• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 535 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 535

Chapter 12

Author's Note:

Please like and comment! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

"Are you sure you don't want to come Rarity?" Fluttershy was trying convince Rarity to come with her to the bridal shop to witness sweet songs in the movie.

"Don't worry Fluttershy. I need to help Applejack train for the rumble. Besides, I only wanted to see "Tonight" and that's all I need to see."

"Okay..." Fluttershy went across the street to the store. Anita was working at the register.

"Fluttershy! How can I help you?" Anita asked.

Fluttershy stuttered, "I-I want to s-s-see M-Maria..."

"She's in the back," Anita replied.

Fluttershy went to the door and heard talking. She knew what is was all about. She opened to the door, "Maria?"

Maria went up to Fluttershy and hugged her, "Oh, hello my dear Fluttershy!" Maria kissed her on the checks.

"...Is she alright?" asked Fluttershy.

Francesca sighed, "The poor girl is out of her mind!"

Maria laughed, "I am! Crazy!"

"She might be at that," Rosalia added "She looks somehow different."

"I do?" Maria asked.

"And I think she's up to something."

"I am?"

"'I do?' 'I am?' She talks like a parrot!" Francesca said.

Consuelo questioned, "What is going on with you Maria?"

Maria started singing, "I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and gay. And I pity any girl who isn't me today. I feel charming. Oh, so charming. It's alarming how charming I feel, and so pretty that I hardly can believe I'm real." She ran to a mirror and continued singing, "See that pretty girl in that mirror there? Who can that attractive girl be? Such a pretty face, such a pretty dress, such a pretty smile, such a pretty me! I feel stunning and entrancing. Feel like running and dancing for joy, for I'm loved by pretty wonderful boy!"

Maria danced around as the Fluttershy and the girls sang, "Have you met my good friend Maria, the craziest girl on the block? You’ll know her the minute you see her. She’s the one who is in an advanced state of shock. She thinks she’s in love. She thinks she’s in Spain. She isn’t in love, she’s merely insane.

"It must be the heat," sang Rosalia.

"Or some rare disease," sang Consuelo.

"Or too much to eat," sang Francesca.

"Or maybe it’s fleas," sang Fluttershy.

Maria went into the closet as the others sang, "Keep away from her. Send for Chino! This is not the Maria we know! Modest and pure, polite and refined, well-bred and mature, and out of her mind!"

Maria came out wearing a tiara. "Miss America!" the others shouted. They lifted her up onto the table and shouted, "Speech!"

Maria sang again, " I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty that the city should give me its key. A committee
should be organized to honor me. I feel dizzy. I feel sunny. I feel fizzy and funny and fine, and so pretty, Miss America can just resign! See the pretty girl in that mirror there?"

"What mirror? Where?" the others asked.

Maria sang, "Who can that attractive girl be?"

The others kept asking, "Which? What? Where? Whom?"

Maria sang once more, "Such a pretty face, such a pretty dress, such a pretty smile, such a pretty me! I feel stunning and entrancing. Feel like running and dancing for joy, for I’m loved by a pretty wonderful boy!"

The owner of the store, Madam Lucia, came in, "Stop singing and get out! It's closing time!"

Everyone left except for Fluttershy and Maria. They went out to Anita. "You go, I will lock up with Fluttershy. I have work," Maria pleaded.

"Fine. I'm going to take bath and go on a date with Bernardo after the rumble."

Maria sighed, "Why must they fight?"

As Anita shrugged, Fluttershy heard the door out back open. As she turned around, she saw what she expected: Tony and Twilight in the doorway. Anita saw them too and mocked Maria, "'You go, I will lock up.'"

Twilight stepped in, "We just came from the drugstore to drop off aspirin."

Tony smiled, "Don't worry Twilight. We're fine. In fact, we're out of this world! 12 feet in the air!" He hugged Maria.

"You won't tell, right?" Maria asked.

Anita sighed, "Tell what? How can I know what goes on 12 feet over my head?" She left as Tony, Maria, Twilight, and Fluttershy cheered.

Maria went to Tony, "Are you going to that rumble tonight?"

"We all are," answered Fluttershy "Why?"

"I want Tony to stop it."

"I did," Tony replied "It's just a fist...er... hoof fight between Applejack and Rainbow Dash,"

"We can't just let two little ponies fight," reminded Maria "Please Tony? For me?"

Tony said, "If it means that much to you, I'll do it! Afterwards, I'll come over."

"I'll wait on the roof," said Maria.

"Oh no. I'll come to your house."

"You cannot. My mama."

"Okay, I'll take you to my house."

"Your mama?"

Tony shrugged. Fluttershy gave a worried look to Twilight as if to say, "This isn't what he did." Twilight knew she had to do it. She pulled over a mannequin in a green dress and addressed the Puerto Rican lovebird, "She'll come running from the kitchen waiting to greet you!"

Tony laughed and continued, "Yeah, she practically lives in the kitchen. She'll look at you and try not to smile. She'll say, 'Skinny but pretty!'"

"She is plump, no doubt." Maria commented.

Tony extended the dress to look large and responded with only one word, "Fat." Twilight and Fluttershy fell down and laughed.

Maria went to a small purple dress, "I take after my mother, delicate-boned." She turned to a suit and laughed, "I would like to see Papa in this!"

Tony went up to the suit and talked to it as if it were actually Maria's dad, "May I have your daughter's hand?"

"He said yes!" Maria said almost instantly "What about your mama?"

"I am afraid to ask."

"Tell her she isn't getting a daughter, she's getting rid of a son!"

Tony went up to the mannequin of his mother, whispered to it and turned to Maria, "She said yes! Now, the maid of honor."

As Tony dragged a mannequin of a pink dress into the center of the room Maria sighed, "That color is bad for Anita."

"And the best man!" Tony picked up the mannequin of Maria's dad.

Maria screamed, "That's my Papa!"

"Ooh!" At these words, he put down the mannequin, but took the hat and talked to it, "Sorry Papa..." As Maria got out a veil Tony got another suit, "Here you go Riff. Womb to tomb."

"He doesn't deserve to be a part of this wedding," Twilight complained. As Tony gave her a sour face, she changed the subject, "I'll marry you two, being a princess."

"I'll take care of the music!" Fluttershy offered.

Tony and Maria got in the middle of the mannequins as Fluttershy hummed "Here Comes The Bride" and Twilight began, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witnessed to weeding of To- Anton and Maria. Now, the bride and groom will say their vows."

"I, Anton, take thee, Maria . . ".

"I, Maria, take thee, Anton . . ."

"For richer, for poorer . . ."

"In sickness and in health . . ."

"To love and to honor . . ."

"To hold and to keep . . ."

"From each sun to each moon . . ."

"From tomorrow to tomorrow . . ."

"From now to forever . . .

"Till death do us part."

Tony pretended to slide a ring on Maria's finger, "With this ring, I thee wed."

Maria did the same, "With this ring, I thee wed."

Tony made a request to Twilight (by singing!), "Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now."

Maria continued with the song, "Make of our lives one life. Day after day, one life."

The two lovers sang to each other, "Now it begins, now we start: One hand, one heart. Even death won't part us now."

Twilight (on the verge of crying), concluded, "By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife! You ma-!" They were already kissing. Twilight turned to Fluttershy and nodded. She nodded back, and ran out. Twilight, again, took one final look at Maria and Tony before teleporting to the Jets.