• Published 12th May 2012
  • 7,803 Views, 530 Comments

Sonic: Friendship is Eternal - VGFanatic20



When Eggman sets his sights on the world of Equestria, will the mane 6 be able to beat him? or will

  • ...
41
 530
 7,803

PreviousChapters Next
Luna's Fear

Knuckles kept looking at Applejack, still trying to process that this wasn't a dream. Applejack yawned as she began to wake from her slumber. Opening her eyes slowly before seeing Knuckles looking back at her. She blinked before a blush crept onto her cheeks.

"uh…good morning?" Knuckles asked. Not really sure what to say or do at this point. Applejack noticed that she was snuggled up against him, causing her to blush even more before she got up and out of the bed.

"uh…yeah, good morning" she said

"mind telling me why you were in my room? Let alone my bed?" he asked as he too got up.

"yeah. Ah got a barrel a cider in mah room and it done spilt all over mah mattress" she said.

"okay. But why my bed?" he asked.

"your room was closest" she said with a blush as she shuffled a bit. He just sighed before looking at her and smiling a bit.

"well, I say it's time to get the day started" he said before walking past her. She smiled and followed him, putting her hat on as she did so.

Later at the Sisterhooves Social

The day had finally arrived, it was time for the Sisterhooves Social. Vector went over last second checks to make sure everything was holding together. After giving the mayor the all clear she smiled and turned her attention to the racers as they lined up. Four teams of two were lined up. Applejack and Applebloom, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, even Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Since Sweetie Belle wanted another try at the social after the last one. The other team was last to get to the start line but smiled at the others before the starting whistle was blown.

The 8 racers took off at full speed, getting through the mud pit easily before reaching a picnic table where there were 8 salad bowls. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo got there first and began to chow down, finishing quickly and running toward the juice barrels. Applejack and Rarity with their sisters right behind those 2. Dash helped Scootaloo into the barrel where she happily squished the berries. Producing two cups worth of juice. She jumped down to Dash before they both drank the juice. Applejack and Applebloom were already ahead of them. Rarity and Sweetie Belle behind Dash and Scoot. They ran through a small set of obstacles before reaching a chicken coop and balancing an egg on their noses, carrying it to where it needed to go and setting it down gently. Dash and Scoot smiled as they finished before Applejack and her sister. Taking off at full speed before Rarity and Sweetie Belle caught up with Applejack and Applebloom. The 6 of them sprinting toward the finish line, neck and neck as they got closer.

Suddenly a big round bot dropped from the sky, landing with a loud thud that shook the ground. It stood at least 10 feet tall. Round in the middle with arms and legs. A hatch opened and Eggman smiled as he revealed himself.

"yo!" he said. Everyone gasped.

"Eggman!" Sonic shouted.

"the one and only." He said. "sorry to ruin this little social of yours. But I've been itching to try this baby out. Meet the Egg Roller"

"why'd you call it that?" Rainbow Dash asked

"is he narcissistic?" Twilight asked Shadow. Shadow turned to her.

"a little. All his inventions have the word egg in them" he said. Twilight just sweat dropped.

"how about I show you why?" he said before the hatch closed and the bot retracted its arms and began to roll toward the racers. They got out of the way as he rolled past. Dash looked at the robot as it stopped and stood on its legs. Then she looked at the course and grinned.

"I got an idea" she said before telling the others what her idea was. Applejack and Applebloom ran to the juice barrels, Applebloom getting tossed into a barrel and starting to mash more of the berries. Rarity and Sweetie Belle ran to the chicken coop to get enough eggs for their part in the plan. Dash stood to face the robot, Scoot right next to her. Eggman turned to them and began to move.

"NOW!" she called out. Rarity and Sweetie Belle tossing the eggs at Eggman. The gooey innards of the eggs blocking his view window. Applejack smiled as she bucked off the nozzle on the barrel, the juice shooting out at high pressure and hitting the bot, knocking it onto its belly before Dash and Scoot lifted into the air and began to roll the bot toward the mud pit. Which they succeeded in doing. Watching as the mud splashed and went into the bots joints. Eggman growled as he made the bot stand.

"I'll crush you!" he shouted before the arms and legs retracted. The bot was about to spin before a warning signal went off. Smoke could be seen coming from the bot. the mud was causing short circuits due to its electrical conductivity. Eggman growled again before hitting the eject button. He was tossed from the bot in his Egg Mobile before he looked down at the ponies.

"you will rue this day!" he shouted before flying off at high speed. Everypony cheered as he left in defeat.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts. We came to watch a race to show the bonds of sisterhood, but we instead got to see how sisterhood can bring about great heroism. She said as a medal was given to the 6 that fought Eggman. Everypony cheered for the heroines. Scootaloo looked a bit down though.

"what's wrong Scoot?" Dash asked. Earning a sigh from the filly

"now that Sisterhooves is over you probably don't want to be my sister anymore" she said. Dash just smiled before putting a foreleg over the fillies back and hugging her close.

"what are you talking about? You're my sister, no matter what anypony says" she said with a smile. Scoot looked up at her hero, her idol. Smiling happily as tears of joy fell from her eyes and she hugged Rainbow Dash. Her sister, her awesome big sister.

Eggman's base

"you failed huh?" Gilda asked when Eggman entered.

"you shutup!" he shouted as he walked past her.

"no emerald either?" she asked.

"if I lost, why would I have an emerald?" he asked. Earning a huff from the griffin before he left the room.

"such incompetence" Neo Metal Sonic said as he walked up to Gilda.

"he's just holding us back" Gilda said before turning to Metal and noticing he was holding something.

"good thing I got this emerald radar then" Metal said before absorbing it. "come, we are leaving the fool to his own errands"

"why help, or even include me?" Gilda asked.

"even though I am machine and you are flesh. We are the same, we both long to prove ourselves. Whatever the cost" he said. Gilda grinned as she took to the air, Metal blasted a hole in the roof before following her and activating the radar function.

"we will search all of this world if we have to" Metal said before jetting off in a direction away from the base. Gilda nodded and followed close behind the bot.

Canterlot Palace

Luna was taking her usual rest of the day, but it was anything but a peaceful sleep. She tossed and turned, sweating as her face showed incredible anguish before her eyes shot open and she sat up, letting out a scream of terror before she began to pant. Her door opened and Celestia was there going to her sister with worry.

"whatever is the matter dear sister?" Celestia asked. Luna just looked at her before tears ran down her cheeks and she hugged her elder sister.

"the stars….the stars can see…" she said softly as she trembled. Celestia went wide eyed at that, knowing that it meant He was returning. She just stayed silent, hugging her little sister.

Fluttershy's Cottage, that night

Fluttershy smiled as she got ready for a good night's rest. Smiling at herself in her mirror before noticing a shadow on the wall, now normally this wasn't a big deal. Except for the fact the shadow wasn't Fluttershy's. not to mention when she looked at it in the mirror she felt cold. Turning quickly and seeing nothing there she began to grow very scared before going downstairs to get Tails. He was on the couch, about to fall asleep when Fluttershy shook him.

"what's wrong Fluttershy?" he asked, noticing her action was frantic. Turning to her he could see she was really freaked out. She hugged him after he sat up. Whimpering in his arms.

/boy something really spooked her/ he thought.

"it was so…scary…" she said. Almost to the point of crying. "will you stay with me tonight?" she asked, looking up at him. He smiled before standing up and going upstairs with her. Getting in the bed with her as he looked around for what could've spooked her. She snuggled close to him, her forelegs wrapped around him, never wanting to let go of the one thing she knew could protect her. He had his arm wrapped around her, holding her in a protective manner as they both began to drift.

"sweet dreams, Fluttershy" he said. As he fell asleep.

"you too, Tails" she said softly before following suit and falling asleep.

Meanwhile

A purple light could be seen in the starry sky, motionless and bright. Soon though it began to move up and down, as if it was being tossed in one hand and caught with the same hand. The light was emanating from a Chaos Emerald. a laugh could be heard as the emerald continued to go up and down. Two silver lines and a wicked smile appeared as the stars began to dance again before it all just vanished. The laugh echoing into the night.

PreviousChapters Next