• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 7,665 Views, 249 Comments

Forced Adoption - Cool writer



Every orphan dreams of getting adopted. But they all would like some say in it.

  • ...
51
 249
 7,665

22 Burst!

The walk to the portal room was torture. Luna was staring at the floor and Celestia was on the verge of sobbing, but she fought the tears back. Pond trailed behind, dreading what came next. Harmony wasn't all that happy either, even though he thought he should be. Starswirl, though, was beaming.

'It took me a year, but I finally did it!' He thought to himself happily. After a few agonizing minutes, the group finally reached the portal room. Inside, Celaria was waiting. She was wearing a false smile.

"Well, my mistake will finally be reconciled," Celaria said, clearly choking up. "I'm gonna miss you two." Celaria gave both Pond and Harmony a hug. Starswirl trotted over to the controls and began to turn the machine on.

"Well..." Pond started uncomfortably. "You don't have to. Because I'm not going." Harmony's pony jaw dropped.

"You're staying!?!" Harmony asked. Pond nodded. Celestia and Luna smiled a little bit.

"You're just gonna have to go back without me." Pond half smiled. "We both agreed this place... Equestria is paradise, and I wanna stay here. In Equestria, we have a family, and friends. On Earth, we don't." Pond explained. "Why would anypony want to leave? Look, I've even gotten the local lingo." Pond slightly laughed at herself. Now, Harmony was on the verge of crying.

"But... I can't live without you!" Harmony blurted out. "You're the one he keeps me from being a sad sack all the time, you-"

"Har- Jason, you don't need me anymore. It's time for you to move on." Pond smiled. Harmony could tell, this was hard for her. Starswirl approached the two.

"Alright, I'll make you two human again now," Starswirl exclaimed. His horn began to glow.

"Wait!" Pond shouted. "I'm not going back, you can leave me as is." Starswirl looked at her.

"Really?" She nodded in response. "Ok then, welcome to Equestria, permanently." Starswirl shook her hoof. His horn glowed brighter and flashed. When everypony could see again, Jason stood where Harmony was a moment ago. Jason looked himself over, making sure he didn't have a tail, or horse ears. He didn't. Jason looked at Golden Pond.

"So, I guess this is goodbye," Jason said, awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess so," Pond replied. They hugged. "Goodbye, Jason." The embrace ended, and Jason turned to face the portal home. Starswirl shot his magic beam into the machine, starting it up. the ball of light appeared and the ripples going to the ring around the portal. The portal was open.

"What is it the Doctor says?" Jason asked. "Oh right!" He readied himself to charge the portal, then called out: "ALLONS-Y!!!" he ran at the portal. Everypony started calling out their goodbyes,
until everything went wrong.

Jason was only 5 feet from the portal, when a bolt of energy bursted from the portal, and struck Jason.

"JASON!" Pond cried out, trying to run to her friend. Celaria grabbed onto her and held her tight. Starswirl knew what was happening.

"No no no no NO!" Starswirl began to cry, racing to the controls.
He was too late.

By the time Starswirl reached the controls, Jason faded from view and left behind a pile of ashes.

"NO!" Starswirl cried out. He closed the portal, but it was too late to save Jason. The room was still, and silent. Pond finally broke free of her mother's grasp and kneeled down next to the ash pile.

"Bring him back." Pond sobbed. "Bring him back, BRING HIM BACK!" Pond paced angrily over to Starswirl. Starswirl looked at her gravely.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," Starswirl said. "But... your friend is lost to time. We may never see him again." Pond broke down on the floor.

"This isn't right!" Pond shouted, to no one, in particular. Celaria snapped out of her daze and moved to console her daughter, especially now that she was her daughter. Celaria scooted up close and nuzzled Pond sweetly.

"It's ok," Celaria cooed. "It's gonna be ok." But Pond didn't hear her. She was too busy sobbing.

Author's Note:

I believe this is where you say: "sh** got real."