• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 535 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 535

Chapter 18

As the taxi was going over the bridge, everyone was just enjoying the ride. Tony was talking to the ponies, "You know what we're gonna do in the country, Maria and me? We're gonna have lots of kids, and we're gonna name them after each and every one of you! That goes to show you how grateful we are of you guys!" He turned to see Twilight wasn't listening. She was writing something. "Hey Twilight, what are you doing?" Tony asked.

"Writing a letter." Twilight smiled "Do you want to read it?"

"Sure!" He took the letter and read it out loud, "Dear Princess Celestia, I know I haven't wrote a friendship report since I became a princess, but I just learned probably the most valuable lesson I have ever learned: Never be afraid to break what's normal or accepted if it means doing the right thing. Especially if it's to help your friends. If you just stand by and watch something bad happen to a friend, it could really hurt, or even kill, them. Just trust your guts and fix it. Your faithful student fellow princess, Twilight Sparkle." Tony handed the letter back to Twilight, "It's perfect."

"Here's your stop!" the taxi man said. The group got out and the taxi left.

"Are you sure you can take it from here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Maria replied, "Yes, thank you. Besides, you girls need to go back to Equestria."

"Oh, yeah," Pinkie Pie frowned, "I forgot about that."

"Thank you so much for everything you have done," Tony thanked "We are never going to forget you!"

"And we'll never forget you," Fluttershy smiled.

"Ooh, let's take a picture to make sure we remember this forever." Rarity said as she held a camera selfie-style with her magic, "Say, Tonight!"

"Tonight!" everyone shouted as Rarity took two pictures. She gave one to Maria and Tony and put the other one away.

Tony grabbed Twilight and hugged her, "I'll miss you most of all."

"Same here," responded Twilight "Always remember Tony, there is no supernatural in this world, but anyone carry the most powerful magic of all." He smiled and put her down.

"Goodbye," said Tony and Maria.

"Goodbye!" the ponies shouted as the two lovers ran away into the distance.

"Alright girls, hold onto me!" Twilight said. The others grabbed onto Twilight and she teleported them away. They came back to the front of Doc's.

"Let's get to the portal before the gangs come," Applejack whispered.

"Too late!" a voice said. The ponies turned around to see the gangs, blocking the away to the portal. Pinkie Pie pulled her party cannon and blasted the gangs in the face. They fell down, letting the ponies run to the portal. The gangs got up and ran after them. They eventually got to that shard of mirror the landed them in New York two days ago.

Twilight was about to go in, but she stopped. "What are you doing Twilight?" Rainbow Dash yelled "Freedom is just a couple hoofsteps away!

Twilight turned to the Jets and the Sharks, "Why do you hate? You're different? You want the street? Whatever it is, it's childish! If it weren't for your negligence, not only would Tony and Maria still be here, BUT RIFF AND BERNARDO WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!!!!!! I hope you are happy with yourselves." She went into the portal, her friends followed her.

Ice stuck his hand out to the portal. He couldn't get through. It was closed. He turned to Pepe and held his hand out, "You want to get some soda at Doc's?" Pepe nodded and took Ice's hand.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Equestria, Spike was cleaning the castle when the portal started to glow. Out came Twilight and her friends. She took the DVD out of the connecter and the portal stopped glowing. Spike cheered, "You made it back! How was it? Did you meet the characters? What did you do?"

"We'll tell you later when we aren't so tired," answered Twilight. She turned to her friends, "Watch to the movie again and see if there is any... changes."

As her friends and Spike left the room, she noticed Sunset Shimmer's book glowing. There was a new message inside, "Dear Princess Twilight, Missing you already, and I hope you'll be back soon. Things are definitely looking up for me here at Canterlot High. But I know I still have a lot to learn about friendship. Hope you don't mind if I write to you for advice when I need it. Your friend, Sunset Shimmer."

Twilight grabbed a quill and wrote back, "Dear Sunset Shimmer, I am so glad to hear this great news! I wanted to thank you for West Side Story. My friends and I watched it and absolutely loved it. It spawned quite the adventure, but that's a story for another day. Write to me whenever you want. Your friend, Twilight." As she set the book down she heard a gunshot. She ran into the throne room shouting, "Girls! Is everything okay?!? I heard a gu-" She looked at the TV. On it was the scene where Tony died. "We didn't change the movie?"

"Not at all," said Applejack "Although, we might have to go through the entire thing to make sure..." She and the others and a smile.

"You want to watch the movie again?" asked Twilight. Everyone nodded as Twilight took her seat to re-watch her new favorite musical, the way it always was.

Author's Note:

Whew! I finished! I am so proud of this story! If you liked it, give it a like or comment!

So, what's next for me? I have a new fanfic I'm working on. It's another crossover. Starring Sunset Shimmer. It's a musical at a high school...

Comments ( 7 )

5509006 You see, this story came to me in a dream and the Mane 6 were ponies. I tried to think of an excuse why they didn't transform, but I just couldn't. Plus, I didn't want them to transform ;)

Also, I am soooooo glad you like this story!!!!!

5509000 Thank you soooooo much! You have no idea how much that means to me!!! :D

5509036 OMG I STARTED A TREND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The description makes it sound like Disney channels teen beach movie but with ponies. Ehh... I'll give it a shot. Don't make me regret it please.

5524581 Thank you for your honesty. Yeah, I'll admit my writing isn't J.K. Rowling's. This is actually my best one! I look back at my others, and they are much worse.

You never saw West Side Story? It is a lot like Teen Beach Movie's "Wet Side Story" It's about two gangs called the Jets and the Sharks who fight to take control of a street in Manhattan. The former leader of the Jets, Tony, falls in love with the sister of the leader of the Sharks, Maria. And, yeah. It is basically a modern Romeo and Juliet, with gangs. It might not sound interesting, but it is actually really good! I highly recommend you should watch it. If you decide not to, this story basically explains what happens. If you keep reading, the majority of the chapters are scenes from the movie, just with the Mane 6.

Login or register to comment