tirek quickly created a magical shield. "Alright, here's the plan: while you all fight him, lead him to that spot and I'll create ice pillars around him and when the timing is right I'll provoke him to used his electrical powers...."

"I get it! It'll trap him and electrocute since ice is made out of water." Twilight concluded.

"Precisely! Now, attack!" Tirek ordered.

They all spread out and Twilight fired a beam at Sparky's chest, but it bounced off! Pinkie Pie used her party cannon on him, "YEOW! Why you little!" Sparky was about to go after her, but Fluttershy blocked the way and attempted to use her stare on him but Sparky was fast and shocked her.

"Leave her alone!" Rainbow yelled tackling him in the back. Applejack then kicked him in the chin. Sparky grabbed both ponies and before he could do anything Forrest screamed his Tarzan scream while swinging on a chain kicking the rat's face making him lose his grip on the other two. During the fight Tirek created shark ice pillars around them and used his heat to make the ice melt and wet.

"Stand clear!" Tirek ordered as the others fled. Tirek approached him, "I'll take you on!" with that his right hand was on fire and his left hand was covered with ice.

"Fire and ice vs electricity? Now this will be fun!" Sparky said as his claws and tail surrounded themselves with electricity again. "Bring it!" he dashed towards him and attempted to punch Tirek, but Tirek teleported and Sparky punched a wet ice pillar instead. Tirek reappeared at another ice pillar and they did the same thing until all the ice pillars were surrouned by electricity. Tirek than used his ice powers to freeze Sparky's feet and used freeze the ground around him and attach them to the pillars. "Hey!"

"This will calm you down...." Tirek said touching the frozen floor and melting it.

Within seconds streams of electricity went down to the wet floor and electrocuted the rat! "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Tirek then used his absorbing powers to take away Sparky's powers. Electricity surrounded his fists as he clapped his hands and stopped electrocuting Sparky. Sparky groaned and collapsed. "Now's your chance!" Tirek yelled as the Mane Six circled around the rat and used their Elements of Harmony on him, removing the darkness inside him.
In a cave miles away....

The evil voice chuckled as the darkness that left Sparky entered his yellow eyes. "Shall I dispose of him, sir?" the black stallion asked.

"Where's the fun in that? He'll probably feel remorse and pathetically attempt to be good, and struggle...." the evil voice chuckled, "It's very amusing...." he laughed.
Back at the abandoned subway

They got Carat down and Tirek broke the cage with his bare hands. Carat hugged all of them, "Thank you so much for saving me!"

"It's what friends do for each other, dear." Rarity said before sniffing Carat. "You reek! You need a bath!"

"You need one too!" Carat said to her.

Tirek lifted Sparky over his shoulder, "Come on, let's go!"

"That's the best idea I heard all day!" Carat said making the others laugh.
The dungeon

King Sombra's guards put Sparky, who had bandages on some parts of his body, on to the bed. They got out and locked the cell up. King Sombra approached Carat Gold, the Mane Six, and Wild Forrest. "Is he going to be alright?" Carat asked with concern in her voice.

"The doctors said he'll make a full recovery...." Sombra replied.

"Thank goodness! I was pretty worried...."

"You tried to be friends with him?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes, because he was not truly evil; he was just lonely, depressed, and greedy...."

"You are all welcomed to visit Magmata and Sparky Rattail anytime you want. Friendship is just what they need...." Sombra said.

"Magmata?" Carat asked before she noticed him glaring at her.

"Yes, he's serving time for attempting to take over.... Come, we must leave them...." Sombra and the others headed out of the dungeon. Carat looked back at Magmata and followed the others.

Smith, Silver Belle, and Bronze Medal were all overjoyed when they saw Carat return and all hugged her despite her smell. "I was so worried, my sweet little marigold!" Smith yelled.

"I was so frightened, sis!" Silver Belle yelled.

"I'm so glad you're alive!" Bronze sobbed.

King Sombra, Queen Luna, Prince Umbra, Tirek, Saphira, the Mane Six, and Wild Forrest watched them happily. Umbra nuzzled against his mother as she wrapped an arm around him. "Let's go home...." Twilight said to her friends before opening her portal.

"Yes, I still need a bath!" Rarity agreed before jumping into the portal.

"See you later!" Applejack said before jumping into the portal. After the goodbyes the Mane Six and Wild Forrest jumped into the portal.