• Published 12th May 2012
  • 7,802 Views, 530 Comments

Sonic: Friendship is Eternal - VGFanatic20



When Eggman sets his sights on the world of Equestria, will the mane 6 be able to beat him? or will

  • ...
41
 530
 7,802

PreviousChapters Next
Luna's Nightmare

so yeah, if you are wondering why it took so long, just visit my DA (link on my profile) and read the journal.

Luna's Nightmare

On a Train bound for Canterlot

Our heroes, after leaving the Hollow soon found a train to carry their tired bodies back to Canterlot. Night had fallen since then, most of them had fallen into slumber. Fluttershy was smiling softly as she shared a bed with Tails. Changer at the foot of the bed, fast asleep. Trixie was wide awake, looking out a window, the fact she was the Seventh Element of Harmony was still a surprise to her. Shadow was asleep beside Twilight, a smile on his face. Something rare even amongst friends.

Canterlot Palace

Luna was awake, having just finished raising the moon and stars. Looking at the beautiful night sky with a smile on her face. She turned to head back inside the palace and take care of her royal duties. Her stride peaceful and that of royalty, elegant and beautiful.

"Quite the masterpiece tonight" a voice said from behind her. She froze in her tracks and had a look of shock and anger on her face. Turning she saw none other than Stargazer standing there, looking at the sky before turning to her with that sick grin of his. She growled as her horn lit up with magic.

"What in the name of Tartarus are you doing here!" she demanded from him. He just chuckled, "why I'm visiting a friend" he said.

"I am no friend of yours!" she said, firing a magic bolt at him. He dodged it by jumping up, landing next to her and draping an arm on the back of her neck.

"With the way you act I'm surprised you have any friends" he whispered into her ear. She was frozen for that moment from the fact he was so close to her. Quickly snapping out of it she shook him off before firing another magic bolt at him. He side stepped it easily, still grinning.

"Did I hit a nerve?" he asked, the grin becoming a full smile.

"You little smartass!" she shouted before releasing a wave of magic that pushed him against a pillar and bound him to it.

"Oh Luna, you tease me so" he said. Luna's cheeks became a light red before she turned around and bucked him in the stomach as hard as she could. He grunted, coughing up blood from the force of the hit.

"You ruined my life, caused me to live in banishment for 1000 years, tried to take away my home. I'll make sure you rot in the deepest pit of Hell, tormented by the demons of Tartarus for eternity!" she said with full fury in her eyes.

"Oooh, you are dark. Just like a Nightmare" he said, adding emphasis to the word Nightmare. She was taken aback by that, her eyes open in shock.

"I-I am nothing like that!" she said, trying to regain composure.

"Oh but Luna, you are every bit of Nightmare Moon, just as she is every bit of you." He said with a confident smirk.

"You Lie!" she shouted at him.

"Come now, when have I ever lied to you?" he asked. That sent Luna over the edge, her horn glowed brightly as she began to unleash attack after attack. Orbs, bullets, bolts, blades, whips, you name it, she used it. Tears streaming down her face as she unleashed her fury upon him.

//wonderful…now kill this fool!// a voice rang in her head, the voice that once was her own. She stopped. Stargazer lying in a pile of rubble, smiling still and badly beaten.

Luna was shocked to hear that voice, //What are you doing?! Kill this bastard now!// the voice rang out again. Nightmare Moon's voice. Luna's tears began to fall again, only out of fear, fear that her nightmare never truly ended that day. Stargazer stood up, grinning madly.

//if you won't, I will!// the voice said, Luna's fur becoming black as her form became that of Nightmare Moon.

"Ah, there she is" he said before dodging one of her Nightmare Bolts.

"I'll kill you where you stand!" Nightmare said as she conjured a mighty spell and fired a large beam of starry energy, pulsing with her power. Stargazer's left arm was caught in it, since he didn't dodge quickly enough. A distant mountain was struck by the blast, dirt and rock being tossed up from the impact. Stargazer held his left shoulder, blood coming out of it quite steadily, since his arm was just obliterated.

"Aquarius" he said, moving his hand from his shoulder to where his other hand would be. A bright light being emitted before his arm reappeared. Nightmare growled at him, anger filling every fiber of her being.

"It certainly was nice to catch up after so long." Stargazer said. "But unfortunately, now is neither the time nor place for our final encounter." He said, covering himself in his shroud and vanishing into the night sky.

"Stargazer!!!" Nightmare screamed into the starry heavens before her form reverted to Luna and she collapsed onto the ground, completely exhausted.

The next day

The train came to a stop at the station, our heroes exited the train, taking a deep breath of the fresh Canterlot air.

"Finally back home" Shining Armor said. Cadence smiled happily, glad to be back. Fluttershy was standing next to Tails, happy he was alright.

"Fluttershy? Is that you?" came a rather macho voice.

"That voice" Fluttershy said before turning to where it came from. Standing a few feet away was none other than the minotaur Iron Will. "Iron Will!" she said happily before flying over to him and giving him a hug.

"I didn't know you would be in Canterlot." Fluttershy said as he returned the hug.

"well I'm on vacation for a while, so I figure why not Canterlot" he said. "and who is this?" he asked, referring to Tails.

"I'm Miles Tails Prower, but you can call me Tails" he said. Fluttershy looked at him and smiled. Iron will looked back and forth between her and Tails, a smile on his face.

"nice to meet you Tails, my name is Iron Will. It's great Fluttershy found a boyfriend like you" he said, jumping to conclusions. They both blushed madly, looking at Iron Will with shock on their faces. He just laughed, "I'm only teasing. Hey why don't you all fill me in on what's been going on lately. Cuz I've heard a lot of stuff during my time travelling and I'd just like to see if it's true." He said.

Tails nodded "it's a long story, so come with us, we'll walk and talk" he said. Iron Will nodded and joined up with the group to hear what has been happening lately.

One hour later, in front of Canterlot Palace

"so that's what's been going on" Iron Will said, a little overwhelmed by all this.

"yep" Sonic said. Twilight was looking off to the side, as if trying to make sure she was seeing something correctly.

"what's up?" Shadow asked her, she pointed her hoof at the downed and destroyed pillar.

"that Pillar…it's a pile of rubble and the area around it has been damaged as well." She said.

"what do you think happened?" Shadow asked.

"I'm not sure, we'll have to check with the princesses" she said before running off. The other's following suit. Fluttershy having stopped Iron Will.

"there's something I need to talk to you about" she said to him.

"Fluttershy?" Tails asked.

"go on ahead, I'll catch up" she said. Tails nodded and went ahead.

"What's up Fluttershy?" Iron Will asked.

"well you know how we told you about the NightMare 6 right?" she asked. Iron nodded. "well, I'm scared to encounter or face my evil self. Even though I know it will happen" she said. "I'm not sure I'm up to it." Iron Will knelt down to look her in the eyes a hand on the side of her neck.

"Fluttershy, don't doubt yourself. You taught me a lesson in assertiveness. That having to get physical to show you won't be pushed around isn't the answer. That standing up for yourself with words was a smarter choice. But there are those that words alone will never reach. These individuals will do anything to harm you and all you care about." He said

"I'm so scared though, when I was assertive…it was like I was a monster" she said.

"That was because it was being used on the people you cared for. But when used to protect those you care for, it's your greatest weapon. I know it won't be easy for you, but when the time comes free your spirit. Let your fears be pushed away, let your determination stand, let your anger out. Just…let it all go." He said. She looked at him and smiled, hugging him. He hugged her back, happy he was able to give her the talk she needed.

"thank you so much Iron Will" she said.

"You're welcome Fluttershy, now hurry to your friends. Keep this world safe" he said. she nodded and flew off to her friends. He smiled before turning and walking to find a place to eat.

Ponyville

Pinkie had finally recovered enough to leave the hospital, smiling at how it felt to be outside and walking. Espio was released as well, right by her side.

//Pinkie. You certainly are a unique individual// he thought as she began to bounce with joy. She turned to him, the biggest smile plastered on her face.

"oh isn't this just awesome Espio?" she asked. "to be outside and healthy as a horse"

"you are a horse" he said.

"Pony" she corrected. He just chuckled at that, a small smile on his face.

"wooo…my tail is twitching" she said.

"something is gonna fall?" he asked. She nodded, looking up just in time to see a rocket heading for them. She dove and tackled Espio to get them both away from the rocket and the following explosion. Dirt was kicked up from the explosion, blocking view.

"You okay Espio?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine" he said. They both stood and the dirt settled, enabling visibility. Shock was now on their faces as they stared at what just attacked them.

"That's quite a handy ability. I hope you don't mind if I take it for my own!" Metal Sonic said, his red eyes beaming with determination to copy data and add it to his own stockpile of power. Gilda grinning wickedly a little behind him.

PreviousChapters Next