• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 7,665 Views, 249 Comments

Forced Adoption - Cool writer



Every orphan dreams of getting adopted. But they all would like some say in it.

  • ...
51
 249
 7,665

21 Reach the Sky Above!

Harmony raced onto the palace lawns, looking for Celestia.

"Tia!" He called out. He then raced off in the direction he last saw his sister heading.


Tia flew into the small forest, set next to Canterlot. After she had flown a good ways into the woods and was too tired to fly anymore, she landed in a crying, fumming heap on the forest floor. She was sad but mostly mad.

"Why does the world toy with my emotions?!?" She screamed to herself, leaning back against a fallen log. A few sole tears streaked down her face. "I've already lost Dad, why can't I keep something?"

"Oh, so that's what's up." Harmony's voice invaded the solitary Celestia was in. He walked over to Tia and sat down. "I was starting to wonder where the father was, but now I understand. Pretty stupid I didn't ask until now huh?" Harmony asked Tia. Tia turned away. "Come on, don't be like that." Harmony said, stroking his sister's mane soothingly. "Look, I'm sorry I can't stay forever, but you're lucky." Harmony began. "I lost my dad, and my mom." Tia turned to Harmony.

"Really?" She asked, sympathetically.

"And, I don't live in a 'friendly magic utopia'." Harmony said, realizing what Equestria was as he spoke. He pushed the thought aside to focus on the problem at hoof. "Look, it can be hard letting go, for the longest time I was SUPER over protective of Am- Pond for the longest time. But, I learned to let go and relax." Harmony explained. "And, when Starswirl gets the portal up and running, we can go both ways, so I can come back and visit."

"Would you?" Tia asked. Harmony nodded.

"I'm not even sure I wanna leave anyway- wait!" Harmony said firmly. "I'm not staying, but I'm just saying, that I'll come back to visit." He clarified. He looked at her. "You need a minute?" Harmony asked. Tia nodded. Harmony stood up and walked back towards Canterlot. Tia looked up at the sun. She knew that it was her destiny to control it one day. It seemed an impossible task to her. Tia stood up, and decided to challenge herself, to take her mind off her troubles. She was gonna fly up as high as she could. So, she did.

Tia beat her tiny, filly wings as hard as she could, going up and up. She stretched her forelegs in front of her, flying faster. She soon reached the high cloud layer (one on par with Earth's). She was tired and barely moving up anymore. So, she rested on a cloud. She looked out over the whole land. She could even see a dessert in the distance! But, for now, she took a nap on the cloud.


"Did you talk to her?" Pond asked. Harmony nodded "yes" in reply.

"It turns out she has some deep emotional junk going on. But I think she's better now." Harmony smiled. Pond put a hoof on his shoulder.

"I don't understand how you don't want to stay here." Pond sighed. "it's paradise! Your thumbs are completely worth it."

"You're right." Harmony sighed.

"What?" Pond asked. "You-"

"Don't want to stay." Harmony interrupted. "But you're right. This place is paradise."

"Soooooo... why are you not staying again?" Pond asked.

"Well... because..." Harmony had nothing. Pond grew a smug look on her face.

"You don't have any reason, other than your stubborn, don't you?" Pond asked. Harmony blushed, embarrassed. "That's what I thought." Pond smirked. "So, why are you gonna go back to the human world?" Harmony realized something.

"Wait... you said you... what do you mean by that?" Harmony asked, fearing Pond's response. Pond looked uneasy.

"Well... I'm-" Pond was interrupted by Star swirl entering the room, with an incredibly excited look on his face.

"Harmony! There you are! I've been looking all over for you." Star Swirl said relieved. "It's done, it's finally working."

"You mean the-"

"Yes, I do." Star swirl said. "I can send you home."

Author's Note:

The plot thickens!!!