• Published 12th May 2012
  • 7,802 Views, 530 Comments

Sonic: Friendship is Eternal - VGFanatic20



When Eggman sets his sights on the world of Equestria, will the mane 6 be able to beat him? or will

  • ...
41
 530
 7,802

PreviousChapters Next
We Can Has Cutie Marks?

Shadow was walking around Ponyville, enjoying the fresh air. Everyone was still a little wary of the new arrivals, but was getting used to them slowly. Shadow kept walking leaving the town area and heading toward more open space.

"See him?" Sweetie Belle asked Scootaloo from the bush they were hiding in. Scootaloo of course was holding the binoculars, watching Shadow as he walked.

"Oh yeah, got him. Wait…" Scootaloo said when she noticed he was gone. "Where'd he go?" she asked. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle just looked at one another and sighed.

"Where'd who go?" Shadow asked from behind all 3 girls, causing them to jump and scream a bit in surprise. He was kneeling down to be eye level with them.

"h-hi Shadow" Scootaloo said, quickly hiding the binoculars. Shadow just arched a brow at her behavior.

"We were just looking for ya" Applebloom said with a smile.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah, we figure someone like you could help us" Sweetie Belle said.

"Help you with what?" he asked.

"Getting our cutie marks" Applebloom said.

"What?" he asked in disbelief that there was something called a cutie mark. And even more-so that they would ask him this.

"A cutie mark is a mark everypony has on their flank. When they discover their special talent it appears" Scootaloo said. Shadow looked at them, taking a deep breath. The 3 girls started to get happy, expecting a yes.

"No. find someone else" he said flat out, not even hesitating. Their little hearts broke at that, frowns on their faces.

"Aww, come on. Please?" Sweetie Belle asked. Their eyes becoming like a puppy dogs.

"No" he said, looking them in the eyes. All three got pouty before walking away with their heads low. Shadow sighed.

"Alright fine, just stop with the." He couldn't finish his sentence as all 3 girls glomped him happily.

"Oh thank you Shadow!" Scootaloo said. Shadow sighed before getting them off of him.

"Yeah yeah. Just don't get all mushy on me" he said. "Now do you 3 have a plan on where to start finding your special talents?" he asked. Earning toothy smiles from the girls as they replied in unison.

"Nope" he just looked at them after they had said that. /this is going to be a long day/ he thought. Before the girls practically dragged him to their clubhouse.

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse

/looks like that hole in the roof got patched up/ he thought as he noticed the roof was patched up.

"Alright Crusaders, where should we start?" Applebloom asked.

"I've got an idea" Shadow said. Earning the attention of the girls.

"What do you find easiest to do?" he asked. The girls looked at one another and shrugged.

"We don't really know" Scootaloo said. Shadow thought for a moment before getting an idea.

"So, who fixed the hole I made?" he asked.

"Ah did" Applebloom said with a smile. /it's practically seamless…I think they know their talents, they've just yet to accept them/ he thought. As much as he wanted to flat out tell her, he knew that would flat out ruin the fun of figuring it out for themselves. And he found it hard to do that to them, since he knew how that would probably end up. With a sigh he just sat there, listening to the girls think and plan what to do.

Sweet Apple Acres

"By the way Applejack. I've been meaning to ask, what's with the mark on your flank?" Knuckles asked as he got the apples out of a tree. She looked at him and chuckled

"Well it's called a cutie mark, everypony has one. It symbolizes their special talent. But nopony is born with it, ya gotta find out yer special talent and it appears on its own." She explained as she bucked a tree.

"Well that certainly explains why every pony I saw had one" he said as he carried the buckets full of apples.

"And now it's my turn." She said. Earning a confused expression from the echidna.

"Earlier when that bot was attacking you were flying. What was that all about?" she asked. Earning a chuckle from him.

"It wasn't flying. It was gliding." He corrected her. "And I've been able to do that as far back as I can remember" he said with a smile. Applejack smiled back.

"Well ain't that just the bee's knees" she said.

Twilight's House

Twilight was looking over some notes about all she'd learned from her new friends. Her pet owl Owloysius watching her curiously. Tails was there, interested in learning more about Equestria. Looking up from his book he waved at Owloysius.

"What's your name?" he asked

"Hoo?" Owloysius responded.

"you." He said pointing at the owl, "what's your name?"

"Hoo?"

"You! Your name!" he said getting short. Twilight started giggling at the scene, finding it funny.

"His name is Owloysius" she said with a smile.

"Oh clever, you named him after Aloysius the Patron Saint of Students" Tails said, earning a nod from Twilight.

"exactly." She said. Tails smiled before looking back at the book he was reading.

"So who exactly is Starswirl the Bearded?" he asked. Having seen the name several times in the book he was reading. Twilight turned to him and smiled

"He's the founder of the spells we Unicorns use. He documented and developed many different spells, from healing to teleportation." She said demonstrating the latter by conjuring magic into her horn and teleporting next to him. Tails was amazed by that.

"Wow" he said. Twilight smiled happily at that.

"So um, odd question time, but what can you tell me about Shadow?" she asked.

"You'd have to ask Rouge or Sonic, they're the only ones that really know and understand him" he said. "Though why the question?" he asked.

"Oh no reason" she said with a nervous giggle, trying to play it off as no big deal. Though Tails remained skeptical of that.

Somewhere in a clearing

"Alright from here to Cloudsdale and back" Dash said with a grin, having succeeded in challenging Sonic to a race. Fluttershy holding the flag to start the race. Sonic nodded, agreeing to the terms.

"Alright, let's go" he said. Fluttershy waited as they got ready to race before waving the flag. Within that moment the 2 racers took off at top speed. Fluttershy's mane and tail flapped violently from the sheer force of the take-off.

Sonic and Dash were neck and neck at the start, Dash flying while Sonic ran. She looked over at him seeing how fast his legs moved to provide him the appropriate means to run fast. He looked at her and smirked before increasing his speed and gaining a lead on her. She smirked before flying faster to catch up. Sonic smiled as she caught up.

"Not bad Dash" he said before she just smiled more and accelerated ahead. /this is certainly the best race I've had in a long time/ he thought as he too accelerated to catch up to her.

With the CMC and Shadow

Shadow was walking beside them as Scootaloo was riding her scooter the other two in the wagon hitched to the back of the scooter. They were trying to find something else to do to get their cutie marks. Since high diving didn't exactly work out as planned.

"Any other ideas?" Applebloom asked.

"None" Sweetie Belle said a little bummed. Soon their stomachs rumbled since it was lunch time. Shadow's ear twitched from hearing that.

"Sounds like food would be best" he said, earning happy nods from them.

"My sister's boutique is nearby. We can get something there" Sweetie Belle said before Scootaloo flapped her wings faster to get there ASAP. Shadow just watched them before following. The group arriving at the boutique within a few minutes. The girls knocked on the door, Big opened it and was met by the 3 glomping him happily.

"Big!" they exclaimed happily. Shadow just walked in past that entering the main work area of Rarity, only to see a sight he didn't expect. Rouge, in a stunning outfit being photographed by Rarity. Shadow's eyes widened as he arched a brow at that. Rouge gasped upon noticing him, a blush apparent on her cheeks since she never expected Shadow to see her in the process of modeling.

"Shadow" she said. "What are you doing here?" she asked

"Was watching over the kids, brought them here for lunch" he said simply. Earning a small "aww" from Rouge. To which he glared at her for.

With Dash and Sonic

They were on the final sprint, still neck and neck and running as fast as they could. Sonic turned to her "ready to see some real speed?" he asked before taking off so fast that a sonic boom occurred. He crossed the finish line and came to almost a dead stop. Dash landing next to him after being thrown by that.

"Sorry about that" he said nervously.

"Dude that was awesome!" she said, shaking off her dizziness. "Sure I'm bummed I lost. But still, you did that so easily" she said.

"Well I am known as the fastest thing alive" he said. She gave him a friendly jab in the arm, smiling.

"You gotta teach me how to do that" she said.

"You mean break the sound barrier?" he asked. Earning an eager nod from her.

"Well sure, but first" he said as his stomach growled. "I gotta fill my belly" Dash laughed at that, before hearing what sounded like a propeller. Looking up she saw her pet turtle flying down to her.

"Tank!" she said happily flying up to meet him halfway and hug him.

"Tank?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah, my pet turtle. He's awesome" she said happily as she landed again. Sonic just smiled at that, glad to have Dash and her friends.

Meanwhile

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!" the security system stated as the alarm sounded. Eggman was surprised something managed to get inside.

"Quickly seal all-" he stopped as she saw something behind him from the reflection in the metal wall in front of him. Pressing a button he shut off the alarm.

"Your infiltration is commendable" Eggman said as he turned the Egg Mobile around to face none other than Trixie. At first he didn't think much, until he saw the emerald and the tinge of red at the corners of her eyes from its influence.

"I see you have a Chaos Emerald" he said. Trixie was surprised by him referring to the gem as that.

"You know of this gem?" she asked. Eggman grinned.

"I know of all 7 my dear" he said. She now had a look of excitement. Seven emeralds, and with them she could do the unimaginable.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie has a deal to make. Work with me and help me to take revenge on those that have sown my seeds of hate" she said. Eggman smiled, /this'll make things much easier/ he thought

"You've got a deal. Great and Powerful Trixie" he said shaking her extended hoof with his hand.

PreviousChapters Next