• Published 12th May 2012
  • 7,802 Views, 530 Comments

Sonic: Friendship is Eternal - VGFanatic20



When Eggman sets his sights on the world of Equestria, will the mane 6 be able to beat him? or will

  • ...
41
 530
 7,802

PreviousChapters Next
The Crystal Empire Part 2

The Crystal Empire part 2

The Heroes set out from the palace, splitting into groups in order to find as much info as they could to help the Crystal Ponies.

With Twilight, Spike and Shadow

“Are you sure? Absolutely sure?” Twilight asked a Crystal mare, who had opened the door of her home and received questions about what happened in the empire.

“I’m sorry, I wish I could help you” The mare said, getting a dejected look as she tried to remember “But I just can’t remember anything before King Sombra came to power” she said before her mind was filled with the image of his eyes, glaring at her. She winced in pain as that image made itself known.

“And I don’t want to remember anything about the time he ruled over us.” She added, looking toward the ground before closing her eyes and shuddering.

“King Sombra’s spell must be why their coats aren’t…crystal-y” Twilight said to Shadow and Spike before turning her attention back to the mare.

“Have we really been gone a thousand years?” She asked.

“Yes” Twilight answered.

“It feels like it was just yesterday…”

“If you think of anything, even the smallest thing” Twilight said.

“Of course” The mare said, shutting her door.

“Well that was a total bust” Spike said

“Maybe the others are having more luck?” Twilight said, hopeful that they got some more info on this.

//Sombra…// Shadow thought, wondering many different things about him, namely what it would feel like to test his mettle against such a tyrannical figure that also seemed to be quite an intelligent powerhouse.

With Sonic and Rainbow Dash

“Way to protect the empire, you know anything about it or what?” Dash asked a crystal mare, hovering in front of her and being all touchy feely with said mare.

“I wish I could help you. Really.” The mare said, hanging her head low and walking past Dash. Rainbow wasn’t done yet and flew ahead of her to cut her off.

“Come on! You’ve gotta know something!” She said, nudging the mare with a few light jabs.

“But I don’t have any information” she said, walking off again. Dash facehoofed, irritated at this.

“Relax Dash…we’ll find our answers, we just gotta keep our cool.” Sonic said.

“I know, but…”

“Look, I want to save this place just as quickly as you do so the ponies will stop moping around. We just need to take this one step at a time and keep our cool. Cuz if we go nuts, this place is doomed for sure” he said.

“Yeah. Thanks Sonic” she said, looking around before nuzzling him quickly. Sonic just chuckled at that.

“We got more ponies to ask, so let’s get to it!” she said flying off. Sonic nodded before speeding off to find any info he could.

With Tails, Fluttershy and Changer

“Um excuse me” Fluttershy said to a passing Crystal mare who didn’t even acknowledge her. Seeing that as a lost cause she turned to a stallion “I was just wondering” she was once again ignored. Spying a table with two ponies at it she gained a look of determination before flying over to it and taking a deep breath as she raised an assertive hoof. Almost immediately she dropped this posture and curled up, becoming bashful once again.

“Oh that’s okay…you look busy anyway” she said.

Tails sighed and shook his head before looking at Changer, “Well at least you’ve got someone like me to look up to Changer” he said with a smile.

//oh please, you were freaking out from a harmless bur that was holding your tails together.// Changer thought, “Yeah, good thing dad” he said, agreeing with him.

“Wonder why these Crystal Ponies are so out of it though…” Tails thought out loud.

“Shouldn’t they be more…Crystal like if they’re called Crystal Ponies?” Changer asked.

“Good question” Tails said

With Pinkie, Espio, Amy, Vector and Charmy

Unbeknownst to Espio, Pinkie got dressed up in a black sneak suit with golden goggles on her head. She appeared on a roof, looking toward some unsuspecting ponies.

“Time to gather some Intel!” she said in a hushed voice before using a rope to get closer to listen in on the conversation.

“It just feels like something is missing” a crystal mare said

“I know. It looks the same, but it doesn’t feel the same” a stallion said, both turning to look at each other with frowns on their faces.

“Because it isn’t!” Pinkie said in her hushed voice, hanging upside down above them. Looking up the two saw her and reared back onto their hind legs

“A spy!” the mare shouted before the two ran off. Pinkie screamed and fell to the ground with a thud. Picking herself up in time to see them disappear.

“A spy? How did they know? Must’ve noticed my night vision goggles.” Pinkie said before putting the goggles on and activating them. “Ooooh Nightvisiony” she said before smacking into a pole and falling to the ground. Espio just arched a brow, smirking at her.

“How’d I do?” she asked with a smile

“Needs work honey” he said causing her to giggle.

“Well no one seems to know anything on my end” Vector said. “Hell most of them were perplexed by him” he pointed at Charmy who was flying above some of the crystal ponies. The ponies just stared at him as he buzzed around, yammering on about playing and cake, lots and lots of cake.

Amy walked up to the group and they looked at her, expecting good news. “Nothing” she said, “They just don’t seem to really know what’s happened…”

“Can you blame them? I mean they just recently reappeared from a 1000 year slumber” Espio said.

With Rarity, Rouge, Big, Cream and Omega

Rarity was busy picturing herself as a crystal pony, which actually didn’t look half bad. All crystal sparkle and what not.

“And when you flip your mane, it simply must create a rainbow of color.” She said, lost in her imagination in front of several crystal ponies. “Wouldn’t I look just magnificent? So sparkly” she said using her hooves to bounce her mane as the crystal ponies just smiled and backed away as quickly as possible.

“Omega? How do you think I’d look as a Crystal bat?” Rouge asked the bot.

“A bat made out of crystal” Omega answered simply.

“Do you have no imagination?” she asked

“Negative” he said, since he was a robot he was lacking in the imagination department.

“I think you’d look lovely Ms. Rouge” Cream said, Cheese agreeing happily.

“Well thank you, at least someone here has the imagination necessary for you Omega”

“Irrelevant data. Sensors indicate probability of success is faltering every second” he said.

“Yeah…we should get a move on” Big said, having no idea what Omega meant, but feeling that standing around was the reason it was said.

With Knuckles and Applejack

“Excuse me, we’re trying to figure out what happened here, could you help us?” Knuckles asked as he approached a crystal stallion.

“I don’t know how much help I’d be, why don’t you try the library? I’m sure there’s a book in there that will help” he said before leaving.

“Twilight’s gonna be pleased as punch to hear that” Applejack said.

“Eeyup” Knuckles said before covering his mouth quickly.

“Too late, I heard it” she said before laughing.

With Silver, Blaze, Marine and Trixie

“Strange…they’re supposed to be all…sparkly and what not” Trixie said as she gazed at several ponies.

“Really?” Blaze asked.

“Yes, from all the stories I heard as a foal, it was said they sparkle just like crystals, hence their name”

“Well…me and Marine got no info…really the only thing we did get was a loss in translation” Silver said.

“Well how was I supposed to know that they’d have trouble understanding my accent from down under?” Marine asked.

“It’s an acquired trait to be able to understand you sometimes Marine” Trixie said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Marine asked.

“Simply put, one has to be around you long enough to understand what you mean. That’s all”

“Well that certainly makes me feel special bout all the friends I have” she said with a smile.

“Good, now let’s find the others” Trixie said

At the center of the empire

“I got nothing so far” Rainbow Dash said after landing.

“Oh me neither” Rarity said, leaving her imaginary world for a bit.

Fluttershy walked up to Twilight before unzipping herself to reveal Pinkie Pie.

“My cover has been blown. I repeat, my cover has been blown!” she said in a hushed tone, violating Twilight’s personal space while she was at it before backing off quickly.

“Well…I actually didn’t see that one coming” Espio said.

“Okay?” Twilight said, confused as could be as to what just happened.

“Sorry Twi, the only real piece of info I got was about a library” Applejack said earning a gasp and starry eyes from her lavender coated friend.

“A Library?” she asked, getting way too excited about it. “Well why didn’t you say so?” she asked, heading off to find the library.

“You’ve unleashed the beast Applejack. Unleashed the beast” Shadow said, walking past her.

“I told ya she’d be happy about it” Applejack said to Knuckles.

“Let’s just find her before she hurts herself” Knuckles said before they and all the others followed the unicorn to her favorite place, The Library.

Somewhere in the mountains

Jet felt his vision returning, as well as the onset of a headache as his eyes opened slowly. With a pained groan he used his arms to push himself up into a position that allowed him to use his weight to sit.

“Wave? Storm?” he called out, trying to locate his teammates.

“Over here Jet.” He could hear Wave say, turning his head he saw them both and smiled in relief they were unharmed.

“What just happened?” Storm asked.

“I don’t know, but we’re on the other side of that portal. We’re in a place we don’t know and I haven’t been able to locate the storm that houses the portal.” Wave said, saddened by their stranded status in a foreign place.

“Don’t worry, we’ll just use our Extreme Gear and ride on through this place and find our way home.” Jet said with a confident smirk.

“No can do…our boards aren’t functioning…believe me I tried” she said.

“What about our Gravity Bands?” Jet asked, fearful of them being damaged beyond use.

“They’re fine, but not completely” Wave said, revealing the gems on the bands were duller than before, electricity crackling faintly around them.

“What’s that mean?” he asked, noticing both his and Storm’s were the same.

“It means they work fine, but the method of usage is different…” she said. “I did a test earlier…it worked, however I felt incredibly drained…”

“Are you telling me the bands can’t produce enough energy by themselves for a gravity shift?” Jet asked, starting to figure it out.

“Indeed I am saying that Jet, the gems have been damaged and can’t produce enough power on their own…so my guess is that since we’ve worn them so long and used them so much, they’ve made a link with us that utilizes our own energy to power it” she explained

“So our own energy is drained with usage? Well…that certainly makes using them a little more risky” he said.

“A little? Jet, we’re talking about the fact we’re in a highly vulnerable position when we use them now” Wave said sternly.

“She’s right boss…this is serious” Storm said. Jet sighed before nodding and slowly standing up, managing to do so with shaky legs.

“Yeah, I gotcha, they’re dangerous…well more dangerous than before” Jet said before looking for his board.

“I’ve already shifted them to compact mode, I’ll be carrying them till they’re able to be used again” Wave said, knowing what he was looking for. Jet just nodded, letting her do that till things picked up.

“Well, this is quite a sight, I was wondering what all that ruckus earlier was” A rather elderly male voice said. The three of them turned to face the voice, seeing a griffon with gray fur and white feathers. His eyes a bright turquoise and gentle in their gaze. He carried a tribal staff in one taloned hand, smiling at the three Rogues.

“Now, now no need to be alarmed, I mean no harm to you three. Contrary to popular belief, we Griffons are a gentle yet very proud race.” He said with a small chuckle to himself.

“Griffons?” Wave pondered, knowing they definitely were in another world for sure now.

“Indeed, I am Wulok, elder of my tribe here in the Griffon Kingdom. What are your names?”

“I’m Wave the Swallow” Wave said with a smile.

“Storm the Albatross” Storm said, beating his chest once with one hand.

“Jet the Hawk” Jet said.

“A pleasure to meet you all. Now come along, I’m sure you’d like a place to stay while you recover” he said, walking back toward his tribe.

Jet looked to the other two before nodding and following him, Wave and Storm close behind Jet.

Somewhere over the ocean

Metal Sonic, Gilda and Mephiles were making their way to the Griffon kingdom. Flying high above the water below.

“How much farther?” Metal asked.

“I can see the Sea Spire up ahead. Our destination is about 20 minutes after that” she said.

“Good” Metal said, flying faster. Gilda just sighed before flying faster as well.

“Hey! Don’t forget about me!” Mephiles shouted before flying after them.

Author's Note:

our heroes have found a lead that may help them save the Empire. The Rogues have been offered shelter as they recover from interdimensional travel. Metal and his group are getting closer to the Griffon Kingdom. will he succeed in gaining the trust and assistance of the kingdom as his own personal militia?

PreviousChapters Next