• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 535 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 535

Chapter 16

Back in Maria's room, it has been almost an hour, yet Twilight and Fluttershy were still traumatized. "I know they hinted at it in the movie, but I didn't think they actually did it," Twilight has said for the tenth time. Fluttershy wasn't listening, for she was crying on the ground.

A voice came through the door that made Tony and Maria awake, "Maria? Are you in there?" It was Anita.

"Yes," Maria softly answered.

As she made out with Tony some more, Anita called again, "Open the door. I need you."

Twilight signaled Tony toward the window. He nodded then whispered to Maria, "Twilight's right. We should go so far away, where they'll never find us."

"But how?" Maria whispered.

"Doc will help us with money."

"Will we meet at his store?"

"Yeah, Twilight and I will wait for you and Fluttershy there."

He went to the window and kissed Maria some more. Twilight tugged him, "Oh will you come on!"

"Hurry!" Tony shouted. Twilight tugged him out the window.

"Coming Anita!" Maria said as she opened the door. Anita was there, with a suspicious look on her face, along with Rarity and Applejack, both with worried faces.

"The door has ears, you know," Rarity said as Anita and Applejack looked out the door. Outside was Twilight and Tony talking to Anybodys. Anita gave Maria a face that said, "Really?"

Maria stood up tall, "Alright, now you know."

"And you still don't know," Anita shouted "HE IS ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!" She started singing, "A boy like that, who’d kill your brother. Forget that boy and find another, one of your own kind. Stick to your own kind! A boy like that will give you sorrow. You’ll meet another boy tomorrow, one of your own kind. Stick to your own kind! A boy who kills cannot love. A boy who kills has no heart. And he’s the boy who gets your love and gets your heart. Very smart, Maria, very smart! A boy like that wants one thing only. And when he’s done he’ll leave you lonely. He’ll murder your love. He murdered mine. Just wait and see. Just wait, Maria. Just wait and see!"

Maria stood up and sang, "Oh no, Anita, no. Anita, no! It isn’t true, not for me. It’s true for you, not for me. I hear your words and in my head I know they’re smart. But my heart, Anita, but my heart knows they’re wrong. You should know better. You were in love or so you said. You should know better. I have a love, and it’s all that I have. Right or wrong, what else can I do? I love him. I’m his, and everything he is. I am, too. I have a love and it’s all that I need. Right or wrong, and he needs me too. I love him. We’re one. There’s nothing to be done. Not a thing I can do but hold him, hold him forever. Be with him now, tomorrow, and all of the my life!"

Anita started crying. Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity went up to her and sang, "When love comes so strong, there is no right or wrong. Your love is your life!"

Anita smiled at the ponies, then turned to Maria, "Chino has a gun. I heard the boys talking. He is hunting for Tony."

"He's at Doc's store, waiting for me!" Maria got angry "If Chino touches him, I swear I'll..."

"You'll do what Tony did to Bernardo?"

"I love Tony."

"I know... I loved Bernardo."

Everyone heard the door open. Lieutenant Schrank's voice followed, "Anybody home?" Anita went out. He continued, "Bernardo's sister please."

"She isn't feeling well," Anita said.

Maria and the ponies came out. Shrank spoke to Maria, "Good evening miss. I'm Lieutenant Schrank. I don't mean to disturb you at a time like this, but..."

"Yes, this is a very bad time," Maria interrupted.

"Can you just excuse me? I just have a couple of questions."

"Afterwards, please, I must go to my brother now."

"Just a minute."

"CAN'T YOU WAIT?!?!?" Anita shouted.

"Yeah," Applejack continued "Besides, me and my gals were at the rumble, not her! If there is anypony you should be asking the questions, it us!"

"Okay then," Shrank said "I'll ask you questions as well."

"Wait to go Applejack," Rarity whispered sarcastically.

"Excuse me," Maria excused "Anita, my headache is much worse. Will you go to Doc's Store for me?"

"Don't you keep aspirin around?" asked Schrank.

"This is something special," Maria explained "Anita, will you go for me?"

Anita sighed, "What should I ask for?"

"Doc will know," said Maria " Doc will know. Tell him l have been detained and can't get there right away, or l would have picked it up myself." As Anita left, Maria turned to Schrank, "I'm sorry, you were saying."

Schrank started, "At the gym last night, your brother got into an argument because you danced with the wrong boy. Who was he?"

"Another from my country."

"And his name?"

"Jose."

Rarity whispered to her fellow ponies, "How long will this take?"

"Don't worry, the others will make sure Anita doesn't enter Doc's," Fluttershy whispered back "At least, I hope they do? Oh my Celestia, what if they don't? Tony is a goner!"

"Relax," Applejack whispered "I'm sure they're doing fine."

Author's Note:

Quite the cliffhanger, eh?